lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,523 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 23:55:35 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“We’re really in it now, Pops,” he mutters, eyes flicking upward before settling on the split in the path. Nested in the mop of his green hair per usual, the pidove stretches her wings out and chirps. The image she cuts is more cute, less intelligible.[break][break]

If this were some old comedic movie, this would be the moment the record scratch cut in, his own voice narrating the paused scene before rewinding it back to lead up to the present. I’ll bet you’re wondering how I wound up in this situation?[break][break]

Of course, this isn’t a movie and Lam knows how he managed to get himself turned around–off the beaten path of the route. All for the sake of training up Poppy for an upcoming tournament. His others were a little more accustomed to battle, so this was all about getting her used to her new moveset, eclectic as it is. It likely has everything to do with the joint that dangles lazily between his knuckles.[break][break]

Maybe he should’ve done this earlier in the day, though.[break][break]

Despite his murmur to the pidove, though, Lam isn’t all too fussed about the slowly dipping sun or his inability to get back on the proper path just yet. As evidenced in the way he takes a hit, then exhales it in a slow, silvery plume. He’ll find his way out of the foliage sooner or later. A mingling of lazy indifference and amusement has long settled in his bones.[break][break]

Though even that doesn’t stop the startled sound that slips loose when he rounds a bend and nearly collides with someone’s back. The sound melds and warps into a dumb laugh at the fringes–surprise easily caving in on itself as his feet clumsily stutter back a few paces in the grass. “Oh, sorry. Thought I was the only one out here–caught me off guard.”

[break][break]

// hehe

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 15:29:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

"oh! no worries. we must have been in your way."[break][break]

they likely were considering how he's just standing around waiting for his poochyena to finish its business in the grass. it leaps out soon enough, then barks the moment it sees a stranger.[break][break]

"india, sit."[break][break]

the poochyena walks up and starts sniffing at lam's shoes.[break][break]

"apologies! he never listens."[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,523 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 16:24:03 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Lam shakes his head. “Nahhh, it’s all good. I’m just wandering.”[break][break]

He waves a hand dismissively, though he’s quickly distracted by the sudden barking of the stranger’s pokemon. It startles the pidove more than him— Poppy flutters up into the air with a startled squawk before eventually begrudgingly returning to his shoulder.[break][break]

Instantly entertained, he crouches down toward the curious poochyena. His free hand extends in offering before he scratches behind its ears. “You’re a cutie, huh?”[break][break]

Until then, he’s still not had all too good of a look at the other’s face, but Lam grins up at him all the same. “It’s cool! I have a shinx that’s a lot the same.”

[break][break]

// hehe

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 18:07:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

fondness emanates in the way he looks down at his poochyena, its tail wagging from side to side as it accepts all the scratches the stranger offers. it must have been especially difficult for his pokemon when he was away. nothing could make up for it, he imagines.[break][break]

but this is a start.[break][break]

"he really is."[break][break]

as his gaze drifts up to regard the stranger, it's only then that their features catch his attention for a particular reason. the similarities stand out, not to the level where it's like looking through a mirror, but enough to raise certain flags.[break][break]

feigning a smile that comes too easily, he introduces himself.[break][break]

"i'm alexander."[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,523 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 23:52:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]His attention on the poochyena falters when they managed to make eye contact.[break][break]

The similarity isn’t exact, far from identical. White hair, faded eyes…old?? But it’s still enough to cause a double-take. “Whaaaaaat the…”[break][break]

It’s a bit strange–even the smile that twists at the corners of his mouth feels familiar. The same sort he does, even if he doesn’t necessarily feel like smiling. It’s almost like deja vu when his expression begins to echo the other’s before another loose chuckle breaks his internalized tension. “Uhh..Lam.”[break][break]

It’s bizarre.[break][break]

Unfortunately for Alexander, Lam isn’t nearly as subtle in his bafflement. Maybe he’s imagining it? He rubs his eyes, then blinks before standing. Nothing changes.[break][break]

He glances down at the rolled paper still nestled between his knuckles. Then back up with a slow-spreading, lopsided grin– graceless enough to immediately address the elephant in the room. “Shit’s weird, man.”

[break][break]

// hehe

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 15:40:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

when their gazes meet, he stares, taking in the minute details of how their expression mirrors his own. how their smile shapes, how their eyes widen. it's uncanny, really, and it's slightly off-putting.[break][break]

still, he chuckles.[break][break]

"ha! yes, it is."[break][break]

his poochyena has yet to stop asking for scratches.[break][break]

"it might explain why india's so fond of you."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,523 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 1:13:51 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]The foggy part of his mind that’s currently prone to abstract thought wonders if he starts to make hand movements, the other will reflect them back. Like weird, mirror mr. mime stuff.[break][break]

He laughs, the thought flutters away. That would be ridiculous.

“I’m blaming it on this place.” ‘This place’ being Hoenn in and of itself. The most anomaly-laden environment he’s ever encountered.[break][break]

What else could it be, after all?[break][break]

“Nawww..you got me confused?” Lam puppy-talks the poochyena, happy to continue giving him pets.[break][break]

A sudden thought comes to him again, though, and he looks up eyes wide as his hand lifts in a vow. “Oh. I’m not like an AI or something, though. Swear it. No uncanny valley, iRobot shit here.”[break][break]

Caught up in his half-baked logic, Lam remains totally unaware of a sudden crackle of static beginning to percolate through the still air.

[break][break]

// hehe

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 15:49:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"i believe you."[break][break]

briefly, the idea that his body might have been found and experimented on to produce lam is entertained but it sounds too ridiculous even for a place like hoenn. he's not sure what happened to his body, actually. it's likely buried in rustboro.[break][break]

the sudden crackle of static is noticed by both alexander and his poochyena. they both look up and around, immediately ready for a battle.[break][break]

"do you hear that?"[break][break]

this time, the THUNDER is far louder. it shoots straight at them, barely missing by a mere inch.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,523 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 5:57:21 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Oh good. I’m not, like, a clone either.” A hand pillows under his chin in thought. “Unless they develop those in Alola.” Hmmm…food for thought.[break][break]

He’s pretty sure he came straight from the genetic pipeline of his parents, though. As far as he can recall.[break][break]

“That a dye job, though?” His hand ruffles through his own hair in indication. Please don’t let him go gray prematurely… he’s too young to have to work the silver fox look. [break][break]

His own reaction is delayed— “Here what?” The crackle of thunder sends him rolling to the side, his pidove trilling as she twists into the air.[break][break]

“Oh.”[break][break]

But what direction is it coming from?

[break][break]

// hehe

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 16:06:57 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"this? unfortunately not. i used to have hair like yours, actually."[break][break]

green and lush and full have since turned into sleek gray, bordering white. he does not mind it now but it took him a while to adjust.[break][break]

they will have to discuss this some other time as another THUNDER cuts through them. this time, he sees the direction it zaps from.[break][break]

his hand slaps a pokeball on his belt and from it comes his serperior. the grass-type's LEAF STORM whips through the area, strong enough to carry a stray RAICHU up into the air.[break][break]

the source of the THUNDER.[break][break]

why does it look so big, though?[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,523 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 0:12:36 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
His hand pats at his own hair again when Alexander says that his was once the same. "Weird..." Before he can question about it prematurely graying (because okay, he doesn't look that much older than Lam,) there another electrical attack.[break][break]

There's so much happening all at once. A lookalike, a big chungus of a raichu set on toasting them both.[break][break]

Speaking of toast, he's way too toasted for this... he'll do his best anyway. In the effort to stumble back without toppling over himself entirely, he drops his joint. This earns a whine, but the whole thing is slowly sobering him up the more pulses of THUNDER are fired off at them. So he'll live.[break][break]

"Help out, Pops!" What can a little sparkly pidove do against a great big raichu. Surely nothing, right?[break][break]

"Have you ever seen one so big?" he asks as it lands again after being blown back by the leaf storm. Poppy, much to the unexpected, doesn't use a pitiful GUST or PECK. Instead, when she trills, her beak opens and blasts a rippling HEAT WAVE at the overgrown rodent.

[break][break]

// hehe

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 8:55:22 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"no, i haven't."[break][break]

hoenn sure has changed a lot. the GARGANTUAN RAICHU is all the proof he needs. it even manages to use the LEAF STORM to propel it further up into the air which helps it avoid the HEAT WAVE.[break][break]

it barrels forward, twisting and turning like a trained gymnast before bringing its IRON TAIL down on the pidove.[break][break]

"we'll try to slow it down."[break][break]

serperior shoots out LEECH SEEDS that begin to sprout.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,523 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 17:32:15 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

A laugh of disbelief slips loose "Me either!"[break][break]

Somehow, it just feels par for the course. Another oddity to add to the list of things he's seen since moving to Hoenn. It's smart too. The IRON TAIL lands, smacking his pidove to the ground forcing her to let out a squeaky toy sort of sound. Though she flutters back up, he doesn't feel like taking the chance.[break][break]

"Got it!"[break][break]

Out comes his vibrava instead. It flits around with buzzing wings before unleashing a cloud of DRAGON BREATH in attempt to further stun it so that the serperior's LEECH SEED can take better hold.

[break][break]

// hehe

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 8:37:12 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

while he usually has no issues keeping his focus, the uncanniness of this random encounter has him glancing over every now and again at the man beside him. is he a distant relative, perhaps? that would explain it a bit better.[break][break]

the LEECH SEEDS and DRAGON BREATH are enough to hold the raichu back for the seeds to sprout. tendrils wrap around the raichu's ankles, chaining it to the ground.[break][break]

despite that, it does not stop waves of THUNDER from pulsing. wave after wave, they rush towards the uncanny pair, ready to swallow them whole.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,523 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
uncanny. [m]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 7:17:12 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Lam is equally as distracted by the oddity of it all, though he’s still waffling between the absurd chaos of the moment and the slowly dissipating haziness in his brain. As far as he’s aware, he doesn’t have relatives in Hoenn apart from his little brother. And Leif was from Alola too, obviously.[break][break]

So that potential isn’t even really on his radar.[break][break]

As far as he’s concerned, he just has an old man (lol) doppelgänger on his hands. Which is both bizarre and also sort of entertaining.[break][break]

The raichu is a major buzzkill, though. (Pun definitely intended.) Having to dodge away from several fired off rounds of THUNDER? An exercise in evasiveness that Lam did not once ask for.[break][break]

“On your right!” he calls as yet another crackle of electricity sails toward Alex. Flitting overhead, his vibrava surges downward, aiming a DRAGON PULSE at the only somewhat impaired raichu.

[break][break]

// hehe

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]