awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
strays
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 23:01:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she has an appointment with doug. a casual one, yes, but it feels more...formal than it should. the topic of conversation is a heavy one, but it's a burden she's chosen to help bear. 

and besides, she's curious to know what the ex-gym leader has been up to, and what's led him to backpack the region. part of her yearns for the freedom to step away. to travel. to learn and to listen to people. 

but life has a habit of getting in the way. 

when she spies him, she raises a hand. ash swirls lazily around her fingers. she's already had to brush some of it off of her shoulders. mt. chimney is unnaturally thick with it today. 
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
strays
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 0:03:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strays

'ullo, ~

"Good day, Ms. Morningstar!" He greeted cheerfully in response, still a good several paces away as he pushed his bike up the slope, his voice carrying strong as he brushed soot off the handles. "Awful weather we're havin', innit?"

Fallarbor's famously ever present soot— an amazing way to ruining what would've been an otherwise striking vista.

"Now then!" He said as he finally reached her, offering his hand. "Apologies for the tardiness— was taking the scenic route, you could say."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
strays
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 19:32:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"yidaro," she murmurs. beside her, an ashen mount of grass shakes and out pops an axew. dark red eyes look up at the approaching man. scaled paws go to wipe at the ash sitting on its tiny tusks. 

"no worries at all. i can't imagine it's easy biking through all this soot." she toes at the ground. she's heard that the ashfall provides nutrients and minerals to the surrounding farmland, but all the plants around them look like they're being choked by the blanket. 

maybe further up, beyond town and closer to meteor falls, it's better.

"i was glad to hear you're doing this. so, tell me - what can i do to help?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
strays
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 22:00:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strays

'ullo, ~

"Just join me!" He said as he waved the councilwoman to follow, pushing his bike forth to step onto the road leading towards Fallarbor. "It's nice having a member of the council willing to come all the here in person, you know?"

Without all the cameras and news crews, anyway.

"I'm sure the people would appreciate it!" He said with a wide smile. "Pity we can't tell 'em yet!"

He didn't think the dragon rider had been sworn in yet.

"You ever been to Fallarbor for long, Ms. Morningstar?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
strays
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 6:34:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"sure," she says and falls into step beside him. yidaro scurries after her and then pushes ahead of them, plowing through the ash to give them a narrow, albeit substantial path. 

"of course. i mean, the thing i hated most about being councilwoman the first time around was how i let it take me away from the ground. and from the people we're meant to be helping." she shakes her head. 

"i intend not to repeat past mistakes." she rolls her tongue in her mouth and shakes her head. "no, i haven't. not for long lengths of time, at the very least."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
strays
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 15:51:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strays

'ullo, ~

"You've been in and out of the system." He said, nodding at her words as they slowly approached the town, the silhouette of buildings in the distance growing ever closer. "So you understand both perspectives. Well, almost."

She understood calling the shots from the top— how vast numbers of people became statistics, for the sake of one's own sanity. She understood the perspective from the bottom, how the shots called affected those on the ground.

"Some people though, they wish they at least got the repercussions of a bad decision. That would mean their leaders are at least paying attention to their problems." He said as Fallarbor came closer... the ash of Mt. Chimney descending upon it, never slowing, never ending.

"Fallarbor town is a place filled with such people."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
strays
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 20:55:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"doesn't sound so bad when you say it like that." even still, her guilt gnaws at her. it's barely noticeable these days, but it will live there forever. no amount of recompense can make up for the years and lives lost due to her inaction. it's a burden she bears alongside her others. 

and now this. 

they step over the ridge and freya looks upon a city of ash. if it weren't for the shapes, holding parasols above their heads as they traverse the city, she would have thought it a ghost town. 

"i'd read reports, but...what's happened? is it the rift?" she asks. 
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
strays
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 0:10:18 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strays

'ullo, ~

"Some have left and never looked back." He said simply. "And that's fine, too."

Nobody was obligated to dedicate their life to a region. Those that chose to do so had their reasons— and those who turned away from it had theirs.

The question is warranted, though it still made him sigh. The disconnect between the league's priorities and its citizens' needs was considerable, If the report had led her to that as a first conclusion.

"'fraid not." He said simply, before reaching under his jacket to pluck a small umbrella. It popped open, spreading out into a much larger, transparent barrier for both of them to seek shelter from the ash. "It's rather much simpler. Something that's always been there. Something which brute force cannot solve."

He stared up into the transparent parasol, as the ash pooled and gathered, quickly painting the transparent fabric a dull, unbreakable grey.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
strays
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 23:22:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
he's different. his words carry more...gravitas than they used to. she's enjoyed his company in the past, as little interaction as they'd had, but he'd still spoken with the insecurity of youth. 

freya steps closer to him and tilts her chin back to watch the dust flake down the side of their translucent umbrella. her trousers are sufficiently dusted and her throat is scratchy. even yidaro's breathing is haggard in front of them. 

"as i've come to understand it, the ash provides minerals to the farmlands further west, but fallarbor itself is meant to be outside the radius where the ash falls."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
strays
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 15:53:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strays

'ullo, ~

"Yeah, well—" He snapped his umbrella sharply to the side, throwing off the thick coating of ash. "It hasn't been for a while."

Kneeling down, the youth popped open his case, producing a box facemasks and holding it up to Freya.

"A single day won't do any permanent harm— but it sure ain't comfy." He said, offering a wry smile as he snapped the case shut, before slowly rising to his feet.

"I've started looking into it recently." He said. "I haven't had the time to pay a proper visit to the Hoenn Weather institute, so for now, all I've got is what their articles online say."

He turned his gaze over to Mt. Chimney.

"For whatever reason, the radius has been growing. Somehow, the researchers in the weather institute didn't notice this change in patterns until the near eruption back in August 2021, though."

Perhaps because they had changed history in the past, just ever so slightly as it may be, according to the report?

"I can't imagine the silent ice plains are helping, either. Hoenn's a tropical, volcanic island area. It should be impossible, and the mingling of hot volcanic air and cold winter air is causing all sorts atmospheric effects."

He paused, before snorting.

"But that's just what I read. I ain't a climatologist. I'm just a physician."

He shook his head, before releasing a low sigh.

"In any case though... As you said, the people living here believed they were out of the ash's reach. Until they weren't.

Nothing about the city was ready for such an event. Not the homes in which the people lived, not the warehouses were foods were storaged... too many things were unprepared for these developments.

"Well, I'm no statesman yet, so..." He said, rolling back his sleeves. "I'll just undo the damage to their health. Much as I can, anyway."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
strays
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 0:23:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she takes the offered mask and draws it over her face, nose scrunching as she fiddles to get it set properly on her face. the scratchiness in her throat doesn't go away entirely, but it helps mitigate it. she's used to being around heat and ash. 

among the ashen town, she spies orange uniforms and matching caps. "good to know we have rangers helping." but their numbers are small. fallarbor isn't the only place affected by the shifting atmosphere. rangers have to be on hand, ready for deployment in the case a dimensional rift opens up. 

"maybe i can talk to . she and rayquaza might be able to help...maybe." she nibbles her lip helplessly, imagining eva's drawn face and tired green eyes. and what could they do? hold a delta stream around fallarbor indefinitely? 

"i'll see about moving some budgets around." 

yidaro, up to her knees in ash, sneezes and freya recalls her. in her stead emerges the gelatinous form of one of her gentlest dragons. lyra looks shyly at doug and shifts, looking down at the ash sticking to her body. 

"lyra and i can add some life dew to those water stations," she says with a nod towards a small triage tent. "we'll...do what we can."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
strays
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 20:06:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strays

'ullo, ~

"She's busy as is. Maybe Rayquaza could settle nearby for a while, though." He said.

Doing so if no real help was coming, though, would be nice, but useless. A couple of weeks, maybe months of relief from the volcanic ash would only exacerbate the people's discontent once Rayquaza was gone and it returned.

Mercifully, it seemed Freya had the right idea, bringing a smile to his lips.

"Yeah. Systemic action is needed." He said with a nod.

As the dragon tamer summoned one of her pokemon to assist, the youth nodded, turning his gaze over to the local public hospital in the distance.

"Good idea. I'll go ask introduce myself to Community Hospital staff. I sent a letter in advance, but I should let them know I'm here before getting to work."

Tipping his hat at the councilwoman, he bowed politely before turning to leave.

"... Thank you for coming, Councilwoman. Truly."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
strays
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 17:38:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"that's not a bad idea. their delta stream could help reset the wind patterns. at least until we figure out a long-term solution." a band-aid is no fix, but it will help mitigate damages down the line. and rayquaza would want to help right these unnatural wrongs, wouldn't they?

freya smiles at his tipped hat. he's always been polite. optimistic, even after everything they've been through. she appreciates him for it. 

"of course, doug. i'm here to support you. and them." she nods with her chin. "why else would i be here?"

the implication hangs there a moment after her pause. she has an uphill battle ahead of her, with the likes of the silph brothers' disdain. she'll need all the support she can get. 

"try not to spread yourself too thin," she says gently and walks away. lyra blinks her big green eyes at doug, sneezes from the ash, and then follows after her tamer.
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
strays
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 4:17:29 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: