slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 3:44:43 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Call it time off, call it irresponsible behavior, call it whatever you will, Kim called it peaceful.

For once, after what seemed like ages, Kim had turned off any electronics he had on his person, refusing to answer any calls, attend any meetings, or talk to anyone he would rather avoid. His aim for the day was to sit out in nature and enjoy it for as long as he could.

And the only place he deemed fit for such a task would be none other than a hidden area he had found and claimed for himself back in his more laid back days. Back when the only worries he had on his mind involved what he was going to wear for the day and how he’d dress his pokemon to match. Much simpler times when he could take a moment to breathe and not have someone counting every breath he took.

He wishes he hadn’t taken something so simple for granted.

But pressure just seemed like another aspect of growing up, he had to do it someday.

But for now, the societal pressures would not dare mind him, for a blissful clearing lay just past a subtle brush, the councilman pushing through with his Teddiursa by his side, the cub just as excited for a rush of nostalgia to wash over him as his trainer.

Until he spotted someone, the childish smile escaping Kim and quickly being replaced with a frown, that in turn shifting to the soft grin that had usually sat on his face. Though, it would not last long, the facade quickly cracking as hs grit his teeth, his hands clenching into one another.

For once, he wanted to enjoy being alone, to not have to see another person’s face all day. He wanted to spend time where he knew no one was. But lo and behold, someone had intruded on a space as sacred to him as this.

What the fuck are you doing here?

It sure was irritating.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2019 16:02:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery had never been to Fortree city, so when she had brought Munchlax and Riolu along to spend the afternoon picnicing at a quiet, secret little garden on route 119, it felt like it had been meant to be.

It was tucked away as a quiet little piece of paradise should be. Wild Pokemon had come to visit from time to time while the two baby Pokemon played, and Avery had been hard at work organizing her picnicking area and sharing her goodies with the local fauna.

Everything had been going smoothly up until a handsome stranger appeared. Munchlax and Riolu had startled at the sight, unaware that someone else knew about this little place. They rushed back to the woman's side, hiding behind her legs and peering around her anxiously.

Avery herself was taken aback, because where she thought she'd caught the glimpse of a smile on the mans face, it was quickly replaced with a scowl and a harsh tone. His words were like a slap in the face, and she felt her cheeks grow hot with embarrassment and slight fear.

"I-I'm so sorry, sir. We'll leave, I swear. I didn't know that this little area belonged to someone - but of course it does! I'm so stupid, I'm so sorry. We were just having a picnic, I'm sorry."

She'd stutter and grow pitchy and warbly, like her voice wasn't strong enough to fully comprehend what she was trying to say. She leaned down to usher her companions forward as she hastily made her way out of Kim's hair.

However, halfway through leaving she remembered that her picnic supplies had been left behind, and she very clearly seemed unsure whether or not to turn back and get them or abandon it altogether.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2019 11:37:02 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
It was easy to ward the girl away, her meek apperance on equal terms with a seemingly timid personality, this was a victory with him hardly needing to lift a finger. But of course, it wouldn’t be as easy as that, the girl being in such a hurry to scurry off from the confrontation that she had left behind her belongings, and she had taken notice of this, her movement ceasing as she indecisevley looked back.

He’d suck his teeth, moving forward. The quicker he got her out of here, the quicker he’d be able to relax. So, with a swift swipe to his side, he’d release his Gothorita.

Pack her junk up.

He commanded, the incensed tone of his voice heard as he spoke. But the pokemon would simply stare at him, unblinking for gods knows how long until he responded.

What? You know what I planned to do today, her being here is ruining that.

The psychic type would set her hands on her hips, tilting her head as she ever so slightly bent her knee, giving him a look as if he should know he did wrong, not a word from the pokemon said, mentally or otherwise. The Teddiursa stood to the mans side, quietly contemplating how to get out of this situation, the awkward other sibling as the Gothorita gave a mothers silent scorn.

Fine.” Kim said, tone relenting. “I’ll do it myself.” The bitchyness of his voice returned as he moved towards the mess that the girl had splayed about.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 17:10:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She flinched.

The moment he had reached for his belt, she was sure that he had been reaching for something to throw at her. Call it paranoia, but she had dealt with enough angry daycare customers and tantrum baby Pokemon to know what reaching for something looked like.

When she opened one eye nervously, she was surprised to see a very motherly-looking Gothorita standing next to the man.

Horror falls over her face as he orders the Pokemon to grab her things. She was mortified at the thought.

"No, please, sir! I can do it. I'm sorry for bothering you, I'm so scatterbrained. Please, please forgive me."

Avery looked up just as Kim appeared to be arguing with his Pokemon, and she jogged back to pack up her things. She gasped in surprise, however, as Kim crossly made his way over to apparently do it himself.

"I don't want to bother you, sir. I didn't realize this place belonged to anyone. I should have asked first, I'm so careless."

Her Riolu and Munchlax nervously followed after her, but her Riolu specifically seemed to be charging up courage and spontenaity.

The small fighting-type Pokemon stepped in front of his trainer, puffing out his chest and glaring up at the man, as if challenging him to take another step.

"Riolu, stop that! Don't pick a fight, okay? Everything's fine."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 18:13:28 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Shut up.

He said through gritted teeth, a side eye glancing to the girl and her pokemon.

The faster you’re out of my hair the better, and I’ll be damned if I let your take your sweet time packing up your shit while I sit on the sidelines and wait.

His hands busied themselves as his mouth moved, each second passed adding another word, another sentence, to his already lengthy rant.

I wanted to have just one day where I didn’t have to put on that stupid smile. Just one day, is that too much to ask? Apparently it is. Apparently something as simple as spending time alone is too much to ask for. Apparently asking your pokemon to do something for you that would bring you even the slightest bit of happiness is a pipe dream and I’m the asshole for wanting to be myself for ONCE, ONCE IN GODS KNOWS HOW MANY MONTHS IT’S BEEN.

He’d grunt, neatly placing the foods and assorted snacks into place, snatching a sandwich for himself in the process, then proceeding to take a bite out of it.

Thish ish good.” He’d say as he offered it to his Teddiursa, the cub hesitant to take it before giving in to it’s primal urge to feed. Meanwhile the Gothorita would on-look, squinting at the Teddiursa and its weak will.

Now I’m stuck packing up some randoms stuff, the random, of course, standing behind her riolu, too afraid to do anything for herself.

He’d come to a stand, her belongings properly squared away within the blanket, the councilman setting the bundle down in front of her before turning to look at the Gothorita.

You could have done that. You could have done exactly what I just did, but easier. But instead you just sat there and stared at me like I’m in the wrong.

He was, but his mind was too clouded with emotion to see things clearly, he would come to regret this interaction later, in what little capacity of thought it would present itself.

The Gothorita continued to look at the man before shaking her head, pushing past him and walking to the girl and her pokemon, bowing apologetically.

‘ I’m sorry he’s acting like such a child, he isn’t himself right now. You’re welcome to stay if you’d like, I’ll even help you unpack. ‘

She spoke telepathically, her voice soothing and soft compared to her trainers angry and rough tone.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 18:31:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His words were like a fire lash, driving her back. She felt numb and unable to respond or stop him. He simply moved in front of her, in front of Riolu, and proceeded to pack away her things. She gasped softly as he grabbed one of her handmade sandwiches and devoured it, sharing it with his Teddiursa.

But what really threw her off was how angry he was, and how at some point he had stopped yelling directly at her and seemed to be arguing with himself. And at some point, probably after he had eaten her sandwich and turned to snarl at his Gothorita for not helping, and after he'd dropped the sack of picnic supplies at her feet and opened his mouth to bark at her again, did she subconsciously reach for his hand.

"Y-you don't have to smile for me. I never expected you to. I don't know who you are.. but you don't have to pretend to be someone you're not, especially not around me, a complete stranger. You can be yourself if you really want to, I won't say anything."

Startling herself now that she'd realized she was grasping his hand to try and comfort him, she would promptly drop it and pick up her bag of things, dipping her head apologetically before ushering her Riolu to follow her.

Avery would only hesitate when a telepathic voice in her head encouraged her to stop. Turning around, the woman would look at the Pokemon in confusion and surprise, pointing at herself to make sure that she wasn't just hearing things.

It bowed in front of her, and Avery blushed deeply, holding one hand to her chest in shock.

"Please stand up! Don't bow for me, I'm just a nobody. Oh my goodness, I really should be going, I don't want to be a bother."

Tears appeared in the corners of her eyes out of pure anxiety, and she would glance between the strangers Pokemon and the stranger.

Munchlax had appeared to peek around her knee, staring at the Teddiursa as it finished its sandwich. With a mournful whine, the big eater Pokemon would tug on Avery's picnic bag, begging to be fed. They hadn't yet gotten to their picnic when Kim had arrived with curses on the end of his tongue.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 19:36:34 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
What the fuck?

He whispers under his breath as he jerks away his hands from hers, giving her a look of disgust, not only at the fact that she dared to touch him, but at the fact that she spouted such bullshit without knowing a damn thing about him.

As one thing led to another, the man’s disgust would not waver in the slightest, appalled that this twink of a girl would make his Gothorita dip her head to her. She had no right to be offered an apology, of this he was sure. But apparently his partner thought otherwise, Kim rolling his eyes as he unwillingly gave in to the pressure exuded from the psychic type as well as the pitiable exhaust emitted from a certain someone.

Without a word said, Kim gave in, a wave of his hand signalling his defeat.

The Gothorita grabbed hold of the girls hand, a heal pulse emitted to help calm the girls anxiety as she resplayed the picnic’s layout, psychic setting everything back into place.

‘ His name is Kim, the Teddiursa is Uaid, and I Balladonna, Bella if you would rather. Would you kindly allow us to join you in your picnic, we were the ones to intrude in the first place after all. ‘

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 0:01:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery flinches again at the cursing, and at the look of disgust. She immediately takes a couple steps back, her heart pounding. Riolu, picking up on her anxiety, barks out a warning, running up to Kim to give him a swift kick in the shin.

Before he can do that though, Avery yelps in surprise and horror, and she reaches out a second too late to stop him.

She would also jump at the Gothorita's hands grasping her own. It would only take a moment for the Pokemon's psychic energy to calm her, though it would take a bit of coaxing to get her hands to stop shaking so badly.

In an instant all of her picnicking items were spread out once again, and Munchlax would happily tumble over himself to get to the food.

"We should share, Munchlax. Don't go eating all of it."

She said this quietly, her mind elsewhere.

Eventually, however, Avery would look back at Kim, who she had now been introduced to.

"My name is Avery Collins. It's.. nice to meet you. If you're still hungry, you all can have something to eat. I packed extra because I knew Munchlax would eat it if no one else did."

She avoids eye contact a little bit, unsure if Kim will lash out again.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 9:03:14 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim does little to retaliate against the Riolu, unconcerned by the pokemon’s light kick. Instead he’d simply look down on it, pity set onto his features. Having a trainer as weak as the girl was surely something it would come to be ashamed of in the future.

When she introduced herself, he’d continue to scowl at her, his childish ways showing no sign of relent. But the Teddiursa would gladly join in, the baby bear shuffling over quickly and starting to dig into the food, unwilling to wait another moment for its trainer to give up his tantrum.

‘ Thank you for having us. ‘

The Gothorita conveyed once more before bowing, moving to return to her trainers side, taking a seat to his side. She was quiet until she mentally sent a message Kim’s way, her voice ringing only within his mind.

‘ I hate this too, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to be a complete asshole to someone I just met. ‘

And with that, she would once again fall silent, a deep breath taken as she leaned under the shade of a tree.

As much as it pained him to admit, she was right; but that didn’t make him any less frustrated. All these feelings that he’s been keeping bottled up had to come out eventually, Avery was just the unlucky sucker that got caught up in the crossfire.

How did you find this place.

He finally spoke, looking her head on. Maybe questioning her would help to calm himself in some small caliber.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 14:18:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Riolu's kick did nothing to the man, much to the small Pokemon's dismay. The look of pity he received made him all the angrier, but there was nothing he could do about it.

Meanwhile, Avery averted her eyes a bit at the scowl Kim was giving her. The more he spoke, the meeker and weaker she appeared. Not even his Gothorita's thanks brought her out of it.

The entire situation was uncomfortable, she had decided. After a moment of hesitation and unease, Avery had sat down opposite to Kim. Munchlax curled up in her lap after having already devoured half the picnic. He was happily snoring within seconds.

Riolu, on the other hand, continued to stare at Kim suspiciously.

Avery was lost in her thoughts, appetite lost due to her inner turmoil, and was startled when Kim finally spoke to her. When she looked up, her cheeks flushed with colour as his eyes met hers.

"Riolu found it, actually. We were just out for a walk, looking for a place to sit down and rest. He must have thought the energy in this area was much calmer than the rest of the path."

Now, however, it was clear that those energies he had felt had changed.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 14:52:51 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Of course it was calm, he wouldn’t choose anywhere that wasn’t calm if it was his aim to relax. The only reason why things had become anything otherwise was because of the unwarranted presence of another, presence unwelcome at that.

His brow furrowed slightly, thoughts further deteriorating his unamicable mood.

Arms crossed as a hand's fingers idly tapped his elbow, his nerves getting the better of him as he stood in place.

Why did you pick to have your picnic here instead of somewhere normal like a park or something? We’re not exactly in a safe location, and your pokemon don’t look like they’d be able to handle themselves in a battle.

Of course the pokemon in the area were of the friendly nature, the very few run-ins with them that he had being a simple acknowledgement of each others presence before returning to their own business; but she didn’t know that. For all she knew they could be the easily agitated sort, unwelcome of others in their territory.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 4:13:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery could tell he didn't like her answer. She squirmed in her seated position uncomfortably, trying to think of ways to lighten the mood and make him feel more at ease. Not that it was her job to do so.

He had also remained standing, which, in itself, was a reason for Avery to remain at a constant thrum of anxious. In her position she was vulnerable. If he so chose, he could absolutely throttle her and leave her in this hidden little clearing to decompose.

While he speaks, she's convinced she should just stay silent. Her fingers intertwine tightly until her knuckles turn white. For a moment, she glances around at her supplies and at the area.

"I run a daycare, so I'm pretty good at getting along with Pokemon. I don't really pose a threat, I guess you could say. And... you're right, my Pokemon probably can't handle themselves in a battle. They hatched just a few weeks ago."

She stands up again, too high-strung to remain sitting. Riolu seems to mimic her every move, sitting down or standing up in sync with his trainer.

"M-maybe I'm too trusting. But I tend to not get on as well with other people than I do Pokemon, so I decided to take my chances out here rather than in a public area. Maybe that's stupid, I don't know.."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2019 12:30:00 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
No wonder she was so awkward, she was the antisocial sort, and from the looks of it her anxieties had anxieties.

He held no qualms for her short spiel but there were still a bitter feeling that sturred in his chest, her look making him annoyed with every passing second. So he decided something on a whim.

Okay.

He said defeatedly his irritated expression softening but brows still slightly furrowed as he spoke, uncrossing his arms.

Use this place whenever you want.

He had decided to simply abandon the area, it being too much trouble to fight for any longer; it was ruined the moment she had found it anyways.

Moving towards where he had entered, he’d grab the teddiursa by the scruff of its neck, the Gothorita following behind as he gave Avery one final word.

I hope for both our sakes you don’t find the next place I decide to set up in.

There was a bitter taste of defeat on his tounge, more poignant than ever based on the fact alone that he had willingly given up something so important to him.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Everybody's Here [ c ]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2019 14:01:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
'Okay.'

Her eyes would grow wide, her shoulders pulling back as she sat up a little straighter. His tone had changed just the slightest bit, enough to surprise her.

Avery was already up and standing, hands held up in silent plea when Kim spoke up again, allowing her to come back here if she wanted.

"No, no. I promise I won't come back. I'm sure there are other places we can go that we won't bother you again. You deserve a quiet place."

Kim would leave anyway, though she sincerely hoped that he had listened to her and would come back here.

She'd hang her head a little bit in defeat when he finally left. Glancing at her Pokemon who seemed indifferent to the fact she had just driven off a potential friend, she'd sigh.

"I'm really bad at this, aren't I?"