kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 2:36:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the room was dark.

in front of him was a brightly lit screen, casting shadows behind him that stretch way far back. multiple game consoles lie in front of it, and scattered around him are cases for various games.

he sits on the floor with crossed legs. a mini-fridge conveniently situated beside him sit on one side, while a box of pizza and bags of chips were on the other.

cheery mellow music don't necessarily come from one source, but from all over him, not unlike a surround sound system. clicky-tappy noises from the controller buttons accompany the tunes, with a seldom chewing of chips or slurping of soda.

his eyes were glued to the screen. there wasn't a choice for the library of games had all the ones he barely had time to finish due to his real life responsibilities.

click, click, click.

only the game was on his mind. it was an empty dream, but one that fulfills him regardless. at the moment, this is what he wants. the coincidence rings true to the rumors regarding the dream mist.

rumors?

regardless, if his dreams were the only place he can continue to enjoy his hobby, then he'll look forward for his next visit.

RECREATION
200/999

@tags
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 6:48:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
time flowed differently in this space, kyle was certain.

he had finished multiple titles, yet kyle still hasn't woken up from his sleep despite the save files indicating play times lasting longer than human waking hours.

the champion stands up and stretches, while his eyes find an outline of a door just by the outskirts of his peripherals. curiosity beckons him to explore the temporal dimension he finds himself in. his steps bring him to the exit.

one careful swing of the door doesn't help the strain his eyes receive from the sunlight that blinded him. it takes him a few moments to adjust, but the sight that he takes in helps him ignore his chagrin.

what welcomes him felt familiar. it didn't feel like the fantastical galar that he was told about, but something more personal that he had lived in.

it then hits him: blades & bulwark.

he looks back at his point of origin, and then notices the guild hall they had when they first played the game. by the time he turns back to what's in front of him, he finds himself holding a bow and feels the weight of the knife on his waist already.

that's one way to start his exploration of this world, he supposed.

REMINISCENCE
400/999

@tags
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 16:52:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
dragnor was his kingdom in this world. he was a ruler- one recognized by both players and the system. he thrived in this game, and to watch it die prematurely dampened his mood by then.

everything remained as he had left it after it was closed down during its update event. even the kingdom of sylvis, the new region that opened up and ironically, the one that tore down the game, stood tall in this virtual reality that exists in his dreams.

tears in space that reveal a series of ones and zeroes behind them can be found on the select areas of the region. he wonders if it was there when he first went, then he realizes that perhaps the update was bugged from the start, and the closure never unintentional as they claimed.

his legs bring him to the very castle that housed the last setting that he saw in the game. his last memory included a skirmish with a knight and their doppelgangers— a description eerily similar to a previous experience. armed with wings of thunder and a firearm of ice, he enters the building for the second time.

a trashed palace greets him, just as they have left it. silence stirs as the only noise entering his ears are the quiet footsteps he makes, as well as buzzing noises of a static screen.

further along, the throne invites the ruler of the neighboring kingdom, ready to be conquered. kyle approaches it. what catches his eyes isn't something that can feasibly be found in the game, but rather something that doesn't belong.

the king of dragnor finds the drops of the last boss killed in this world— a piece of data that grants administrator privileges.

conquest
600/999
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 3:32:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the privileges physically manifest itself as a translucent tablet within the digital world. kyle likens the powers he looted to console commands, which are universally accepted as the best things to have in genres relating to video game worlds.

he is a god now.

mountains were leveled, and the ground were risen. the menu exhibits choices for him that can be found in city simulator games as terraforming was as easy as him taking the option and willing the adjustments in his head.

eventually, the kingdom of sylvia becomes his playground. the castle remains the only thing untouched, but luscious landscaping that the original devs gave the region now contained random valleys and waterways, with clearings and forests and deserts peppered across the land.

kyle eventually stops playing god and strolls through his creation. chaos was an apt description. distortion world would be a proper comparison, if only the sun and the lush flower fields didn't keep the place's fairy tale theme.

he supposed anything magical would be expected, but what's considered magical in a game world wouldn't use the conventional interpretation of the word.

the space fizzles in and out. the tears that he observed last night started to get bigger, as a direct consequence of his abuse of power. he'd rename the place glitch city if he could, but as far as he knows, the only entity in this world is himself.

a private server?

the question lingers in his head as he attempts to disturb the rips in space. his inquisitive nature touches the unstable entity, and a smile appears on his face as he gets his answers.

power
800/999
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 15:38:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's a ranger in this game.

it wasn't the most fitting role for the world breaker that he tries to be, but he already was classified as an anomaly by people who judge him. he exists to shatter expectations, one way or another. to rise from labels attached to him.

he is the emergent.

cocking his shotgun, he aims the barrel on the spatial rends. his finger hits the trigger, and a blast of ice enables the damage in the database. the environment stops and freezes over in a roar of time before everything else shatters over.

shards containing images of the terraformed sylvis kingdom peel off from the walls around kyle, breaking into tiny sparkles of minuscule pixels. when everything is uncovered, he finds himself surrounded with walls of white panels, arranged in a dome.

a terminal can be found in the middle of the room. he already knows what to expect: a puzzle. this felt pretty much like the cloud after all. expectations are broken when he walks up and checks the message on the screen of the terminal.

"welcome, the emergent! you have accumulated 998/999 sleep score. please return tomorrow to complete the objective!"

stepping up
998/999
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 6:13:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
u're such a loser to leave that last point out.

ding!

the limit for the sleep score, or whatever it was, was reached. he surmises that was what the sound was for. what happens then, he asks himself. for someone without dreams of his own, it's the question that gives him direction.

the terminal becomes the object of his attention as soon as he comes to his senses. it sticks out in a room of white, but it's the least of his worries. the thing that distracts him is the screen.

do you want answers to the world?

yeah.

unfortunately, you're not getting them today.

oh.

you still have your console commands, right?

isn't that for blades & bulwark?

you already know the nature of this reality. you can have everything you want. cherish it while it lasts.

'lasts?' you mean there's a time component?

oops. slip of the tongue. forget i said anything. anyways, remember what i said and have fun.

oh. thanks, then.

the terminal shuts down there and then, leaving him in his own devices once more. he's used to being alone, he convinces himself. the task was easy, given that there are blank spaces in his history that explicitly suggest episodes of his lonesome nature.

a lone wolf? lmao ure rly going for that metaphor?

the last few words seen on the terminal's screen echo in his head. have fun, it said. with the room empty, the only thing left for him was the one tool it reminded him that exists. it was naive to think it was confined to the previous world when everything was part of his own— his dream.

duh! people have been doing this in the interdream zone already!

it felt natural, almost like his abilities as a ho-oh avatar, to suddenly wield the cheat codes given to him by the system without an interface to guide him. all he needed to do was to think of any possibility, and it all assembles itself in this space.

don't wait too much. time's limited u know

when he turns, the terminal is already gone. all he has is the plain white room, whose walls start to fall outwards, revealing the cosmos and the void surrounding them. for a person with too much creativity to offer, nothing else appears, since the shadow admin has little imagination.

why do u look surprised? lol it's not ur first time seeing this

will this be the last?

nah. you'll be back tomorrow. you don't have to since you already reached the maximum score, but you will.

what makes you so sure?

it's because there's someone else who wants to continue writing this story.

999/999
wealth
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 6:20:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle lopez Avatar
"do you think we're meant to be together?"

"what do you mean?"

"I can't be trusted. i might just stab you in the back."

"we'll get there when we get there."

"...thank you. i promise to change just for you."

"just shut up. you'll do just fine."

"heh. thanks."

"lopez."

"oh, you're here. that's rare."

"here you go."

"what's this?"

"a gift."

"i see... but what for?"

"..."

"that's not an answer."

"take it as you will. i'd rather not make the trip next week."

"my birthday? aww, someone's shy."

"...goodbye."

"good morning!"

"it's afternoon, lopez."

"why the sour greeting?"

"your tardiness is becoming a problem. you're lucky you're one of the competent ones we have."

"ugh, fine. anyways, about the group barbecue trip for next christmas..."

"mhm?"

"it's still happening, right?"

"no."

"oh."

"would you rather have it be just the two of us?"

"w-w-w-what?!"

"don't you have lots of friends?"

"why did you ask that all of a sudden?"

"i dunno. everyone always asks if we're together. wouldn't that mean you don't hang out with other people?"

"idiot. it's because...!"

"because of what?"

"now that i think of it, why are they saying that?"

"ooh! maybe it's because we're both ikemen boys."

"what the fuck are ikemen boys?"

"basically pretty boys."

"dude, you think i'm a pretty boy?"

"n-no?"

"here."

"for the last time, mister lopez, i'm not a— never mind. you don't seem interested in correcting yourself in any case."

"just take it. it's better in your hands than in the trash."

"i suppose you're right. i'd rather that than them going to waste. i'm surprised though. do you know their language?"

"language?"

"the symbolism attached to them. they often dictate the sender's intent."

"oh! i just picked them up from my garden. is there... anything wrong?"

"nothing's wrong, but it's just something i needed right now. thank you."

"are you smiling?"

"i-i am not! stop being excited about it! why are you here for anyways? do you need the shop's services?"

"nope. is it a crime to hang out now?"

"kyle?"

"yeah?"

"would you still love me if i was a wurmple?"

"what kind of question is that? is that an innuendo?"

"what? no, bro! just answer it!"

"change it to poochyena, then you can have your answer."

"yeah, i'll be a dog for you, man! bark, bark, bark! woof, woof, woof!"

"i'll walk you-"

"with a leash? that's hot, bro."

"hot? w-wait, you said it's not one of those questions."

"well, you made it one."

"i'm leaving."

"noooo. i'll be a good boy for you! i'll do tricks that alpha wouldn't even do, like beg or roll over!"

"ugh. you're lucky you're cute."

"like a poochy?"

"y-yeah. i mean no!"

do you like these simulations?

"i... don't know how to feel about them."

aren't emotions something foreign to you until recently? you hated them, right?

"what's that supposed to mean?"

you know the reason why, right?

"because it's difficult to understand and they don't pander with reason."

but you have all the power to understand them while you're here, right? just run simulations about emotions getting heightened in multiple scenarios, study the patterns, and it wouldn't be a problem anymore.

"i'd rather not."

too much work? rather do something else? you don't care? hmm, or is it the change from then to now? you care for the ethics of playing with people's copies and you're not sure where it falls.

"fine. you're right. why are you tormenting me?"

torment? nah. i'm just your shadow... the true self. i know what you are, and you know who i am.

"that's an overused trope."

true, but you like tropes. either way, you're in charge here. this is your space. we're somewhere cut off from your world. you can even disconnect your ho-oh's influence— the one which made things more complicated for you by heightening your empathy— while you're here.

"why though?"

look down.

he looks down on his feet and sees a reflection on himself. like the surface of a crystal clear lake, the ripples of the silver liquid that produced a mirror revealed gold that needed to be dug out.

another one of himself stands opposite of him. it peers down to him and waves his hand in the same nonchalant, but friendly, manner that he would have done so.

"this has always been in your mind right?" it tells him.

he swallows. there's no need to reply. if what he tells him was true, then he should already know what he would respond with. and if it's him, he would mock him for not being fun.

"let's cut to the chase." sparing the awkward part of testing the waters was empathetic of him. "do you know where we are?"

he has an idea, but he'd never give an answer he wasn't entirely certain of.

"i'll spell it out for you."

he steps forward, breaking the tension of the pool that separated him and his doppelganger. though it looked like he took a plunge from his view underneath, the reflection falls from above, landing squarely in front of him.

"you failed to return here once before, but you're here now. tada. congrats on fulfilling your agenda in your dream. it's a bit shallow, not gonna lie, but i do agree it would've been fun, theoretically speaking."

"welcome back, u820 kyle lopez."

999/999
love
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 3:16:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle lopez Avatar
you aren't special here. avatarship can be given and taken at the administrator's whim. ho-oh's code can be rewritten and you would be back to the way you were before you have met him.

as the administrator, you have decided to do it.

you realize that it doesn't work. you've been alone the moment you existed in this space. there is no legend who passed the baton to your hand to continue their story, but you remember them in your head vividly.

as administrator, you have decided to recreate them.

tapu koko. he was the first to take notice of your abilities. although he said no, the brief moment with him gives you a taste of power you could have had. defensive barriers of electricity would fit your style in the battlefield, and electric terrain would have helped the pokemon you use the most, manectric.

had you gone with him, perhaps you'd feel more in your element. they were simple abilities compared to the complicated ones that manifest with each new avatar, but they fit you. all troubles associated with being avatar would have been negligible, as adaptable as you are. you could have retained who you really are.

in the end, it was cowardice that pushed the opportunity away.

entei. he was the one who scouted you in favor of your current patron, perhaps after he learned about the refusal of tapu koko. by some cruel twist of events, a search for an entirely different thing circled back to him, or rather, the deity he serves. you believed he could have had his own piece in the board, but you have surpassed his criteria so much that he offered you to ho-oh instead.

had he took it instead, perhaps you wouldn't feel lost. he was your guardian, even if it had been one out of obligation. loyalty has always been one of your favorite traits. that's why you dogs have always been your thing. maybe your connection with someone like entei would incite you to use your status as an avatar and allow you to flourish better.

you have potential. unfortunately, it doesn't equate to anything without an acting force.

terrakion. he's a knight in most popular stereotype you can think of. you didn't have to accept him, but you did. what were you thinking when it happened? nothing. you have literally nothing to gain, perhaps besides an ease of mind after the incident with tapu koko. have you thought that maybe it would be better if he went to someone else? you did, and it eats you alive every time you see him.

had you not felt bad about yourself and bonded better instead, perhaps he could have helped you become the hero everyone sees you as. the champion of hoenn befits terrakion's virtue of being the protector of the weak. you aren't righteous, but you don't need to be. terrakion has always been the type to help out if needed.

you are destined for greatness. temperance has been your downfall.

solgaleo. you had him since he was a cosmog. you never knew of its identity until it has imprinted itself on you. if you really had no intention of being part of hoenn's history, he would have been your ticket. even if you did, he still would have been your best option. instead, you decided to play it safe, and you are now suffering the worst of both possibilities.

had you been willing to take risks, perhaps the universe wouldn't be as messed up as it is now. you could have either lived your life as a civilian or be the trump card against the threat of the darkest day. there was a reason solgaleo first appeared on hoenn's shores, and its mission could have not ended had someone just took the shot and continued their legacy.

unfortunately, you don't take chances and darkness threatens to take hold.

ho-oh. the one legend who never showed up in the assignment of their own avatar. legends say he values purity of heart over everything. you wonder if that was the reason he never attempted to dictate his avatar to a direction he wants. it is because of him, however, that you start to wonder if you actually are a hero, or if he rewrote your code with other qualities befitting his ideals upon your rebirth.

for you, he was the worst fit. he bestowed upon you a great power, but you don't have any ambition to make use of it. although you think of scenarios where it would better suit another person you know, you always hate the idea of it. you live in the paradox of hating the situation you are put into, and at the same time, excited by the confidence it gives that pushes you to do your own thing without fear.

are you really its avatar when you don't even acknowledge your worth?

in an alternate timeline, you start to wonder who would have been the perfect fit.

darkrai. the avatar of the kyle of sea hoenn. everyone else had their corresponding legend fit their own personality back then, but it is you that finds one that doesn't have a direct mirror to your current patron. you have been wondering why, but tonight was the night you got your answer.

as administrator, your title, alone, gives you the reasoning you need.

you remember your first encounter with darkrai. everyone was clueless, but you faced the challenge head on and without fear. you lost your main pokemon early, returning to you not as an ally, but as an adversary. you have the back against the wall the entire time, but you reveled in the nightmare. you were in your element.

you start to think of dr. holo. you were interested in her research despite not being in the scientific field. at that time, you convinced yourself you were just concerned about the public's own concerns. you did not have to be the one to talk to her, however, but you decided to volunteer yourself. curiosity was a accurate excuse, but there is always an underlying reasoning behind them.

you wonder why. was it because the people you surround yourself with always had the biggest aspirations? or was it because the nature of your hobby feeds itself to boundless possibilities of imagination and that's what you characterize yourself with? regardless, you know for yourself that you don't need an answer.

you recall the place you exist. you have heard people call it the dream world, but you understand the true nature behind it. nevertheless, you are its lord. you have the commands to twist the world to your whims. perhaps ho-oh's lingering sentiments is the reason it is the way it is. nevertheless, one thing is clear.

as administrator, you are worthy.

darkrai has chosen kyle.copy, the obfuscator, as the ruler of this dimension.

999/999

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 6:13:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"-as the obfuscator. i was certain you would claim to be the revenant instead had you been darkrai's avatar. how fascinating!"

kyle blinks. on his hand was a cup of freshly brewed tea while a pastry tower sits on a table between him and the host.

maldacena.

"oh. you're here, u820 kyle lopez! should i still call you that?"

kyle finds his brows furrow as he pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head. he knows this is his attempt of humor, but the teasing only worked for him if he was the one who said it.

"that's just weird. don't bother. you know it gets weird in this space. we're basically the same person while we're here."

the scientist smiles. he pulls the cup close to his nose to appreciate the tea before placing it to his lips for a sip. a clink of the porcelain against the saucer contrasts against the soft sound of the breeze across the garden.

"then, shall we continue? you would get spoiled by the next stage of the game if we do, by the way."

kyle slumps on his seat after he places his own cup back to the table. a heavy sigh accompanies the dread of having to work overtime for the sake of his recreational project.

"that's fine. the sooner we finish, the better. it's the perfect birthday gift to me. besides, i already have that taken care of."

it piques maldacena's interest, though he isn't sure if it comes from courtesy or curiosity. "oh?"

"it involves me asking you for a reboot. besides, i'm born from the emergent. a rebirth suits me more than a life of shadows. can i ask you to do that? please?"

the curve of his lips bore good news for the copy born from the cloud.

"you and your people really are interesting."

999/999
revelations
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
new world order
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 21:24:47 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 7:55:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as far as he knows, he has more or less limited options on the situation as opposed to how it was in real life.

"are these even going to be helpful?!" he shouts as he stares at his cards. "i'm so boned."

zap cannon / icicle crash / king's shield

they weren't even gimmicky moves that he was used to working with!

he recognizes the moves as those he earned from the rare drops he got from blades&bulwark. he would have been able to achieve something with it, had it not been the exact same space and the exact same enemy under his current conditions.

"guys?" he pleads to the party he came to fight the boss with.

"but you're the player character, and i'm just an extra," matchamaker () responds to him. "i think you're just overreacting. i'm sure you can do it!"

"you heard her," lycoris () chimes in. "read my title. can't you see helping the hero isn't on my resume?"

"more tea?"

"yes, please."

"huh?!"

kyle decides to ignore them instead of worrying about it. kyle guesses that they were just npcs that the system made to bloat the number of players in the game for the sake of immersion. how else are they giving him a giant silvally against him and his measly cards.

"argh!" he shouts in despair. "fine! i'm doing it myself!"

the silvally starts to grow armor- crystals of vantablack that cover its entirety.

"y-yeah!" he talks to himself as a way to cope. "this is fine. i can do this. that means the memory in him is..."

kyle starts murmuring to himself about concepts and data about what he knows of this world, discussing with himself how things will go and how the logic of a realm such as the cloud would affect things.

the cloud?

the terminal appears from the other end of the room. if it was just like the previous time they were here, it all wouldn't matter as long as the puzzle presented on it was shown.

kyle runs, using his granbull as distraction, though he keeps an eye on his pokemon to assist as he goes.

turn 1: the dynamaxed silvally turns and attempts to chase after kyle. he crushes a card. zap cannon fires from the granbull, paralyzing it, before it taunts it to his direction.

turn 2: the dynamaxed silvally then switches its attention to the granbull. kyle crushes a card. the swing of its talons with a multi-attack gets blocked with a king's shield.

turn 3: the dynamaxed silvally tries to ignore the granbull this time. kyle crushes a card. with the pokemon on its way to play rough with its opponent, a supplementary icicle crash momentarily flinches the silvally for the trainer to insert the answer.

the moment kyle reaches the console terminal and inputs the answer to the puzzle, the simulation ends. everything dissolves into pixels as the dungeon expires after its conclusion.

he gets a system message afterwards, rewarding him with a crown, one that he has worn during his stay at blades & bulwark's ransei.

@tags
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 6:48:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's heard stories of people getting their happy endings, or people who finally reunited with their loved ones from the past.

kyle got a measly video game adventure he can experience in an afternoon.

he looks around the room, scanning the interior of what was suggested to be the cloud. it's an empty room he can design to fit his imagination's desires but when given to a person like him, it's already as barren as it can be.

the granbull beside him stares back. he was supposed to be the one guiding him to the goal, but there was seemingly no input from the pokemon. the entire place was the void- a place that isn't connected to time and space that people with limited knowledge of the universe like kyle can only assume has no beginning nor end.

"what now?" he asks his pokemon.

the fairy-type looks around and notices the terminal. it drags its trainer towards it, where its screen only displays a single prompt for kyle to follow.

do you want to delete your save file?

this was just a dream, he tells himself, but there's always a creeping fear that takes hold whenever the message appears by accident. this feels similar, and absolutely inferior to what other people have done during their own trips down the dream world.

he accepts the prompt with the lingering feeling that maybe he wasn't as substantial as other players are.

@tags
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 7:25:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

"yo, idjit!" a voice yells for him. "are ya even paying attention?"

kyle blinks. the scent of the island air was replaced by deciduous smell of elm trees and mountains. the pathway on the ground was worn and almost faded, but it's been busy enough that grass and shrubs haven't overtaken them.

the face in front of him reminds him of the place: johto.

"as gym trainer, it's your job to help me find the legendary dragons 'round here! i read in books that there's a portal to their place of origin in these ruins. it's those creepy eye things."

"you mean the unown?"

"huh? no, you idjit! we know them! it's in the books, i told you! shaped like letters and stuff."

he finds himself with a faint smile. "yeah, that's what i meant. the unown."

"i already told you, idjit! stop playing around! this is serious!"

this was more than a few years ago, back when he still had been part of blackthorn's gym as one of its attendants. has always been interested in legends, and it wasn't something that rubbed off of him. still, kyle always listened to his rambles and took part in any adventure he has to find more about these dragons.

the ruins of alph had been the world's most interesting place for those who study the world beyond what was perceived. the unown were always connected to legends from way back, and those relating to dragons hadn't been an exemption, priming them as one of the young gym leader's interests.

"hey. did you hear about the rumors of creepy voices on the radio station when you play it around here?"

"y-y-you don't scare me! fuck off! i'm doing serious work around here and you're just playing around!"

"i'm playing it."

"stop! stop! we just entered one of the secret entrances and you're going to get us killed by a ghost before we even explored!"

the radio plays regardless of mateo's qualms. it's a distorted sound that felt too distinct to be random static picked up from neighboring frequencies of other radio stations, but distorted enough to be found creepy.

supposedly, the portal to the dragons that shaped the world could be found here according to ancient texts that mateo had read. kyle wouldn't have believed them before, but the place's connection with the unown had changed his beliefs somewhat after recent years.

he finds himself laughing at the gym leader's panic when an unown pops out of the cave, seemingly attracted by the sound he played on his pokegear.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
new world order
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 6:47:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a wish tag, huh?

kyle isn't a person that wants to change the future or the past. he does have regrets, but it doesn't influence him enough to make adjustments to the timeline. if anything, the main fuel for his fluidity to take action was more akin to curiosity than anything else.

his letter to father winter comes to mind. the past has already changed him, and the future will eventually do. he finds nothing to resolve in his present, as non-committal as that answer was.

to be content

he already was, as far as he knows. the only other thing that would change his perspective about it would be if there's some deep-seethed desire that he wasn't aware of.

avatarship changes people. kyle has already noticed it in him, and it won't be long until he understands the rest of what ho-oh wants.

@tags
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights