snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 5:08:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's not quite sure what draws her here.

perhaps it's the souls trapped within. screaming from invisible crypts, begging for freedom she cannot give.

and maybe it's nothing more than a foolish little thought still nourished and alive in the back of the mind. of him, of his existence being held in a single moment of time, in a single confine of space.

it's a bad idea, she muses.

she does it anyway.

and when she steps through the rift, mist greets her like an old friend. it's not pearly pink or familiar in the way hers (or 's) is but it calms the mind in an odd sort of way.

it's soft when she calls, voice just barely alive above a whisper.

"are you here?"

is she wrong? she hopes, in the biggest betraying way, to be so wrong it'll deter her from coming back again and again until she ends up right.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 11:24:01 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

are you here?[break][break]

he hears her, hears the softness and care in her voice he had grown to love and appreciate, and it's almost too easy to gravitate toward her voice. through the thickening mist that plagues the land of lost souls, he moves, urgency showing despite the casual pace he's stuck walking.[break][break]

but what greets illeana is not alexander. at least not yet.[break][break]

the ground trembles, mist parting ever so slightly as what is unmistakably a GARGANTUAN GOLURK appears. it leaves a trail of blood behind it, red still dripping off the spiked shield on its back where other spirits have been impaled.[break][break]

it doesn't register illeana as nothing more than a spirit. so, it stops, turns, and starts walking toward her.[break][break]

26 encounter/engage with a gargantuan golurk with a bloody spiked shield on its back. when it finds lost spirits, it grabs them to impale on its spike, cleaning the border of stubborn souls.
[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 16:32:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]there's no answer.

and she hates the way her face falls at the realization. despises it, even.

whatever small hope she had been sheltering is dissipating with each ebb and flow of mist swirls.

she doesn't bother to ask again.

the ground begins to tremble. she stumbles forward with the unsteady force. and it's familiar in the same way it's not.

a gargantuan golurk parts through the mist as it rumbles its way forward. the stench of blood is unmistakable, pungent and heavy with iron. her nose wrinkles as a gag follows, as if choking on the smell.

and when it sees her, it stills. mechanisms cease for a moment. they pick up again as it shifts, turning toward her. the ground rumbles more when it begins to walk toward her. she stares, eyes wide.

"what is that?"

she whispers to no one in particular. herself, perhaps.

a hand fumbles for her belt, for a pokeball... as if she knows she's not getting out of here without a fight. her own golurk rises next to her in a flash. with the comparison of size now in front of her, she begins to pale.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 16:57:59 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

the trembling is what draws his attention as well. he's come to be familiar with the GARGANTUAN GOLURK, usually avoiding it the best he can given what it does to spirits. he can think of nothing worse than to be stuck on the end of one of its spikes for eternity upon eternity.[break][break]

the golurk isn't avoided this time. he seeks it out, realizing that it's heading in the same direction as her voice. instinctively, his hand drops where his pokeballs would usually be on his belt only to find nothing but empty spaces. voids of what once was.[break][break]

he will simply have to adapt.[break][break]

meanwhile, the appearance of illeana's golurk has drawn the attention of the much larger one. it turns, hollow steel body groaning before it sends a SHADOW BALL flying straight at them.

[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 17:29:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]there's little time for her or her golurk to formulate a plan.

the giant golurk with -- blood, the source of the blood -- spikes protruding from its back takes immediate notice of her own automaton. she shrinks, taking a few steps back.

and when the shadow ball comes, she gasps.

"fuck."

quick thinking. she needs quick fucking thinking right now.

"phantom force."

her golurk disappears into the stretches of shadows at their feet before the shadow ball can collide with them. and once her golurk is gone, she lunges out of the way. the ghastly orb barely misses her.

and yet, her golurk doesn't reappear by the massive automaton. no, it stays close to her, dragging itself out of shadows to stand in front of her as a makeshift shield.

she's in over her head.

it's too obvious now: this was a terrible idea.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 17:42:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

his feet drag underneath them excruciatingly slow as though the weight of worlds rested on his shoulders. they hold him back, tether him to this realm as the mist tempts him to get lost in it.[break][break]

"—!"[break][break]

the sight of the SHADOW BALL snaps him right out of it. suddenly, his feet feel lighter as he runs through the mist, parting it before skidding to a halt close to the GARGANTUAN GOLURK.[break][break]

his form is ethereal, almost tangible.[break][break]

"illie—run!"[break][break]

the golurk turns again, this time facing him.

[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 17:54:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it’s funny, in hindsight, how two words can reduce her to tears.

well, she doesn’t believe it’s the words. no, it’s the voice… like something out of a dream — or a nightmare.

she’s faintly aware of tears streaking her cheeks. even less aware of how he still seems translucent. barely there.

”alex.”

the giant automaton turns toward him, then, and she moves on autopilot.

her mind screams to move faster, to get to him, to save him in the way she should have during the war.

her golurk is quicker. her automaton slips into the shadows and appears beside alex. with a soft, wistful sort of coo, her golurk intervenes to strike thr giant golurk away from alex with the ending of phantom force. it gives illeana enough time to reach him, to claw at his arm in an attempt to drag him away.

she only barely registers how her hands don’t quite slip through.

”we have to go. now!

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 4:45:00 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

is this it, then? his final demise?[break][break]

his arm raises to defend himself but what good what that do against the golurk's HAMMER ARM? nothing. it is but a feeble attempt from a man that should be dead but for whatever reason finds himself drifting across the border.[break][break]

the HAMMER ARM never connects. at least not against him. tearing his gaze away from illeana, he looks up at her familiar golurk, suddenly thankful for its presence. and then he's grabbed by his arm and dragged away.[break][break]

he does not phase through this time; something he does not realize yet either.[break][break]

"this way!"[break][break]

wasting no time, his arm twists until his hand finds hers, and with a tug, he leads them away from the fight and toward one of the SPIRITUAL BRIDGES.[break][break]

31 encounter spiritual bridges that are slowly breaking apart, as if they are being stretched...

[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 4:55:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's missed this, his hand in hers, in ways she can't even fully comprehend.

and when he tugs her along, she follows blindly. the tether between them doesn't register as real. she's certain this has to be a dream... or her own version of her afterlife. perhaps in the end, the gargantuan golurk had speared her with a spike and she's now stuck within the borders.

her own automaton abandons their assailant in favor of following its trainer. it slips into shadows and stretches the distance until it is safely tucked within her own.

spiritual bridges come into view and her movements slow, as if she's going to drag him back. she looks panicked, anxious, a shell of her old self.

"can we get out this way?"

is this even the way she had come in? it's hard to tell within the mist.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 5:55:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

stepping onto one of the spiritual bridges causes it to shake, its foundation likely unstable under the added weight. he pulls his foot back and reassesses.[break][break]

"i—"[break][break]

he looks around, unable to see much beyond the mist.[break][break]

"i don't know."[break][break]

it pains him to admit it but here, he cannot be her anchor. they are both vulnerable.[break][break]

"which way did you come in from?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 5:58:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i don't know."

it sounds small, easy to swallow up should the mist want to taste her voice.

she doesn't know left from right, up from down in here. it's foreign in a way she detests.

a soft sigh escapes.

"best guess would be back the way we came..."

where the giant golurk is waiting. she can still taste the blood caked onto it, heavy on her tongue.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 7:36:00 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"you may be right."[break][break]

if only he had his pokemon. if only he had power.[break][break]

he breathes a sigh, frustration managing to leak through despite his best efforts. he placates them by turning to look at her. they are soon replaced, overpowered by both love and guilt.[break][break]

"why are you here, illie?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 7:40:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]there is only one way to find out if she is, in fact, correct...

for now, he turns toward her and she allows herself to simply stare. he looks different. not in the way death should, perhaps, but a familiar gut-wrenching sort of way.

and perhaps she looks different to him too.

"i --"

there's no use in lying.

"i was looking for you."

to see him again. to know he's still in some form of existence.

and now that she has, the wound he left behind has opened and it'll bleed her dry.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 7:57:49 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

you shouldn't have come, is what he wants to say in response. to come looking for him, a spirit at best in a world so unknown and dangerous is reckless. foolish, even. but relief hits him like a tidal wave.[break][break]

perhaps a part of him had been worried she had moved on. he would not have blamed her. in fact, it would be slightly concerning if she hadn't. it's for that reason that he returns a faint smile marred only by the situation they find themselves in.[break][break]

"well, you've found me."[break][break]

he squeezes her hand.[break][break]

"what's left of me, anyway."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the great war
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 8:21:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes a small, barely there smile. it reeks of sadness and guilt and a sweetness associated with adoration. it feels wrong, now, to have the latter come rushing back in without warning.

and because she’s moved on in a more recent sense, it hurts.

”i have.”

there’s a stronger sense of longing. she knows, deep down, she’ll have to leave him here. he is no longer of her world…

but his hand squeezing hers feels so real and tangible and she’s holding onto him for dear life.

”you’re still you.”

still the man she had loved. still whole and not the torn up corpse somewhere in hoenn’s soil. fresh tears rise and fall with just that thought.

”i — i didn’t know if you had passed on before i came here.”