< ricochet > [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< ricochet > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 20:52:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Hunched over on his office chair, the doctor kept a lollipop balanced between his teeth as he carefully began to extract the bullet pieces. While it didn't pose well to dig through an open wound, it was necessary. Blood splattered onto his face, which caused him to scrunch up his expression. He'd worry about it later. With the final piece dropped onto the metal tray, Virgil slouched back for a moment to take a break. It had been a tedious procedure. And given the fact he didn't have proper equipment like he would in a hospital, he had to chloroform the patient. Unethical, but it worked in a pinch. Better to make them rest than grant them eternal rest from possible further blood loss. (The soaked cloth balled up on the side of the medical table showed Virgil had managed to get the majority of the bleeding to stop.) After a careful cleaning of the wound, he figured it best to close the hole.

Rudimental, but necessary. He kept the iron under an open flame and waited for it to heat properly. Once properly heated, he pressed it against the bullet hole and turned his head a bit. Quite frankly, he didn't wish to see how skin melded together, but he needed to be alert. Thankfully he managed, as the pain had been enough to reawaken his patient, to which he quickly shoved the bloodied cloth into their mouth to not only keep them quiet, but give them something other than their tongue to bite down on. Once enough time had passed, Virgil pulled the hot iron away and carefully stroked the patient's head and offered comforting 'shh's and strokes to calm them down. He didn't want to send them into shock, as that would be a whole different issue in itself.

"Shh, shh, stay with me, you're fine, just breathe," he offered as he carefully took their face and breathed in and out in a slow pace to encourage their own attempt to breathe.

By hook or by rook, his attempt to calm the patient down worked. Time passed slowly as he took to aftercare of the removal and closing of the wound. Once the patient was ready to walk, he dismissed them. It took him time to clean up his office, and finally gave him opportunity to clean the blood off of his face. Once everything was tidy, he called in for the next patient and carefully picked up the documents that had been provided for him. They didn't offer much other than a basic overview.

"Reinhardt, Leilani?" he asked as he read it from her file.

A polite smile graced his lips as he looked up at her. Exhaustion painted his features, but he didn't allow that to overshadow his polite treatment of any patient. While he was familiar with the name only in passing, he didn't know much about her. At least for the moment, he could share pleasantries with the young woman.

"Miss Reinhardt, go ahead and have a seat. My name's Dr. Callaghan, but feel free to call me Virgil. Chuffed to meet you. Tell me what you're in for."

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

Arti

Lani, Guppy
She/Her
July 16th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Hostess (Orthrus Gang)
Civilian
Strung out on a feelin', my hands are tied~
awards
88 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leilani
Leilani Reinhardt
< ricochet > [s]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 8:43:46 GMT
Leilani Reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lani3"]
[attr="class","text"]

The checkup was just a ruse.

In reality, Lani just wanted to check out their new doc and see if he could check her out while she was at it. She was always like this with every new arrival. She was interested in how they ticked and what their desires were. It was her way of running checks on the newer members herself, even though she was sure they were acceptable, after all they managed to join in one piece right?[break][break]

Lani had been chewing gum and filing her nails outside in the 'waiting room' till the doc was finished. The sounds from within the room didn't bother her much, she was used to seeing a lot of shit. After all, she'd been with Orthrus for many years now. "Reinhardt, Leilani?" With a pop of her gum she entered the study with a smirk playing on her lips. "In the flesh." she replied. [break][break]

Older, more seasoned and mature. That's what Virgil looked like to Lani. Leilani, of course, didn't mind. In fact, when she would usually pursue a fling, someone older always managed to be someone she enjoyed her time with for a little longer. They just knew how to handle her better. The doctor looked exhausted but he still greeted her with a polite smile. [break][break]

"Miss Reinhardt, go ahead and have a seat. My name's Dr. Callaghan, but feel free to call me Virgil. Chuffed to meet you. Tell me what you're in for." Lani gave him another quick glance over before sauntering to her spot like she was instructed. She took a seat, crossing her legs while maintaining eye contact with the doctor. [break][break]

"Call me Lani, doc." She said as she twirled a piece of her long hair around her finger. "Or babe, whatever suits your fancy." she said with a playful grin. "I'm just here to establish connection. Perhaps have a little physical." she said with a bite of her lip. "Whatever you feel up to though."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@virgil
[break]

NOTES

💋 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lani3]--accent:#d42824;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lani3]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< ricochet > [s]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 15:13:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He'd have to be an absolute fool if he didn't realize what Leilani had hinted towards. Alas, he certainly was a fool when it came down to it, putting his work before any sort of euphemisms. So for now, he kept the polite veneer of a doctor and turned to flash her a polite glance in her direction. He was a doctor above all else and took his work far too seriously. It wasn't long until he took a glance back at her file and glanced over the list of vaccinations. His expression scrunched up a bit in concentration, it seemed she was caught up, which was superb for him.

Virgil crossed over to his supplies and took the stethoscope and a blood pressure cuff before he returned to face Leilani. A nod for her to raise her arm so he could fit the cuff snug. Once she agreed, he fastened the cuff's hose to the unit and rested the chest piece just below where the cuff cut off and began to pump up the cuff with his other hand. After what seemed like a few painstaking minutes, he finally stopped and allowed the cuff to deflate, and detached it in one fell swoop.

"112/65, looks good. Means you're maintaining fair health. I take it you exercise a fair amount and maintain a healthy diet?"

Small talk to brush off the prior pass she'd made at him. Virgil moved to return his equipment to the counter across the room and washed his hands thoroughly. As he was standing at the sink, Lani's words truly sunk in and he felt himself grow flustered. A cough to clear his throat, followed by a shut off of the water. Soon enough, he turned and leaned against the counter and eyed his newfound coworker (is that what they were technically?) and gave a nervous laugh.

"I'm sorry, Lani, I just realized what you meant. I, uh... Well, you're quite lovely but I'd rather not pursue anything of that fashion in my office."

It wasn't hard to spot the twinge of pink that came to his face as he looked away. Virgil wasn't exactly the type to approach one-night stands, especially with strangers. So the thought left him rather speechless.

close tab

played by

Arti

Lani, Guppy
She/Her
July 16th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Hostess (Orthrus Gang)
Civilian
awards
88 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leilani
Leilani Reinhardt
< ricochet > [s]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 11:43:21 GMT
Leilani Reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lani3"]
[attr="class","text"]

She sat patiently and quietly while the fine doctor measured her blood pressure. It wasn't so bad for Lani, she got to enjoy a good view while he focused on his work. Her smirk stayed plastered on her features all the while. "112/65, looks good. Means you're maintaining fair health. I take it you exercise a fair amount and maintain a healthy diet?"[break][break]

"Mhmm," she practically purred. "I do make it a habit to fit plenty of cardio into my routine." she said with a playful wink flashed at him. "I eat my fruits and veggies too." she chuckled lightly. Her hungry gaze followed the doctor as he made his way across the room to wash his hands. [break][break]

His noticeably late flush didn't go unnoticed by Lani. A cough as he attempted to regain his composure further cemented the fact that he was quite flustered. In fact, it just further encouraged her. This man was simply adorable and she felt the urge to continue teasing him just like this.[break][break]

He turned to lean against the counter and focused his gaze on her. His pose and gaze sent a shiver down Lani's spine as she resisted the urge to swiftly close the distance between the two. Her thirst levels rising. "I'm sorry, Lani, I just realized what you meant. I, uh... Well, you're quite lovely but I'd rather not pursue anything of that fashion in my office."[break][break]

Lani gently bit the nail of her index finger as she tilted her head at the doctor. A soft rebuttal but it hadn't exactly been a no. This meant she could still work her magic. A mischievous grin tugged at the corners of her lips as she looked back at Virgil. "Hmm," she said as she slowly slid off the examination table and closed the distance between them. [break][break]

"So it's a no as long as we're in here?" she said as her slender fingers began to snake up to his tie. "I don't mind." she said with playful glint in her eye. "Sure, a little sad we won't get to roleplay out anything here but..." she said as she smoothly adjusted his tie and fixed his collar. "I can think of plenty of fun things to do at my place." she whispered.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

💋 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lani3]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lani3 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< ricochet > [s]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 12:51:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She was close. Perhaps a bit too close for his liking. Virgil felt his back brush against the countertop once more. Hands raised up in a form of defense as the blonde surprisingly managed to duck away from Leilani and her approach following the adjustment of his collar. The way he stuttered and couldn't even hold eye contact with her was enough proof that the attention was flattering in itself. But Virgil was a tough nut to crack when it came to more intimate matters.

"H-how about we get coffee instead?"

The suggestion came off sheepish and embarrassed. It was enough to show that he'd much rather take things slow. Sure, he enjoyed company with his fellow Orthrus members, but it felt dangerous to linger so closely to them in a more carnal way. They were like coworkers, and Virgil believed it taboo to sleep with a coworker. He was quick to attempt to recollect himself. A splash of water to his face and clearing his throat did wonders. Or it was at least enough to distract him from the situation at hand. What water lingered beaded into the stubble on his face and was soon wiped away.

"It's not that I'm not interested, I'd just prefer to get to know you a little more is all."

Little did he realize he just signed his death certificate with that statement. The fact he dared to acknowledge any interest at all was more than enough for anyone to sink their teeth into. A deep inhale, drawn back shoulders, all of it signaled that Virgil thought this little dance was over and done with. But in reality, it'd just begun. He took to the file and began to jot down what information he'd managed to gather and closed it.

Admittedly coffee did sound wonderful right now.

close tab

played by

Arti

Lani, Guppy
She/Her
July 16th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Hostess (Orthrus Gang)
Civilian
awards
88 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leilani
Leilani Reinhardt
< ricochet > [s]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 12:40:30 GMT
Leilani Reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lani3"]
[attr="class","text"]

"H-how about we get coffee instead?"[break][break]

The Doctor slithered away from her grasp as she let him, crimson hues following his retreat across the room slowly, an ever present smirk resting on her plump lips. This wasn't the first time Leilani had someone that shirked away from their desires out of embarrassment. She never stayed where she was unwanted. So the reason she was having so much fun playing this game of cat and mouse with the Doctor was because she was positive he was attracted to her. [break][break]

"It's not that I'm not interested, I'd just prefer to get to know you a little more is all."[break][break]

See? Just like that. Her grin widened as she focused on him. A splash of water on his face to wake him up from his carnal desires and bring him back to his senses. She watched as the water droplets caught the light of the setting sun behind them, glistening, before being wiped away. [break][break]

"Hmm," Lani hummed as she sauntered towards him slowly, tapping her index nail against her cheek. "It's a little late for coffee don't you think?" She said with a quick glance out the window. "How about dinner and drinks then?" she suggested as she latched herself onto his arm, pressing her chest against him.[break][break]

"Then I'll tell you anything you wish to know about me." She practically purred, "Promise."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

💋 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]