2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
tea time [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 0:02:17 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she blinked and vaguely resembled a wide-eyed hoothoot as a brief silence was allowed to settle.

"i - "

cait's mouth opened and closed as she stared at the woman, mind racing as her options were considered with the utmost care. her conscious, unsurprisingly, compelled her to extend her hand and accept the woman's request for friendship. unfortunately, she had little choice but to shake her head and deny her this boon. 

"
i wish i could," she said. "in a perfect world, perhaps. but i have to take into account your reputation, miss abbiati."

the young woman had worked hard to maintain her own image, having worked to ensure it wasn't marred by associating with the wrong people. she had risked so much to maintain a familial bond with  but she feared that openly allying herself with abbiati would be a mistake. 

"
perhaps when you've proven yourself to be competent in your chosen profession i'll beg your forgiveness and extend my hand in friendship."

cait appeared reluctant to deny her - to ruin the serenity of their meeting with words that were soft yet harsh and perhaps even cruel - but there was nothing to be done about it. 

"
i'm sorry. i really am. i respect you as a peer - but i don't know you - not truly. so i find it... difficult to trust you.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
tea time [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 7:26:22 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
“my reputation.” olivia repeated the words that haunted her. she wondered who had gotten to the little fae first. had it been the rumors from her coronation? or the council, silph and morningstar. perhaps even the champion had graced cait’s ear with wicked tales of the sea witch. it mattered not, for even in this most sacred of spaces, their own fates sealed by the same forces of nature, cait doubted her. a smart move. olivia’s smile did not fade, though her eyes lost the undertow of empathy. they were empty pools of ominous azure, ready to drown their next victim.

she blinked, long lashes heavy with the humidity of the subterranean lair. “of course. i am a foreigner, who has come to rule as a queen.” olivia commented with a shallow laugh. “a queen of ruins and damp cold caves, hah.”

she sat up, using her cane instead of asking for help; olivia wouldn’t find any from these people. her peers. she began to abscond the staircase in silence, the only sound the pit pat of maera’s paws. the queen turned, looking down upon the scrawny weed, “well, do come along, no one wants you to catch a cold down here.” gods forbid anything happen to cait while here, lest more be added to the abbiati ‘reputation’.

the return to the surface was long and quiet, olivia not caring to say a word. the light of her phone guiding them through the awkward trip up. olivia broke the silence once they reached the first floor, “i do hope to see you again soon. perhaps when the castle is finished and the statue unveiled.” she flashed the younger woman a smile, the same kind used for the general populace. “maybe i can sneak a visit to mauville before then.” olivia added with a wink, casually walking towards the door. the message should be clear enough: it was time for cait to go. however, olivia wasn’t going to force the girl away. should she want to stay, for whatever reason, she was welcome to. olivia did have some questions for the follower of celebi.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
tea time [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 20:02:56 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait's gaze lingered upon the woman as she silently gauged her reaction to her rejection. on the suface level, olivia had taken it well; though there was a hint of sadness which colored her tone as she spoke. 

"you're very welcome in my city, miss abbiati," she reassured. "
following the coronation people were very eager to talk about you there."

some had mockingly referred to her as 'the queen' but there were still a few who were genuinely curious about the abbiati. following her coronation the city was abuzz with gossip, some speculating that she sought to instill a monarchy within the city of sootopolis.

'rumors,' she thought. 'they're just rumors.'

"
i hope to see you again, miss abbiati," she said. "the tea was lovely."

cait dipped her head respectively toward her peer as she bid her farewell before quietly taking her leave of the queen's domain.   

[ end thread ]