183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< wave after wave > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 19:04:07 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
It was a brief traverse via flying taxi, but Sven insisted they enjoy the fireworks show on the beach. There was something much more breathtaking about it in that retrospect. Plus, he just really wanted ice cream, man. As he brought the vanilla cone with sprinkles to his mouth, he took a bite with his lips because he wasn't a psychopath who used his teeth to bite into ice cream. A touch of it got on the corner of his lips and it wasn't long until he poked his tongue out to get it. He handed Saskia's cone off to her, then took the lead towards the sand once more.

"The carnival was fun, but it was so hot," he complained.

The nice seabreeze felt like a blessing in comparison. Sven plopped down into the sand and decided to let himself relax. The option of swimming sounded promising, but for now, he felt it best to simply enjoy the scenery like it was a new breath of fresh air. His head turned upward to look at Saskia as he felt his expression twist into one of concern. Throughout their time at the carnival, he remembered the talk he had with Kolya and felt himself a bit lost. Maybe she'd be willing to offer him some answers.

"You know, I spent time with your dad the other day. He said something about viewing me as family, and that he's always wanted a son."

Then the realization hit him as his eyes grew wide. He was mid-bite, mouth agape as the thought finally hit him. A twinge of excitement reached his voice as he finally spoke to Saskia from his inner musings.

"Do you think he wanted to adopt me, bro?"

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

mission : firework flings
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
< wave after wave > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 21:37:12 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar

saskia is a psychopath. when she draws the ice cream away from her mouth, the perfect sphere has teeth marks in it. perfect, hellish teeth marks. and she's happy as a clamperl, gently munching on the sprinkles as the rest of the creamy treat melts on her tongue. 

"we were smart though. all those snow cones kept us cool...but man, how many times have i peed already? like six?" does she have to pee again? yes. 

she'll wait until they go in the water. if they go in the water. saskia adores swimming at night, but she's pretty sure that's a no-no when firework shrapnel is falling from the sky. afterwards, though, she'll drag sven into the water whether he likes it or not. 

saskia frowns and then rolls her eyes. look, she knows her papa loves her, but she also knows he has always wanted a son. instead, he got a rough-around-the-edges daughter.

"he's always said you're family, dummy. you're, like, basically my brother anyway, but korolev's such a cool name." she plops down next to him and bites into her ice cream again. "but that's cool he said that to you. he's such a softie."
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< wave after wave > [m]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 12:19:23 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Saskia made a point, his last name was pretty cool. But there was something cool about the sound of the name Sven Volosenkov to him. It would be something he'd have to ponder on. He looked over and saw the way his friend practically masticated her ice cream and felt his own teeth hurt as she bit into the spiral of soft serve. Sven winced and turned his attention elsewhere for the moment. Once she seemed done, he finally turned back and had managed to formulate a result for her.

"I mean you can have my surname instead," he insisted. "Do you think if we ever got married, we could just swap names? That'd be pretty cool."

The way he talked so casually about the topic seemed second nature. When it came down to it, Sven didn't really think much on the topic of matrimony. It wasn't as end-all-be-all as most people made it out to be. Maybe he was just disillusioned, or maybe he didn't view it as that big of a deal. His words were emphasized with a laissez-faire shrug as his attention turned back to the ocean.

It was pretty tempting to take a swim before the fireworks started to shoot off. He did himself a favor and slipped the sandals off he'd opted for that day and stood up. The dry sand felt foreign between his toes, but it reminded him of simpler times. A broad smile never seemed to leave his face as he allowed his heart to guide his words, an action that spoke volumes, but perhaps not in the way it was intended. Luckily for him, the two were birds of a feather. Friendzone, schmendzone, the two were just happy to have friends.

"But I don't think I'd trade our friendship for the world though," he insisted. "It's the one constant I've had since being here."

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
< wave after wave > [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 18:01:36 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar

when she runs out of ice cream to nom on top of the cone, she digs her teeth into the side, gathering creamy deliciousness and crunchy waffle in her mouth all at once. it doesn't matter that sven can't even look at her while she commits arceus' worst sins. she doesn't even notice. she's too enthralled by the conversation. 

"swap names? wait, no, oh my gods, you know how some couples do that thing with the dash? we could be sven korolev-volensekov and i'd be saskia koroleva-volensekova. or the other way around, i guess. that would be so terrible for anyone else."

she polishes off the rest of her cone and shimmies closer to him, resting her head contentedly on his shoulder. 

"me neither. i'm really glad to be back, even if ranger duties have been kicking my ass. deda was great and i made friends and stuff while i was in snowpoint, but...not like you."

the first whistle of a firework sounds and saskia perks back up, spine straightening. "oh, look! they're starting."