thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 2:33:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Recruitment was part of his work as an underboss, but for this particular prospect Cillian needn't go far. 's business is within Rocket's bastion in Sootopolis, and so a meeting is scheduled after-hours in the same quaint café he'd met in: Bay Leaf Brews. Today, a cloudless sky still necessitates the need for the blue-and-white umbrellas on the cliffside patio, if only to shield one's eyes from the sun. Summer's long hours ensure its warmth and light even late into the afternoon.[break][break]

The cafe's Bayleef mascot spreads the pleasant scent of fresh-brewed coffee through the air, her AROMATHERAPY mixing with the salt of the surrounding ocean.[break][break]

Cillian sits with his black coffee and their sandwich menu, looking up only when the doors open to at last reveal his target. He does not smile, but there is nothing threatening about his posture or countenance as he inclines his head.[break][break]

", is it? Your name sparks talk in our circles."[break][break]

He doesn't elaborate further, only gestures to the seat across from him in invitation. Though other guests might enjoy the indoor seating, they are alone on the terrace. Unusual, on a lovely day like this. Intentional.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 RECRUITMENT ACT I

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 16:14:44 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
"Circles?" Dwayne looked down at the blonde pretty boy before him, tilting his head as he tried to decide if he should accept the man's invitation to sit down. When he was told to meet a guy at Bay Leaf Brews Dwayne thought he was being set up for a blind date or something. He thought to himself, 'Why not? It's a nice day and he had nothing better to do'. But now circles are involved. Gross.

Whatever, he still had nothing better to do. Dwayne sat down, crossing one leg over the other and placing his hands gently onto the surface of the table. His eyes sleepily leered at the affable stranger, trying to get a read on him before engaging in conversation. He failed, the attempt was like trying to form images out of static. Eventually Dwayne gave up and spoke.

"So you know my name, but I don't think I've met you before."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 20:54:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian arches a brow. Was this man dense?[break][break]

Disappointing.[break][break]

Taking a slow sip of his coffee to resist a snide remark, Cillian clarifies politely, "You know. Our kind of people?"[break][break]

Criminals?[break][break]

He'd expected that Dwayne's contact might've provided a little more information, at least his name if nothing else, but finds himself yet again exasperated by the lack of knowledge possessed by his companion.[break][break]

"We've not met," he affirms, "but you might've heard of me." He offers a hand. "Cillian Quinn."[break][break]

He doesn't bother with his title within Rocket; if Dwayne knows his name, he'd know the rest.[break][break]

Please tell me he hasn't been living under the biggest rock in Sootopolis.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 RECRUITMENT ACT I

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 16:26:59 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Our kind of people. Our kind of people? Dwayne raised an eyebrow, what did he mean by that? Like as in--was this a sex thing? Dwayne hoped not, I mean he would not be opposed but it felt a little early. Maybe he should keep an open mind, after all if Jackson went through the trouble of setting this up he must have thought Dwayne and--whatever his name was could get along.

Jackson was the friend that sent Dwayne to the cafe--to meet ummm. What did he say this guy's name was?

Cillian Quinn? That sounded familiar, but it was not the name Jackson used. That did not matter though, because Dwayne was apparently sitting across from Cillian Quinn. He was like--the mayor or something, Dwayne had heard his name a lot across the month he has spent in Sootopolis so far. Wow--on a blind date with Mayor Cillian Quinn. Dwayne was really moving up in the world.

Dwayne reciprocates the extended hand, shaking it firmly. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you Mr. Quinn. I would like to be up front with you, I don't think I'm going to say no but I would prefer that we get to know each other a little first before I agree to anything."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 2:39:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Catching Dwayne's eyebrow, Cillian once again wonders if this man is an idiot. What he says next, however, implies an understanding of their situation. Cillian's brow furrows in reply as he processes his own confusion.[break][break]

Perhaps he was worried about how blunt Cillian was being? The underboss relaxes as he tilts his head back, lips parting in potential understanding.[break][break]

"This is a safe space," he promises, gesturing around the terrace. "I've instructed the owner that we're to be left undisturbed."[break][break]

Shameless as he was about his criminal affiliations, he sometimes forgot that not everyone was so bold. Hopefully that would put Dwayne more at ease.[break][break]

"Now, I'm not usually in the habit of getting personal," he warns, unapologetic but polite, "but I suppose I could answer some basic questions, depending. What would you like to know?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 RECRUITMENT ACT I

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 16:50:24 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Wow this guy was all business. Dwayne could not decide how he felt about Mayor Cillian, he was very attractive but there was no passion in his words. It seemed so--transactional, and it left Dwayne feeling a little empty. It almost made him want to leave, but instead he would lace his fingers together and stay firm. Perhaps the mayor shall win him over as they get to know each other, no point in bowing out before learning anything new.

Dwayne cocked his head to the side, "Well, what do you expect from me? What can I do to most optimally service you? I have a wide skill set, but I am interested to know what about what exactly has caught your attention."

You know, besides his pretty boy looks. It better not be that thing he does with his knuckles, Dwayne had shared that with Jackson in confidence!

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:22:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Relief serves a soothing balm for earlier irritation as their conversation settles into a language he understands.[break][break]

At least, he thinks he's understood.[break][break]

"Loyalty," he says, easily enough. "Commitment. This isn't something you dip your toes into only to find you've got cold feet." A sliver of annoyance sharpens his tone, but he doesn't seem to direct that irritation toward . Clearly, it's someone else who's got him riled. "I'm not going to force you to make a decision you're not comfortable with," because that was a traitor in the making, "but once we have an agreement, there's no going back. Then I expect your complete obedience."[break][break]

Leaning back in his chair, Cillian takes a long sip of his cooling coffee to allow those words to sink in.[break][break]

Then he cuts straight to the point.[break][break]

"I've been told you're in the pharmaceutical industry." His smile is wry. "We could greatly benefit from a man of your illicit talents."[break][break]

We, of course, meaning Team Rocket.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 RECRUITMENT ACT I

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 15:49:21 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Oof, this guy was--intense. Dwayne was not expecting the Mayor to be the Christian Grey type, but then again the man did seem to be business oriented. It makes sense that he should see intimacy in the same way. Dwayne rolled with it, only raising an eyebrow when Cillian brought up his pharmaceutical experience. Notably, using it to create unlawful substances.

Geez, he liked to ParT too? The Mayor was fucking wild. How the hell did he get elected? He must have been very good at keeping his 'hobbies' a secret. To be honest this kind of stuff was not usually Dwayne's thing, but something about all of this felt--right. He was here to make a fresh start, perhaps this was how he could get a leg up in Hoenn--no pun intended. You know what, screw it. What did he have to lose? He could think of worse fates than being the sugar baby plaything of a powerful politician.

Remaining neutral, Dwayne nodded with confidence. "I have given this arrangement consideration, and I believe it shall be fulfilling for both of us. I hereby accept your proposal. Thank you for offering me this opportunity, I will not let you down."

Dwayne paused for a moment, tapping the table before speaking once more. "So--do I have to sign a waiver or something?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
underworld [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 10:48:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Excellent."[break][break]

Though he doesn't smile, pleasure etches itself into the lines around his eyes. There's a certain energy about the underboss, an eagerness.[break][break]

Dwayne's question throws him off.[break][break]

"A waiver?" He laughs. "No. That's League shit. If you tried to go to them, we'd just kill you."[break][break]

He states such facts with flat sincerity. It would perhaps be at this point one might realise they're having entirely different conversations.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 RECRUITMENT ACT I

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights