TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 12:43:20 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

A deep breath fills Katherine's lungs with air before the doors to 's chamber open. She initially thought that she'd, at the very least, feel a bit nervous about stepping in here to challenge the Emergent, but the Malevolent felt at ease.
[break][break]
Maybe she'd have felt different if they didn't know each other. Perhaps it was because both of them were already on the same page. Whatever it was, this wasn't bad. In fact, Katherine found herself actually looking forward to it. If nothing else, this should be fun.
[break][break]
"Don't worry, Lopez, I'm not here for your job. You won't get to retire anytime soon," Kyle must know that already. Katherine would never make his life that easy. "But I figured that if the league has a new fancy title for 'special' trainers, I might as well get it myself."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,461 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 2:50:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the gaming console was set aside as the doors to his chamber open. there's only amicability in his expression as he faces the person challenging him for a title.

was katherine the best replacement for the job? probably not. he probably wouldn't mind it though, given other options.

"you had a chance of winning it too," kyle retorts as he sits in his throne, "my style's pretty passive after all."

kyle stands up and stretches.

"do you really need me to greet you the traditional way though? we could've just walked here together instead of you waiting until i get here."

he takes out his phone, double checks his party through the pokedex app, before turning back to katherine.

"four versus four doubles. i think that's fine for this test."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 4:42:58 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Maybe," the possibility isn't considered for long, "but I don't think I'd enjoy the responsibility," Katherine admits, knowing that the reigning champion wasn't all too obsessed about it either. "I'd look better on that throne though, for sure."
[break][break]
Her shoulders roll backwards into a shrug at his question, which she dismisses simply by saying, "I don't know, I figured this is the only chance I'll get to experience this the proper way. Might as well, you know?"
[break][break]
"Doubles?" It does get her to halt for a moment, briefly considering if any changes needed to be made to her party, "Sure, that sounds fine. It's been a while since I fought one of those."
[break][break]
The Pokemon that emerge on the field are none other than her Nihilego and Sableye. The former does so in an elegant, eerie twirl and the latter with a mischievous smirk.

[break][break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,461 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 7:13:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he had already chosen his pokemon before the ones on the opposing side had materialized. out of the two, it's the sableye that catches his attention more.

"ah. i forgot you love that 'mon."

it's only a problem if it mega evolves, kyle thinks. it's something he can only shrug about. this is nothing but an exhibition match at this point anyways, though it doesn't mean he's going to make it easy.

"you can have the first move then. i'm surprised you stuck with singles. they generally last longer, right?"

given her challengers, he'd think she'd want to get it over with. it's hard to imagine the likes of or to get along well with her.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 20:42:45 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"What, you don't think it's cute?"
[break][break]
If asked, Katherine would proclaim that Sableye was the quintessential Hoenn Pokemon. That it should be awarded the title of the national Pokemon or something of the sort. Alas, most people lacked taste. They'd probably think that Poochyena deserves it.
[break][break]
"Mm. Yeah, I suppose they do," but Katherine was rarely challenged as is. Most people preferred to save her for last. "There's more room to make mistakes in them though, and since we aren't supposed to make things easy for people..."
[break][break]
It makes more sense now, doesn't it?
[break][break]
Her Pokemon's instructions are brief and rather uninspired when they finally come, "Target the mushroom. WILL O WISP, then the rest is up to you, Nihilego."
[break][break]
Ghastly, blue-ish flames are conjured by the ghost, aided by its PRANKSTER nature as they're sent flying to their target. The Ultra Beast follows up with a HEX, seeking the Amoonguss as well.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,461 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 17:38:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
flames reach the immobile grass-type, though its attacks weren't as slow as it was. an exchange was made by the amoonguss and the ultra beast as toxic flies at the same time as its attack did.

the mightyena, unchecked by both pokemon on the opposing side, takes the opportunity to throw a mud slap on the pheromosa as it throws its move at the amoonguss.

"i guess i see your point. consequence of making it easy for them are also..."

he ends with a shrug, not opting to finish his sentence.

pride runs deep on all of hoenn's elite four. kyle can only wish he had some of it, just so he can say something cool when it's needed. it does kill the vibe when he says something uncharacteristic of him, after all, and often times he finds himself wanting to.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 9:43:14 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The TOXIC merely slides off the Jellyfish’s epidermis, seemingly failing to afflict the Ultra Beast with the intended effect. Then again, it’s hard to tell when something affects the Pokemon in general due to its lack of facial features.
[Break][break]
However, it appears that that MUD SLAP achieves better results. The Nihilego not only sustains damage from the attack, but it even obscures its vision somewhat.
[break][break]
"Non-existent. Yeah, I know, but still."
[break][break]
A snap of her fingers directs her Pokemon to repeat their last moves. This time, the WILL O WISP is aimed at the Mightyena—but the HEX remains on its first target, the mushroom.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,461 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 2:41:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
ghostly embers singe the tips of the mightyena's fur, triggering panic in its system as he now dances the field with quick feet.

the amoonguss tries to block the move with its appendages as a shield. the wounds sting more than it should as it turns its attention to the source of the burns. giga drain attempts to siphon back energy from its target as the mightyena makes its move.

it turns on its back and starts pawing on the ground in a digging motion. blobs of mud slap were thrown behind him towards the nihilego, making use of its quick feet's motion.

"can you imagine any of them taking my place, though?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 3:11:07 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine should have anticipated the QUICK FEET but hasn't even considered them until now. Nonetheless, with the BURN active, she's not all too upset about the Mightyena's speed boost.
[break][break]
The sight of further MUD SLAPS raises some concerns. At this point, she can barely count on the Ultra Beast's accuracy, meaning they must adopt a different method, "Dazzling gleam and icy wind, please," the coverage means that it's more likely to hit, she figures.
[break][break]
Not to mention that slowing down the dog couldn't hurt.
[break][break]
Katherine observes as some of Sableye's health is absorbed by a GIGA DRAIN, studying the mushroom intently. "If you're asking if I think they can beat you in a battle, then no, I don't. I don't think they're fit for the position either."
[break][break]
But..?
[break][break]
"But who knows, maybe you'd prefer to hand them your responsibilities. Can you imagine me trying to work under or
?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,461 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 2:54:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i actually can," he answers with a chuckle.

both of her pokemon start flooding the field with their spread moves. icy wind eases the pain from their burns, but it wasn't outright make it painless.

"target the sableye," he nonchalantly commands his pokemon in the middle of their chat. "play rough. giga drain."

previous injuries make it difficult for the amoonguss to make any big physical movement as it stands there, taking the brunt of the attacks. it keeps on giga draining the sableye, but the damage output was just too much for its recovery.

the sableye's move doesn't slow down the mightyena's quick feet. with the nihilego's lower perception, it manages to loop around. the burst of speed manages to get it behind the sableye from behind the nihilego as it spreads cold air in the field. play rough happens as the canine tackles the gremlin to the ground.

"now that i think about it, i feel like it would be fun. it would be a good sitcom show with a lot of headstrong figures and arbiters that can only handle conflict by throwing down threats."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 22:55:15 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Then you have a healthier imagination than I thought you do, Lopez." Which says a lot, considering his (alleged) avid interest in video games.
[break][break]
The Champion's orders almost draw a smile upon Katherine's lips, stopping only out of the fear he might pick up on her enthusiasm. If there was anyone she could trust to adapt quickly to her reactions, then it was him. Her expression maintains its neutrality and blankness, a tight poker face.
[break][break]
"Steady."
[break][break]
The GIGA DRAIN is allowed to strike unimpeded just as the PLAY ROUGH commences, but only when the Sableye is tackled does it glow with an ethereal, silver light. Its METAL BURST glimmers against the Mightyena, threatening to strike the feline for the damage it has endured.
[break][break]
The Nihilego does not seek to change its strategy. Another ICY WIND billows from its direction, threatening to strike both of its foes.
[break][break]
"Hrmm? Since when do I throw down threats? I always thought I talk less and do more..." She feigns offence with her voice as easily as she suppresses another smile.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,461 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 3:53:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you really need to learn to read the mood," he tells the elite four. "stating facts are considered as fighting words for people who are too idealistic for this world, you know?"

the exchange of blows eventually comes to an end.

kyle's flareon stands against the opposition as his last pokemon standing, eyeing katherine's pokemon with ferocity. it's on its last legs after all, and this was going to be kyle's last move.

"flare blitz!"

covering itself in a ball of flame, it throws itself at the pokemon on the other side of the field. the recoil would eventually take it, and so does the katherine with the results of the test.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 18:53:02 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine's Cofagrigus continued to snore, its skin shimmering with the brilliance of terastallization. Having morphed into a normal type, it has resigned itself into a RESTING STATE, in which it could only fulfil a simple SLEEP TALK.
[break][break]
Again and again. It occasionally awoke only to heal itself by succumbing to another nap.
[break][break]
The FLARE BLITZ doesn't awaken it. Instead, spectral arms slip from the cracks in the sarcophagus only to deliver a final PAYBACK. Katherine's win is not earned but cheesed. Kyle could easily recognize that.
[break][break]
"Well, that was anticlimactic."
[break][break]
Not that the champion was to blame, but still.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,461 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 2:54:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"the important thing is that it's done!"

kyle doesn't seem phased. he seems relieved, even.

"we got all of that in recording too," he looks at a camera situated at the corner of the room, though there were rotom drones to capture different angles anyways. "the last thing i need to do now is the paperwork, then we're good."

he pauses.

"though i don't know why you had to do this. you could have always just asked the commissioner for an exemption."

this was extra work in itself. although he's tried his best not to make it obvious, he had rushed everything just to get it over with. against a member of the elite four, and the ability to cut off audio from the evidence, at least it wouldn't look as bad as it should be.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
leon & cynthia [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 22:25:57 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"I suppose so."
[break][break]
A part of her expected something more. A more content feeling, a bit of a rush, some sort of wave of relief... Alas, none graced her path. She imagined Kyle felt the same, like their battle meant nothing and they had just skipped a cutscene so irrelevant to the main story that the developers could have never written it and nothing would have changed.
[break][break]
"What, isn't it obvious?"
[break][break]
A veil of feigned shock falls over her face, mimicking the notion that the writing on the wall was blatantly obvious that Kyle must have been blind for missing it, "I wanted to be your first. Duh."
[break][break]
Sexual innuendos aside, "Oh, erm, also because I'll be announcing that I'm running for office soon. I figured it'd be nice to get this out of the way while I still can."

[break][break]