slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
the good in me . [ private ]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 2:27:51 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
the words she spoke were insightful, kim intent to listen as she said them. it seems he was right to rely on her in for this, her words that of a professional, trained in their craft. he couldn’t help but smirk though, a chuckle coming forth as he did, the thought that she was so knowledgeable on such a subject as this seeming a bit off to him. as much as she was doing her best to help him, he still couldn’t take her words as seriously as he wanted to.

i guess actions speak louder than words.

he’d pause sending a smile her way before returning his eyes to the table, carefully placing the utensils in a pleasing manner as he began speaking.

no matter how good you look or how many advances you send someone’s way, i think it all boils down to whether you or the other person is willing to make the first step.

his hands kept busy as he spoke, adjusting the plates idly, each movement displaying bad nerves.

i’m not sure whether it was them thinking that i didn’t see them in that way or the fact that i am who i am that made people not give it a shot, but no, i’ve never had anyone make those moves towards me. maybe they were waiting for me to do so.

his lips would twist a bit, contorting into a bothered pout briefly before returning to a placid state, a shrug coming after the brief interruption of thought.

i’m not sure, but honestly, even if i had initiated some sort of romance towards another party or they initiated it towards me, i wouldn’t know what to do with them.

"they’d probably be more of a sort of accessory than anything. something to have on my person that i can show off and go, ‘i have this now, cool right?’

once more he’d chuckle, the thought of himself unable to properly perceive the worth of another seeming pathetic to the none other than the one who had thought it.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 3:22:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"now that's an interesting mindset."

cait poured half of the bowl's contents into the hot pan, the eggs beginning to cook and fill the kitchen with a delectably savory scent. 

"
but not entirely unheard of."

'it's hard to believe that no one has tried to pursue this man.'

her green-eyed gaze slid toward him as she retrieved a plastic spatula from a nearby drawer. 

"
it's a little bit psychopathic - or is it sociopathic -  to consider people as little more than possessions as opposed to sentient beings. you know?"

there was no heat present within her voice despite her choice of words. 

"
i'm also very curious to know your interpretation of the 'first step'," she said. "is it the proposal of a relationship? the holding of hands? a kiss? a proclamation and shared acknowledgement that they're now your 'significant other'?"

an amused look twisted at her pretty features, her freshly painted lips spreading themselves into a full smile.

"
we'll get your 'education' underway, regardless. if you leave me in the dust then i want to at least make sure you're - well - ready.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 6:31:08 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
yea.

his words came out a bit forlorn yet calm, the passiveness in his voice still leaving room to show the disapproval he has for himself and such thoughts.

but that’s what she’s here for, to give him a better insight to relationships and hopefully make him see them as more than just a show for others to on look for as long as they are valid.

the first step for me would simply be to let your feelings be known. if i ever felt a certain way about someone i would tell them i have those feelings for them and let them know that i- in some way or another- am infatuated with them.

of course that has yet to happen considering that he is in the position he’s in currently, relying on the likes of cait to rehabilitate him in some fashion.

i think the only one who i’ve ever really had those types of feelings for are stormy, but i always brushed them off. she’s my best friend, and if our relationship changed into something more than friendship- and i still had the same mindset as i do now- then it’d be a problem, don’t you think?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 6:55:31 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait arched a slim brow. 

"stormy? is that who you want?"

she casually flipped the omelet, appearing unperturbed by his admittance. though the likelihood that she'd mull over this conversation sometime afterward was rather high.

"
is that who you're preparing yourself for?

cait blinked and then slowly cocked her head to the side, her back to the man as she remained at the stove and absently tended to their share meal. 

"
no. you told me you wouldn't dare step on stone's toes. she's his 'till she says otherwise."

the girl tittered softly.

"
it's funny - you know - i wanted her, too. , i mean. she's something else, isn't she? beautiful. spirited. genuine."   

cait's tone became curious, as though she still longed for the individual whom would likely never be hers.

"
though i can't deny that i'm not also just as fond of her brother. there's something about those two that's positively radiant."  

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 7:35:00 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
corrections were unneeded, her doing that all on her own. the ship he set to sail with stormy had gone and went, the small kindle of fire held for her turned to ash before it even had the chance to stoke.

but everything cait had to say about her was true. her attitude, the way she carries herself, and the passion behind her actions, they were all more than he could withstand. but that may have been what made him fall for her in the first place.

though the mention of his colleague caught him off guard, his gaze wandering over to her.

huh? i can’t say i have any feelings for him one way or another. of course he’s a handsome man, but i can’t see myself being around him for longer than needed.

even with as much time as they spent around each other, kim wasn’t as comfortable with the man as he should be.

shame he can’t be more like his sister. he’s got a different kind of intensity, the kind i can’t exactly be fond of.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 8:07:34 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"he's amazing as is," she argued. 

the freckle-faced gym leader didn't say much more than that - aware that kim wouldn't enjoy discussing his peer's prowess at length. 

"
i suppose we'll both just have to make do.

the first omelet was done and was gingerly placed upon a ceramic plate. she went about cooking the next portion, each executed motion appearing slow and methodical. 

"
it's a curious thing that you're trying to tie yourself down in the middle of a war," she said. "but i suppose the near constant risk of life and limb tends to make people reconsider the finer things in life.

cait shot him a small and almost encouraging grin.

"
not that that's necessarily a bad thing. i don't think it's too terrible of an idea to find someone that'll leave you feeling warm and wanted. for me? lovers are pretty easy to find; but serious partners - folk who i'd consider as potential companions - are comparatively rare.

she flipped the omelet once she was satisfied that it wouldn't fall apart.

"
is there anyone aside from stormy you'd want? not fernando, obviously. though you two would make for a fairly interesting couple.

cait grinned, visibly amused by the idea of it. 

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 23:23:59 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
while he did not know the extent their relationship spanded, the knowledge he has on fernando was more than he should be allowed to know. from what he’s gathered fernando is the type of man that kim sees as a coworker to keep at arm's length, close enough to smack him upside the head if he’s doing some stupid shit, because honestly, it’s bound to happen one of these days.

as for her interjection on relationships, kim would simply shrug, his smile turning a little more lighthearted than originally.

i figured why not now? any day could be the last for me so why not try to understand the things i don’t, you know?

with everything that’s happened recently and the fact that he had been present for every life threatening invasion or otherwise, tomorrow was not guaranteed for him. each day would be taken with a grain of salt, the councilman enjoying it as much as he could while he could. you never know which day is your last after all.

i don’t have my eyes on anyone anymore. then again, i haven’t gotten to know many people well enough for me to draw a conclusion to them aside from a few people here and there. but, as i said, no one has made me feel the need to express my infatuation.

his fingers rapped lightly onto the table, the free hand brushing hair to his side as his smile grew a bit more, the edges of his lips tightening as he spoke.

what about you? is there anyone you’re holding a candle for? i believe ferny is already taken, so are there any other contenders in your game of love?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2019 0:03:23 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her smile slowly transitioned into a flat line.  

"no."

the omelets were done by now; which left the bacon. it took a shorter amount of time to cook than the eggs, the woman quickly preparing two separate plates once the meat was ready for consumption. cait satisfied herself with the vegetable omelet that she had prepared and left the thick slices of bacon for kim to enjoy. she'd place his plate before him, her expression betraying nothing in particular as she did so. 

"
enjoy," she said, simply. 

she sat opposite to him,  the young woman soon tucking into her meal as she allowed for an almost uncomfortable silence to settle. cait stopped short after taking several bites before she stood.

"
i forgot the drinks. you've got anything in the fridge? milk? juice? i don't drink soda.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2019 0:35:19 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
his head tilted idly as she let silence settle in, the displeasure in her body language doing more than enough to tell that she was less than pleased.

as she sat the food onto the table, kim would watch her, letting the silence ruminate for a moment before she spoke up, a question asked.

yea, i brought some juice yesterday.

making his way over to the fridge kim would give one last look over to her, grabbing the carton from the fridge and setting it onto the table promptly after, moving to the cabinets to grab a couple of glasses and setting one near her and one on his side.

pouring the mixed drink into her cup, he’d question her in a calm tone.

did i… bother you with that question?

they seemed to be in a decent mood, and to have it turn sour at the drop of a dime seemed a little off. maybe he said a bit too much.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2019 1:21:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait raised her gaze from her recently filled glass of orange juice.

"it's not your fault, kim," she said. "
it's - i - well -

she wondered at that moment if kim feared that he had somehow made a verbal misstep; having already processed both his tone and the inquiry that was gently presented to her. 

"
i'm just - i do want to find someone - you know?

she took an experimental sip of her juice, but the young woman didn't bother with reaching for her fork at that moment - her food left to grow cold. 

"
but i'm in a tight spot right now. rocket's pressing on mauville's border as we speak and there's no doubt in my mind that they'll mount an attack sooner as opposed to later."

cait sucked in a breath, appearing an unpleasant combination of tired and exasperated.

"
i guess i've been too distracted as of late - as well as anxious. i'd rather maintain some amount of emotional and physical distance just encase something - gods forbid - happens to me.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2019 2:12:49 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
her cause for concern was completely warranted, kim himself finding the time to worry about such fretting tensions, as expressed earlier.

but he couldn’t let her dwell on such thoughts, knowing all too well the outcome of such impressions.

well, i’m here, aren’t i? or do you not see me as a suitable companion while the timeframe of our agreement is in place?

he’d smile, taking a fork to press into the omlet, the skewered slice of egg waving about as kim made motions with his hands - his actions almost conducting his words as he spoke.

this is just a trial run, but for the time being, i want you to depend on me emotionally as much as i do you. unless you’d rather keep all that stress pent up.

brining the food to his lips he’d take a bite, a bright expression appearing on his face as he did, a hum of delight ringing forth as he continued chewing.

you’re allowed to think otherwise, but for both of our sakes, i hope this month passes by really slow. you weren’t bluffing when you said you know your way around a kitchen.

needless flattery on his part, that he felt needed anyways.

"try not to worry too much about the complications of things and just live. i think that's some of the best advice i can give you right now.

i know just a well as you how bad things are, but worrying about them will just make way for mistakes. take it as easy as you can and let things go how they will.

a bite was taken from his bacon, holding it in his hands as he crunched the remainder quietly, speaking after.

and yes, it might seem selfish to love someone that you may eventually end up leaving, but isn't the fact that you'll be in their lives for the time that you are enough to make you want to give a relationship a chance?"

he may not be too advanced in relationships but when it comes to frivolous actions, he’s a veteran. living life carefree comes easy to him.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2019 2:33:01 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

his praise both distracted and pleased her in a strange sort of way. 

'he's right,' she thought, her smile having returned in full. 

while cait staunchly refused to neglect her ever growing list of duties and responsibilities she supposed that she'd find the time to enjoy his company for the duration of his stay.

'i'll just think of it as a much needed vacation.'

"you're not entirely wrong," she admitted, a teasing edge soon entering her tone of voice. "
and i don't personally view you as unsuitable, kim. you're - well - adequate, i suppose."

cait grasped her fork and gestured at the man with the silver object. 

"
now let's focus on finishing our breakfast because we're both going out for a walk. after we eat you can get ready while i clean up the kitchen.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2019 1:37:32 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
letting out a quick laugh, he’d look to her, finishing the bacon strip he held in his hand.

you’re luck to have a man like me at your hip for even a week, and you have me for a whole month? well, i’ll just say you’re welcome and leave it at that.

he would start cutting into the omlet, half paying attention to it as he did, opting to speak to her as he did.

as for the walk, where to? and how long do you think we’ll be out? i’m willing to spend all day with you but i’d like to at least give my pokemon a heads up.

they were capable of fending for themselves when it came to it, but telling them beforehand would be nice in the long run.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2019 4:33:04 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"just around the city - so no more than two or three hours," she reassured. "
i like to make my rounds around this time, you know?"

cait took advantage of her prestigious position and bolstered her popularity by effectively playing the part of the average citizen. people were quite fond of seeing her mill about with an air of normalcy about her, after all. and, thankfully, they didn't pester her nor mob her just because she was out and about. 

'i wonder what they'll think if they see me with mister cole here.'

there was no doubt in her mind that the local tabloids would get a hold of a few pictures and run a story about the pair within a day or two.

'especially if we're playing the part of a couple.'

"
dress comfortably," she advised. "like you would if you were making your way through a route. it's a little warm outside and its dry, so nothing too heavy."

she polished off the remainder of her meal and deposited her plate and utensils into the kitchen's sink.

"
you don't mind being seen in public with me, do you? i wasn't sure if you'd rather our newfound relationship be kept private or not. we could always stay inside if you'd prefer the former.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2019 7:00:42 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
i like to dress up when i’m out, gives people something nice to look at. can you name a time where i haven’t looked my best?.

besides it didn’t make sense for him to change when he had gotten all gussied up for her in the first place.

and don’t worry about being seen with me. i chose you because i wanted you to teach me to be above seeing my partner as just a thing. what others think of us shouldn’t matter, right?

he’d pause briefly, thinking for a moment before smiling deviously as he looked to her.

unless you want people to know we’re a couple of course. i wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to, being connected to someone like me would surely bring you a bit more fame.

his arrogance was an obvious jest, with the slightest bit of honesty thrown in. but he’d shake his head, brushing off the idea nonetheless.

if you don’t mind i won’t.