wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
botanist / petalburg capt.
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
where i wanna be found [m]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 5:30:00 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Was he really cut out for this job? Wren had to wonder if that was so. The learning curve had been a steep one, and even after a handful of months he was still adjusting. At least graduation has been taken care of and his botany classes were one less thing to have on the agenda[break][break]

But still he was tired. His keys jingled in the knob as he pushed the door open, posture slumped as he kicked his shoes off in the entry and nudged them to the corner with his foot. Juno followed dutifully behind, before flopping in her bed in the corner of the kitchen.[break][break]

There was something baking in the oven, but the kitchen was empty. A dial timer ticked on resiliently in its solitude on the little ledge above the stove. Wren dropped his bag on a pulled out barstool and kept wandering.[break][break]

Seeking out the source of respite he knew he’d be able to find in Levy.[break][break]

Was he hiding? No… of course he was sitting in the den, curled on the comfy, but second hand loveseat they’d scrounged up when they had first moved in a few months ago. Suddenly this cozy cottage type deal had become home despite the fact that he still got some rooms mixed up with the memory of the layout of his last place.[break][break]

But Wren knew that home had more to do with who filled the space beside him.[break][break]

Like a cat demanding attention, he beelined for his partner and half-crawled, half-flopped onto him. A wordless whine of exhaustion was pressed against the curve of Levy’s shoulder and neck as Wren sagged, gold eyes sliding shut.

[break][break]
// sleepless in slateport

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#e0a8a8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 18:44:31 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase1"]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

For once, things were uncomplicated.
[break][break]
Mostly, at least. Every once in awhile, his mind would work overtime to try and scrounge up some potential problem that didn't actually exist. It was simply in his nature. He was used to looking out for danger, planning for the disaster before it happened. Maybe a part of him refused to believe that this kind of peace couldn't possibly belong to him. Yet, of course, Wren changed everything. He felt stupid, considering it was blatantly obvious that his life would only improve if he accepted that he was in love with his best friend and that the other wasn't going to just leave him.
[break][break]
Fears of abandonment aside, it was just nice to sit around and enjoy the coziness of it all. For once, he didn't have to look over his shoulder for danger. They didn't acknowledge completely the moral ambiguity of his job, but it had improved significantly after taking 's job. Even if the weasel could be annoying, he wasn't the worst employer. The worst part being that Levy actually kind of respected him regardless.
[break][break]
He'd fallen asleep on the chair, again though. Despite the fact he enjoyed this change in career, it had started to dominate a large portion of his life. Maybe that wasn't all bad, but he didn't see much of Wren lately either.
[break][break]
The sudden weight made him jump a little, jerking back into the cushion as he blinked the sleep from his eyes. "Oh hey, is it that time already?" He tipped his head to the side to observe the ticking of the timer on the windowsill. Not that long, at least. The last thing he needed was burnt cake.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 15:57:19 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Obviously they weren’t actively avoiding one another. They didn’t really talk about work when they were together. That time was filled with the sorta stuff they’d always talked about, and…other things. That was okay, some aspects of Levy’s job he thought were maybe best left out of sight and out of mind–even if he wasn’t as aggressively anti-rocket as many of his fellow rangers could be. For now, it was enough to actually enjoy the fact that he got to be with Levy now in a way that hadn’t been previously accessible to him.[break][break]

It still felt a bit unreal at moments, but Wren had never been the sort to take that feeling pessimistically. It felt a little more like awe, really. But with the way their schedules managed to clash, it was a wonder to actually have a night with a decent chunk of time together. Maybe he should get better at that–but juggling captain duties had proven hard. He’d get there, though. Surely. Maybe just…when he was old.[break][break]

“Huuuhhh?” he replied, not budging from where he’d nestled himself. His head was still firmly planted in the crook of Levy’s neck. “Time for what?” Wren failed to stifle a yawn, the sound muffled against Levy’s shirt, though eventually he regretfully sat up to rub at his eyes–sore from reading paperwork throughout the day. Way too much paperwork.[break][break]

“Could sleep a thousand years, I think.” But despite his fatigue and stress, he smiled at Levy. Drowsily, he leaned forward to boop their noses together. “You have a good day? Sorta nice to actually get home around the same time for once.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Lev
he/him
Twenty-Two
March 31
PETALBURG CITY, HOENN
homosexual
forger's assistant
associate
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
129 posts
Levy Alinsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @levy
Levy Alinsky
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 16:00:03 GMT
Levy Alinsky Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase1"]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

It felt like they were still figuring things out. It was an awkward growing phase that made him feel, once again, like a teenager. All sharp elbows and knobbly knees. Though unlike then, he didn't really know how to go about it. At least not with stoicism and indifference. This was his relationship with Wren after all, not exactly puberty.
[break][break]
Even then, he couldn't help but feel undeserving of this softness. Wren curled up against him and it felt almost like a sin to accept. Things had eased off, he was no longer in the market of thieving or hurting pokemon so maybe that would eventually ease that tension. He wasn't going to leave Rocket, which was maybe a little selfish. There were still parts of him that were stubborn and unbudging, with things to prove to people that were no longer in his life.
[break][break]
"Huh? Oh nothing just you getting home I mean." He rambled, feeling a little foggy with sleep that he pushed away. It was a little difficult with other's weight and heat, dragging him back under. "I'm baking." As if that wasn't obvious.
[break][break]
He sighed, letting them rest like that for a second in silence. "Not sure when we became adults, it kinda sucks."

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 19:39:25 GMT
wren rourke Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Wren, in all honesty, felt just as gangly and awkward as Levy. He was just great at masking it behind his optimism. Sure, he did believe that improvement would come, but there had been a lot of frustrating days mixed in with the satisfying ones. He didn’t broach the topic of what Levy did at work. It was far more preferable to just come home to him. That was all he wanted to do, anyway.[break][break]

“Oh, yeah. It’s meeee,” he replied with a tired sigh. He was reluctant to rise and move away–instead he seemed to hunker down that much more in rebellion. He was probably squashing Levy, but he was comfy there. The mention of baking did make him perk, though. Just enough to tilt his head to look up at him. “Baking what?”[break][break]

Something good? Probably something good. Wren couldn’t bake for beans, so whatever it was was sure to be enjoyed by him. He withdrew his arms for a moment, letting them stretch up over his head as he yawned again. Then they looped around the other’s middle again. He propped his chin on Levy’s shoulder and pressed a kiss against his cheek. “I dunno, it sucks and it’s overrated.”[break][break]

Okay, so he didn’t hate his job, but it was exhausting. Most days he felt dead on his feet. Today had been a bit of a bummer, though. Enough for him to be on edge until he left. “I wanna go back to cutting classes with you,” he grumbled.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 18:35:09 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD END!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: