twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
The Coronation [O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 3:13:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he shakes his head. "no apologies necessary. this coronation was for you and our presence would have only been a distraction." he wonders if she would have acted differently had she known he was there in the crowd. it is a thought he leaves to ponder on at a later time.

the aurora beam shatters the stone wall into dust of sparkling ice. he cannot help but feel calmed by the sight of it.

"people find comfort in familiarity. it will take them time to adjust and accept; you need to give them patience as well." 

he catches her stare and holds his ground, unfazed by her question. he's prepared for it. his next words are careful and calculated.

"i will not lie to you, miss abbiati. you are not who i wanted to succeed nikolai." he watches her reaction carefully. "i believe there are people more capable and more deserving than you. that is not to say you are neither of those things, no, i am certain you are." 

he raises his head to meet her stare.

"but you need to show it to them. show them that you are the leader sootopolis needs and deserves. prove them wrong. prove me wrong."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
The Coronation [O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 4:02:29 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","tooksprites"]

[newclass=.tooksprites]opacity:.7;transition:all .4s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tooksprites:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[attr="class","humour"]

Olivia continued to pet Meara, a soft purr akin to the gentle sounds of a stream flowing. She listened to him speak, nodded hen necessary, and then looked him in the eyes. ”I have been proving myself to men and superiors for years, sir, but to do so here: in the birthplace of my family, I will not prove anything more than my name. I am Olivia of the Ancient Abbiati, Professor of Mythos, Guardian of the Lake and Sea, Queen of the Crown, and Leader of Sootopolis.” She said in a cool calm voice like a morning breeze on the beach.

“I know these people have not heard of my family in ages, but that does not displace our time and effort in keeping the city of safe. In keeping the seas safe. Now, an opportunity has arisen for the Abbiati and myself to show that we are risen once more and will protect my home with the seas and stone.” Olivia monologued, looking at her Vaporeon. “I wish for my people to be safe, the menace of Rocket our to a stop, and the Crown able to help when the League can’t step in.”

She offered him a kind smile, but her eyes were a storm of emotions: pride, doubt, hope. ”I will not let any stop from leading Sootpolis into a prosperous future; whether they are my supposed allies or enemies.” Olivia carefully, yet with the grace of one born into etiquette and wealth, lowered herself to Alexander’s level, eye to eye. She winced as her lame foot met the ground but did her best to fake it.

Olivia extended a gloved hand of silver to the man, in the manner that one would kiss a hand, and said, ”Perhaps another day we can meet, better circumstances, and discuss what we can do to better one another’s relations and goals; for we all are servants of the League.”

[googlefont=Open Sans:800]
[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
The Coronation [O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 4:25:11 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
her words are dangerous. "what remains when you strip those titles away?" he allows her to monologue but feels the need to interject once she's done. his eyes narrow ever so slightly. "if you truly wish for your people to be safe then you should know that you cannot do this alone. your current stance isolates yourself and it makes you vulnerable. you need friends. allies. you need to prove yourself outside of these walls." 

he would know best.

"titles are worthless to a region who does not remember." 

if no compromise can be made then perhaps it is best for the league to leave sootopolis alone. the thought rings through his head as he watches her approach.

"i would advice you to be careful. the only thing stopping you from leading sootopolis into a prosperous future might be you." 

willing to compromise, he takes her gloves hand in his and raises it. this is not his home. these are not his traditions. but he will respect them. he kisses her hand.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
The Coronation [O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 17:04:56 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","tooksprites"]

[newclass=.tooksprites]opacity:.7;transition:all .4s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tooksprites:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[attr="class","humour"]

Oh, yes, she would need allies. People to watch her back with her face out to the public, yes, others to help her when she falters, yes; but friends? Olivia had known those few and far, far between. Growing up solitary left little room for relationships in the sea battered heart of the Abbiati, and she saw no use in friends. No use in trusting those with no commitment other than 'trust'. Others may trust her, but her own trust must be eroded away like waves crashing on the beach.

Subordinates? Yes, those she had in growing numbers as she expanded upon not only the Crown's roster but her Gym trainers as well. Allies? Well, that would imply a mutual understanding of one another's power. That the only thing keeping each other from fighting was a common thread or interest. In this case, it would be her fellow Leaguers. The Gym Leaders. The Council. The Professor. The Champion. He, who stood before her and spoke of the weariness of titles. Indeed, what would happen were his title forgotten?

It would matter not, for he had submitted. It was a small act. Minor, done in relative privacy as none were around, but it had been done. The Champion of Hoenn had taken her own hand in his and pressed his lips to it. From Kanto to Kalos, Hoenn to Sinnoh; no matter where one went the act meant the same thing: respect. Olivia allowed their hands to keep close for a few precious moments as she commented quietly, "Titles are eternal, Champion Stone; even those that are lost are remembered for who they once were, what they accomplished." She pulled her palm from his and took slow steps back towards the stairs of the stage. The pain in her ankle was getting increasingly uncomfortable and she needed to rest.

Olivia paused as she put a hand on the railing of the staircase, and added, "Sootopilis will earn its own titles in the annals of history, I assure you that." Her eyes were and always had been her weakness. Olivia's face may as well be sculpted from the pale stone of the city, but her eyes were ever changing like the tides of fate; and as she looked to Stone, they took on a blue midnight hue - beautiful, but it was like staring into the abyss. Dark, cold, and full of secrets.

[googlefont=Open Sans:800]
[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
The Coronation [O]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 3:42:54 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
her eyes give her away. dark and cold and full of secrets are met with his; bright and warm yet jarred by events of the past. he sees familiarity within hers and that worries him.

"untIl we meet again, miss abbiati."

he bows his head slightly to show his respects before turning and leaving. there is nothing left for him in sootopolis anymore: this is her city. he fears any help he offers will only be in vain. there is but one takeaway from her coronation and their brief interaction. he ponders on it because he needs to be absolutely certain his judgement is not marred.

as he makes his departure from the city, certainty hits him.

olivia abbiati cannot be trusted.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Coronation [O]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 22:52:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"]
alexander, olivia, & freya receive the following: 15 pokedollars, 3 infamy![break]
alexei, fernando, cait and fishel receive the following: 10 pokedollars, 1 infamy!