lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] descent
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 20:01:01 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

marisol is many things. [break][break]

happiness isn't one of them - so what is this fleeting, giddy feeling? why does it feel like she's riding a high? why does it feel like her heart is fluttering, and why does she feel no fear from it? her fingers are trembling and her eyes are bright since a dream she's waken up from - it doesn't feel like she's gone a thousand nights of restless sleep. [break][break]

wind blows at lighter locks, and now she doesn't bother to hide her dual-colored gaze beneath the shadow of previously dark locks - no. the violet eye is vibrant with life for the first time. the blood pumps through her veins. ah, is this how it felt to be alive? [break][break]

but since returning, she has to remind herself to keep herself sullen and solemn. the gazes of old acquaintances aren't lost to her eyes, and the change is likely unnerving. [break][break]

for today's visit, she's composed herself. a week was enough time to collect herself, and enough time to chop off her previously long locks to something less.. heavy. though still long, it's more manageable. [break][break]

with bearings gathered, she leaves for lilycove. [break][break]

"calix?" she reaches the door, wearing the mask of her neutral expression once again. happiness was always an easy emotion to cover - so she doesn't understand why her fingers tremble from the excitement. it was only to talk about the recent developments. it was only to talk about the beasts that appeared. it was to talk about the protection of the legendary pokemon. [break][break]

"it's marisol."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

mission: post-goodbye galar

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
[m] descent
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 1:48:21 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calix"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

His eyes remained fixated upon the screen before him.[break][break]

Knitted brows and hardened gazes proved to be closer companions in recent days whether he liked it or not. To say that the region hadn’t been lit ablaze with odd occurrence after odd occurrence would be nothing short of an understatement, but the beginning of summer only seemed to have another event of grandiose obscurity to behold as reports seemed to filter in after a particular day in the past. ’Delusional,’ had been the first word that came to mind when reading through the accounts taken to paper, but after one account turned into five, and after five turned into countless, the thought of pushing it all aside and dismissing it all as nothing more than what it sounded like proved to be more and more of a strenuous task.[break][break]

Especially when those that he knew stepped up amidst the masses to deliver their own accounts.[break][break]

So under duty and vested interest, alike, he reviewed the papers and differing reports that found their ways to his desk. A deep breath found its way into his chest before baiting itself within, all while he lifted a few of those aforementioned papers closer. With a low, mulling grunt, he lounged back within his seat as it rolled back slightly, lifting his legs to rest and across upon his office desk all the while.[break][break]

They’d barely touched against the surface before the turn of a knob caught his attention.[break]
He glanced towards the door.[break][break]

”Ah, kid, hey!” he called out, a familiar—albeit faintly dimmed, given the circumstances—smile crossing upon his lips. He lowered his legs once more, leaning forward within his seat before gesturing her over to the couches in front of his setup, standing upon either side of another, glass coffee table. ”Thanks for coming in on such short notice. Really appreciate it~.”[break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".calix"]--accent:#49b3ba;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] descent
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 2:28:39 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

it's uncanny. [break][break]

it's terrifying. [break][break]

he looks the same, he sounds the same and the woody scent that comes from his home when she opens the door stays the same. though the images are blocked out in her brain and numbed when she focuses too hard, it's felt like years since she's seen the same, boarish, brunette man. [break][break]

marisol intended to come in today neutral and composed, but the excitement and the thrill seem to mix in with something else - something that's welled and buried itself in a decaying heart revitalized.[break][break]

a deep breath can seldom contain her relief. [break][break]

so she smiles, no matter how uncharacteristic it is of her. she can't help it as she moves further into the room, and seats herself on one of the couches with her hands, resting in her lap. [break][break]

"it's no problem." [break][break]

a brighter pair of dual-colored eyes gaze upwards, and the little raise of her eyes match her smile. [break][break]

".. i'm actually glad you called me over."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
[m] descent
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 16:04:52 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calix"]
[attr="class","luck"]

A deep breath could seldom contain her own relief.[break]
A wave of subtle surprise proved prominent in preventing his own.[break][break]

Or overriding it, more specifically, when faced with the visage of his visitor— the delighted visage, namely, in place of the sort he’d been far more familiar with. Though not quite taken aback enough to find himself at a momentary loss and pause, the subtleties of inquiry and curiosity crept upon his face as he lifted himself from his seat, striding over to meet her across the table.[break][break]

”And I’m glad to see you, kid,” he chuckled in response, taking his own seat just a small means away. ”...Glad to see you’re so chipper in light of everything, too~.”[break][break]

He glanced towards the doorway for a moment, meeting eyes with Kynigos as he, too, glanced through mid-stride. Likely making his way back through the apartment after letting their guest in.[break][break]

The man gave his companion a small grin and a questioning look, making a drinking motion before gesturing towards the woman sitting across him. The bulky feline read the notion swiftly, giving the both of them a quick grrawr of acknowledgment before starting towards the kitchen.[break][break]

”You’re good, though? Healthy? Don’t need a bit?” he asked, turning towards the student once more. ”Based on the reports I’ve seen, I wouldn’t blame you if you still need a bit before giving me your account…”[break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] descent
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 19:34:38 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

she didn't understand. [break][break]

since awakening, many things stopped making sense. many people were frantic when waking up. many people rushed to their loved ones, and many rushed home in light of returning to their normal times. it's no wonder calix comments on her demeanour despite it all - surely he's heard of the report of mass hysteria. [break][break]

she gives a quick "thank you" to the feline pokemon as they move into the kitchen. her smile is softer compared to what she was used to, but she's trying to suppress herself. so, it shrinks, but not entirely. not too long ago she could keep a neutral expression. [break][break]

"it's okay." she tilts her head, tenting her fingers in her lap and resting palms against her knees. "i've had plenty of time to reflect and gather my thoughts" she reassures him with an attempted flat tone. [break][break]

"so don't worry."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
[m] descent
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 22:05:14 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calix"]
[attr="class","luck"]

Another bout of silence overtook guises both expressed and physical as he listened to her. Although the smile had remained consistent upon his lips following his greeting, it remained ever stifled and paled in comparison to the sort so common of him while off duty— and, by extension, paled in comparison to the sort that she would have been accustomed to. Hues of azure followed her, in all that she had to offer; her every shift in expression; her every inflection in tone; her every gesture, regardless of whether it had been absentminded or intended.[break][break]

His attention last lingered upon her hands as they propped within her lap, though soon strayed in favor of meeting her gaze once more. He nodded while reaching into one of his pockets.[break][break]

”...So long as you’re sure about it, kid.”[break][break]

He pulled a couple of devices out—his common phone, as well as what seemed to be a small voice recorder—and situated their recording functions, set them atop the surface of the table between them before leaning back into his seat. With a leisurely front, he inhaled deeply while cradling his own hands within his lap, as well.[break][break]

”Today is July 19th, 2023,” he spoke briskly, his eyes never leaving those of the woman across from him all the while. ”I’m currently with Marisol Simone, a nursing student at one of the local universities, and a case of those who supposedly spent two decades in an alternate Galar region.”[break][break]

He glanced towards the devices on the table for a moment, nodding towards them before looking up once more.[break][break]

”You may begin your recollection wherever and whenever you feel is best, Miss Simone.”[break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] descent
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 22:37:57 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

it's being recorded. [break][break]

but of course it is - he needs something to listen back to, or to bring back as an account to be investigated. marisol was prepared for this, but it doesn't make his shift in demeanour any less jarring. thankfully, she isn't as frantic or despondent as some of her fellow victims. [break][break]

an idle gaze falls on the recorders as he speaks his piece, up until the proverbial microphone is handed to her. it's a simple enough task, and a simple enough question - if she can remember the events before the foggy memories disappear. there's no place better to start than the beginning, if she is going to recount everything from that day. [break][break]

take a deep breath, marisol. [break][break]

she fills her lungs, and a sigh escapes to soothe any sudden nerves. "we all arrived at the site, at sunset." she starts, maintaining an attentive gaze on the older man "there were two beasts combating the two dog pokemon. everyone who was there was given the order to protect the dogs from the beasts, and team rocket." she vividly remembers the order given by , shortly before she had arrived at the ancient tomb. [break][break]

"there was.. a large leopard-like pokemon." marisol raises her hand, gently rubbing a few digits against her forehead "it was attacking the shield pokemon, there was a huge battle that took place, and--" she squints, trying to remember through the rubble and the smoke. [break][break]

"... and there was a weird.. magenta looking stone in the ruins." there's a bout of frustration, and her lips curl into a small frown. "there was a lot happening, between the battles and.. groudon's avatar being there."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
[m] descent
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 2:15:35 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calix"]
[attr="class","luck"]

Just as he’d asked, so he’d received.[break][break]

Her account had begun, and he lent both an attentive mind and ear, alike, to what she had to offer him. Azure hues remained upon hers for the most part as the descriptions left her lips, though occasionally (and ever so subtly) shifted between the selfsame points of interest he’d paid attention to prior. Posture. Hands. Anything and everything that could very well allude to anything beneath the surface, whether profound or not; whether obvious or not.[break][break]

Everything.[break][break]

Yet not too long into her response, his gaze drifted down to his own person, his hands softly patting his pockets before noting the seeming absence of something. His brows knitted softly as he stood back up, giving her a silent gesture to continue on as he strode for his desk. After just a few moments, he returned with a small notebook, slipping the pen clipped onto it off and clicking it before opening the pages.[break][break]

”I’m aware of the dogs from recent accounts, but the other Pokemon you mentioned…” he murmured idly, beginning to scribble notes along the lines of his book. "Can you describe it in deeper detail? What did it look like? What features about it stuck out, and—most importantly—how did it seem to react to what was happening? To the people involved—?”[break][break]

He paused for a moment within an utmost focus at the brief silence that filled the air, his eyes offering her a glance from the edge of his periphery. Though only the faintest bit, they narrowed further as the young woman rubbed her head within her strain.[break][break]

He inhaled deeply, sighing while clicking his pen a few times.[break]
It touched the pages once more before long, noting the rest of her musings.[break][break]

”...Take your time trying to remember. Don’t stress yourself,” he added, leaning back into his seat once more.[break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] descent
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 5:37:13 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

she pauses in her account, processing his next question. [break][break]

they weren't covered?[break][break]

but why? they were the main threat at the moment, so she imagines that they should have been the first things reported. neverminding rocket, the beasts were the ones that were pushing the dogs back, and were the ones that chipped black fragments off brilliant, golden manes and steel. marisol couldn't hide the slight surprise even if she tried. [break][break]

after collecting herself, her expression shifts back into a relaxed neutral. "it was long." she recounts, bringing the image and memory of the feline pokemon back into her mind. [break][break]

"long, white, with diamond-like ridges along its fur and body. the most notable thing was its fangs. they looked like.. the ends of swords." in a way, it was kind of cute. in a way, it was also terrifying. "it was hostile, and was intent on entering the ruins. it brought snow, and winds, and ice." a chill runs over her flesh from the memory of the biting cold. [break][break]

"but it was nothing like kyurem's ice." she'll clarify, because the last thing any of them need is another case of meltless ice "it was a normal avalanche." [break][break]

"and there's one more thing,"[break][break]

the most important thing, she wants to tack on. she doesn't. [break][break]

"the air was filled with hatred."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights