she/her
July 24
Rustboro City
Bisexual
orthrus mechanic
civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
17 posts
vee loxley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vee
vee loxley
for what do we howl for? [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 23:35:40 GMT
vee loxley Avatar
From the side entrance, a very late and very hungry Vee would attempt to slither in through the back door. Having busied herself with all of her various jobs and things to wrench back together, she'd lost track of the time and end up missing the beginning of the meeting. The metalhead did her best to slowly creep into the room as the lot of them began to throw their cents into 's plan. Then, entered carrying food for the meeting. Vee offered her a thankful nod and decided to drop the stealth approach.

As she went in, Vee grabbed two slices of pizza, and in a heretical display that was sure to baffle people, flipped one so that one was upright and the other was face down to the floor. Holding her masterpiece inside of her hands, Vee took a large bite of her abomination against the pizza deities and sat down on the floor.

The idea to remain somewhat neutral but to cast their lot in with either Rocket or the League seemed like a pretty cool idea. They'd be too small to really ever get thrown into one of those big battles, and get something out of it in return, hopefully. But Vee still had her doubts about the topic. She pursed her sauce stained lips and ate the two slices of pizza in her claw while rocking her head back and forth in thought.

Eventually, Vee raised her hand after scarfing down the crust (the best part of any pizza), as she didn't really want to seem as if she didn't care. "I don't wanna seem like I'm doubting ya, Boss...But what if this doesn't work out? I mean, it could, but what if this backfires? I'm sure Rocket's got a contingency plan for everything and if we don't fill some quota or refuse something, they've got every chance to just rain hell down on us. League's the same way, but at least they'll put on a happy face about it."

She looked up at Magnus, her eyes fleeting to any of the others eh may or may not have talked to before. Leilani, , @deimos . She wasn't intentionally trying to be doubtful but just worried about them. They could see it in her eyes at least. Or maybe that was just the hunger pangs making her wander up to get 2 more slices.

"We should have something that can get us out of trouble of things go bad."

close tab

played by

Jun

Raj, Jay, Ra
He/Him
May 4
Castelia City
Bisexual
Orthrus Gang Member
Civilian
Single...for now.
5'6" height
5'6" height
Actions speak louder than words.
awards
135 posts
Raju Mystic DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun5
Raju Mystic
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 1:36:08 GMT
Raju Mystic Avatar
Raju listened while drinking his water. Others brought up good points, and Magnus had an answer. Playing both sides was risky, but it was also where the money was. Biggest thing was using the club. Thankfully, Raju was part of the security team there...and occasional host. So he could help make sure the guests were well behaved. But that only worked in the meetings, not afterwards. Fernie Silph was the first target, so if things didn't go well, they had a fallback plan in Rocket. Or vice versa. Another lady, a mechanic by the looks of her, brought up a good point. They really should have some sort of contingency plan just in case. Nodding in agreement, he looked at the others. He'd rather have a plan and not need it than need a plan and not have one. Strategic retreats didn't often go well when it's done by the seat of one's pants.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 19:14:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Brows knit in frustration as he weighed the pros and cons of sending those who seemed to figurehead Club Olympus. Was it a gamble they wanted to take? It wasn't a risk they wanted to jump into with eagerness. The only thing that seemed to shift his thoughts was the fact a presence slightly shifted its weight onto the couch beside him. Speak of the devil, finally meandered into the meeting. Better late than never. The food smelled good but maybe he was a bit too focused on business to consider eating. A sip of beer was enough to give him a boost in confidence to speak up once more.

"While League would be the better option of the two, I feel ultimately Rocket should be the one you gun for first, if you can find the right person to schmooze over. We want to go for the more volatile of the two first if we really want to make a move. The League has their hands tied in keeping their own in line, do you really think they'll be so quick to cooperate with outsiders?"

His eyes focused solely on as the words trailed off of his tongue. Not too many ideas had been tossed around so he figured he'd take the floor to better extrapolate his own thoughts on the matter. But like said, their best bet was to have a failsafe. While it would be ideal to send both and into the fire in regards to negotiations, perhaps their work would be better geared towards forming cooperation with League figureheads. That way they would work their magic while keeping out of harm's way. Team Rocket was the area they wanted to start off with, but they were more volatile, more exacting than League could be -- they kept losing pieces of the chessboard that were supposed to be loyal to their cause. Who knew that so many criminals were prone to switching sides to the winning one? (Ha.)

"They're like a wolf caught in a bear trap, trying to gnaw its foot off. If we move too quickly, we'll be subject to harm," he reasoned. "My suggestion is to offer our help to Rocket first. They'll be able to look past the gang detail far quicker than the league will. However since the representatives of Club Olympus were so cordial to offer their help, I feel they should be the ones to persuade the league's help. As Jasmine stated, for all outsiders know, you're simply a man they entertain."

If truth be told, Virgil was just talking out his ass at this point. He hoped that the more he spoke and tried to smooth out his own idea, the less it seemed like he chose to ramble on and divert any sort of danger from both Jazz and Lani, and himself fell into that aspect. He knew well that the higher echelons of the league were likely prudent on those who immigrated to the region. If they saw any sort of discrepancies on certain records such as gang violence or criminal activity, the person or people in question would have a target on their backs. The groups within Hoenn were a lot more meticulous than Orthrus wanted to give them credit for.

Besides, Virgil didn't simply graze over the fact certain people had "gang member" or "gang leader" written in their social media profiles. (His eyes squinted a bit more at Magnus at this thought.)

"In short, my ideas are that we should leave the negotiations with the more dangerous group to Magnus and another who wishes to accompany him, the League details to Club Olympus. The rest of us can pool in for a exit strategy should one or both options fall through. Besides, I'm curious to know what ideas you might have for something the two don't have that we can offer."

His attention turned to @deimos at the latter statement.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@ganggang

close tab

played by

Arti

Lani, Guppy
She/Her
July 16th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Hostess (Orthrus Gang)
Civilian
Strung out on a feelin', my hands are tied~
awards
88 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leilani
Leilani Reinhardt
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 13:38:16 GMT
Leilani Reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lani3"]
[attr="class","text"]

Leaning against @virgil, Lani crushed the rest of water bottle with a satisfied sigh afterwards. It was hot, but it wasn't anything Lani couldn't handle. Besides, a little sweat never hurt her. It just meant her close would cling to her body a little bit more, that's all. At the mention of Olympus as a meeting spot Lani hummed. [break][break]

That would be good at first, but that could prove to be dangerous. "Olympus will work at first but..." Lani began as she tapped a nail against her cheek. "We'd have to be cautious. We wouldn't want other eyes in our biz." She said as she crossed her arms over her chest. "But above all, I don't want the customers getting mixed up in trouble."[break][break]

Olympus was her baby, if anything happened to it she'd burn the whole region to the ground. So, she'd do anything possible to prevent trouble from befalling it if possible. "Besides, Olympus needs to look like neutral grounds, just so we can avoid that being a target against pissed clients." she quickly added. [break][break]

"I'm gonna reach out to first. League is gonna be a lot easier to convince to Rocket, and if we get on his good side, we got a fallback plan if Rocket doesn't pan out." Hearing the big shot Silph's name exit Magnus' mouth was shock enough on it's own, let alone the fact that he was going to contact him first. [break][break]

Lani thought they would slowly work their way up the chain but a councilman?! Right of the bat? "I don't wanna seem like I'm doubting ya, Boss...But what if this doesn't work out? I mean, it could, but what if this backfires?" chimed in and Lani sat up nodding her head in agreement. The last thing she wanted was Orthrus biting off more they could chew out of misplaced ambition. [break][break]

"We should have something that can get us out of trouble of things go bad." Vee added and Lani nodded once more. "I agree. There's no need to rush anything. A slow and methodical approach would prove beneficial for all of us." Leilani gently bit her nail as she pondered more. Virgil decided to offer his two cents during the interim. [break][break]

"While League would be the better option of the two, I feel ultimately Rocket should be the one you gun for first, if you can find the right person to schmooze over. We want to go for the more volatile of the two first if we really want to make a move. The League has their hands tied in keeping their own in line, do you really think they'll be so quick to cooperate with outsiders?"[break][break]

"Saying that Rocket is less volatile would be a mistake there, Doc." Lani chipped in. "Rocket is a known terrorist organization. When the going gets tough, they start offing anyone that stands in their way." Lani said with a deep frown. "The benefit is that both League and Rocket have to take care of their own and each other right now. Their hands are full, like you said." a heavy sigh escaped her lips before she reached forward for a slice of pizza. [break][break]

"In short, my ideas are that we should leave the negotiations with the more dangerous group to Magnus and another who wishes to accompany him, the League details to Club Olympus. The rest of us can pool in for a exit strategy should one or both options fall through. Besides, I'm curious to know what ideas you might have for something the two don't have that we can offer."[break][break]

It wasn't a bad suggestion. While Lani chewed on her slice of pizza she continued to think. "If we ensure that our stance is purely neutral and operate like a business, I think we'd have less potential of getting burned by either League or Rocket." Lani said polishing off her slice of pizza. [break][break]

"Our group's biggest asset is that we're a third party. We can move in ways that neither League or Rocket can, at least not publicly. I think both sides could find some use for us. We just have to reaffirm that we're a neutral party at all costs."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]orthrus
[break]

NOTES

💋 lani's late because she went to go pick up grub for everyone, is sitting next to Virgil <3[break]
💋 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lani3]--accent:#d42824;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lani3]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights