Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
VCT: Biscotti vs Doug
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 21:15:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

"Hi! John Sullivan— nice to meet'cha!" Doug shouted cheerfully from the other end of the arena as his opponent arrived, raising an arm in salute before gesturing with it to his pokemon on the field.

The scyther had just finished her warm up stretches, her sharp gaze falling upon Biscotti as her trainer introduced her. "That's Kama! Don't mind the dirty look, she's a sweet."

The Scyther borderline snarled.

"See? Adorable."

TL;DR:
Hi, Biscotti!
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 18:17:12 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The brunette nodded at John’s greeting. His own smile slid into place—his anxiety making him readjust it. The salute is met with a half-hearted, similar gesture. If that was a military thing, he didn’t want to be rude. But a twist of his scarred hand turned that motion into a stuttering wave. “Same!” Then, there’s another pause. “I mean about it being nice to meet you. My name isn’t John.” With a heavy sigh—a familiar gesture when he introduced himself—the baker finished quietly, “It’s Biscotti.”

The Incineroar decided to do a few stretches of her own. If the bug wanted to show off, she could do the same. Lean muscles rippled as the cat threw both arms over its head. These were then stretched to the side. Her fingers rippled as deadly claws burst from their tips. As the man introduced the bug type, Jangle offered it a single, passive glance. That snarl earned a smoke snort and little else.

Those eyes bore into his soul like some—uh—well, giant bug with scythes for arms. His heartbeat sped up as his gaze traveled from the grumpy bug to his own cat. “Yeah, uh, sure.” He smiled and waved. Hopefully, the fire stuff comes in handy.

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 19:05:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

The other youth and his pokemon seemed nice. And funny.

"Biscotti, got it! That's a pretty good name!" He said while Kama stepped up to the battlefield.

The battle would begin soon.

"Hope you've been having fun with the tourney!" He said politely, before the bell initiating the match rang. "Us, we've had our ups and downs... but fun's the one thing we're good at! Ready when you are!"

Kama nodded at the Incineroar that was to be her opponent before couching low, signaling she was about to start. Then, she lunged at high speed, rushing across the battlefield to meet her opponent in close quarters with surprising boldness.

TL;DR:
Kama is using Close Combat!

|t_6|fXB
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 5:50:16 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]“Pretty good?” Honey eyes blinked twice. It almost looked like John had been speaking in a foreign language. “You know it’s a biscuit, right?” Even as he said it, the brunette felt almost guilty. His big sis had it worse. A lady with a name based on creme fillings couldn’t go long without some perv cracking a joke. Then, there was Sarspirilla—good luck spelling that in a pinch. And, of course, that didn’t exactly lend itself to a nickname. He could get away with calling himself Scott if he wanted to.

At the talk of fun, the brunette looks to Jangle first. It seemed kind of dickish to just say this stuff was fun. It wasn’t like he was getting punched in the face right now. The cat nodded. “Yeah! Totally!” Biscotti chuckled. “And, I don’t mind losing. It gives somebody else a leg-up.” It felt nice to be useful once in a while. Most of the time, he was good for nothing but stammering and putting his foot in his mouth. Judging by the twist to Jangle’s lips, she didn’t feel the same.

As the Scyther drew near, the cat unleashed its inner heat in a fiery Flare Blitz.

EYkjXYq9

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 22:00:37 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

"John means dick depending on who you ask— trust me, you're doing fine!" He cracked back with a cackle, grinning ear to ear.

As the blazes exploded outwards, Kama charged into them regardless, braving the fire as she launched multiple strikes with the blunt ends of her scythes.

TL;DR:
Kama is using Close Combat again!
tBYCxKBO
2/3 HP
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 16:49:42 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The comment made him wince. That kind of name wouldn’t be fun either—though, wait a second. “I’m pretty sure that’s Johnson[/i.?” Realizing he was trying to correct a guy about his own name, Scotti reddened. “Or, uh, I’ve only heard ‘John’ used for bathrooms.” Which isn’t much better. Though, in his case, a bathroom would be way more useful right now. "Which isn't saying much." Listening wasn't always his strongsuit.

The Scyther’s return to close quarters surprises the Incineroar. Bushy black brows jerk up as the gossamer wings burst through the screen of smoke. She gasps. “!?” Was this bug suicidal or something!? The flames collapse—the recoil hitting her deep in the chest. Like the world’s worst heartburn mixed with a derailed train.

Muscular arms bunch as she turns her knuckles outward. This Cross Chop puts her arms within the blade’s reach, but it’s better than getting slammed into by 50-plus pounds of killer mantis.

ajEmxvrV + 15 (Terastal)

HP: ♡ ♡

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 21:05:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

At those words, Doug can only laugh.

Kama's repelled by the other's empowered blow, feeling the attack ring through her limbs.

Seeing their opponent activate the terastal phenomena, Doug lifted his arm in the air, the crystal in his hand activating.

Kama blurred out of sight as she launched high in the air, before coming down unto the arena like a missile, destroying the battlefield.

TL;DR:
Kama is using Close Combat again!
ptCl25Qn+50
1/3 HP
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights