Kyrenai Black
Say My Name
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 1:57:02 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","body"]

But the blood on my hands scares me to death...[break][break][break]

As you lay upon the ground, eyes fixated one the warped skies above, images flash before your eyes. The same scene, over and over and over again. You try to imagine it differently, but the outcome stays the same.[break][break][break]

-----
[break][break][break]

Two swordmasters facing off against a third. You see them like a spectator, from the sidelines, but you know you are one of them, even though your physical details are blurred. The woman with fiery red hair glances at you, weary, but her smile is genuine and makes your heart flutter. You know you can count on her the way she counts on you; together, nothing can stop you.[break][break]

The third swordman smiles, yet his eyes betray a sadness that strikes your core. He commands your respect in an overbearing sense, yet when he looks at you and your partner and speaks, all hope leaves your body. Your eyes search for the woman's piercing reds, and you see your own devastation reflected in hers. You try to reason, but the man shakes his head. Only one.[break][break]

The grip on your sword tightens, eyes downcast. There's no other way; you know this. Would you break tradition and admit weakness? There's no time to ponder the philosophy. Time is running out and you have to make a choice; you turn, to find the same distraught question in the tear-stained eyes of your partner. You smile softly, her sword inching further and further into your chest. "It's okay..." The sound of your voice surprises you. As you drop unto your knees, life slipping out of you, you reserve the right to think she'll make it.[break][break]

Her hands cup your face as you slip further into darkness, only faintly hearing the confession upon her lips. You attempt a reply, but your body denies your every command. You regret not having been honest about your feelings sooner. Now, she'll never know.
[break][break][break]
-----
[break][break][break]
The Wilds have brought you back. You remember ever so vaguely the time spent in limbo; how among the stark white there suddenly came a tear. And you fled, together with many others, following a flame-- you don't know why, but you knew this was your only chance.[break][break]

Your chance at what, exactly?[break][break]

All you have is a face and a name, lingering at the tip of your tongue, and the knowledge that she is the key to remembering everything. Your past life.[break][break]

A shadow looms over you, red hair and worried red eyes regard you. Kyrenai Black. When you say her name, she frowns at you, and when you whisper something you didn't know you remembered, her eyes grow wide in confusion. "It... it can't be...."[break][break]

[break][break][break]

Tldr; this wanted ad is for Kyrenai's fellow assassin, and best friend [REDACTED]. [REDACTED] is the grandchild of a master assassin, who met Kyrenai at the beginning of their years of training (early twenties). They were thick as thieves; each others' rivals but also best of friends, pushing one another to heights only they could equally rival. Unknowing of the deeper feelings simmering between them. During their final 'graduation' test, [REDACTED] met their end, willingly allowing themselves to be killed in favor of Kyrenai succeeding the graduation (as this assassination style wills that only the strongest remains standing). During the events of PAA: MT. Pyre, [REDACTED]'s soul escapes and ends up in the Wilds, where they find themselves returning to a physical form, with only shreds of their memory still remaining.[break][break]

Options to their revival; they could return to their original body. Gender, name, faceclaim and history prior to meeting Kyrenai are free to choose. Age is dependent on whether you would like their corporeal form to have aged or not (if aged, their max age would be 38). Another option could be that [REDACTED]'s soul has found another living human to inhabit; their memories (and skills) would become part of the existing character, to be used as you see fit.[break][break]

Plotwise; they would meet again in one of the Wilds locations, shortly after [REDACTED]'s revival. [REDACTED] has only a sliver of their memories, but will recognise Kyrenai (whether she recognises you is dependent on your choices). Inbetween threads both will slowly start uncovering more and more of [REDACTED]'s core memories, until [REDACTED] remembers their true identity, and the reason behind their death. Kyrenai and [REDACTED]'s relationship during this journey may vary according to the taker's wishes; they can rekindle their friendship, try to explore the budding romance they never got to experience, or fall into the vice of hostility and become mortal enemies (after all, Kyrenai did kill you).
[break][break]

@open[break][break]

NOTES

- I've left the character details vague to allow for more creative freedom
- Interested or wanting more in-depth info about certain aspects, feel free to hmu on Discord! (Aura#5193)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#ACDD70;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights