part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 21:57:37 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Memo repays Alex’s soft attempted laugh with a chuckle of his own, thumb brushing over the curve of his cheek, collecting the tears gathering there.

“I’m sorry,” he says, forehead to forehead, “I’m sorry you had to go through it alone.”

And he is deeply, deeply sorry. But this isn’t the moment to dwell on such apologies, so he kisses Alex again.

“Want to take a bath with me?”

[attr="class","leypoke"]
[newclass=.ley]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.leymain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:80px 45px 45px 45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.leytag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass][newclass=.ley b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ley i] color: #808080; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ley u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #808080; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ley a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.leypoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 22:27:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Alone. Like… like what happened… in the light.”

He could recall by now, most of the details of the little disaster that happened when they were trapped between the virtual and the real world, and crinkled his brows together.

“Maybe I am. Such a self-sacrificing… little shit,” he chuckled quietly, his shoulders shaking with the mirth he was experiencing at the moment.

As for the offer of taking a bath? Together? Right now?

“As long as. As long as you stay with me, then. Then I wouldn’t mind doing anything you want with… with you.”

Never mind if he still felt a little unwell, or was it because of the disparity between the two time periods that still refused to settle like ripples on the surface of water…

“Do… do you mind, if. If first thing, tomorrow… we go to. To the hospital?” he went on, the edge in his voice dissipating the longer he stayed, the longer he was around—the more of his partner he took in.

Normally it would be a tooth and nail fight to even get him to go to Fortree General on the worst days.

timelined right after the end of the rusted sword raid; dorime

:dorime:

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 22:37:51 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Memo frowns, but he quickly soothes the expression away with more kisses. He doesn’t need the reminder that Alex has had to go through terrible things all by himself, because of his own failings.

His mouth curves into a smile as he kisses Alex’s cheek. “I did say that, huh?”

Since it seems like Alex isn’t about to fall over again, quite yet, Memo sits him up and stands, legs complaining after being bent and squashed for so long. “C’mon,” he says, gently grabbing Alex by his upper arms and pulling to get him up alongside him. “You can sit in the tub and I’ll wash your hair. Get you into some dry clothes.”

Alex’s request makes him still, mouth thinning.

“Yeah, of course. First thing tomorrow.” It should’ve worried him, but he’d spent so long trying to get Alex to go to the goddamn doctor. “But I’m sure you’ll feel a little better with some warm food and sleep.”

[attr="class","leypoke"]
[newclass=.ley]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.leymain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:80px 45px 45px 45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.leytag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass][newclass=.ley b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ley i] color: #808080; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ley u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #808080; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ley a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.leypoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 22:44:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You did. You absolutely did.”

Now even his legs were complaining—like how white noise appears on TV, only a whole lot fucking worse—as he allows the other to pull him up standing.

And it’s only now he noticed something else

“Your… your hair,” he remarked in that same quiet voice, one hand reaching up to run his own fingers through what was now decidedly short locs. “You… what happened to your hair?

It was no longer as long as he remembered, that was for certain.

The soft jingling of a crown then caught his attention, and a very concerned ovine stared up at him.

“H-hi, Will,” he continued. “Why do you look… look so funny.”

‘Baa!’ came the emphatic baa’ing answer from the Wooloo.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 23:03:18 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Memo didn’t say what he was thinking, which was he was right, for the record. Alex was a self-sacrificing little shit with a hero complex.

A long time ago, Memo’d thought the same of himself, but if anything, his staunch refusal to assist in the Galarian drama was proof of the opposite. It struck a dissonant chord within him, like he was becoming a stranger to himself; but this was a think for different times, as Alex pawed at his shortened hair.

“I cut it off,” he said, shaking his head. “I… well. I was stressed. And also it’s easier to maintain. And cooler.” He takes Alex’s hands in his own and spins him, walking backwards towards the bathroom. “And Will looks the same as he always does, don’t worry.”
[attr="class","leypoke"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 23:08:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He looked a little teary-eyed again, but only because this time the cause was something different.

“I’m going to miss your long hair,” he hummed wistfully as he followed Memo towards the bathroom; never mind if he was still wearing his soaking wet clothes all the same.

The Wooloo, on the other hand, could only sigh and shake his head at the two crazy humans—he dared not follow them into the bathroom, anyway. Who knew what they were going to get up to in there?!

“But then again, when was the last time y-you cut your hair, Rapunzel?” he teased.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 23:11:49 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]A bath, Will. Alex was going to take a bath.

“It’s just hair, sweetheart,” Memo said, tugging Alex into the bathroom and spinning to shut the door with his hip. “It grows back.”

He set to work unravelling Alex’s wet scarf. The tub had already been prepared, filled with hot water and steaming; dry clothes had been laid out on the counter.

“A minute,” he said, eyes going wide at the word. “Like, well over three years. So it was time, I think.”
[attr="class","leypoke"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 23:17:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Fact of the matter was that he did not even blink at the mention of the hot bath (as you know him, he likes his showers as cold as possible) so wouldn’t that be a little alarming in and on itself, hm?

“And I thought it was growing for more than… more than that,” he cackled softly, fingers fumbling as he struggled to get the soaking-wet jacket off himself while Memo handled wet scarf duty.

Pruny fingers, why were you such a bane to deal with?

“My. My hair got all funny while we were all stuck there,” he thought back, now that he had a calmer moment to think about things.

It turned purple. How weird is th-that?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 23:41:34 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]The scarf made a wet schlop noise as Memo tossed it in the sink, letting Alex muss about with his jacket. “Probably. I can’t remember the last time I had a real haircut.”

At the mention of Alex’s hair turning funny colors, Memo reaches up and brushes damp strands of it behind his boyfriend’s ear.

“That is very strange. How purple we talking?”
He asked, squinting, as though trying to imagine it.

While Alex finished derobing, Memo started gathering all the good shampoos and conditioners and nice smelling soaps. Yes, Alex was a Glalie that liked everything cold, but Memo’s abuela’s prescription for everything had been a hot bath and cold, spicy soup, so this was just step A on the road to recovery.

“Do you want to talk about it?” he asked, as an afterthought, because even though he was dying to know, he didn’t want Alex to be uncomfortable.
[attr="class","leypoke"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 0:00:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“As purple as my eyes,” he confirmed quietly as he stared at his reflection in the mirror above the sink.

“At least… for the first half of those twenty years, it turned purple. And then… after that, it turned white. Must… must be some strange magicks in the Hammerlocke air,” he added with a shrug.

“Because apparently, mentioned in passing that during the latter part of our stay there, my hair did the funny changing colors thing again and it grew out. Dunno why it behaved that way… but. Can… can you imagine that?

Once he’d shucked off the dripping shirt and hung it off the side of the sink, he stared at his reflection in the mirror again.

“This. M-my hair, turning purple, and then going white again?” he went on, a concerned frown crossing his face as he absently scratched at the discolored line of skin that marred his neck.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 20:25:38 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Memo checked the temp of the water as Alex’s voice got a little dreamy, and when he looked back, his boyfriend was staring at himself in the mirror as though shocked at what he was seeing.

“Or maybe some strange magicks in you,” he said softly, stepping up behind him to wrap his arms around Alex’s waist, forehead pressed to the center of his back, hoping to ground him here in the moment, in the familiarity he seemed so desperately to need.

“I can’t begin to imagine anything you went through,” he said, taking Alex by his hips and spinning him away from the mirror, leaning into his bare abdomen and resting his chin on Alex’s chest. “But it’s over, baby. You came back to me. Like we promised we would, yeah?”

[attr="class","leypoke"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 2:09:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Y-yeah,” he continued in that same quiet voice.

However, there were still troubling thoughts bothering him even though he was no longer facing the mirror above the sink.

“At. At first we all thought. We all thought we would be going back after. After a few hours. But. But those h-hours? They… they became days. And then weeks. And then, months—someone was keeping track of-of time, and it just. It.”

The words had gotten stuck in his throat, although he appreciated the grounding, comforting touch he felt around his waist.

“It got to be too much.”

His stare met the other, however the light that usually sparked behind his eyes was just simply not…there.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 22:18:02 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]He frowned up at his boyfriend, arms raising to loop around his neck. Standing on his tiptoes, Memo could just barely press his nose into the line of Alex’s jaw, ear to his chest.

“You’re home now. That’s what matters. You made it and you’re home.”

[attr="class","leypoke"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 14:38:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I… I did. I’m… here, but.”

He was so desperate to hold the other close he had no objections when Memo was literally right there, flesh and blood and bone and—

“Shit felt. Felt so much more lonely. W-without you, at… at my side.”

No, he was not going to propose. At least, not yet anyway because there was a time and place for all that.

All he craved right now was companionship, and…

Well, basically him. Not in the sexual way, just in the ‘please don’t leave me’ kind of comforting way.

“I’m. I’m sorry I left.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 17:34:18 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Memo listened to Alex’s jackrabbit heartrate under the confines of his ribcage, frowning.

“Don’t apologize. It’s over now.”

It was. He had Memo back, and Memo had him. That was the important part.

He stepped back an inch, two, knowing Alex wouldn’t want him to go too far.

“Let’s get you in the tub, yeah?”
he asked, taking Alex’s hand in both his own and kissing his fingers.
[attr="class","leypoke"]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights