awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 0:14:09 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Dwayne's evening grocery run was supposed to be a quick detour. He just needed to restock some supplies for the Apothecary before closing up and heading home. He has yet to learn that nothing comes easily in this city. Dwayne nearly dropped his grocery bags when he came upon the body of , casually splayed on the side of the street. He looked around, trying to locate some sort of explanation, but he found himself alone. Dwayne cringed behind his mask, not really sure where to go from here. Was he supposed to report this sort of thing? Eh, probably not. In all likelihood, this poor fool was left out here for a reason.

There was no avoiding it, he had to walk down this road to get back to the Apothecary. He too a deep breath, steeling himself before pushing onward. He tried not to look at the body, but his morbid curiosity got the better of him. He allowed himself a passing glance--and that was when he noticed that the body was still breathing. This time Dwayne was shocked enough to send his grocery bags flying as he flinched. This guy was still alive!? How!? He looked like he was dragged through a human-sized paper shredder!

Now what was Dwayne to do? He could not just live this guy here, not when there was a chance to save him. Should he look for help? Call the hospital? No, this guy was absolutely left out here to die on purpose. Dwayne risked getting him killed for real by drawing attention to him. Dwayne groaned as he nervously wrung his hands together. He had to make a decision, either leave this man to die or save the poor bastard himself. He forced himself to turn away, planning on committing to the former. This was not his business, there was no reason to get himself involved just to satisfy his conscious.

So twenty minutes later Dwayne found himself treating the stranger's wounds on a table in the backroom of the Apothecary. He mumbled the entire time, cursing his bleeding heart for caving. He had covered most of the man's injuries in herbal balms and was working on getting all of the bleeding bits bandaged. Hopefully would not decide to come around tonight and discovery this scene, Dwayne really needed this job.

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 19:23:14 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel was in a deep slumber, what felt like an endless night was really only a few hours. The thoughts of the battle that caused his ounds played on repeat in his head. Over and over for what felt like an eternity was he forced to relive that moment as if it was a punishment his brain had given him. On the outside he was giving off a face as if he was in great pain, sweating profusely while mumbling in his sleep.[break][break]

He had no idea that someone was treating him, he couldn't feel anything at all other than the shame his mind had placed on him. He was trying his best to wake up but to no avail. He had no strength left in his body and it seemed like this was the state he would be left in for his whole life.[break][break]

Hours later after almost all his wounds had been treated, Noel's eyes finally began to open up. With his regained consciousness he sits up from the table, a loud gasp escaping from his mouth and his hand placed on his chest, his heart was beating madly as he thought he was in the afterlife for just one moment. He looks around to see the doctor who had been treating him along with his surroundings.[break][break]

"Who...who are you? Where... am I?"[break][break]

There were so many questions that came to mind but he didn't have the breath to say them just yet. Little by little he had woken up in a daze and was now completely confused, he couldn't tell if the person in front of him would be a friend or foe.[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 16:34:10 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Dwayne jumped a little when his patient awoke. He was not expecting it, but his shock quickly changed into relief. At least he did not have to get rid of a body now. Dwayne gathered his composure quickly, responding to the stranger's questions with a calm tone.

"Hey, I'm Dwayne. I found you dying on the side of the road and decided to help. You're in the Bothwell Apothecary--still in Sootopolis. Now lay back down you're gonna mess up the gauze."

Dwayne would wait for the man to follow his directions before continuing. Now that he was awake, maybe Dwayne could get a little context for how he got into this mess. "So--who am I treating today and like--the fuck happened?"

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:55:58 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel spends a few minutes just catching his breath, thinking more on his situation. Sure this person had just saved his life but that didn't mean he could trust him in this Rocket infested city. He spends a moment to debate on what he should say.[break][break]

"My...My name is Noel... I got into a fight with someone and well... you can see how that turned out."[break][break]

Speaking on the matter felt like a sting to his body. Or perhaps it was because of all the wounds that he reacted this way. He decided to be a bit honest to the doctor but he didn't want to give everything out just yet. He would determine whether or not Dwayne was trust worthy.[break][break]

I thank you for treating me but I need to get back on my way... I have to get back to the man who did this to me."[break][break]

He attempted to get up but that just caused more pain, with a painful shout his body slumps back onto the table roughly. He wanted to try again but his body wouldn't listen to him, it was as if he had lost control of his bodily motions.[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 16:03:46 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Dwayne watched as Noel tried to get up, making no attempt to stop him. Some lessons just had to be learned the hard way. The man struggled, eventually succumbing to his pain and falling back onto the table. Dwayne shook his head lightly, "Riiight. Yeah you don't seem ready for a rematch yet."

Dwayne resumed his work, readjusting any gauze that may have shifted during Noel's attempts to move. "As someone who has just used a majority of his herb inventory to keep you alive, let me offer you some advise. I don't know who did this to you, but they are clearly out of your league. If you go off looking for him again, you will die. So what you gotta do is get out of here, get to a pokecenter or hospital or whatever, and once you're better start training. Then try again when you're stronger. I don't mean a little stronger now, I mean at this guy's level."

Dwayne's tone was soft but direct, the last thing he wanted was for this guy to go off and get himself killed after he went through the effort of saving him. What kind of lesson would that teach Dwayne? That there was no point in helping others? What a sorry reality that would be. After a few moments of silence Dwayne would tighten the last bandage before slowly leaning away. "Do you have a ride? None of my pokemon can fly so it will be up to you to get out of the city."

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 21:35:53 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel's face recoils in pain. He lays there allowing the doctor to do his work, it wasn't as if he could do anything himself right now. He felt powerless and he hated it, he wished to do nothing more than to get back out there and find the person who had done this to him. He wasn't particularly listening to the doctor, not heeding his advise and only responding to the question he's been asked.[break][break]

"No I... I don't really have a place to live, I'm all on my own right now but I need to get back quickly. How long do I have to be here for?" [break][break]

He truly was grateful for the help he received but his revenge was blinding him. He didn't want to waste any more time getting sidetracked by going to a hospital. His anger caused his tone to be harsh, not on purpose however, as the adrenaline was still in full effect from his battle earlier.[break][break]

"And listen I appreciate all the help you've done for me but you don't know what happened. I need to go and stop that man before anything bad happens..."[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 16:38:21 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Dwayne leaned back, his brows furrowing as Noel insisted on leaving to find his attacker. A long grumbling sound could be heard behind Dwayne's mask, a sign of his growing irritation. He looked around at the now empty jars of balms that he had used to heal this stranger, which he would very likely have to compensate with his paycheck. It filled him with a sense of resentment, and the gnawing feeling that he had wasted his time.

Perhaps it was his own sense of preservation that caused Dwayne to be unsympathetic to Noel. Yet even with his vehement disagreement, he would continue to speak to his patient with the softness of a doting caregiver.

"I shall tell you what happened, you picked a fight with something beyond your capabilities and paid for it. You may leave whenever you feel ready, but know that at this point seeking out your assailant shall be suicide."

Dwayne pushed back his chair slightly and folded his arms, solidifying the supposed lesson he had learned. "I don't know why I care what happens to you anyway. We're strangers, you and I. Get going so that I no longer have to reflect upon my wasted effort."

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 20:54:38 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel knew he probably couldn't just find his opponent so easily once he got out. His rashness got himself here in the first place after all and maybe the doctor was onto something after all, he thought. But first thing's first he had to leave here to recuperate his strength on his own. Slowly lifting himself off the table and struggles to stand up but after a few attempts he manages somehow.[break][break]

"Thank you again doctor, but I need to get going now. I'll listen to your advice but that won't stop my goals. I will come back to this city one day. Now where did you put my belongings?"[break][break]

He searched around for his bag filled with all his traveling gear but with no luck. It was the only thing stopping him now from leaving both this building and the city entirely.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 15:35:42 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
"Hmph." Dwayne crossed his arms, looking away as the man rose to his feet. It pained him to see Noel push himself, but he had to fight back his urge to help further. The man was on a mission, and Dwayne would not be able to convince Noel to rest further. Not that he could rest here, this was not Dwayne's property after all.

Dwayne responded to Noel as calmly as always, "I'm not a doctor, I just work here. But whatever, you're wel--come." Dwayne paused as he instinctively looked around for Noel's belongings, only to suddenly remember a terrible fact. "I um--hm--belongings?" Dwayne began to sweat a little, nervously laughing as he scratched the back of his head.

"You uh--you didn't have anything on you when I found you. I might have missed them anyway--heh." Dwayne did not know why he was nervous, perhaps he thought the man would turn on Dwayne and accuse him of being a thief. Or maybe he was just embarrassed that he did not notice Noel's stuff earlier, if he even had them after he was knocked out.

Regardless, Dwayne just hoped that Noel would head out so he could clean up and put this night behind him.

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 0:07:43 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

With the realization his bag may be lost forever, Noel quickly places his hands on his belt. He lets out a sigh of relief once he is able to feel his Pokeballs still on him. The bag was something to be mourned over for sure but all there was inside was just some basic traveling gear, things that could be easily replaced. If someone were to take his precious companions away from him he wouldn't know what to do. Struggling to even make it to the door he finally reaches his destination and cracks it open slightly, turning his head back to look at the doctor one last time.[break][break]

"Thank you... truly, I more than likely wouldn't be alive if it weren't for you and you have my gratitude. But I can't sit idly by when there are things that must be done. I hope one day we can meet under better circumstances doctor. Farewell."[break][break]

And with that Noel, battered and bruised, sets off to find the ones responsible for his broken state. He didn't know where or how to start this process but his first step would be to get out of the city to recuperate and get even stronger. In hopes of one day getting his revenge for the shame he felt that day.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Kind Samaritan [M]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 4:57:55 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: