twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 10:23:16 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

"i thought i did."[break][break]

but for one reason or another, whether it be the infrequent summonings by or something else entirely, he finds himself tethered. stuck between the material realm and the afterlife.[break][break]

and now, tethered to her.[break][break]

"it isn't safe here."[break][break]

he's been here long enough to know as much, and though it hurts to say it, he knows he has to. for her sake.[break][break]

"we need to get you back."[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 17:56:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she knows he’s right: she can’t stay here.

and despite the concept of danger and unnatural existence and her own obligations back home, she wishes she could.

softly, quietly, barely even audible… she breathes life into that line of thinking.

”i wish you could come with me.”

her hand retracts from his as if prolonged contact with him is too painful for her to endure. and in a way, it is.

she turns toward the way they came, eyes struggling to peer through mist.

”we’ll have to go back that way.”

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 18:23:16 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

warmth fleets the moment her hand slips away but that's exactly when it hits him. how slow he had been to realize such an important detail that could change everything.[break][break]

"illi—"[break][break]

he catches himself in time, stopping himself from sharing his thoughts. he does not dare give her false hope. losing each other once was painful enough.[break][break]

so he feigns a smile, crafted perfectly before he nods.[break][break]

"okay, back that way."[break][break]

he agrees, and after a few moments of walking, he speaks up again.[break][break]

"if worse comes to worst i want you to leave me. i can draw the golurk away while you run."[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 18:43:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]for whatever intelligence she manages to cling to, realization and understanding don’t dawn on her. she still isn’t sure this is even real. he could be a figment of her imagination, the final signal into madness she had been waiting for.

and as they keep walking, as they get closer and closer to the giant automaton waiting to add their blood to its collection… she almost takes up his hand again.

almost… she’s so tired of that word. they were almost happy. he almost survived.

”i’m not leaving you.”

not again.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 9:07:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"you have to."[break][break]

his voice remains level, composed even at the very brink of losing what he holds so dear.[break][break]

"i'm dead, illie. there is no saving me."[break][break]

as the ground trembles beneath them, he knows their time together is limited.[break][break]

"but you can still save yourself and live the life you deserve."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 15:09:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]”no.”

her voice is firm despite the way syllables waver.

emotion contorts the expression, shifting her face into something desparate and pained, something wounded. she wonders if it’s beyond repair.

the ground trembles and groans. the giant golurk is closer. somehow, she can’t see it through the mist. only a foreboding tremor gives its approach away.

and alex is right: she cannot save him. but fuck, she has to try.

”i can. i can do it.”

she continues in a soft, longing whisper to herself.

”i can save you.”

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 15:28:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

the words stab at his heart, each repetition plunging deeper and deeper until there's nothing left to find.[break][break]

"you can't."[break][break]

finally, the golurk appears once again, parting through the mist as it heads in their direction, dead set on making sure spirits stay where they belong.[break][break]

in this realm.[break][break]

"go!"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 16:04:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she knows he’s right and she’s wrong. she understands the concepts of it. he is dead and she is alive.

but she wouldn’t be able to keep going if she didn’t just try. guilt and hope and sadness and longing keep her hand tethered to his. her grip tightens, white knuckles refusing to let go.

”no.”

her eyes are fierce when they turn to his. red meeting familiar green.

”together or not at all.”

and with that, she drags him forward as the golurk begins to creep closer.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 18:06:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"..."[break][break]

so, so stubborn. he had almost forgotten just how persistent she could be. how determined she is once she sets her mind to it. he breathes out a sigh as the golurk edges closer.[break][break]

with a nod, he agrees, ready to face the pain of having to say goodbye. at least this time he'll get the chance to.[break][break]

"okay."[break][break]

he's dragged forward through the mist, now running as heavy footsteps continue to quicken as well, following after them.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 18:20:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he relents to her in a way that’s nostalgic. as if even in death, he still knows her like the back of his hand.

and as they begin to rush into a sprint, she tenses as the golurk’s heavy feet quicken as well.

a race against time is not any race she wants to be part of under normal circumstances. and with so much to lose again, she feels anxiety lurching her heart up into her throat.

the opportunity to say goodbye comes suddenly as the very edge of the border comes into view.

and despite herself, she tightens her grip until she’s certain it’d bruise if he weren’t already dead. she drags him until there’s nowhere left to go but out…

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 5:52:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

and out he goes.[break][break]

the threshold between life and death is crossed as his materialness returns to him. no longer is he translucent and intangible. he is whole and alive.[break][break]

his suspicions have been proven right.[break][break]

"illie..."[break][break]

his hand squeezes her just to be sure.[break][break]

"i think i'm alive."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:01:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the other side greets her and the familiar winds of hoenn rummage through her hair.

and she expects a coldness to envelope her hand, to remind her of what -- no, who -- she's left behind in the border.

somehow, it never comes.

he says her voice, then, and she whips around with such a force she almost topples herself over. he's...

in front of her. on the other side. here. whole. breathing.

and suddenly she can't seem to get enough air into her lungs. her chest heaves as his hand squeezes actual living warmth into hers and she looks like everything she has ever known isn't real anymore.

"i --"

her knees wobble until they give out and she's crumpling into the dirt with a sob, free hand flying up in an attempt to cover her face as she dissolves into tears. the hand he holds, the hand tethering him to her, refuses to let go out of fear that if she does, he might just disappear.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 15:41:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she drops to her knees and he follows her, legs giving out from underneath him. his knees dig into the soil, shoulders sagging as though a terrible weight has just been lifted off. there, with her hand still in his, he smiles, not bothering to hold back the tears.[break][break]

"you did it."[break][break]

his free hand reaches up to find her face, thumb smoothing over her tear-stained cheek.[break][break]

"you saved me. thank you."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 17:14:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she saved him. he is alive, whole, breathing… and it’s all because of her.

she fears the price this will cost her. what will she lose for his return to the living?

and his thumb brushing against her cheek wipes worries from the mind as easily as the tears clinging to her skin.

”i didn’t kn— how?”

syllables break apart, pried open by thick emotion and tears.

she crumples forward into herself, shrinking and sinking further into this feeling of relief, guilt, and anxiety all coiled up into one.

and she doesn’t say it but she knows: he was there because of her.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 10:55:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

does it matter how? what matters is that she did it, that she found him and brought him back when no one else could. that's what he wants to say and how he wants to reassure her but the sight of her crumpling into herself hurts him.[break][break]

"oh, illie."[break][break]

what has grief and time done to her?[break][break]

his arms fold around her as he pulls her into him, holding her.[break][break]

"everything's okay now, i promise."[break][break]

[/newclass]