TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 12:06:32 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Between a trip to the Ultra Desert, a fitting for her new sygna suit and a planned date, Katherine's day was packed. There was little more she could fit into it without ruining her sleep schedule, but she refused to deprive herself of 's company.
[break][break]
Per the Malevolent's request, her assistant texted the former champion the address so he could pick her up as soon as it was over. She wore a perfectly-tailored sygna suit, heavily inspired by the features of her very own Mimikyu. The floppy ears would take some time to get used to, she figured, but all in all-- it felt good.
[break][break]
But she was running a bit late. It was taking longer than anticipated, and could be here any moment now, "Can you hurry up?

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 3:31:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

though usually punctual, this time, for katherine, he is early; that fact alone should speak to how he's been looking forward to spending the evening with her.[break][break]

when she's in the final stages of getting her suit adjusted, his voice cuts through the air, warm and melodic.[break][break]

"i suddenly feel very underdressed."[break][break]

regarding the others in the room with a nod, he approaches and places a kiss on her cheek in greeting.[break][break]

"you look beautiful."[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 4:09:49 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Where his voice is warm, sweet and melodic, hers is detached and distant, elegant yet cold; where Alexander could easily make someone feel at ease with him, she happens to watch their every move in judgement.
[break][break]
It's precisely why it feels off when her lips part and the sound that escapes them is ever so slightly warm and tender, "Alexander," she's almost hurt by his accusation, "no, never. You look amazing, and besides-- this is just a stupid combat suit."
[break][break]
Calling it stupid in front of its designer and tailor was a bit rude, but all the same, true.
[break][break]
"I'll be ready in a minute, alright? I just need to change quickly." It's a cue for her assistant to step in, now carrying a white garment bag. Violet offers the former champion a quick smile before leading Katherine to the changing room.
[break][break]
She returns wearing a black dress with a plunging neckline and a slit up the side. Her GRISEOUS SHARD necklace adds sparkle to the otherwise simplistic outfit, "Okay. I'm ready now."

[break][break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 4:43:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

while it is a stupid combat suit, there is something to be said to how she's able to pull it off so well. or maybe he's just biased.[break][break]

"okay."[break][break]

while waiting, he manages to strike up casual conversation with her designer. they talk about nothing in particular but they do dabble into the possibility of them designing his own sygna suit in the future.[break][break]

his attention isn't fully there, however, and the reason why soon returns, leaving him speechless.[break][break]

all he can do is smile, breath taken away, and offer her his arm before leading them to their date.[break][break]

the restaurant he picks sits on the roof of one of the tallest buildings in slateport. it's grand, popular (though it was not difficult for him to get reservations, oddly), and very public.[break][break]

paparazzi greet them on their way up but they soon find themselves at their table, isolated away from the rest of the patrons.[break][break]

"i wasn't expecting that."[break][break]

he says with a chuckle. even during his time as champion, he'd never been met with an audience of that size. they must be here for her.[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 21:11:26 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Each click is another headline secured. Each flash of light is another picture printed on a newspaper. Each time they scream his name or hers, Katherine's assurance solidifies. It was a good idea for them to do this. For her to go on such a public date with him. It draws the type of attention that the Malevolent craves and thrives in.
[break][break]
"Really? I figured they'd be following you for a while since... you came back," to life, she stops herself from adding.
[break][break]
"It isn't too bad, you know? You get used to them quickly. Don't—it isn't freaking you out, is it?" She sounds genuine; a part of her is. A glint of concern flashes in her eyes, and she searches for an answer in his.
[break][break]
It won't scare him away, will it?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 10:24:25 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

does he look freaked out? concern trickles into his mind as he shakes his head.[break][break]

"no, no. i just wasn't expecting them, that's all."[break][break]

the smile he offers her is genuine, looking to reassure both of them that this isn't a mistake.[break][break]

"i'm glad to be here with you tonight."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 12:33:30 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine was expecting them.
[break][break]
But what Alexander doesn't know can't hurt him. After all, she hasn't lied to him about them, which puts her in the clear, or at least, so she'd like to think, "Okay."
[break][break]
Her lips ease into a smile that matches his. "Me too. It's—" Was Katherine Fairburne really at a loss for words? That had to be new. Her eyes flee from Alexander when her lips part to finish the sentence, "I like spending time with you." How rare, how unfamiliar.
[break][break]
She's never been the dating type. In fact, there's a good chance that her last date took place before Alexander's death.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 16:24:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he never took her for the dating type either which is why her words surprise him. to have his sentiments echoed and reciprocated is a nice, warm feeling, and it's one he had thoroughly missed since his return.[break][break]

"good."[break][break]

because they'll be doing it more. or so he hopes. but this, he leaves unsaid.[break][break]

with wine now poured for them (his choice with her approval), he raises it to toast.[break][break]

"to spending more time together."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 11:28:41 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Clink.
[break][break]
Her glass meets his in a toast, her smile radiant and soft. They were long gone from the Ultra Desert, and yet, the warmth clung to her tightly. Her expression is painted with a light flush that couldn't be attributed to any wine or liquor. If she were intoxicated, then it was with him. "To spending more time together," she repeats before taking a sip, sealing her wish with a stamp of wine.
[break][break]
"You know," her digit lightly traces the edge of the boot of the glass, finding comfort in the motion, "the day you came to see Fernando, I thought you were-- I don't know. Not interested. Taken, maybe."
[break][break]
She breathes before asking, "Did something change or did I just read you wrong?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 10:40:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"hm?"[break][break]

he hums over the rim of the glass as he sips. he lowers it a moment later, expression unchanging even if something had changed between then and now. too much has changed, one could argue.[break][break]

while he has no problems sharing the truth, he's curious, and so he first asks,[break][break]

"what gave you that impression?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 15:19:31 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"You aren't denying it," so something has changed, Katherine thinks.
[break][break]
Although his response would normally elicit her ire and provoke her into ignoring his questions, she refrains from succumbing to such immature urges and instead takes the high road. "You were more reserved, I suppose. I mean—I know I couldn't have made it any more clear," the frustration she tastes on her lips is familiar.
[break][break]
and Stone were similar in more than one way.
[break][break]
"There's nothing wrong with it," but everything is, "I'm just curious. If there is someone else or something like that, I don't mind," they weren't mutually exclusive. This was technically their first date.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 4:52:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"no, you're right, you were very clear."[break][break]

he admits with a breath.[break][break]

"i was almost in a lucid state that day. it had only been a few hours since i returned from the border, still coming down from adrenaline and everything else, and all i wanted was to talk to fernando."[break][break]

in other words, he was distracted.[break][break]

"you were the last person i expected to see."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 22:22:58 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

To come back from the dead with the wish of seeing a councilman first and foremost... The more Alexander spoke, the less Katherine understood him. The mystery enshrouding the bond he shared with Fernando danced on the edges of her consciousness, bordering a mix of fascination and mild irritation.
[break][break]
"Well, okay," she eventually relents, "I can accept that."
[break][break]
It's a once-in-a-lifetime excuse, is all Katherine can think to herself. It's not like Alexander could die and come back from the dead a second time, right?
[break][break]
"We really don't have to talk about that, though," she won't apologize for bringing it up, but she will grace the former champion with the opportunity to change the subject. "or him, for what it's worth." What a subtle attempt at gauging where the two of them stand.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the waiting room [c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 5:19:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

whatever gripe he might have with is a secret known only to those involved, and while he usually has no issues sharing, on this particular matter, he does, but only because he doesn't know katherine yet. at least not to a comfortable level.[break][break]

but that might soon change.[break][break]

"no, we don't, but i am curious about one thing."[break][break]

more than one.[break][break]

"how did you end up living with him?"[break][break]

[/newclass]