Guillermo Marceliño
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 16:31:02 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","membopan"]
[attr="class","membopkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon flygon"]
[attr="class","membopkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon wooloo"]

[attr="class","membo"]
The ride back from the Crater is… tense. Memo writes it off as lingering stress and discomfort from having flown for their lives away from the spray of toxic fumes and generalized Ultra Beast fallout.

Alex hasn’t said a word to him since he’d stood above him and glared down at him, demanding to be told… all about something, Memo wasn’t sure.

His skin was tacky with sweat and dust as Nike brought them in for landing; he slid off of her back, stroked her head, and let her take to the air to have some freedom zipping around the Sanctuary and Fortree at large.

“I’m going to take a shower,” he called to his other half, slicking a hand through his sweat-damp hair and making a face. Getting dirty was one thing, staying dirty was entirely another. “If I wasn’t so gross, I’d ask you to join me.”

The option was still there, of course, as he headed for the rooftop door.

[attr="class","membot"]
[attr="class","memboc"]

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.membo] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px; font-family: nunito, sans-serif!important; font-size: 13px!important; [/newclass][newclass=.membo blockquote]line-height: 17px!important; border-radius: 0px 5px 5px 5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.membo b] letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass][newclass=.membo i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.membo u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.membopan]border-left: solid 1px #232323; width: 55px; float: left; margin-left: 57px; height: 100%; margin-top: 40px; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; background-color: #2b2b2b; border-radius: 5px 0px 0px 5px;[/newclass][newclass=.membopkmn]border-top: solid 1px #232323; height: 60px; width: 55px; text-align: center; border-radius: 3px 0px 3px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.membopkmn span] margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -12px; [/newclass][newclass=.membot] text-align: right; margin-bottom: -20px;[/newclass][newclass=.membot a]font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 3px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.memboc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-43px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 0:54:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“We’re not going anywhere—not at least, until, I get answers.”

The blue-plumed Braviary was looking at him strangely, still getting the weird, uneasy feeling the longer that his crazy human talked like that.

(Because there was no way in hell he knew that Alexei talked like that. Absolutely bar none.)

“Look at me,” he continued in that same quiet, dangerous voice.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 22:15:50 GMT

[attr="class","membo"]
Memo was tired. The Crater explorations always left him drained, and to make matters worse, he was constantly reminded of its presence, where it beat and warped the air around it, deeper in Fortree. They could see it from the sanctuary.

Alex’s voice was low and dangerous-- but Memo, long since lured into ease with his boyfriend, paid it no mind.

“Um, no,”
he snorted, reaching for the rooftop door, “I’m going to take a shower, like I just said. And you’re welcome to join me.”

Maybe he hadn’t been obvious enough. Maybe they were both overtired.

He did pause at the command, turning around to look at Alex with incredulously knit brows.

“I’m sorry? I don’t know what I did to make you mad, but can we talk about it later, please? I’m exhausted.”

[attr="class","membot"]
[attr="class","memboc"]

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.membo] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px; font-family: nunito, sans-serif!important; font-size: 13px!important; [/newclass][newclass=.membo blockquote]line-height: 17px!important; border-radius: 0px 5px 5px 5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.membo b] letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass][newclass=.membo i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.membo u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.membopan]border-left: solid 1px #232323; width: 55px; float: left; margin-left: 57px; height: 100%; margin-top: 40px; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; background-color: #2b2b2b; border-radius: 5px 0px 0px 5px;[/newclass][newclass=.membopkmn]border-top: solid 1px #232323; height: 60px; width: 55px; text-align: center; border-radius: 3px 0px 3px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.membopkmn span] margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -12px; [/newclass][newclass=.membot] text-align: right; margin-bottom: -20px;[/newclass][newclass=.membot a]font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 3px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.memboc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-43px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 20:49:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’m not moving until you answer my one question,” he continued.

Never mind if he was tired, there was this burning desire for him to know, because that strange mist from where they’d come from had seemingly triggered something inside him—the fierce itch to know.

“Why did you leave me back there when I couldn’t see anything? You promised… that you wouldn’t.”

Maybe that would be enough.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 17:40:31 GMT

[attr="class","membo"]
Memo stood in the doorway with the thing half open, his internal, subconscious anxiety at letting all the AC out momentarily put on hold by the strangeness of Alex’s behavior.

He squints, confused, thinking back over what he thought Alex was talking about: their most recent trip to the crater. But Alex hadn’t lost his sight there, had he?

“I don’t… I’m sorry. When did you…”

He trailed off, realization dawning on him, slowly. Like a hit to the head.

“Unless you mean…”

Then. Then. Memo’s stomach lurched, like he’d just taken a gutpunch.

“I’m so confused. Why are you bringing this up now? We’ve talked about this. At length.” And he didn’t not want to go through it, necessarily, it was just so strange. He’d said his piece and cried himself out and felt horrible about it and Alex had basically told him to stop martyring himself about it. Memo wasn’t stupid enough to totally let himself off the hook, but he’d thought, at least, he’d been forgiven.

At any rate, he’d long ago explained himself and didn’t so much know why Alex was picking now to go sifting through dirty laundry. And he did think, maybe, slightly, that Alex wasn't acting normal, but he didn't want to point that out for fear of it seeming like he was changing the subject, being shifty, or avoiding blame. If Alex wanted to have it out with him right now, Memo would bow his head and take his lashings.

But still. He wanted to know why.

"Did something happen? In the rift?"

[attr="class","membot"]
[attr="class","memboc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 17:09:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Not at the point where reality and the digital world crossed.”

That was what he would say first, before choosing his next words carefully.

“But at the crater, with the smoke. That mist. It brought up. More. More things that…”

He fell silent as he quickly raised a hand to one side of his head and pressed it hard, gritting his teeth as more of the ‘holes’ were revealing themselves in flashes.

He had to close his eyes as hard as possible to fight off the sudden explosion of pain that erupted from the back of his head.

“It brought up. More. More answers to… to what happened last year.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 21:19:14 GMT

[attr="class","membo"]
He didn’t understand. Alex was talking in circles, and Memo was lost. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out.

Despite his antagonistic behavior, Alex’s face flashed with pain, and Memo was walking forward with his hands outstretched, the open door and bath and rest forgotten. He hovered his hands, inches away from touching.

“Are you okay?” Memo knows Alex's isn't but he still can't help but ask, his innate nature to care overpowering his fear and dread.

[attr="class","membot"]
[attr="class","memboc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 19:54:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You told me most of what happened.”

That much, was true. However fact of the matter is, under normal circumstances, he would normally be unable to recall it due to the gaping holes in his memory of that incident.

“Most, but not all of it,” he breathed out, biting back another hot flash of pain that shot through his head.

“Not all of it.”

He steadied himself, taking another breath.

“Y-you left me, and Kaida, to fend for ourselves.”

Another quiet little hiss of pain.

“Is that why. Is that why Gabriel hates you?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 20:50:13 GMT

[attr="class","membo"]
Memo had become a different person when his compassion had been deleted in the Cloud, all those long months ago. And for a long time, the awful images of what he’d done, what he’d said, had lived at the forefront of his brain, bright like screaming sirens, hot irons he used to torture himself and make sure he never forgot.

But Alex had been a balm. Alex had told him it was okay because he didn’t remember, anyway. It was okay, he was forgiven, it was okay, it was okay.

Over time, Memo had let himself forget, a little. Let the edges seam together, scar up, and fade. Just a little. Just enough to give him the smallest bit of peace.

“I told you,” he said, trying to find his footing though the world around him was beginning to crumble and shake, “I told you I had been changed. That I should have been with you and protected you better. Verbatim, I’ve said that.” He swallowed, dropping his hands like they’d been burnt. “You told me it was alright. That it already happened. Why are you bringing it up now?”

Still, he can’t argue the truth when it is so shining and sharp.

“Yes. That’s why Gabe hates me. But I was different. I was changed.”

[attr="class","membot"]
[attr="class","memboc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 18:05:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He may think it’s alright, but I beg to differ.”

The way his voice was fluctuating between the warm, familiar dulcet tones the other had gotten accustomed to and the harsh, cold, razor-blade sharp intonation he’d adopted as the pain continued to wreak havoc in the back of his head was all the more apparent…

“You know,” he continued in that same, quiet, dangerous little hiss, “…if he wasn’t so damned-ass weak and needed my help I’d have left, after what happened. Protect him from you, from the cowardice, the betrayal, the—”

Another hot flash of pain wracked his head; before he swung his head around violently, as if trying to shake something away.

“H-help,” the familiar voice would plead, grabbing onto the closest part of his partner that he could reach.

“H-help me, M-Memo.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 18:56:03 GMT

[attr="class","membo"]
He was very tired, but even on a normal day, without the bone-deep exhaustion dragging at him, this kind of weirdness would be too much to put up with.

“What is your deal?” he asked in an uncharacteristic snap. “What are you talking about--,”

Then Alex’s voice changed-- REALLY changed, and his hands grabbed onto Memo, one hard on his forearm, the other tangling in the front of his shirt. He doubled over, eyes creasing with pain.

“...Alex?”

Like gravity, the two were drawn together. Even if Alex had just spent the last ten minutes being rude and abrasive, Memo still went to him, one arm wrapping around his partner’s waist, the other pressed against his chest, where Alex’s fluttering heartbeat sounded under his palm.

“What is going on?”

Memo may not have known what to do, but someone did. From behind him, something clicked, and, like an angel, Zuza appeared in a beam of sparkling light. She surged forward and placed the tip of her horn to Alex’s chest, above Memo’s hand. A soft, pink glow flowed from Pokemon to human, as she began to pull the broken barriers together in his mind with her psychic and emotional prowess.

[attr="class","membot"]
[attr="class","memboc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:28:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The pain threatened to split his head apart the longer it lingered, the more the—the ugly voice had taken control of him and was literally trying to break out of him, to push the other away; however—

A warm, soft, pink light caught his bewildered eye as a very familiar horn had appeared from out of nowhere (see how out of touch his spatial awareness was) and a very familiar Galarian Rapidash had appeared from out of the blue; the very light weight of her horn glowing underneath Memo’s hand as he felt—something being forced shut in the back of his head.

For one thing, the migraine that was threatening to split his head apart into a million pieces was lessening in intensity, and all he could do was stare down at the light, trying to find his breath and trying not to upset the other man even more than he already had (without him realizing it).

“Th—thank you, Zuza,” he breathed out quietly, still feeling the warm radiance of the pink glow washing over him.

“It… it doesn’t hurt as bad now.”

Much as he wanted to just outright collapse, he couldn’t—not while they were both in a potentially awkward position; so he stood for as long as he could—at least until his legs would give out from under him some time afterward, once the pain had disappeared.

For now.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
mania [s, c]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 14:47:56 GMT

[attr="class","membo"]
He feels useless, and he hates it, hovering just slightly away, unsure of what Zuza’s actually doing and unwilling to go too far.

For being significantly shorter than Alex, Memo was surprisingly well versed in catching him when he fell, as demonstrated by how he managed to bundle most of his boyfriend’s body to his chest and lower them both down to the roof in a slow and controlled manner.

He pushes Alex’s sweaty hair out of his eyes and says through grit teeth, What is going on.”

[attr="class","membot"]
[attr="class","memboc"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights