gaze into the glass

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gaze into the glass
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 15:19:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff"]
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Liquor is sharp on Dominic's breath, mixing with the stale note of cigarette. Kingsley leans in, readying himself for whatever is to come next.

"No," he responds, knowing it makes no difference. He makes a half hearted attempt to match Dominic's smile, but his own is unsure and wary. It is more of the grimace of a cornered prey.

As soon as the answer is given, Kingsley jolts back. He feigns shock and offense, waving a hand desperately in the air as if he can pull the words out of it.

"Here I was hoping for some sort of undying love confession," he spits. He mimics Dominic, albeit poorly. "No, Kingsley, you're not a joke! You're the love of my life! The Latios to my Latias!"

He knocks a foot into Dominic and huffs.

"I can't believe you would call me a court jester. Not even the king of jesters, but an ordinary, boring court jester. Fuck you, my man."

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
gaze into the glass
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 16:01:46 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
maybe dominic forgot genuine laughter, or maybe the copious amount of smoking compromised his vocal cords beyond repair. he reels back from kingsley with a noise that is somewhere between a snigger and a husky, wheezing exhale.

it takes dominic a few heartbeats to collect himself and when kingsley nudges him with his foot, he instead doubles down; inching closer again and placing a hand on kingsley's forearm to steady himself.

"but kingsley! is being my favourite not enough?" dominic objects almost gently, and entirely patronising. "maybe you're right though. i have so much love to give."

@kingsley

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gaze into the glass
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 14:59:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Kingsley pulls a face, but he can't stop the ghost of a genuine smile from forming. He snorts and reaches out to give a light punch to Dominic's chest, right where his heart should be were it not for the very definite fact he doesn't have one and is in reality a heartless bastard.

"Yeah - to your dick maybe. But not to me."

He emphasizes exactly how hurt he is, how devastated, how wounded, by grabbing the alcohol and pounding it back. His cheeks flush from the burn and Kingsley slams the glass down with a cough.

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
gaze into the glass
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 16:21:38 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
any mention of his dick by kingsley spurs a strange kind of apprehension and defensiveness. dominic shifts in his seat and glares while his mouth forms first a leery grin and then several beginnings of unrealised sentences.

"i mean, the two aren't mutually exclusive," he mutters with a smirk, knocking kingsley perhaps a little too roughly with his shoulder while the other attempts to drink.

"don't overdo it, babe. we both know you could never drink properly," dominic continues, arching an eyebrow skeptically at the glass as it turned vertical and emptied itself of the amber liquid.

@kingsley

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gaze into the glass
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 2:05:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Kingsley chokes no thanks to Dominic and when he finishes his drink, he pounds a fist against his chest to try and help ease the burn. "Bastard," he wheezes. "If I die, you'll never know what to do with yourself. Be nice to me."

He rubs his palm in a circle and finally drops it back to his thigh. He knocks a foot into Dominic's shin.

"I've gotta take care of your drunk ass, sweetheart," Kingsley retorts with a toothy grin. "One of us has to be sober and it isn't you, pooh bear."

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
gaze into the glass
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 18:00:54 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
"i didn't know you were so fragile."

dominic winces at the pet names, as if kingsley had slapped him. the corner of his lips curls back, and he's fairly certain that he would have lashed out in response if it had come from anyone else.

dominic tucks his leg under the bar stool and pretends to not notice the assault and goes back to sliding the ash tray back and forth across the bar, the squeaking noise annoyingly grating.

"what would i do without you?" he says flatly. "i don't know how i managed these past few months."

@kingsley

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gaze into the glass
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 12:32:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Kingsley laughs again. "You know, if I was really gone," he says as he pulls a pack of cigarettes from his jacket. He pulls a cigarette free and sets it between his lips. "Like - gone gone. Dead."

For emphasis, Kingsley forms a gun with his fingers and aims it at his own skull. He pretends to pull the trigger and mimics a bang around the cigarette.

"You'd be lost. I'm your 'favorite jester'," he states, grabbing for his lighter. The end of the cigarette glows orange.