awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
mentor [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 15:20:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]to celebrate her twenty-fourth birthday, she's been tasked to mentor an up and coming cadet. it's her birthday gift to herself. she can relax while also knowing she's accomplishing something, working towards the greater good. 

sen and lerye are already out of their pokeballs and lazing about near the ocean's shallows. it's a warm day, hot and sticky, and even freya has slipped off her shoes in favor of dipping her toes in the water. 

she's sitting by the shore by the time ace arrives. they've only had brief correspondence. she'd reached out to assign him this mission and had given him a prompt start time. 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mentor [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 16:19:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
an 'up and coming' cadet is a huge overstatement because ace is anything but that. he's not the total opposite because that would also be an overstatement. he's simply mediocre, placed right in the middle where he feels most comfortable. so color him surprised when he received an assignment so early on in his cadet life. from a councilwoman, too!

it's a hot and sticky day unfit for a rigorous activity like picking up trash. that's the assignment, by the way, to pick up trash. it sounds so bland but to ace it's anything but. he shows up with a smile, ready to clean the beach.

unfortunately he had received no notice of the lenient dress code so he shows up in his ranger uniform, jacket and all and sweating like mad. even socks who's usually more than content with staying on ace's shoulder looks particularly uncomfortable today. ace is already out of breath by time he reaches the beach.

"miss councilwoman." he greets with a smile on his face. "i would salute but my hands are full." at that he gives his two hands a soft shake up and down; one carries a pair of tongs and the other a black garbage bag.

"we are ready for the assignment."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
mentor [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 2:50:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]he shows several minutes early. she looks down at her watch as he approaches, noting his punctuality with a nod to herself. it's the little things that matter. keeping appointments is important to her, and if not accomplishing the former, then at least communicating why. 

a crumpled soda can launches through the air and rolls just in front of their feet. she bends over to where she'd left a pair of rubber gloves and slips them on before grabbing the can and waving at sen.

"then let's get to work, cadet higgins. sen and lerye there will send some things to shore from time to time so watch out for that." 

she blinks and then raises a brow. "and cadet, you're free to take off your jacket. i can't have you fainting on me during an assignment."

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mentor [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 15:40:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
cadet higgins. it's not the first time he's heard it and it won't be the last but it still manages to fill him with a sense of excitement and wonder at the possibilities the future holds for him. he smiles, nodding. at the mention of his jacket, his ready-for-anything demeanor cracks for a moment as he peers down at the heavy uniform.

"oh, yes, okay. give me one second, miss councilwoman." 

he clumsily drops both items out of hands at the same time and quickly slides the jacket off. he brings the ends of it around his waist to loop around each other before tugging it tight. nodding mostly to himself, he bends at the knees and picks up the trash bag and the pair of tongs.

"ready." 

he holds out the garbage bag towards freya, noticing how she had picked up the can from earlier. he also notices her rubber gloves, to which he has none. he peers down at his own hands then back at hers.

"i don't have those. that won't be a problem, right?"