2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 2:18:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

taking place before the events in draconic
there are voices in the back of her head, quiet murmurings reminding her of shirking duties. her stomach twists and she awakens in a bed not her own, dresses clothes she knows are meant for her though she doesn't know why. 

in the bathroom mirror, palms splayed on the counter, she breathes deeply (and wishes it were pink) and with effort, last night comes back to her. 

tomorrow, 0900. eat, shit, 'n sleep again. wear the clothes next ta yer bed. and n'case it isn't obvious — don't be fuckin' late.

exhale. she checks the stitches on her leg, annoyed that she's impressed by his patch job. 

she isn't late. she grants him that courtesy, at least. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 2:28:45 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]king is late. by a few minutes, but when he saunters onto the mats, his expression is anything but remorseful.
[break][break]
"mm, ye made it. color me surprised." his eyes inspect the outfit, lips pursing in amusement. "very well. i can see yer slightly serious about this."
[break][break]
king rolls a shoulder.
[break][break]
"what'd ye eat this mornin'?"
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 2:40:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he's late. and it's irritating. without something to do, all she feels is that gnawing ache in her soul. the cloying feeling in her throat. her fingers are itching, telling her to grab lyune's ball and go. go as quickly as she can back to slateport and beg fernando to make it all go away. 

but he shows. 

she shifts her weight. "a banana - why?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 2:49:42 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]her answer elicits a frown.
[break][break]
"i ask 'cause i wanted ta be prepared."
[break][break]
slowly, barefooted, king begins to the circle the woman. she was nearly as pale as the mat itself.

[break]

notes

[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 2:55:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"you didn't exactly give me a meal plan," she snaps back hotly. his gaze is intense, so much so that it makes her want to raise her arms around herself, but she doesn't. she wouldn't give him the satisfaction. 

freya is lean. her appetite has been somewhat haywire ever since her first visit with king. most of her flat's fridge is filled with various proteins. thinking about her meat stew from a few days ago makes her stomach grumble.

her shoulders stiffen at his circling. eyes narrow. 

"is this completely necessary?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 3:18:39 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"mm, should i wipe yer ass ta? do ye need everythin' done 'fore ye darlin'?"
[break][break]
he smiles, wide and inviting; it was anything but.
[break][break]
"just wanted ta know 'fore hand what color yer vomit is going ta be."
[break][break]
her question could be perceived as a number of things. was she anxious? condescending? both?
[break][break]
he circles her nevertheless.
[break][break]
"who taught ye how ta fight little princess?"
[break]

notes

@name[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 3:26:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the only way she's going to vomit is if he calls her darlin' one more time. her face scrunches, lip curling up past her canines. her own expression isn't an overexaggerated mask. 

she watches him out of the corner of her eye and then turns her cheek to the other side, refusing to let him out of her sight while he looks at her like a piece of meat

"trained professionals provided to me by - " . "the league."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 3:46:48 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]king barks out a laugh; amusement laced with venom.
[break][break]
"it's no wonder then ye fight like ye just got done watchin' a fuckin' youtube video."
[break][break]
he stops, eyeing her like a piece of meat, grinning.
[break][break]
"i can see yer eager ta prove otherwise. OK. come at me princess. like ya want ta kill me. otherwise, i'd probably kill ye first."
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 3:53:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it doesn't sting. after all, she'd come here for his help because she knew it wasn't enough. or is it something else? they'd never drawn blood before, not really. never enough to make her head ache for hours afterward, blood on her teeth and something pink slipping from her nose. 

( almost like they couldn't. )

his look degrades, shifting from calculable to...sleazy. before the words are half out of his mouth she's already leaping forward, darting in close before she thrusts a palm out to his face.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 4:34:21 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]king suppresses a smile. contrary to her name, the princess's motives were an open book; she lacked all the decorum and stoicism of a real royal.
[break][break]
but that was part of the game.
[break][break]
the second her feet leave the ground, she's already lost. king ducks into her strike, fist barely moving as it lifts to catch her in the solar plexus. it was enough to take someone to their knees.
[break][break]
he slides past, slick as an eel, dangerous as a sharpedo.
[break][break]
"sloppy fer a princess. ye sure someone taught ye?"
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 4:48:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he lets her get in close. there is a triumphant flash over her mouth, but her face twists when king dodges quickly. less than a blink and her eyes are smarting. it feels like all of her organs have blasted away from the knuckles in her midsection. 

her breath comes out in a wheezing gasp and she sees black on the edge of her vision. 

distantly, she thinks, do not throw up. do not throw up. 

she is granted that mercy, at least.

but he moves past her and with no one there to hold her up, she crumples. her palms come out awkwardly to catch her and she heaves in unsteady gaits as her shocked lungs try to find a steady rhythm again.

"how is that - supposed - to help - me," she manages through a gasp. she staggers back up to her feet and stares at him a long moment before raising her fists again.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 5:24:34 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]king looks down on the woman, eyes pitiless.
[break][break]
"how's it suppost ta help ye? excellent question."
[break][break]
he sends a kick spiraling to the inside of her left knee, forcing her back down to one.
[break][break]
"pains a good motivation, wouldn't ye agree? ye put yer hand on a hot stove and burn yerself. are ye likely ta do that again? probably not."
[break][break]
though, judging freya's tenaciousness? she probably would.
[break][break]
"there's no rules in the real world. no time ta get ready inta a stance. ye fight ta win. you scratch, you bite, you cripple."
[break][break]
he squats down to face her.
[break][break]
"so that's what we're gonna do. you want ta live? ta be able ta wipe yer own ass at the end of the day? well, ye earn it. yer gonna fight in here like your life depends on it, princess."
[break][break]
he grins again, teeth flashing dangerous.
[break][break]
"cus it does."
[break]

notes

@name[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 5:44:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her 'excellent question,' in a perfect world, or even in a world that makes sense, would warrant her a professional pat on the back. instead, he kicks her knee in. she goes down with a pained yelp and a flush rises to her cheeks out of anger.

his analogy of hot stoves and fire makes her laugh through the pain though. she may not know combat or what it truly means to grapple for your life, but she commands dragons. their fire is explosive and unrivaled and it has snapped wildly at her, lashing and leaving scars. and she? she's only ever hungered for more. 

surely he wouldn't kill me.

swallowing most of her anger and her pain, with the heat on her cheeks having died down, she raises her head to meet his stare. he squats. that animal part of her, the one just under the seams of her skin, that presses and makes her hair stand on end when she feels danger. it keens lowly and tells her she may have gotten herself into a very bad situation

good

her stitches strain, but his handiwork holds fast (which she hates). so she gathers herself and scrambles away from him, putting enough distance so she can actually stand and watch for his next move. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 6:06:26 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"good, good."
[break][break]
he watches her back-off, a glint in her eyes that hinted at something more; something primal.
[break][break]
"it seems ye've touched upon the first lesson. fear. that little lizard part of yer brain, that itch? it's the most useful tool ye got. it'll keep you alive."
[break][break]
he stands to match her.
[break][break]
"you get it now, dontcha? i'm not fuckin' around. this isn't going to be one of yer pretty, rich girl vacations. if yer in, ye best be prepared to go all the way the fuckin' in. ya hear me?"
[break]

notes

@name[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
uncouth [past]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 6:16:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

this is what you wanted, she thinks.

and some smaller part of her brain, the part that had been more in control until very recently, whispers otherwise. 

throw in the towel, it coaxes. you want to burn, it reminds. you want to fall on your sword for the greater good - for him.

she shakes her head, fingers curling. is that what he's talking about? but no, no, it's not. that part of her isn't scared. it's malignant. it's ----. 

"yes," she says through gritted teeth, doing her best to shake away the new battlefield that's unearthed itself in the recesses of her brain. 

lyune, she would command to snap him up. or roast him alive. she would oppress him. but she's no lyune. her dragons can't help her here. but while she deliberates (and fantasizes about her salamence setting him on fire), she thinks about aeris

the dragonair doesn't have size or brute force on her side. if she's going to fight like a dragon, it will have to be like her. 

"well, come on then. try and kill me, wayland."