twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 8:10:00 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

there is a sense of urgency in the way he approaches the house; an urgency to be expected from someone who had spent the last few years drifting in oblivion. he has much to make up for, though more importantly, he has foundations to rebuild.[break][break]

relationships to mend.[break][break]

he rings the doorbell and waits with his heart in his throat as the last time he had seen was under far dire circumstances.[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 8:28:39 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The bell rings across the living room, almost startling Katherine. She didn't order any food, which was the main reason the doorbell in this house was ever used, and Fernando wouldn't ring it either-- he wasn't the type to lose his keys, after all.
[break][break]
She makes her way over before swinging the door open, revealing an almost unrecognizable in the flesh standing at her doorstep. Although he looked different at first glance, it was the same Alexander she remembered meeting and reading about. The one whose death was mourned by the entire region.
[break][break]
Scarlet eyes narrow slightly, but she otherwise remains calm, "You're not dead," she says flatly, almost as though unsurprised. To be fair, it would take more than this to shock someone who's been living in Hoenn for as long as the Malevolent has.
[break][break]
Katherine steps aside and gestures towards the door with a hand, "Fernando isn't here if you're looking for him," she makes sure to let him know first, "but you're welcome to come inside." She nods towards the living room, then turns back and heads there herself.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 10:23:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

when the door swings open, it takes him a moment to put a name to a face. he's distracted for a moment by her indifference to his presence, not that he's expecting much of a reaction to begin with, but he quickly moves past it.[break][break]

"oh. katherine."[break][break]

mauville's ex-gym leader. does he have the wrong house, then?[break][break]

"certainly. thank you."[break][break]

he accepts her invitation and steps in, closing the door behind him before heading into the living room. he spares a glance around at the interior, taking it in more so for curiosity's sake.[break][break]

"how are you, katherine? i had no idea you lived with fernando."[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 12:07:14 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Their apartment is exactly what one would expect from , not Katherine. She didn't care for the décor, nor did she ever ask for something to be changed or added. It was modern and simplistic but not to the degree that would raise suspicion.
[break][break]
Katherine takes a quick detour to the kitchen to retrieve a pair of tall glasses and a pitcher of unsweetened iced tea from the fridge, placing them on the coffee table before she claims a seat on one of the leather couches. Her legs swing up until they cross one another, and only then do her eyes meet Alex's once more.
[break][break]
Judging by her outfit, she wasn't expecting any guests. Her hair is tied back into a ponytail with a white hair tie that matches her crop top-- or rather, her excuse for a crop top. Ever since she moved in with Fernando, she'd made it her mission to wear the most skimpy clothes around the house. Fernando insisted on not making a move, still, and Katherine insisted on trying to make it harder for him, still.
[break][break]
Nevertheless, she appears comfortable even in 's presence.
[break][break]
"I'm doing well, and it's still rather new," not to mention, it was nothing to gush about when talking to a formerly dead man, "you haven't missed much, really," what a poor choice of words. "Erm... Let's pretend I didn't say that."
[break][break]
"How are you, Alexander? You'll have to forgive me for being blunt, but you know I have to ask. You did die, right? It wasn't a mistake?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 18:00:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

after brief observation, he comes to the unsurprising conclusion that the councilman lacks good taste. the décor is nothing to write home about. in fact, it is rather nondescript. boring, as some may say.[break][break]

as he settles on a seat on one of the leather couches, he meets her gaze, holding it despite her choice of skimpy clothing.[break][break]

"well, i am much better than i was a couple of days ago, i have to admit."[break][break]

he chuckles, then nods.[break][break]

"i did, along with countless others at the battle of lilycove. i believe you were at mauville?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 9:16:58 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Uh-huh. The details are a bit foggy these days," the lie parts through her lips easily. She remembered the day vividly-- it's hard to imagine she'd ever forget the day she first met Giratina. "but yes, Mauville. I was still the city's gym leader at the time." A convenient excuse as to why she was there, all in all.
[break][break]
"But I'll spare you the story, it wasn't very interesting. We survived, the Megalopolans lost, the end," she's quick to skip over the finer details, "How are you alive?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 10:02:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

the megalopolans lost.[break][break]

hoenn's victory is his own even if it came at the cost of his own life. hearing affirmation of such is soothing in a way. makes it feel as though it had all been worth it.[break][break]

"i suppose the easiest way to explain it is that my soul never moved on to whatever exists beyond the afterlife. if such a place even exists, that is."[break][break]

perhaps they are all doomed to float in oblivion for eternity.[break][break]

"i remained tethered, and only recently did i find myself roaming the border. there, found me."[break][break]

katherine could assume the rest.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 10:11:14 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Illie found you?"
[break][break]
"She's full of surprises, isn't she?" Vindication has never tasted this sweet before. In her mind, Katherine sees this as absolute proof of the fact that she was right and Fernando was wrong about the head scientist.
[break][break]
"It sounds a bit spooky," she says and a heartbeat later, she clarifies, "Remaining tethered, that is. Do you know why you haven't moved on, or is it just some grand purpose you've yet to fulfil?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
easier than lying
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 15:10:07 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"at first i thought it was because of tapu fini."[break][break]

and , by extension, but he is careful with his choice of words, curious to find out the extent to katherine's relationship with the councilman. living together is no small feat, after all.[break][break]

"but now i'm not too certain. there are other spirits that haunt the border. some good and pure, some indifferent, and some truly malicious."[break][break]

to think that his return serves a bigger purpose would be a little pandering. self-centered, even. but if there is ever a purpose for him it would be to continue fighting for hoenn and its people.[break][break]

"have you not been yet?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
easier than lying
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 2:32:29 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Ah."
[break][break]
Katherine puts effort into hiding her emotions behind a calm, neutral exterior. Her features don't disclose whatever grief or disappointment that Tapu Fini's name could surface. Not here-- not to Alexander-- not now.
[break][break]
"I haven't had the pleasure, no," the Malevolent would be lying if she said that she didn't have a reason or two to avoid that specific rift. Running into spirits who have yet to move on wasn't as appealing to her as it was to others.
[break][break]
"I also dunno if I'll get the chance to, but you know," her shoulders roll back in a shrug, "it's too soon to tell, anyways."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
easier than lying
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 15:40:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"why would you not get the chance to?"[break][break]

his question comes off as more curious than anything else. not invasive, at the very least.[break][break]

"from what i've been able to garner, it seems the rifts will remain open and accessible for a while."[break][break]

in his limited time back to the land of the living, he has made sure to familiarize himself hoenn's current situation and what plagues them.[break][break]

"i was going to suggest venturing there together. eventually, anyways."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
easier than lying
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 0:59:19 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

She let it slip intentionally.
[break][break]
Whether it's because she's nice enough to share this with Alexander or simply because she wants to leave him guessing is left to be decided, though. "For a while," she repeats with a bit more confidence to her words, "but not too long, I believe. There's a very good chance they'll disappear without warning."
[break][break]
A blink and a heartbeat later, she leans back in her seat and examines Alexander once more, a streak of debauchery flashing in her eyes, "Mm. Tempting, but I doubt that you'd need me with you, ex-champion stone."
[break][break]
Need.
[break][break]
He could very well still want, though, couldn't he?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
easier than lying
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 11:10:25 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

there is rarely ever a need for anything, he thinks, though does not voice as much. instead, he lets a flicker of a grin light across his face, accompanied by a chuckle as he holds her gaze.[break][break]

"likely not, but the invitation still stands."[break][break]

the want now stems from a few things but none more prevalent than her elusive dynamic with .[break][break]

"it can't hurt to have one of hoenn's elite fours by my side, wouldn't you agree?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
easier than lying
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 15:12:34 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Her eyes refuse to avert from his.
[break][break]
The intensity of the Malevolent's gaze proves ferocious in a subtle yet impossible-to-overlook fashion. It's shown in the slight narrowing that her stare maintains, the almost concerning period of time between each blink, and their continued resistance against wandering and shifting.
[break][break]
Just when it looks like they might betray Katherine, where they finally lower slightly and almost peel away from Alexander, where her eyes threaten to explore and examine him thoroughly as though clothes didn't stand in the way of it, they revert to form. Fixed, still narrowed, holding a curious-yet-interested stare.
[break][break]
The "Erm..." almost justifies how long it takes her to respond to his offer, "Sure, I agree. I'm sure that someone with your capabilities can keep me entertained and make it worth my while."
[break][break]
It's bad. Honestly, it's quite dreadful. Beyond the physical attraction she feels towards Alexander, it's his connection to and previous relationship with that entices and tempts her. But to her credit, at least she's shameless about it.
[break][break]
She's never been one to allow morals to hold her back from pursuing a new desire or indulging in something that excites her.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
easier than lying
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 16:16:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

it is dreadful, yes, but it is also katherine's connection to that makes up part of her allure. he is not nearly as shameless, however, as there is no stray in his gaze. no momentary gleam that might tempt him.[break][break]

he wears a well-crafted mask that has been shaped and perfected through the years.[break][break]

"i suppose we'll find out soon enough."[break][break]

though his heart still yearns for another, foolishly so, he cannot deny the thrill of it. he remains wary of it, choosing to teeter instead of crossing just yet.[break][break]

"do you know when fernando will be back?"[break][break]

[/newclass]