thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
howling [pub/c]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 2:48:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]"Have you met Zev yet?"[break][break]

Gavin keeps his voice down but tone casual as he and step across the threshold into Howling's industrial interior. Though it's early in the night and Gavin's just joined in the crawl himself, they're far from the first customers.[break][break]

He speaks casually of , Howling's owner, as he'd just taken up the mantle of Beast within Rocket's ranks. Though with all the stress surrounding a brush with the end of the world, he knows there's a chance the two Beasts aren't yet acquainted. Best to ask, just in case.[break][break]

"I come to Howling whenever I can make the Trivia Night."[break][break]

Tonight, he orders the signature SAZERAC, because what's the point of a pub crawl if he doesn't have a little fun experimenting? Even if mixing all these drinks isn't the wisest idea...

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
howling [pub/c]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 19:22:39 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar recalled his first encounter with , during a Beast mission to handle some traitors. The carnage they caused that night was still fresh in Oscar's memory, and the deep horror it placed within his heart would never be fully erased.

"Yeah he's pretty cool! Would love to work with him more often!" Oscar replied with a smile. They reached the bar shortly after, and since this was Oscar's first stop for the night he had no qualms about copying gavin and ordering a SAZERAC .

There drinks came rather quickly, and Oscar would grab his glass and raise it toward Gavin. He was esctatic to chat casually with one of his closest friends once again.

"Here's to you my friend." Oscar took a sip, and thus his adventure began.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
howling [pub/c]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 0:57:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Oblivious to the details of their assignment, having not caught up on that particular report, Gavin takes Oscar at his cheerful word.[break][break]

Oscar raises his glass in a toast, and Gavin clinks his own against it before taking a deep swig of the cognac cocktail. He detects a hint of nomel peel in the aftertaste, though hadn't savoured it enough to catch the other notes.[break][break]

"Anything you're planning for the new year, then?"[break][break]

He's not one to make resolutions; he'll set a goal any time of the year and ensure it was accomplished. Such was the nature of ambition. But, in the spirit of the holidays, he says, "I'd like to take Temp to Galar. We've always talked about going, but it's never been in the cards." He's never told Oscar that he's from Galar. He doesn't tell him now, but perhaps his friend could hazard a guess. "Seeing as it might get destroyed by Necrozma, I guess we'd better get a move on."
[break][break]
Not exactly a cheerful conversation topic.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
howling [pub/c]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 17:44:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Perhaps it was no great cocktail conversation, but then again Oscar had an odd sense of humor. Perhaps it was his lingering anxiety about all of the horrific disasters he had survived within this year alone, but Oscar could not help but cackle at Gavin's remark about Galar. "Fuck dude, yeah it's now or never. I'll be surprised if the region wasn't leveled by the end of next year."

Oscar sighed happily as he got his giggles under control, "That's just the world we live in now. One bloody disaster after the next. You never know which one you won't survive so just live your life and do your best." Oscar took a hefty sip, nearly emptying his glass by accident. He set the glass down heavily before nodding with an unusual cheer.

"My plan this year is to make the world a safer place. Or die trying, which wouldn't be too bad if you ask me!"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
howling [pub/c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 23:32:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Where Gavin is serious, morose at the thought of the imminent destruction of his birthplace, Oscar's giggling makes him quirk a brow. His lips press into a disapproving line, though he does not lash out in anger.[break][break]

"You may want to die, but I'd rather not."[break][break]

It was one of his biggest fears, in fact. To die at all, but more importantly to die without having accomplished feats great enough to have his name remembered indefinitely. His was not a star that should fade into obscurity.[break][break]

"Why are you so eager to perish?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
howling [pub/c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 16:26:26 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar furrowed his brows as he took another drink. He shook his head as he put his glass down, "I don't wanna die, I'm just saying I don't mind if I do. I got a failed god very slowly eating my insides and every month a new horror attempts to wipe us out for some reason or another. If I go out, I won't complain."

Oscar sighs as he reclines in his chair, his beverage sending waves of warmth throughout his body. "I'd just rather die working to make the world better, so that those left behind can fuckin' make something of themselves or whatever." Oscar lifted his glass and realized that it was nearly empty. His neutral expression turned into a deep frown.

"What the fuck, I swear I was pacing myself..."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
howling [pub/c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 7:33:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin shakes his head in kind, unable to grasp Oscar's altruism.[break][break]

"You're a better person than I."[break][break]

But, then, that's hardly a surprise. Gavin makes no secret of his selfishness where everything but Rocket is concerned. He will fight for them as fiercely as family, but if he were to die, what would any of it matter? If he couldn't be alive to reap the fruits of such labr, what was the point?[break][break]

Gavin, more than anything, fears death.[break][break]

He offers a dry smile when Oscar realises how much he'd drank.[break][break]

"Perhaps a water next? Or some food, or you'll wake up with a killer hangover."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights