awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 23:54:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Normally it was him that needed rescuing, however this time around…

“Loki, are you absolutely sure that you saw the Hypno taking him away?!” he began as he looked over at the Sableye that was frowning his way and making extremely wild gesturing motions.

“Wait, what—when did this happen?!” he blinked a few moments later.

“Are you shitting me?!” he exclaimed as the Sableye made a few more gestures that meant ‘it literally happened while I was here and you were busy earlier today!’ before he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“…alright. Take me to where you last saw him. Please.”

He hoped that he wouldn’t run into any doppelgangers or anything fucking out of the ordinary…

how the turns have tabled this time!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 15:52:45 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]
[attr="class","memophtag"]

[attr="class","memophmain"]
He doesn’t sleep well. He hasn’t for about two years, ever since the traumatic mindfuckery of the digital world left lasting imprints on his brain. It’s too easy to cross the bounds of slumber into the realm of nightmare where he comes face to face with his other self, wicked and mutated in the grasp of apathy.
[break][break]
It makes him an easy target for trolling, crawling, wicked hooks to sink into his dreaming mind.
[break][break]
He doesn’t realize he’s moving. He’s not awake. In his dreams, he’s sitting at a table, in a dark room. Across from him sits himself.
[break][break]
“I knew you’d be back.”
[break][break]
He’s exhausted. Even here, asleep, he’s tired.
[break][break]
“You don’t know anything.”
[break][break]
“If only that were true,” his doppelganger says, sounding just as exhausted, for once.

[attr="class","memophpoke"]

[newclass=.memoph]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:75px 40px 40px 40px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph b] color: #7DCE82; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memophpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 14:42:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Sableye broke out into a run the moment they were out of the Sanctuary grounds, slipping into shadows here and there—but turning around to wait for him to catch up.

“W-wait f-for me, Loki,” he gasped, realizing that the spectral Pokémon was moving extremely fast—they were in a hurry!

“D-don’t go too fast! S-slow down, let me catch up!” he continued, finally managing to get to the corner where the Sableye was impatiently waiting, resisting the urge to bang his head against the nearest lamp post.

“C-come on, where?” he breathed out once he’d finally gotten his bearings.

Why was he running as slow as a mummy, anyway?!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 14:25:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Somewhere in the city streets, his slumbering body cavorts around, knocking into things and stumbling like a zombie.
[break][break]
Elsewhere…
[break][break]
“I’m not talking to you.”
[break][break]
“You just did.”
[break][break]
Memo glares across the table. His doppleganger’s grin cranks wide. It makes him never want to smile again.
[break][break]
“You’re all talk. You know you need me. You were never meant to succeed in this world. You’re too soft.” Other Memo leans forward on his forearm, leering. “I’m the part of you that weathers the storm. You’re the chewy bit that gets eaten first.”

[newclass=.memoph]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:75px 40px 40px 40px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph b] color: #7DCE82; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memophpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 15:23:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Sableye’s normal cackling grin was upside-down as he waited for his bumbling human to catch up.

“W-well, where… where is he?” he gasped once he’d caught up to the purple Pokémon, before the Sableye made to leap towards a certain street corner… wait a second, why were the streetlights getting darker?

“L-Loki, y-you better make sure this… this isn’t a trap,” he breathed out, looking up above him and watching the lamp post light flicker.

The Pokémon continued to vigorously point towards the darker part of the street, gnashing his teeth and all that.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 17:23:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

He fixed his doppelganger with a steady stare, hoping to convey that he was neither scared, nor impressed.
[break][break]
“Yes, thanks to your intervention, I learned the error of my ways, and changed. But I don’t need you any longer.”
[break][break]
His own grin was a knife in the dark room.
[break][break]
“Oh, I think you do. I think you miss it. Not feeling. Not hurting. Not caring if you fall, or fail. I think it’s only a matter of time until you come crawling back.”
[break][break]
Memo rolled his eyes.
[break][break]
“I haven’t even dreamt about you in months.”
[break][break]
“Funny you should now, huh?”
[break][break]
His physical foot caught on something and he stumbled, falling on his face in the dirt. Tendrils of psionic energy pulled at his hair, his clothes, urging him up. He braced his skinned hands and pushed forward.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 18:14:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The lights continued to flicker, and while he wasn’t afraid of the dark…

“Loki, you better fucking swear th-this isn’t a trap…” he trailed off as he gathered his courage, before taking a deep breath and following the waiting Sableye into the gloom.

It would be an adjustment for him to see in the dark, because let’s face it… his memories from the time he was almost kidnapped and killed by a fucking Litwick back home were starting to peek out from the darkest depths…

“Well, where is h-he?” he breathed out once his eyes had finally adjusted to the gloom… but then, he thought he heard a loud noise.

“Wh—what was th-that?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 18:03:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Whatever is propelling Memo’s body forward has him clambering to his feet, lumbering and spinning slightly. His shoulder hits a wall and slides, grinding on dusty brick, until he staggers to the other side.
[break][break]
“It doesn’t mean anything. It’s just a dream.”
[break][break]
‘Keep telling ourself that and maybe someday we’ll believe it.’
[break][break]
Actual Memo buries his face in his hands.
[break][break]
“You are so annoying.”
[break][break]
‘Well, I’m you, so.’
[break][break]
He drags his palms down his face, pulling at his eyes. He should hopefully wake up soon.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 21:31:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It sounded like something hitting a wall, at least from where he stood. He then squinted into the pervading gloom, before seeing the Sableye hold up both his stubby arms; as if telling him to wait for him there.

“O-okay,” he breathed out as the Sableye sunk into the thickening darkness; the better to scout up ahead…

It wouldn’t take too long for the other to eventually emerge at a vantage point very close to where Memo was sleepwalking, and the Sableye’s mouth flipped upside-down in alarm—what was making the other human move like that?

Wakey-wakey, Memo!

The Sableye then tried to clap the other man awake by using Fake Out on him!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 20:02:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

His alternate self cocked his head to the side, eyes flicking away. “Shucks. Looks like our time is up.”
[break][break]
“Thank god.”
[break][break]
“Don’t be so sure on that. Every time you let me in, I get a little bit stronger. We talk a little longer.”
[break][break]
“You’re just a dream. You have no power over me.”
[break][break]
“You keep telling ourself that, champ.”
[break][break]
And in a lightning-quick motion, his double launched across the table, hand shadowed and turned into claws, slamming Memo in the side of the head, digging in through skin, through flesh, through bone--
[break][break]
--his eyes popped open and he stumbled forward, arching his spine around Loki and pitching to the side with a cry of dismay. He landed hard on his ribs, knocking the air from him, and he rolled over to look up at the starry sky above him.
[break][break]
“Thanks, bud,” he wheezed, weakly flashing a thumbs up.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 19:08:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment he heard the loud noise (it kind of sounded like a snap… or was it a slap?) he squealed and then made to hide behind the lamp post where his Sableye made him wait.

What the hell made that sound, why was it so loud?!

He continued to hide behind said lamp post until he saw a blur of purple approaching, mouth turned upside-down and now gesturing towards the—

“Loki, that was you?!” he gasped as he made the mad dash forward, never mind if the lights overhead from the lamp posts he passed were flickering—hell, did one of them pop and short out?!

Either way, it didn’t take too long for him to find…

“Frog!” he exclaimed, making the crazy skid-dash forward and immediately, for all 6’1 of him, scooped the other man up into his arms.

“A-are you okay?!”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 20:15:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

He didn’t have much time to lay on the ground and lament his aching everything because seconds later he was being scooped up like a stuffed animal and squeezed to a familiar, warm chest.
[break][break]
“Never better,” he said, muffled, into Alex’s collarbones, wincing a little as his boyfriend grabbed whole handfuls of now-bruised flesh. “Just a nightma-- wait.” He shifted, putting hands on Alex’s shoulders and trying to straighten himself.
[break][break]
“Why are we… outside?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 17:29:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that he had his partner in a bridal-style carry, he could relax; while his Sableye acted as a lookout in case they were jumped on.

“Loki here told me something happened. Like, you were sleepwalking? That was like, before I asked him to take me to you,” he explained, giving the cliff notes version.

“Thing is, it looked like you were bumbling around… drunkenly… and I think you almost hit a lamp post or two while you were out here…”

Meanwhile, the Sableye continued to squint into the pervading gloom just beyond where the two humans were having their incredibly cheesy reunion.

“…guess I got to save you this time around, huh?” he cracked; a fantastically failed attempt at humor.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 21:03:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Alex made many protestations to his generalized upper body weakness, but he had never not been able to carry Memo when it counted. Just little things you should look for in a partner, really, Memo thought.
[break][break]
Anyway, he was still blinking owlishly at the streetlights, trying to wrap his head around the concept of being anywhere besides where he had gone to bed.
[break][break]
“Sleepwalking?” he parrotted, mouth crinkling to fight down a yawn. “Great. That’s a new one.”
[break][break]
He tried to ignore the worry building in his stomach by smiling up at his boyfriend.
[break][break]
“My hero,” he crooned, reaching up to cup Alex’s cheek and stroke it with a thumb. “You should take me back to your castle so I can thank you properly.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
subversion [m][dd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 18:48:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, you bet your ass I will,” he continued as he then made to stand up—before belatedly realizing he was going to need a lot of upper body strength to carry him back to their flat on the Sanctuary grounds in bridal-style.

“Do you… do you want me to c-cary you l-like this, or… or you want to ride on my back and w-we can get out of here?” he offered; blush painting his face a very fierce shade of red because holy fucking shit why was he reacting like this again?!

He could feel all the Beautifly in his stomach literally going into some kind of frenzied dance the moment the flattery was laid on extremely thick for him.

“S-Shall we go back?” he went on; all this while the Sableye stood guard to make sure whatever had tried to kidnap the other human was no longer around.