snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
st jude
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 3:45:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in truth, she used to feel a small, burning sensation like jealousy in the depths of her body whenever was near. the patron he has - their tether to each other - still exists with a twinge of longing in her bones.

she remembers the sensation of the bond, of the pearly pink scales and the relief of mist escaping as wisps out of the body's pores. any trace, now, is gone. it has been overwritten by another, long since snuffed out to make room for pink-tinted ichor.

and when he shows at her labs on her request, her body no longer has to shove down feelings of jealousy. instead, a genuine smile finally blooms - its petals folding softly into her cheeks.

"long time no see, huh?"

a beat passes. space flows easily in the silence and she resists the urge to guide it along like tracing the surface of a pond.

"you and tapu lele have been well, i hope?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
st jude
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 16:15:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

St. Jude

With

One of their head scientists had called for him. He was rarely ever requested for, so it was a nice for his ego.

He smiles for the newly reinstated avatar, unaware of what goes through her head as he laughs off her words.

"Not at all!" He said. "I saw you beating the ice dinosaur's ass just the other day. What's up, Dr. Reyes?"

He would've congratulated her on rejoining them all back on the chessboard, but few had the sense of humor for that one.

Tapu Lele's absence was rather marked following her words. He could only offer an apologetic smile.

"She's always having fun, so we've at least that going for us." He says. She was off doing her own thing, as far as he was aware.

Maybe she was harassing her siblings, or maybe she was sleeping in his shadow. He was never certain until she popped up.

"I'm not too bad myself— just a little tired." Fresh out of the ER. Unlike at the VCT, though, he had found the time to get out of his scrubs before arriving to her labs, thankfully.

"So! What'cha need me for, Doc?" He asked.

TL;DR:
'ello, Dr. Reyes!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
st jude
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 17:43:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a soft, tinkering sort of laugh escapes - easy as a breeze.

"oh, i don't know if i'd say i had much to do with that! it was all thanks to those gathered and palkia."

her free hand waves it idly from the air. she is careful to avoid puncturing little holes into the fabric of space around them, though one or two manage to slip through the cracks. she repairs them as quickly as they come all the same.

and her smile widens just a tad, slipping through fondness at the mention of tapu lele. it's no longer a sore subject - the wounds have long since healed... even her mist has slowly eroded away.

"i'm glad you're both doing well. you'll come around more in the future, won't you?"

both are always welcome, even if they might not want to be holed up in a lab all day.

she leads him, then, toward her desk and the plush chairs set up in front of it. she takes her own chair, still adorned with her lab coat snuggly wrapped around the back, before gesturing for him to take one of the plush seats.

"so, i've actually begun a new avatar project, and i wanted to ask if you would be willing to be my first subject - would that be alright?"

a beat passes. she doesn't allow space to permeate much before her voice cuts through once more.

"we'd be working on biological changes to your body while also exploring powers and weaknesses too."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
st jude
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 19:23:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

St. Jude

With

He makes no comment on the cracks in the space-time continuum he had just witnessed. This alone overqualified him for Hoenn's 'polite' society.

"I'll try my best. But you know how it is in Hoenn." He said with a tired sigh, leaning back against the wall.

Hospitals everywhere remained criminally understaffed. Thus all the running he did around Hoenn. He was Hoenn's very own freelance (emphasis on the free) miracle medic.

"I'll find ways to make the time for ya, though." He promised with a cheeky, very tired wink.

The conversation moves on to her desk, his tired butt finding comfort in the plush seats, where he resists the urge to promptly melt and fall asleep.

Once again. Polite society, overqualified.

"Ya know I ain't got no issues with offering my body for science." He said, resisting a tired yawn by biting the inside of his cheek.

Past history spoke for itself.

"That said, can we go over what we'll be doing first?"

TL;DR:
'ello, Dr. Reyes!

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
st jude
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 19:16:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she accepts the concept of trying with a brighter smile, as if it's all the confirmation she needed to hear.

"no pressure - i know you're busy as of late!"

he is, after all, one of the foremost healers in their midst - to clog up his time with idle chitchat to satisfy her own loneliness would be a disservice to him in the end.

and really, he has no problem volunteering for assisting both and herself whenever they need it. for that, she swears they are eternally grateful.

"well, mostly questions, procuring new samples, and a demonstration of your current power level would suffice."

she needs data to study, information to fill in gaps where actions fail... and the samples, themselves, are for tracking energy levels against the biological makeup of the mortal body. without one, the others would falter.

"do you have a preference on where you'd like to start, too? we can take it slow."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
st jude
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 2:05:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

St. Jude

With

"Nah, nah, that ain't an excuse—" His words slurred as his mouth unwittingly widened, his hand rising to cover away his yawn. "—to not say hi, at least."

He shouldn't leave his acquaintanceships and friendships unattended. Maybe if he had worked a little harder on his relationships with others he wouldn't feel as out of the loop so often.

At her suggestions, he cupped his chin thoughtfully. He didn't think his powers had gotten any stronger now than they had been before... and he was a bit tired for any intense questioning...

"Let's go with samples." He said after a moment, rolling up his sleeves in preparation whilst nodding at his big, cube briefcase. "Got syringes in the bag, if ya need 'em."

TL;DR:
'ello, Dr. Reyes!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
st jude
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 21:39:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she understands, in a way, the urge to visit despite a busy schedule. whether it's the fear of missing out on important happenings or simply combating loneliness, she can see the appeal all the same. it's why her head bobs into a nod and a soft "okay," escapes her lips.

and at the mention of wanting to proceed with samples, she rises from her chair.

"right - i'll gather the supplies."

her smile is kind, though mildly distracted as she goes over a mental checklist of everything required.

"be right back."

the alchemist drifts toward a different part of her lab, then, and collects each small piece of medical supplies to properly conduct sample collection. petri dishes, gauze, syringes, swabs, alcohol pads, tourniquets, and more are gathered up in her arms and brought back toward him on a small stainless steel tray.

"we'll start with blood first to check energy levels, then we'll do a quick cheek swab for genetic analysis."

the tray makes a soft, barely noticeable clink against the desk when she lays it flat.

"are you ready?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
st jude
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 17:42:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

St. Jude

With

"The energy levels are— Uuuhwaaahhh...— they're low, doc." He said between yawns with a hand over his mouth, using the petering amount of fuel he had left in the tank to make a crack. "Let's hear what the analyzers think, though."

Unfortunately, boundless energy wasn't in his powerset— It was in ', the lucky bastard.

Sitting down to get his syringed, the surgeon wasn't too affronted by the tools of the trade on the platter, well acquainted with each and every one of them by now.

Not to mention syringes started looking almost cute after being stabbed enough times.

"Sure am, Doc. Hit me up." He said, extending out his arm. "How's life with Palkia anyway? S'they a chatty one?"

TL;DR:
Making small talk while getting needle'd.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
st jude
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 2:47:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum escapes. his energy levels are low?

"your infinity energy levels are low? or - wait, your actual human energy levels?"

she had been focused on the bond, but the weight of divinity on the body and the toll it exacts always seems to escape her in the grand scheme of things. she flushes a slight pink in the ears with hot embarrassment.

his arm extends toward her, then, and she refocuses enough to begin prepping the area of his arm. a tourniquet is tied around his bicep and after she swipes an alcohol pad over the area to sterilize it, she unwraps a fresh syringe from its package and connects it to a small tube fed into a vial.

"okay, you'll feel a pinch..."

and she slides the needle into his vein. as blood begins to steadily trickle through the tube into the vial, she lets out a little chuckle.

"no, it's definitely not very chatty. it's more like - well, how should i put this? a silent observer, maybe?"

palkia feels detached, sometimes, when it's out and about. there's a strong connection between them, surely, but they feel disconnected from the rest of the universe entirely sometimes. she can't quite put her finger on it, though.

"is tapu lele chatty with you?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
st jude
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 20:49:40 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

St. Jude

With

He just gave her an amused grin.

He didn't react to the needle, neither when it went in, nor out.

"I guess that makes sense." He hummed, eyes on the ceiling.

Neither Palkia nor Dialga look chatty. The jury was still out there on whether they could even communicate with humans in a way humans could comprehend.

Deities with control over time and space seemed like the sort of elder gods that would go beyond humanity's capacity for comprehension.

Or maybe Lovecraft was full of shit, who knew.

"Uh. Depends on how ya define it." He said, laughing. "She certainly ain't quiet."

Though most wouldn't be able to tell by just hanging around her.

"I've never heard a word from her." He said, after a moment of deliberation. "But I've heard her... scream. Once. Think everyone did."

R.I.P., 's elite 4 room.

"Usually, I just get... Uh... feelings from her." He said, tapping at his chin thoughtfully. "It's not easy to put it in words."

Though he assumed Illeana could put the pieces together— presumably, she had experienced it herself.

TL;DR:
Making small talk while getting needle'd.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
st jude
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 21:30:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb leaguechar"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
holy water can't help you now,[break]
thousand armies couldn't keep me out

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

the process of blood samples is mostly idle motions kept on autopilot, allowing for the alchemist to submerse herself in the conversation.

[break][break]

and as he describes his experience with tapu lele, she feels a small sort of familiar pang in her chest. the knowing bogs down the mind, keeping it present in its nostalgia.

[break][break]

she remembers - perhaps too well - the feelings he alludes to. they had been fleeting, small seconds passing in a never-ending stream of time, but they had felt so grandiose then, hadn't they?

[break][break]

"i get what you mean."

[break][break]

he doesn't need to put it into words, she supposes. they're both pieces on the board for the island deity - one former, one current - and she doubts the sensation of such a bond could really change over the course of time. still, she wonders if it could... if something new could be drawn out from a god beneath the right circumstances.

[break][break]

"it's kind of like a shared knowing, isn't it? the emotions flow from one body into the other and vice versa."

[break][break]

she begins to disconnect the components of her blood collection, then, with practiced fingers and a quick swab of alcohol across the extraction site and his skin. after a moment, the small red vial is labeled and set into a nearby machine. there, it processes for a few minutes before a soft ding signals its completion.

[break][break]

"you know, it feels similar with palkia - there's this innate understanding, or something, that further links us together."

[break][break]

she couldn't explain it, either, if she tried.

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"]--accent: #E37474!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #E37474; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights