Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AZ EXCURSION B: Freya & Doug
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 20:29:17 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

With

"It's kinda cute." He mused outloud while crouched besides their little drilling drone, petting it like a pet as it's programming loaded up.

Rising back to his feet, he half turned to his partner for the mission...

Councilwoman Freya Morningstar.

He gave her an unimpressed, yet supremely amused look.

"Y'all are just allergic to yer desks, huh?"

Hoenn's leadership's continued, spirited attempts at endangering their own lives never failed to frustrate and amuse in equal, defeated measure.

May 's peace of mind rest in peace.

TL;DR:

_TF2pTZA
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 23:17:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"yeah, well, i've never really taken to my desk," she replies in good humor, nose wrinkling. it had been worse her first time around; now, she at least reads her emails and makes a point to visit her office half of the week. 

"at least i have an excuse." combat operations and emergency responses aren't going to strategize themselves and secondhand accounts of what they're up against are only going to hinder them in the long run. 

she looks sideways at the drone. it doesn't look very cute to her. 'cute' is a word she uses for applin and their ilk. and tatsugiri. sometimes even her salamence, if they're acting especially cuddly. might think the drone is cute though.

"you know how to study any of this?" she asks curiously. the reports are all being funneled to their science department. she can't make sense of it.

ClQ7xFfk
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 19:15:41 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

With

"Seems like none of you do." He laughed.

If there was one thing nobody could accuse Hoenn's leadership of, it was of staying behind their desk and letting others risk their lives in their place.

That aside—

"Nope." He said bluntly, crouching besides the cute little drone to pat it yet again. "Despite what my diploma says, I didn't actually finish highschool."

He cheated to get his Highschool Equivalency Diploma, too. Not that she needed to know that.

"If it ain't military or medical science, then it might as well be rocket science."

Seemed like they were just gonna have to pray whatever it was doing, it was doing it right.

TL;DR:
2H6TMggm
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 21:31:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"rocket science? i'm not sure we want any of that," she says dryly - a lame attempt at humor. the threat is still very real. there's no telling how many rocket agents are crawling down around here with them. her sygna suit is donned, but it's inert for now. 

she tilts her head when he mentions medical science. 

"you mentioned you could heal lyune's wound," she says. trepidation and distrust colors her voice. "would you have to use lele for that?"

7gggqF4U
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 17:55:47 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

With

It took him a full second to realize his words.

"Snrk. Hey, they're always stealing from us." He snorted, lips curling into a smirk. "Be a nice change of pace if we took that initiative for once."

He was still supremely curious about that Bug-like automaton a few of them carried around. Bugs not in his team... Truly, what was the world coming to?

He was brought out of his less than pure hearted thoughts by the sudden change in tone— the abrupt subject change. My, didn't she sound eager and willing.

Nonetheless, he grinned, winking.

"Sure did! Why? Wanna do it now?" He asked, hand slowly inching for his doctor bag.

When Lele was brought up however, he could only pause.

"I mean. No. But, like, technically?" He raised a digit, letting glowing pink dandruff fly and hover around it. She was the source of his powers.

"She could, if you wanted her to, I guess— her scales are stronger. I can regenerate a limb fine on my own, though." He said. "Need a demonstration?"

It had been a while since he had chopped off one of his fingers. He wondered what was up to...

A roar boomed in the distance, but this wasn't Doug's first rodeo in the chasm. He just ignored it.

TL;DR:
k437Y5Dj

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 22:21:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"yeah, well, you remember the last meeting. maybe we'll get to take something from them soon." her grin is toothy, the face of a councilwoman completely dropped in the face of one of her longest-standing desires: to take back sootopolis from rocket. 

she blinks at his enthusiasm and her stomach does a bit of a flip, distrust worming its way through her insides. pink powder glistens around his hand and she finds herself taking an involuntary step back. calcifer unfurls one wing to come around her like a cloak, sensing her spike of fear, but she shoulders away from him just as quickly. 

"no, i don't," she says and reaches thoughtfully for the ball nestled in her choker. 

the brutish salamence emerges, towering over the both of them. his tongue forks out from behind his lips. his eyes narrow on the motes swirling around doug's hands, low hiss a warning purr in his throat. 

freya frowns. 

"not. no, not lele. can you take a look first? without that?"

lyune crouches and on freya's prompting, stretches out his wing. sleek metal snicks, exoskeleton maneuvering the torn and gruesomely healed limb. 

i remembered to roll
gUst1ODA
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 0:53:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

With

He chuckled along then, though his smile grew rather sober real quick. "Just hopin' we don't get surprised again before we get the chance."

It would be the height of both arrogance and foolishness to believe that Rocket wasn't planning its own operations as they spoke. The league and rocket coincided on dates rather often.

Moving further ahead— he lightly cocked his head at her reaction, pursing his lips.

Huh. Maybe had mentioned the trick to her already? Wait, did they talk a lot? They must've at least met, given his role in the amnesty program...

Wait, what was that?

"Without what?" He asked blankly, blinking slowly at the woman before glancing back at his hand. "Oh."

He shook off the scales like a burn, hand flapping casually.

"Sure can. I'm a professional." He was not licensed though. "In another life, anyway."

He turned to Lyunne as the dragon stretched out his mangled wing, and smiled.

"May I approach?" He asked politely, waiting for permission from the dragon before taking a step forward and crouching to be level with the brutalized limb.

His eyes roved over it for but a moment as he cupped his chin.

"It's a very old wound." He noted, lightly tilting his head. "But my procedure takes that into account."

If it hadn't, it would be useless in helping with her sight. Rising back to his feet, the youth tugged onto his white gloves, nodding.

"I'm certain I can heal this." He informed the councilwoman and her dragon.

TL;DR:
OV_OzprI

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 17:53:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
he doesn't ask and she's grateful for it. she's not sure she could explain why, above all others, she does not trust the tapus. lele could be the nicest, sweetest, most innocent of them all and she'd still trust it less than she does 's shadow-stained lugia. 

he remarks on the age and she nods. in the grand scheme of his lifetime, it's not that old - he'd been cleaved through by a city-sized guzzlord, years ago during the first invasion. she had asked fernando, once, if he would heal him, and he had told her he was not worth the resources.

lyune looks from doug to freya and she places a hand on his snout, forehead pressing against warm scales. "qe ifpesp," she hisses gently. he hums lowly in response. 

"okay. only if you're absolutely certain - okay."

i remembered to roll
o2FkfnSG
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 1:20:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

With

"I am." He said simply.

Rising back to his feet, the youth removed his gloves, glancing at her.

"How did he lose his wing?" He asked suddenly. Doctor's question, perhaps?

TL;DR:
yEalMkfx

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 4:46:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"you remember the first ultra beast invasion," she says and looks away from him, back towards the grotesque scar down lyune's side. she ducks under the fold of his wing so she can press her palm against the limb. it's been so long since it happened. 

"the guzzlord that was the size of a skyscraper. the one that almost leveled mossdeep." bodies twisted in the streets, buildings felled. if only they'd known then that all of it was just precursor. 

that the real horrors hadn't shown their faces. 

"he was hit by a hyper beam from it, if i remember correctly. shot us out of the sky." and then had come her first real taste of otherworldly power. mega evolution had emerged that very first day, but she...she had felt something different. 

a primal energy flooding her dragons, funneled through her, birthing the devastating drake that took out the beast. 

oh, what a fool i've been. how long she's run away from her past when hints and pieces of it have been there, waiting, discarded and forgotten because she swore it was too painful

she shakes her head, releasing the memories. 

"we've come a long way since then. alex's brace here connects to his saddle." she gestures to the mechanical constructs around his wing. "but it still hurts him to fly."

i remembered to roll
f1lGn8gN
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 0:32:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

With

"Few could forget." He said simply, looking briefly past her before waving his hand. "Think I've got the gist of it."

He turned his gaze back to Lyunne, lip curling slightly at her words.

"Take this from a physician— if what used to be painless hurts now. Stop." He said, turning his gaze over to Freya. "Be it walking for someone with a bad knee, or flyin' for a pokemon with a bad wing."

He sighed, scratching at the back of his head... before grinning her way confidently.

"Luckily for ya, this physician's also a magic man." He said, turning back to Lyunne and crouching before him, winking. "Whatever damage's accumulated won't matter once I get started. Lucky you, big guy."

He rose back to his feet again.

"I'm free whenever the league ain't deployin' me, so... when do you wanna do this?"

TL;DR:
U3SEpHZg
TOTAL = 491

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 22:41:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she does hate it and has always hated it - knowing that what used to bring him comfort and freedom now brings him pain. that is why she is quashing all of her misgivings. that is why she is stifling every instinct not to trust the thing that gives doug his powers. 

i trust him, and that should be enough. 

lyune studies him and after he winks, the dragon looks past this silly human and towards freya. part of him understands, as all dragons do, and when she searches for a decision, she finds there is none. 

"now," she breathes. "if you can. if we need to wait, i understand, but if you can heal him...then now."

i remembered to roll
RACPbvwU
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 1:55:57 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

With

Oh. Wow. That... well.

He blinked at the other woman slowly, then awkwardly, slowly taking a moment to look around them, almost as if considering it...

Yeah, no.

"Um. Impressive decisiveness, love that in my politicians—" He said, half joking, half serious. "But, uh. Can't do."

He leaned back, raising his foot before tapping the soil with the tip of his boot.

"This is a terrible place for surgery. Nowhere near hygienic enough." He said, before smiling at her. "Let's finish here and move to a better place. How 'bout Ever Grande General?"

TL;DR:
gzemSOia
TOTAL = 571
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 22:25:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
he looks around and considers and her palms start to sweat, needling reminders of what could go wrong if lele decided to finish the job fini hadn't been able to. 

and then he talks about surgery and sanitation and mentions ever grande general and she feels silly, but she also feels an awfully strong wave of relief. 

"oh, i thought - " she says and looks away sheepishly. "i thought it'd be all avatar power. ever grande general." she nods. 

"yeah, let's do that."

i remembered to roll
kdp2Tv17
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 5:35:15 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: