awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 16:57:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Much as he wanted to retort back with ‘easy for you to say, you weren’t there’, he couldn’t.

He had no words left as he finally finished stripping down and ever so gingerly stepped into the bath tub—not wincing even if he knew the other had drawn a hot bath.

That was just how out of it he was as he slowly, painfully sank down into the water—normally he would be complaining and bitching a storm about the water, however the way his mind was ticking right now wasn’t exactly at full function therefore his descent into the tub was unnaturally quiet.

(Now if that wasn’t really a sign something was really wrong with him, then he didn’t know what else would be.)

He then stared at a certain point beyond the bath tub, the hot water hazing into a mist around him as the overwhelming feeling of tiredness caught up with him again.

“It… the water… the water’s nice,” he hummed quietly.

timelined right after the end of the rusted sword raid; dorime

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 21:22:43 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Alex, in his right mind, would have voiced displeasure at the temperature of the bathwater, but his silence sung out louder than any words he could have spoken. Memo frowned into the feeling as he ran shampoo over his palms, sudsed it up, and began to gently pet it through Alex’s hair.

He wasn’t okay, he wasn’t right, and that was obvious; but from what he was describing, he’d been through some traumatic shit. Memo wouldn’t expect him to be right.

“Yeah?” he said, voice curling up in a smile as he gently massaged Alex’s scalp, wondering what it would be like if the hair was purple, as he’d said. He wondered how dye would take to the gentle white-blonde strands and then shook his head as he rinsed his hands and said, “Close your eyes,” before cupping the water and beginning to sluice the fragrant soap from Alex’s hair.

[attr="class","leypoke"]
[newclass=.ley]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.leymain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:80px 45px 45px 45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.leytag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass][newclass=.ley b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ley i] color: #808080; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ley u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #808080; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ley a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.leypoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 0:50:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It… is,” he hummed quietly, letting the other do what ministrations he had to get to—which at the moment was mostly his hair, for the record.

Never mind if he leaned forward somewhat (the better for Memo reach all the way at the back) before he quietly released a minute little sigh he didn’t realize he was holding.

What was up with that?

“Y—you know,” he continued as he let the running water slither quietly down his face. “While. While everyone was stranded there… in that travesty of Galar,” he went on, getting what he wanted to say out as fast as he could before his bravado deserted him.

He swallowed a sharp breath before he continued.

“…there was a time, where I thought to myself, ‘what if you weren’t here anymore when I returned’, what would…would I do by then, do… do you want to… to know?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 19:13:09 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]He kept rinsing until he could ruffle his fingers through the wet strands and they’d come back clear, gently pushing his fingertips into the skin of Alex’s scalp, rubbing at the base of his neck with his thumbs.

When he was done, he reached for the bar of soap, palm dropping to squeeze Alex’s shoulder, keeping one point of contact on him at all times.

“That would never happen,” he said, voice calm and soothing. “I’d wait here for you forever. You know that.”

It would take everything in Memo to stay. He was a restless mover by nature. But Alex had given him heft and weight and permanence like he’d never known before.

[attr="class","leypoke"]
[newclass=.ley]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.leymain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:80px 45px 45px 45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.leytag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass][newclass=.ley b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ley i] color: #808080; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ley u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #808080; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ley a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.leypoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 19:36:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Even if… even if it took a hundred years, you’d… wait, for me?”

Even if there was thinly-veiled disbelief in his voice, he kept his gaze fixed on his partner’s movements throughout the entire time that he felt the knots in his hair unwind—even the knots he didn’t realize that had built up in the back of his neck as the water washed over him.

“You would… wait, for me…” he breathed out, his gaze still following Memo’s movements—never too far away from the opposite side of the bath tub.

“No matter what it takes, r-right?”

He had to resist the urge to break down right in front of his partner, again, because how many times had he broken down just for today?!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 20:33:41 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Well, sweetheart, he wanted to say, if it was a hundred years I’d probably be dead. But he doesn’t, because that seems rather callous right now, even as a joke, so he just smiles and says, “Of course.”

He sluices soap (scented like whiskey and smoke) from Alex’s shoulders with the warm bathwater, smoothing palms down his shoulders and arms.

“No matter what. Promise.”

The door creaks open and a dryer-warm, fluffy towel is plopped onto the bathroom floor. Memo kisses the back of Alex’s neck and reaches for the cottony fabric.

“Let’s get you dry and into bed.”

[attr="class","leypoke"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 17:50:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His arms are on the move before he could stop himself—some water splashing alerted his mind belatedly that he was moving, before he felt his own pale arms hold onto the other man, afraid of letting go.

If the other was sharp enough to notice, even his hold was shaking ever so slightly.

“I’m… I’m having… having a h-hard time trying n-not to break d-down, you know,” he breathed out quietly as he allowed his partner to get him up and out of the bathtub… if his legs would cooperate.

The warm water felt nice, after all.

“B-but… I’ll t-try not to. F-for you.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 20:27:58 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Foolish of Alex, to think that the person who loved him most in the world couldn’t tell when he was barely holding it together.

“I know, love,” he said, rumbling warmly into Alex’s chest, letting him touch or hold whatever was necessary as he began to rub the water away with warm, soft cotton. “You don’t have to hold it together. You’ve been through so much. Everyone needs a break, every now and then.”

He presses kisses up Alex’s sternum to the apple of his throat.

“I can just make sure you’re comfy while you do it.”

[attr="class","leypoke"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:14:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Can… can we sleep in tonight? Like… don’t go to work t-tomorrow. I’m tired. You’re the b-boss of the Rangers around here, they’ll understand you not coming in for one day s-should be fine…”

And then his stomach growled.

“We. We do have food, r-right?” he continued in that same quiet voice, never letting the other out of his sight or grabbing range.

“I’m… hungry.”

And not just for companionship, but for actual, good-ass, home-cooked food. Nothing else.

(Okay, maybe a bowl of instant ramen would be fine in this instance! Just a taste of home, really.)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
i’m coming home [m][c]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 15:35:27 GMT
[attr="class","ley"]
[attr="class","leytag"]
[attr="class","leymain"]Guillermo likes to think he’s a responsible man. He’s grown so much in his short time in Hoenn.

But when Alex needs him-- needs him needs him-- it’s remarkably easy to ignore his duties and give in.

Maybe he should feel bad about it.

He doesn't.

“Yeah. I can do that.” He pulls a clean shirt out of a pile on the counter and scrunches up the neck hole to reach up and over Alex’s head.

“I can make you something, if you want. Or we can order takeout. Bend down a little.”

[attr="class","leypoke"]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights