part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
SECRETS OF THE SWORD VOL. 2: SPIRIT
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 1:58:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
]
kyle turns to his side. "terrakion."

eyes of a beast stare onto the poacher's soul. despite the legends of unova not being as widespread as they are on hoenn, the presence exuded by the sword of justice alone was enough to threaten.

"you're explaining at the precinct instead, right?" kyle reiterates, trying to weave a story for the poacher himself. "you'll cooperate and thank us for protecting you from terrakion's tendency to fight back against injustice to pokemon, right?"

there was no more response.

defeated, the opposition stops being aggressive against them and resigns himself in self-preservation.

kyle turns to gwyar and picks up his weapon. spruce trees rustle in the wind as terrakion continues to glare at the criminal. "that means we have to get back to the city soon, i guess."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 17:09:24 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

VOL. 2: SPIRIT, CHAPTER 1, EXCERPT BY

Gwyar turned his gaze back to the entrance of the secret base as Kyle and Terrakion took over the interrogation/intimidation.

As the champion finished off what little will to resist was left in the man, Gwyar turned back to him, responding to his words with a thumb over his shoulder.

"Not just yet." He said. "We should look in there."

There may be more poachers still— they still had to find and free the poached pokemon, too.

"I'll take the lead this time, Mr. Lopez." He said as he stepped towards the secret base, his hand drifting to the blade at his hip as he entered. "Let's go."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 2:24:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he would complain and whine, but it was difficult to do when what was presented to him made sense.

kyle turns to terrakion, who he thinks chose the wrong person for his mission due to kyle's own lethargy for justice, before turning back to gwyar.

"right behind you," he responds before following after.

he gives one last look at the criminals apprehended, contrasting the glare from terrakion. a stomp from its foot releases a spike of stone edge right beside them as warning should they escape.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 20:20:18 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

The poor, unfortunate criminal nearly pisses himself as a boulder jabs out of the ground riiight besides his head.

Not going anywhere, that one.

For his part, Gwyar chuckles, shaking his head before taking the lead, stepping down into the hole.

It goes deep— as one might expect from a secret base. Gwyar is light on his feet as he advances, conscious of both the champ and terrakion behind him, as well as the possible dangers ahead.

Should there be any other poachers ahead, the fact their fellow had not returned yet would surely be suspicious.

Reaching into his belt, Gwyar produced a pokeball, before releasing his Rotom onto the field.

Q took the stage, a grin on his face as he looked around in the sudden dark— before zooming in to get a better look at Kyle and terrakion, the bioluminescence of his own body reflecting on their faces.

"Q." Gwyar intoned, somewhat reproachful. On, well, cue, the rotom spun to face him, flashing back towards him. "Scout ahead. If their pokemon aren't out... take them down."

Q nodded with a grin, before disappearing into the wall.

Gwyar nodded back at Kyle and Terrakion, before continuing their advance.

Q's head slid out of rock. The tunnel had lead into a wide open area— one poorly furnished, however.

On one end of the chamber, a box replete of ultra balls could be seen.

Three men were sat on some plastic stools around a wooden table, all holding cards in their hands. A deck was at the center, and before the sole unocupied stool, a hand of cards had been left.

Casually, one of the man reached over to check the abandoned cars. None of the other two stopped him or said anything really, merely sighing as they all looked back at the tunnel.

"He's taking forever." One of them noted, scowling.

Another slowly reached for his belt, humming thoughtfully.

"Think he might've...?"

"Tch."

Slowly, both men stood up, hands on their belts. The man looking under the discarded cards groaned, dropping his own cards before rising as well.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 3:33:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
gwyar is taking things with safety in mind.

kyle doesn't mind being reckless with these kinds of missions since that's how used he is with these sitautions, but he gets him. the champion is usually the one taking the initiative to slow it down, but it felt refreshing for someone else to observe it.

he carries the sword around, following after the knight, but the weight and size of it eventually works against their favor within the tight corridors of their hideout.

a metallic clang echoes. it was faint and soft, but it's a foreign sound in an otherwise quiet secret base.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 22:40:39 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

The metallic clang echoes, and Gwyar slowly turns to look at Kyle, then his sword.

"Haaah... I'll instruct you in half-swording after this." He promises the other man— whilst sounds of rushing steps, and perhaps more alarming, canine panting fill the caverns around them.

Something's rushing towards them...

So Q came out, on cue, to let them know.

"They released the Houndooms!" He yelped just as one dark silhouette leapt out of the dark for Gwyar, the man raising his arm.

"You don't say!" Razor canines clamped around a steel gauntlet as the force threw the blonde against a stony wall, the man quickly finding purchase upon the rocky surface to swing his arm around with a hefty grunt, throwing back the pokemon.

It landed nimbly on its paws, it's maw beginning to glow a bright orange—
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 16:17:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle raises the sword in front of him, holding it parallel of his body.

it's supposed to be a defensive stance that uses the large size of the sword to block attacks, but he lunges at it, following up the blow that gwyar's gauntlet had thrown at the pokemon.

steel blocks the pokemon's maw until embers pour out on what little opening had been left. kyle lets go before heat transfers to his hands and kicks the weapon alongside the houndoom.

"shit," he spits in frustration. "that was a cute dog."

the weight of the sword, alongside the force behind the kick, leaves the pokemon on the ground.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 17:15:51 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

Gwyar looked over his gauntlet, noting the way it had nearly caved in and crushed his wrist under the force of the canine's jaws.

"I beg to differ." He grumbled, foreseeing a day of work at the forge after this, shaking off the numbness running along his arm as he turned his gaze over to the dark depths of the pit.

"Mr. Lopez— I've changed my mind. I'll be teaching you half-swording right now." He said as the sound of rushing steps reached them once more. Drawing his sword in an instructive manner, one of the blonde's hands left the sword's handle to grip the blade instead, holding firmly. "It is utilized to control the point of the blade and better reach gaps in the enemy's armor. In small spaces, the control is useful."

The kept coming closer— and more the shadows, a Liepard suddenly lunged out with its jaws gleaming. Gwyar brought his sword into its path, bracing himself before letting it bite into the steel, before slamming the large feline to the floor in front of Kyle.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 5:30:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he picks up the sword and copies the stance that gwyar employs for half-swording.

"yeah, this is better."

kyle was always about control and precision over force. he feels more in his element with being able to handle the sword in a manner where it's easier to control, though it does not excuse him from straying further from using brute force.

he adapts easily, but he isn't able to show expertise immediately.

when the liepard jumps and gwyar is quick to deflect the attack away, landing the limp body to the ground. with the newly learned half-swording technique, kyle immediately goes to the first thing that comes to mind.

he punts the liepard away with the flat side, throwing it to terrakion at the back, who properly knocks it out with the houndoom.

"i think i can handle things better with this," he tells gwyar. "do you have any other tips to handle a large blade like this better?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 20:49:56 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

He released a relieved sigh as the Liepard was thrown besides the unconscious Houndoom, before smiling wryly at the champ.

"Ah, well... Hmm... When simplified, a spear is just a stick with a point, Yes?" He said after a moment. "One can conceptualize a large sword similarly; an inability to swing is not necessarily an inability to stab, bludgeon or parry."

Casually, he spun around his sword to hold it wholly by the blade. Unlike Kyle's zweihander, his wasn't large enough to be nearly as impeded by the narrow pathways and low ceiling, but it certanily didn't have it easy either.

Still, Gwyar swung the pommel to a nearby, outcropping rock, cracking right off as if a hammer had struck.

"Calling it an all-purpose tool would be extreme hyperbole, but it's still a tool. If all you have is your sword, it's best to not let yourself be too constrained in how you use it."

As he finished saying this, the sounds of nearing steps reached them once again— before a blinding light suddenly cut through the dark, a strong lantern shining over the champ, cop and Sword of justice.

"Oi knew we had rats scurrying about!" Boomed a stoutly man as a pokeball grew to size in his hand.

Besides him, another man raised up a gun.

"Don't bother. I've got this." He said, clearly not noticing the giant sheep horse standing between the two men as he raised the gun to Gwyar's chest.

The blonde seemed unconcerned.

Given how unnaturally dark his shadow was, and the tendrils of purple fabric already beginning to come out, it was probably for a reason.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 2:25:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was trained to handle an armed suspect during his time in the force. a flag is raised in his head in the sight of one.

unlike pokemon, there's little time for them to act between the pressing the trigger and the bullet's travel time.

without a word, kyle swings the two-handed sword upwards with one hand in an arc that hits the gunman with its flat side. drugged by adrenaline, the short burst of power was a show of control rather than brute force.

for someone like gwyar who can recognize movements easily, the act is akin to the same swing one does with a police baton. the only difference was the extreme size difference.

"ah. i panicked."

a tool was a tool, as gwyar said.

it just so happens that kyle was more proficient with blunt weapons that the transition to similar weapons came with ease when the familiarity was cemented on his head.

the criminal lied on the ground as kyle's heart beats fast, contrary to the face of calm in his expression. one more target remained, and kyle can't count on terakion on making use of the little space provided in the tunnels.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 0:21:47 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

SECRETS OF THE SWORD

Kyle 'panicked' and smashed the gun right out of the man's hand before any of them could react.

A brief look of shock passed over everyone's faces— one that grew into alarm when large curtains suddenly launched out the blonde officer's shadow.

Tyrian purple in color, the fabric wound around the chests of the two man in front firmly before yanking them down to the floor, the men's faces growing pale and their limbs heavy as if filled with lead.

Gwyar launched forward in the Aegislash's wake, rushing the man in the backrow and football-tackling him to the ground roughly.

"Arg— #%^%$&, MY ARM! POLICE BRUTALITY!" Screamed the man as Gwyar pinned him to the ground, pulling the other's arm behind his back while glancing over his shoulder, smiling wide at Kyle.

"Dazzling work, Officer Lopez!" He said, looking almost proud. "You internalized that rather quickly!"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 15:10:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"a short sword definitely fits me more," he concludes after the expedition.

it was light and compact, taking less effort to wield compared to other options. it was also the most simple and the one he can most easily transition into given his experience on other tools he has used in his life.

"but a zweihander doesn't seem that bad."

it's a symbolic at best, but one that he desperately needs in this era.

it's hefty enough to force him to do more than the minimum. it's clumsy enough to force him to rely on might rather than cheap parlor tricks. it's heavy enough to pay major dividends if he can reach the skill ceiling.

he mostly ignores the apprehended criminals by now. kyle is with someone responsible enough to take over anyways, and he can take a step back and let him do the formal work.

"can you take them back to the precinct?" he asks as a favor. "i think i'll accompany terrakion in making sure the poached pokemon are safe."

it's an excuse, but it's something he'll do nonetheless.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 23:28:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: