Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 6:46:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Blame gravity~!"[break][break]

Isaac's tease lingered behind him, drifting up the dirt chute that Isaac had slid down. Luckily, it wasn't long before he heard the tell-tale scuff of butt on dirt. Giada had decided to follow him after all. Excellent.[break][break]

It was a surprisingly long descent. Whoever had dug this burrow didn't want to risk any subterranean Pokemon disturbing them, clearly. However, much to Isaac's delight, the tunnel became less claustrophobic the longer it went on. The slope took a gentler curve, the tight ceiling began to widen, and fresher air from what must have been a ventilation system rose to meet him as he continued his descent. He was nearing the bottom.[break][break]

As he pulled into a landing, he tossed a Pokeball down ahead of him. A Grotle emerged, looking up expectantly towards him. "Overgrow, girl," Isaac said as he slid past her, his warning a little too late for his own comfortable landing.[break][break]

Luckily, Giada would be in for a more comfortable descent. By the time she made it down in Isaac's wake, she'd be sliding onto a comfortable bed of underground mosses courtesy of Persephone's Overgrow ability.[break][break]

From here, they were in what appeared to be a small antechamber hewn from dirt. There wasn't a lot to see here, bar one exit to the left, one exit to the right, and one exit forward. With all three being identical tunnels, there was little more than gut feeling to help with Isaac's decision, but he considered them heavily nonetheless.[break][break]

As he considered, he also considered Giada's earlier question. "Why would I? You're the one who said you didn't want to," he responded, shrugging. "Now, what're you feeling on this one? Left, right, or forward?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 2:47:04 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]as she follows him down, the path begins to open up...

and it's mossy beneath her, soft and easy to maneuver. a cushion, she realizes, to ease her descent after him.

a small, barely there smile begins to rise.

it disappears after a moment, after she catches up to him and he answers her question.

"most people pry."

perhaps he is not most people.

either that, or he simply doesn't care to know.

regardless, the decision of which direction to take is up to her now... and she takes too long to consider.

right or left might lead into walls. she glances one way and then the other before deciding on:

"forward."

hopefully it doesn't end horribly.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 3:24:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Being like most people is overrated."[break][break]

Isaac was never the type to do something just because others wanted to. That went doubly so when it came to trampling over some poor girl's feelings just for the sake of information. What did he stand to gain from being pushy? Having the girl blurt some unverifiable facts just to shut him up?[break][break]

"Besides," he said, a small, teasing grin spreading across his face. "Something tells me most people piss you off, anyway."[break][break]

Maybe Isaac had crossed that barrier into vague tolerance. After all, Giada started actually making decisions during this mission. She suggested moving forward, and frankly it sounded as good as any other direction to Isaac. With a shrug, Isaac lead the way, motioning for Gia to follow.[break][break]

As they walked, Isaac noted softer spots in the walls. The ceiling seemed to sag in certain areas. He could make out little spiderwebs of cracks along the walls. There were some scaffolding frameworks set up along the sides of the tunnel, but these sights left Isaac's eyes narrowed. "We might end up having to do a little pest control around here. Seems some of the wild Pokemon dig deeper than our host had hoped for," he said. "Shouldn't be an issue yet, but. Let's keep an eye out."[break][break]

The way forward lead to what seemed to be a small living area. It was set up much like the Secret Base craze that had taken Hoenn by storm recently, simplified furniture scattered along the floor and lined along the walls. Isaac checked a few shelves, mostly filled with cheap, harmless knick-knacks instead of anything valuable.[break][break]

Most of these bunkers were owned by rich nutjobs with dreams stretching to the moon, and were filled to the brim with traps and treasure alike. Taking these jobs tended to be thrilling adventures where one made it out by the skin of their teeth, pockets line by ill-gotten gains snatched from ill-behaved men.[break][break]

This one seemed different. It was hand-dug and cheaply reinforced, already showing its age after just a few months. Instead of values, there were cute little trinkets and small, humble family photos. Isaac looked at one, a young woman with her arms slung around what he presumed were her parents. An Excadrill cheerfully danced in front of her, blocking out much of the photo to everyone's surprise.[break][break]

"Seems like someone was just trying to get away, huh," he observed, a melancholy tone to his voice.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 4:16:20 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"they do, actually."

she's never been a fan of the way people act, of how they seem to float through life without a care in the world. it stems from jealousy, she has come to learn, but it doesn't ever quite go away even after being broken down on an analytical level.

and as he motions for her to follow, she trudges along behind him. the walk is quiet, almost pensive. her eyes wander to the walls of the tunnel, to the ceiling and the scaffolding and the way spots have begun to cave in. it fills her with a small sense of trepidation, as if one wrong move down here will spell disaster.

is that the goal?

she picks up the pace a little as the walls begin to open up into a room.

one look around and she's certain: this was not just some rich hideaway from the apocalypse.

the trinkets are personal, small and not much but still bits and pieces of home. her eyes linger on each one, tracing their edges and shapes until she could see them even when she closes her eyes.

and while they tug at her newfound heart, nothing lands a blow quite like the pictures of a girl and her family. she stares at them, at the happy expressions and what seems to be a genuine familial bond.

"more like survive to make it back home."

for a moment, she doesn't even recognize her voice. it sounds so far away, distant and full of a primordial longing. the feeling claws at her insides, trying and trying to get out of the cage she has tried to lock it away in.

"wonder if she made it out..."

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 4:31:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Gia's question made Isaac's heart tremble, because he immediately knew the answer.[break][break]

It wasn't enough that these hidden bunkers be used. They needed to be, beyond a shadow of a doubt, claimed. The investigation work that Isaac favored was just one cog in a massive, sprawling machine. After this came not just assassination, but the systematic erasure of any sign of the owner's existence. By the time Lockbox was finished, these bunkers wouldn't be home to ghosts. They'd be home to complete and utter nulls, who may as well have never existed.[break][break]

He looked at the picture. With each beat of his heart, he could feel the cracks spreading deeper and deeper.[break][break]

And then he pocketed it.[break][break]

"I don't smell any death," Isaac said, immediately uncomfortable with how his time in Rocket had acquainted him with the smell enough to tell. "So she should've. Probably forgot all about this place once the meteor hysteria died down. Amazing how quick we all went back to normal once it was gone, huh?"[break][break]

It was almost like the Hoenn region was begging for just a shred of normalcy.[break][break]

He continued down the line, bagging up as many knick-knacks, trinkets, doodads, and other scattered memories as he could. It was Rocket's goal, was it not? Erase any trace of this place's prior ownership, all for the glory of Rocket? He was grim-faced and stoic behind his mask as he slowly but surely slipped this den down to its bare essentials.[break][break]

All the while, he studied the walls, the ceilings, and the supports that lined them. How frail they had become . . .

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:06:46 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she wants to tell him to not pocket anything, to leave the trinkets and knick-knacks as they are, to keep this safe place as it is...

yet, she stands idly as he strips the room down to a cold bareness. she doesn't move, doesn't speak, even as the picture is taken out of her line of sight.

"if you could consider this normal, yeah."

she doesn't. not quite.

things have yet to feel the same since the meteor. although, she supposes they don't feel much different either.

only she feels different and does that really matter in the grand scheme of things?

she's still on this mission, still faking allegiance to rocket, still pretending and pretending until she doesn't know who she is when she makes it home.

"is that all we have to do?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:18:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"C'mon, Gia. You know you and I don't get normal."[break][break]

He'd packed everything he could up in bags. Even the decorative pillows and the little shag rug on the floor were wrapped up and tucked away. Whatever he couldn't carry on his back, he'd slipped onto little saddlebags lining Persephone's sides. The Grotle had been expecting this, to a degree, but even she shot Isaac a confused look at his choice of what to load. In response, he simply scritched her beneath the point where her shell reached her head.[break][break]

"But it's better that way, if you ask me." He scanned the room. Nothing behind the shelves. Nothing beneath the bed. The furniture was left askew, clearly tampered with, but sacrifices had to be made. "I don't ever want to reach the point where this feels normal."[break][break]

It already did, too much for his liking.[break][break]

"Alright. That's all for this room. Let's check the one to our right next," Isaac said. Mercifully, the path to that room would be a whole lot shorter. It was a simple kitchen area, mostly dedicated to storing non-perishable foods. Cans and tins lined the tops of shelves, with bags of bulk vegetables and rice packed below. There was a little vegetable garden planted along the line of one wall, lit up in the fading remains of what seemed to be a heat lamp.[break][break]

Perhaps it was a surprise when, among all the things Isaac could have taken, he only picked up a cute little planter. It was as if none of the various rations stored along the walls registered in his eyes. "Nothing here . . ." he muttered, so lost in thought that it was as if Gia had faded from his memory.[break][break]

But how could he not focus, when time was of the essence?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:41:27 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]they don't get normal.

they'll never get normal...

and that's exactly why she plans on getting out. she calls it her last heist, the greatest of them all, and it inches closer and closer as she idles around this increasingly empty room.

would he stop her if she tried to leave now? would he help her?

she isn't certain and it leaves her with a sense of anxiety curled up in her stomach.

"normal doesn't have to be this, though."

it's quiet, soft, tentative.

"it could be different, better."

he leads them into another room. this time, it's a makeshift kitchen. and as she allows her eyes to wander once more, he ignores the cans of food and supplies to pick up a little garden plant.

odd...

"nothing? there's still food on the shelves."

what's he up to? is this a trick?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:50:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I had a feeling you'd say that." A small, sorrowful smile spread across Isaac's face. "That's why I asked you about your story, y'know? Both what happened, and what you want to happen."[break][break]

"More people should be working towards a better normal, if you ask me."[break][break]

Yet here they were, slogging through a bunch of tunnels like they were in an oversized Durant farm. They couldn't work towards a better normal like this. They could barely work towards the status quo like this. All they could do was tread water, the fruits of their labor going towards the very people seeking to make a far different definition of normal.[break][break]

had done a wonderful job showing just what that normal was.[break][break]

At Gia's next question, Isaac handed her a bag. "Feel free," he said, nodding towards the shelves lined with food. "But there's a lot here. And I only have room for the essentials."[break][break]

The essential whats? Random shelfbound knick-knacks? Pictures of perfect strangers? Some cute little planter? Fucking rugs?[break][break]

Once more, Isaac found himself studying the walls. Not surprisingly, the heat lamp baked some of the soil. Soft. Crumbly. Where the roots of the little garden once stretched, the roots started to crack at the tightly packed walls. This room was worse off than the den, if only from all these outside factors adding up.[break][break]

"Once you're ready, we've got one room left."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 6:05:52 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]her mouth forms a little o shape of surprise, eyes blinking his comments fully into the mind.

there, they sit, fester, grow.

"oh."

it's soft, yet it still feels like it bounces off these dirt walls.

"if you think that, then why are you here?"

not here here, per se, but rocket here.

he doesn't seem like a bad guy. then again, neither did she.

a bag is extended toward her and she takes it. her hands, however, shy away from grabbing cans off the shelves as he speaks of essentials. she makes a mental list of what he has already grabbed, of what has already been carefully tucked away in that bag of his.

should she follow his lead and do the same?

in the end, she doesn't grab the cans. she merely grips the bag a little tighter and follows him into the next room...

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 6:25:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"There are people here I care about. Good people. People who deserve better than getting caught up in all this." With each mission, with each report from Kanto, with each person he met caught in their crossfire, Isaac came to hate Rocket as an organization more. Yet he could never bring himself to hate Rockets as a people. "It's not their fault what they got caught up in. And if I just turned tail and left on 'em . . ."[break][break]

He sighed. "I know, I know. It all sounds crazy. But maybe I'm hoping I can be a light in the dark for 'em, y'know?"[break][break]

, , his beloved . . . a part of him feared what they could become if Rocket had them to themselves.[break][break]

A part of him feared what he could've become.[break][break]

Giada seemed to pick up what he was putting down. She turned away from the food. Isaac found himself grinning a little. She was a sharp one. Now they had just one more room to investigate, the hallway on the opposite side of this one.[break][break]

The first thing that Isaac noticed was dirt, dirt everywhere. It was far less tightly packed than the walls that made up this tunnel, and was scattered all over the room in uneven piles. Sometimes, sticking out of the dirt, Isaac noticed torn and tattered Pokedolls, worn down from what looked to be years of rough play. Essentials, absolutely essentials. Isaac made sure to pack them up in the bag he handed Giada.[break][break]

This could only be a den for a Pokemon, most likely the Excadrill that he saw in the family picture. Maybe he was the only Pokemon that the girl had. Maybe he wasn't. However, he seemed to be her partner, and for that reason it only made sense that he had a den to call his own. As Isaac sifted through the piles, he found more little pieces of memorabilia; training equipment, a little Pokemon bed, even a worn-down scarf.[break][break]

It was the last pile Isaac found that left his gut wrenching. The patterns in the dirt, rather than haphazard, were arranged in an almost intentional circle. Stones surrounded the lip of the pile, as if forming a basic structure. A warm blanket was tossed on top of the pile, concealing what looked to be the faintest of movements.[break][break]

This was a nest. And underneath that nest was a Pokemon egg.[break][break]

Isaac snatched it up without a shred of hesitation or doubt. He felt around the egg, worry shining in his eyes. He sighed in relief when he could feel a gentle pulse thrumming underneath the egg. "It's still alive, thank Arceus," he muttered. As he turned to Giada, an intensity shone in his eyes.[break][break]

"Check if there are any others. Please."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 6:40:31 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]ah, there it is: the tether.

she wonders, a little too suddenly, what it's like to have people to care about. does it make the decision to stay easier? does it make it harder?

truthfully, she wouldn't know. not now, not ever.

people like that don't exist for the person she is, for the person she had always been. they had all left her behind, from childhood until now. she doesn't know any different. perhaps that's why her decision had been so easy: there is nothing holding her here just as there is nothing guiding her out.

"i see."

she doesn't cast any judgement. not necessarily, anyway, for she cannot speak on what she doesn't understand.

"just... be careful, i guess?"

light always has a funny way of getting snuffed out beneath the boots of those at the top. whether it's intentional or not, the flames always dwindle until they die all the same.

the final room opens up and for a moment, she only sees clutter. disarray. lots of dirt.

and as isaac sifts through piles and piles of dirt and items, he stumbles upon a nest. her eyes widen as he snatches it up immediately. her heart lurches into her throat suddenly, painfully, and for a moment, she thinks the worst...

only for him to heave out a sigh of relief. her body releases the tension it had gathered up in those few seconds of silence.

"okay."

her path takes her a few feet away from him where she finds two more eggs covered in a similar fashion. both are hoisted up and checked for pulses, her breathing anxiously hitching until the telltale beat of life thrums against the palms of her hands.

"two more, both alive."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 17:21:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A small Klefki drifted out from another of Isaac's Pokeballs, Illumina patterns etched into its various keys. The Klefki's Spotlight scanned across the room, searching for any other signs of life. Much to Isaac's relief, there were none to be seen. Whatever eggs were left in the room had been secured by Giada.[break][break]

Between their efforts, nothing was left in this room but piles of dirt and forgotten dreams.[break][break]

"That should be everything," Isaac said, walking around the perimeter of the room. At random intervals, he cautiously put a hand to the walls. He felt the aged wood creak and groan in protest as he pressed his hand towards the room's support beams. He felt the dirt crumble beneath his fingers, noticing cracks spreading across its surface whenever he pressed for too long.[break][break]

"You remember what this project's for, right?" Isaac asked, not even turning to look at Giada as he spoke. "Team Rocket looks for usable bunkers, left behind in the race to escape Meteno. They track details about the owner, finding out how to cover their tracks before claiming the bunker of their own. And then . . ."[break][break]

Isaac released two more Pokeballs from his belt. A Vibrava and a Garchomp appeared, the former perched atop the latter's hammerhead. The Garchomp shot Isaac a nervous look, while the Vibrava's wings beat rapidly with anticipation. "Protect her, Bruce," Isaac said, before looking towards the Vibrava and nodding. She fluttered down to the floor, her wings starting to build up speed like a motor ready to go. Bruce hunkered down atop her, his lean body serving like a living shield.[break][break]

"The supports are weak from age. The walls are starting to give way. Wild Pokemon and volcanic activity mean this bunker could go down at any moment." The Vibrava's wings started to beat, faster and faster and faster still, until soon they were little more than green blurs. "We gave it a real thorough check. But there's no salvaging this one."[break][break]

"For all we know, it'll be gone before we even make it back to base."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 4:18:46 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she cradles the eggs in her arms, grip almost a little too tight against fragile shells.

and as isaac moves about the remainder of the bunker, her eyes follow his path. the way he touches the walls, dirt crumbling beneath his fingers and wood groaning with barely clinging life.

he speaks of what rocket's goals are, of what they mean to utilize this bunker for...

and each word falls heavy into a pit in her stomach.

"you don't mean..."

surely they wouldn't, right? it's a foolish thought to have of a terrorist organization. a stupid thought for a stupid girl, having been part of the problem from the start.

she has no right to balk over their decisions now. her hands are still stained red like the forgotten catsuit hanging idly in her closet.

you can hang up the mantle but it will never erase what you've done.

he releases pokemon, then. a gabite and vibrava, both of which seem to gravitate toward the floor.

and as the vibrava's wings begin to beat rapidly against the ground, it becomes very apparent what's happening.

he fills in blanks as he speaks, as he assesses their surroundings fully. she has been slow to understand, slow to realize.

once she does, a gasp escapes. she tries to scramble toward him, steps sluggish and stumbling as she balances the weight of the eggs against her chest. they are kept snug, afraid to jostle them in her panic.

"what the hell? what's going on? why are you doing this? are you going to destroy this place? wait, are you trying to kill us? hello? what the fuck?"

it's a string of jumbled words, shrill and anxiety ridden questions all tied together in a single rush of breath.

"isn't this against the mission? what do you think you're doing? you can't be serious... you're actually doing this? holy shit."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 13:51:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'm not destroying this place."[break][break]

Gently, almost reverently, Isaac set a hand atop the bag full of precious memories. He looked towards the eggs that Giada had swaddled up, one in each arm. This was the place that he had committed himself to saving, moreso than any hastily abandoned network of dirt, driftwood, and fear.[break][break]

He then moved that hand to his belt, pressing the release button on a Pokeball. A Ralts appeared out from it, popping onto Isaac's shoulder and waving cheerfully towards Giada. "And I'm not going to let us die for this, either." The Ralts tried to motion for her to approach as Isaac took a half-step closer. Once they were close enough, the Ralts would set a hand on her shoulder, as if he was a living circuit between the two Rockets.[break][break]

Persephone trundled up to Isaac's ankle, bracing herself against him. B.B. swooped down from the skies, nestling into his hair. Dirt began to rain down from the ceiling. Cracks began to spiderweb up and down the walls, clouds of dust billowing from around them. A keening sound echoed through the room as Darude's wings beat, faster and faster. A different, more pleasant keening, came as the Ralts' horn vibrated like a tuning fork. The space around Isaac, Gia, and his Pokemon started to ripple and shimmer.[break][break]

"Just trust me."[break][break]

As soon as Isaac said those last words, time and space warped around them. Before, they were beneath the earth in a bunker beginning to fail. Now they were atop the surface once more, greeted by the warm breeze on their faces, the crisp smell of volcanic ash, and the faint song of faraway birds.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights