Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
SECRETS OF THE SWORD VOL. 2: SPIRIT
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 12:48:47 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

VOL. 2: SPIRIT, CHAPTER 1, EXCERPT BY

Mt. Chimney was one of the few places that hadn't been too disturbed by the rifts that spread through Hoenn.

Which meant the league's attention had been diverted from it, and its vast, considerable population of pokemon.

Leaving the ever so lucrative Spoink pearl blackmarket to experience a brief boom in its business, the reduced ranger presence in the sector allowing for more skilled and ruthless poachers to make quick, considerable bucks.

With a pearl that was worth its weight in gold and a body that could be sold as a delicacy for the... more unscrupulous gourmet, Spoink was truly a prized staple of the blackmarket.

"... This is deplorable." The blonde man said as he stared at a former Grumpig nest.

There was no Mother Grumpig or children Spoink in sight. There was blood spread about, a lingering smell of gunpowder, and a single ammo shell underneath one of several a large leaves that used to be a spoink's bedding...

He understood why Terrakion had suddenly brought the champion here.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 1:44:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he would say terrakion could technically take care of this on his own, but he knows the pokemon will berate him for it despite knowing he wasn't serious.

"everything's pretty fresh too. they're pretty careless to leave behind evidence that can easily be tracked."

gunpowder could have been masked by the sulfuric air by the volcano, but the smell of iron in fresh blood was always going to be distinct in an area of dirt and foliage for a pokemon trained in search and rescue. not that it would matter since people like this can always be traced even without bloodhounds.

kyle turns to terrakion. "shouldn't you already be aware of where they are?" to which the terrakion nods.

eventually, he notices that he's with company, having been dragged in the moment. "ah, sorry, i forgot i was off work." his previous one, anyways. as a champion and a member of aqua, these situations were left for those involved in a more local jurisdiction. "so, how would you proceed?"

he's worked with people from those who prioritized the well-being of pokemon, to those whose only intent is to bring justice. he gauges gwyar's intent before he acts, as passive as he was, evident from terrakion's initial judgement.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 21:03:45 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

"Or they've reason to believe it won't be discovered by the right authorities." Gwyar suggested, arms crossed over his chest, brow furrowed deeply.

Perhaps the root of the problem was such that strength alone would not be enough.

Gwyar crouched low, his digits touching against the pokeballs hanging off his belt.

"It's no issue. I wasn't expecting this either." the man said, before releasing his Stoutland onto the field.

"I would focus on finding tracks to pursue. The Spoink might yet live— time is of the essence." The man said as his Stoutland began to sniff around, careful to not step on the blood. "Leon— Odor Sleuth."

The Stoutland's nose seemed to gleam briefly as its hairs stood on end, before its eyes narrowed and it began to dart around the place.

"Perhaps more importantly, though..." The man said, turning his still tense expression towards the young Champion. "What will you do?"

Terrakion had brought Kyle there, ultimately. Gwyar was, as ever, a tag along to the Swords of Justice' true disciples— an earnest observer and student himself.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 11:39:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the burden of knowledge adds to his obligations. he did take an oath back when he first started as a wee league officer of slateport police department.

he sighs. "well, ignorance is bliss, and i don't think i have that right now."

as nihilistic as he was, the urge to perform was still present in him. this was an action he'd take whether terrakion was present or not, and even if he was off the clock as an enforcer of the law.

"let's just find them and get this over with fast," he answers gwyar. "the sooner we get to it, the sooner we can get get comfortable."

and the better chances they'll have to find the spoink in a fixable condition. kyle forgets to mention it, but terrakion has observed the trainer long enough to know what unspoken words were implied.

he turns to the stoutland gwyar released. "take the lead, uh, leon?" that was his name, right?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 18:26:36 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

"Right." The man said with a nod, before Leon bounded off towards the Champ.

At his request, the Stoutland began barking enthusiastically, suddenly filled with a well of boundless positive energy as it darted past the two men and began its way down the pass, stopping just short of disappearing from sight to bark at them to keep up.

"Oh...? Someone's enthusiastic today." The blonde said as he rose to his full height, brow tilted. "What could have possibly gotten him so excited?"

Scratching at his cheek briefly, Gwyar eventually shrugged his shoulder before beginning to run after Leon, who began to move the moment they all gave chase.

"Has the sword I lent served you well?" Asked the knight as they ran after the canine.

He didn't quite trust himself to craft the young man's sword just yet. He felt needed quite a bit more guidance from before he gave it a try.

His gaze dragged over to Terrakion.

"Has Ser Terrakion sparred with you yet?" Though it wasn't a fair fight by any means, Cobalion often sparred with .

Gwyar believed it was good— both for their relationship, and Melody's swordsmanship. Not to mention Gwyar himself— he had no clue how Cobalion (and the Cloud's effigy of Zacian) wielded swords with such sublime skill in their mouths.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 10:18:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he brought the weapon of question with him today coincidentally, or rather, he was conditioned to bring it every time he meets up with gwyar.

"it's good for workout," he answers shamelessly but honestly. "i'm getting pretty good at it too if i must say so."

it was unwieldy, but over time, his body gets accustomed to having an extension of his body. it's not much different to batons he's used as a part of his job before.

"spar? does coballion do that with melody?" he asks, and also indirectly answers, gwyar. "i guess i'm not on that level yet, then."

the only interaction he's had with terrakion was him overseeing the training. he follows a regimen given to him by gwyar, and it was the sword of justice who makes sure it's done correctly.

"i guess i'm not that good yet." he continues to follow the lead, feeling the weight of the weapon on his back. "when did coballion start doing it with melody? i'm not behind on the timeline, i hope."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 17:22:07 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

He had gotten kinda used to Kyleisms by now, chuckling at the other's blunt honesty.

"Glad you've found it of use." The man said with a smile as the sprinted. "And that's great to hear! Let's put those skills to the test sometime!"

With Kyle's body, he wouldn't have been surprised if the youth had some preternatural talent for swordsmanship— may as well test his progress out!

Speaking of sparring, though—

"I don't believe level has anything to do with it!" The man said with a chuckle, shaking his head. "Ser Cobalion was Ms. Miro's sparring partner from the moment they began."

Which meant the decision was up to Ser Terrakion, he supposed. His gaze shifted over to large sword of justice, smiling.

"Perhaps Ser Terrakion is waiting for another form of growth before granting you a spar?" He suggested, taking a guess.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 16:16:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i suppose," he admits. "compared to melody, i guess he can tell i don't have the same drive as her."

he sighs.

"i feel for him though. it would be a waste if i don't have my head in the game."

he turns to his pokemon, and then to the sword on his hand. he raises it up, having been accustomed to its weight already that it doesn't feel as clunky as it was on the first day.

"alright, fine. i'll do it with this." it sounds so weird to use a medieval weapon when he has pokemon. his face turns to the stoutland. "leon, are we there yet? i'm ready to fight."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 23:54:28 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

"And why is that?" Gwyar asked the younger man, wishing he could run and take notes at the same time. "Ms. Melody's sworn to never become a victim again. I believe that is, at least partly, what drove her to train."

He supposed he couldn't fault Kyle for not possessing the same drive, given he had essentially started out of curiosity.

That aside—

"Pardon?" He said with a measure of shock, glancing between Kyle, his great sword, and Ser Terrakion. Before he could let Kyle know that swords against guns was a terribly lopsided match up even before one accounted for pokemon—

Leon barked, staring at the champion excitedly before bounding forward yet again, rushing through the trees of the mountainous area until it lead them to——

"Ah— is that the fiery path?" Gwyar began to say as the entrance to the cavern systems appeared before them.

Leon ignored it entirely, bounding beyond it towards a...

Bush?

Leon grind to a halt before the suspiciously bulky bush, sniffing and pawing at it whilst growling, eyes narrowing as he baped at its leaves repeatedly.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 11:38:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he supposed that was their difference. kyle wasn't a main character for he lacked the exposition of his story, being thrown straight to the climax of an already existing one and acting as an independent side character with a life of his own.

he needs an objective, and terrakion was there to help him find the start of his journey.

the stoutland's discovery gives kyle a reason to distract themselves from the previous topic. lead to a suspicious spot, the unnatural formation of nature around it leads kyle to a conclusion that dates to his childhood.

"ooh, they still did this?" he comments, surprised. "i did a lot of secret base hunting when i was a kid. this is fun."

he steps forward with his sword at hand. both hands grip its hilt as he raises the weapon up. "usually, it's a pokemon that clears it, but-"

kyle pierces the shrubbery with the giant sword, managing to cut through thick brambles and thorns to reveal a hollow entrance. a commotion like that would attract attention, whether it's from outside or in.

instead of charging in, he waits by the entrance, stepping just outside the vision of someone who'd come out of a secret base.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 18:32:59 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

Gwyar is quick to catch on, stepping out of sight as well, whistling at Leon to follow.

A wise choice by their champion— those inside the secret base noticed the breach almost too quickly.

"Who's out there?!" Shouted someone from inside, followed by the familiar sound of a cocking gun, and the guttural growl of a... canine?

Sounded... dark and fiery.

Gwyar's brow furrowed, eyes narrowing. A secret base so near to the site of the crime was hardly a good spot to hunker down— specially when the perps had 'goods' they needed to get elsewhere.

They must've been waiting for a transpor—

BANG BANG!

Gun shots flew out of the hole, entirely missing them but nonetheless making Leon flinch, the large dog shoving his ears down with his paws.

"You've got 3 seconds to come out, or my friend hre will! One! Two! Thr—"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 10:14:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his grip loosens, shifting the way he holds the sword as the count down runs.

one! two! thr—

kyle drops to a squat and swings the flat side of the sword towards the hunter's legs, gauging the swipe to hit the back of their knees as they pass through. it destroys part of the thorny entrance of the secret base, but the collateral doesn't matter in this scenario.

on the other hand, it collapses the majority of the base's only exit, leaving the person who checked stranded outside with them as kyle has cut off the only entry way his backup could have used.

"i'm not good with interrogations," he tells gwyar as he shifts the sword once more in his grip. "i'm too soft to actually push buttons. can you do it instead?"

he notices he missed something crucial.

"please?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 14:14:46 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

The hunter's knee caves forward as Kyle's sword smashes behind them, the man struggling to find his balance and strength before getting bodily tackled to the floor by Gwyar's large frame.

"Well done! I don't think we need to worry about interrogations—" He said to the younger man as he shoved the struggling man's face into the dirt, wrestling his arms behind his back as he got out his cuffs. His gaze shifted back to Kyle and the base a moment later, noting the collapsed entrance. "Yet."

Oh.

"Never mind me, then!" He said, proceeding to roll the man under him onto his back. "I can take the lead in the interrogations— but I'm afraid I'll need your assistance all the same, Mr. Lopez."

Terrakion was there, watching, after all. Best to keep Kyle fully involved into the proceedings, and in any case...

"Have you ever played 'good cop, bad cop' at your precinct?" He asked the other cheerfully.

He couldn't run that particular grift on his own.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 4:10:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we have, but it usually isn't me doing any of those parts. i'm really bad at talking."

kyle lopez, one of the most passive people that worked on slateport police department during his time, was often delegated to jobs he can usually work on his own time. this often included investigation, information gathering and patrols, and excluded criminal interrogations.

though he had experience, it doesn't mean he was good at it.

"in any case, we can just beat it out of it." he rests the sword against a nearby boulder. "pokemon get physical in nature. self-defense from wild creatures aren't unheard of."

from his pockets, he takes out his gloves and starts to fasten them in his hands. it's used to train his grip with the sword, but usage of objects around kyle's creativity aren't one-dimensional

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 0:57:52 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

"O-oh! I see." Whatever Kyle's thoughts on his talents were, he seemed quite competent at the game from Gwyar's perspective— though not in the role the blonde would've casted him in.

The man cuffed beneath Gwyar's weight struggles mightily (and crassly) after hearing Kyle's apparent intent to beat the very loving answers out of him, shouting rather defiant lines in the air like a good enemy npc.

"I ain't done nothing wrong! You ain't got nothing!" Barked the NPC while seemingly attempting to break out of his cuffs through sheer physical might alone.

It did not work, naturally.

"Now now, sir, I'm sure we can all come to an amicable resolution to this problem." Gwyar said with a smile as he casually forced the man onto his back, the rest of his weight landing on his cuffed hands. "Patient though I may be, my companion here is quite eager to finish up here and return home. So I would suggest you comply as promptly as able."

The npc snarled at them, clearly unintimidated despite Gwyar's size.

"I ain't got nothing to tell you or your lil' sh—" His gaze swiveled towards Kyle as he went to insult him, before pausing short of saying anything as his eyes fell upon the younger man's mug, his face turning white as a sheet.

Oh hey.

That was the Hoenn League's Champion.