2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
the shivering [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 20:57:18 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

This had been the last reported spot where Tapu Koko was spotted and judging by the empty cans of Charja Cola left along the beach those reports seemed to be true. It was one thing for one of these to just wander off on its own but to also be a litterbug? For shame.

Still because of its wandering off Kaz had to check on something, on the guardian itself. After the mess of that treasure island business he ran into something...odd. Something related to their little friend here as it watched Kaz and another approach it while it cracked open another cola to sip on. Speaking off another...

"I really appreciate ya letting me use your key Lars. I didn't know they had revoked mine." Was it a lost email he accidentally deleted? Or did they just never tell him that he was part of AQUA anymore? He stepped down to help the Rangers during a time of internal crisis but...to think they would relieve him of important duties for the region. It stung a bit.

It also stung that he asked to come along just so he could get up close to it, the guilt was eating away like the sugars in that cola eating away at the legendary's stomach. "Hey, you've dealt with these better than me, can I ask...you guys in AQUA ever talk about two different avatars sharing a legendary?"

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the shivering [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 17:25:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Anything to help, man,” he nodded quietly—because most of the legendaries that they were free to practice with or go up against in battle, he’d already met—

Diancie with , Jirachi with , Heatran with

So it was only this one that he hadn’t faced off against, at least not yet.

“At least you know where to look when it comes to getting closer to them,” he added with a bit of a laugh in his voice a few moments afterward; catching sight of the few cans of Charja Cola that had been left outside the cave.

His other question made him stop and wonder. Hm.

There was one outlying case, however he wasn’t sure how the other would take it if instead of two, there were supposed to be three of them…

“Well, funny story, what if I tell you that there was an instance one legendary almost had three different Avatars?” he posed the question back to his companion.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
the shivering [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 7:08:24 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Wait what? Three of the same legendary? Who-?" He stops himself as his eyes go wide with the information. He almost didn't realize his own slip up with his own question. In doing so it seemed he stumbled into something just as interesting as the question he wanted to ask.

Because what Legendary would give itself to three different people?

"Which one was it? Cause three is kinda a big number ain't it? Are...are they still around?" He probably already knew the answer. Something like that doesn't just happen without word of it spreading pretty quickly. The more avatars that were around the more info about them would be looked into. If three belonged to the same patron then info about that particular case should be widespread!

So why wasn't it?

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the shivering [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 20:22:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Yep,” he began, nodding quietly as he took the lead into the cold cavern. Thank the hell it was low tide, otherwise their search may come to a premature end.

“Oh, right, speaking of which. Good thing it’s low tide. Easier to find the Pokémon we’re looking for out here,” he added.

With a part-Electric island deity, that would be easy—considering that majority of the wild Pokémon in Shoal Cave knew that there was only one powerful enough to make them scatter the moment they announced their presence.

“…it was the funny bacon bird. The one from Kalos, the one called ‘Yveltal’. I know this, because he was one of the almost-three avatars of that particular Pokémon.”

Should the other pry further, he would get even juicier answers… if he dared.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
the shivering [m]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 18:30:50 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

His face formed a long and silent "oooh" as he was given names of Pokemon and people he knew. He was aware that the man he called his friend was chosen by such a creature in the past and after a while it left him. The exact details of that were a little fuzzy if non-existent to the larger gigner giant. As it all mixed together in his brain it started to make a little more sense why the man seemed to be hard on himself at times.

"I knew Thomas was friendly with a bird like that but...I didn't know he was sharing it with other people. Guess when he said it went to Rocket it picked a side." He had to wonder how Legendaries saw the conflict going around to pick people on their side. Maybe they didn't really care all that much or the people they picked had qualities that went beyond affiliation. A sort of "best man for the job" type of deal they were looking for.

As they went deeper into the cave the sound of crackling reached them as a yellow shell suddenly flew over their heads. It zigged and zagged above them before stopping and turning towards the two. Kaz recognized the shape of a bird's head that the shell gave off as it dove down in front of them and opened up, revealing the black body of the guardian deity inside looking at the two with fierce eyes.

Right. Black body.

"Fuck, actually that wasn't what I was trying to ask." He slowly tapped a ball on his belt and out came his Incineroar who's passionate roar warmed his body up in the cold as it stood tall to intimidate the deity, "I meant to ask; you ever see two of the same legendary before? I fought a guy recently on that treasure island who had another Koko with him. 'Cept it was all black."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the shivering [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 16:59:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I have,” he nodded quietly.

“It was between Tom and , actually. This happened up on Mount Pyre, and there were two smaller versions of the bacon bird that were… well, bestowed on them.”

What he hadn’t told the other yet was that it had almost become three had he not run off to Shoal Cave and gotten himself tangled up with the one slumbering in the frozen underbelly of this place.

“It was almost three because Tom was called ‘the Judge’, the other was called the ‘Executioner’, and… well, guess who the ‘Jury’ would’ve been.”

All too soon he saw a streak of lightning flash by, before…

“Wait. Wait, hang on. You saw a black version of…?!” he dropped off, his eyes staring at the other Electric-type Pokémon that was now in front of them.

Plucking out a certain Pokéball, he then summoned his Metagross without a single blink.

“Hold up. When did this happen?”