GC Excursion C: Monster Hunter (Working Overtime)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
285 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 6:17:07 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Once more, June was being told to do something outside her comfort zone. Entirely outside her comfort zone. Why the hell did she have to get stuck on tracking down a stupid big dog? Sure, yea, Rangers dealt with Pokémon– but she was a contractor. Not an ACTUAL Ranger. Not her problem.

But maybe the bigger problem was that she wasn’t getting paid extra. That stung harder than the order to do the job. Damn Rangers. Stingy fucks.

Whatever. At least she wasn’t alone. Someone accompanied her, someone rather important. She thought. Service in the area sucked harder than a Dyson, so she couldn’t look up this big hot shot that lead the way down the worn grass trail. But everyone else seemed to have a lot of respect for her. Everyone looked at her funny when the delivery-girl said she wasn’t familiar with the woman, beyond the name and general understanding of her 'importance'.

How could you not know about ?

Freya is, like, a really big name!'

She’s super important to all the League’s business!

Cool. She also didn’t pay any of June’s bills, so…

Damn, this was awfully boring. They just followed the big obvious tracks that lead further into the wilds, closer to the sound of a very dangerous beast. The calm before the storm. A lead ball sunk inside her stomach, making every step ten times more taxing than they should’ve been.

So…” she trailed off. Her hands stuffed inside her pockets, feeling the sweat-slicked cover of her Poke Ball. That Roaring Moon should be able to cover this, right? Right? “What kind of firepower should I be bringing here? You fight these things before? They’re all Dragon-Types, right? Think bringing my own dragon-type is trolling?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 17:17:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

taking down these things hasn't been impossible, but the sheer volume of them running around down here has gotten in the way of a few expedition teams. with enough firepower behind her, she could take at least one of them down herself (she already has), but she needs someone there to watch her back.

and this one had either volunteered or been assigned. she hadn't looked too closely. after a once-over, she'd thought, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, and that had been that. 

"yes, i have," she says and pushes past some fronds. she crouches in the dirt and examines the tracks they've been following the last quarter mile. 

an incredulous stare is given to the girl. her sygna suit, with its pauldrons designed with draconic filigree; her choker, in the likeness of a salamence's wings; the salamencite in her hair. she reeks of the dragon version of a horse girl. 

"dragons are strong against each other. i'll be using my own. as long as yours don't get in the way, we'll be fine." she straightens. "what'd you say your name was again? and which sect are you from?"
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
285 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 7:29:59 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Sect? What the fuck is– oh, you mean like the town? New Mauville,” she said. “And the name’s June. I mostly do deliveries, but I’ve started doing contract work for the rangers there. Under Annalise.

hadn’t fired her yet, so she couldn’t be doing that poorly of a job. Despite her performance here in the new area– but in her defense, she was a delivery girl. Not an actual Ranger. Or Pokémon Fighter. Or Team Rocket fighter. But Arceus be damned if she wouldn’t be that much closer to the qualification by the end of this.

Speaking of, June gave the area a quick once-over. Still no visual sign of the thing, but they must be getting close. That dirt looked fresh. She squinted at it to double-check. Then triple-check. She tilted her head and leaned closer. “That track is recent, right? I have no clue.

But she could swear she heard it nearby. The smaller ones moved without that much noise, but the bigger ones rattled the earth with their footsteps. At least, the fire one did. Water and electric one? Not as much.

The track gave them the bare minimum in terms of direction, though. As evidenced by the way the ‘toes’ pointed and the very clear disturbance in the foliage. In the distance, the sound of movement and rustle of leaves signaled a presence. “I’m not crazy, right? You hear that too?

Just a touch further, and they'd be in range to start a fight. With any luck, this super cool 'Freya' could handle most of it on her own and she'd just be a cheerleader. Based on her Salamence pins, that'd likely be what she chose to fight with. Looked like June picked the right super-deadly creature to bring along for the ride. 

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 23:34:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

a civilian? her brows furrow. 's name-drop does make her feel a bit better; at the very least, it stops her from immediately shepherding her out of the chasm and back to new mauville. a delivery runner could be useful down here, especially with the ground they've needed to cover between the research stations. 

"i meant what leg of the league. ranger, officer, etcetera, but i got my answer."

the earth is still damp where the footprints lay in the ground. grass springs up near a pair and she pauses, cocking her head while she carefully unclasps the ball from her choker. 

"this one's very fresh. we're getting close. first sign of things getting nasty and you clear the area."
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
285 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 0:18:21 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June gave a mock salute, “Aye aye, Captain. I’m glad we’re on the same page.

Had anyone else respected June’s total lack of experience in the field before Freya? Not that she could recall. Maybe when she’d been forced to give that one kid lunch, that didn’t feel like something you gave someone important. But a ‘rookie’ comedically out of place? Perfect for the job.

But it did spark a few embers of annoyance and her eyebrows narrowed. It was too late to save face, though. She just had to accept she’d been called a liability and move on with her life.

Like they moved on further into the brush. She tried to watch her step, but it was rather hard with the tall grass, the stupid bushes, and the occasional low-hung branch. Yet she didn’t feel bad when she considered that the strange noise got louder and louder. It blocked out her relatively clumsy movement perfectly.

And then, there it was. Just past where the foliage ended and a narrow strip of dirt began. It leaded into a small pond area, where a few Yanma foraged for seeds among the reeds. A few meters away, totally distracted by the water, was a massive beast.

She’d seen them a couple times before, but always from afar. This one made pinpricks erupt on her skin, and she nervously clenched the Poke Ball in her pocket. That’s the… the thing. Y’know? I don’t remember its name.

Walking Fire? Raging Wake? Gouging Bolt? She groaned. Whichever one it is– if you wanna do your thing. I’ll throw my Pokemon out to assist and hide here. Sound like a plan?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 5:25:45 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they're dragons. and if she can contribute anything to some of the research down here, it's going to be on them. her thumb presses lyune's ball and it enlarges in her hand, but she waits to release him. once she does, they'll be on them quickly. and without mercy.

"gouging fire," she says lowly. a thick red tongue laps at the water, nonplussed by the bug pokemon that drift around it. a couple of greedent scurry away and up into the safety of the topmost branches of a tree. no other fauna dare linger in the vicinity. 

and for good reason. trees are felled a few meters to its left, scores slashed in the bark from what was no doubt a nasty fight. droplets of blood are spattered on the foliage, but whatever it had skirmished with isn't in view. 

"it recently fed, i think," she murmurs and steps closer, examining its belly. "it'll be slower." she turns her head. "sounds like a plan. tell them to stay light on their feet. we'll be fine."

and then she hurls the pokeball. 

lyune hits the ground like a boulder, shaking the earth as he lands. he towers over the dog-like dragon and wastes no time in digging his teeth into the creature's hind leg while they have the element of surprise. 
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
285 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 6:44:37 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June tried not to notice the red splatters on some of the greenery around the Gouging Fire. Probably for the better that way. She really didn’t want to add to the tapestry or environmental story-telling going on there. Instead, she lurked back and pulled out her own Poke ball. Finally, she could release the damn thing.

It’s no surprise that Freya released something like a Salamence. As it bit into the leg of the Paradoxical beast, she tossed her own ball out and put forth a combination of the two creatures already present. Salamence, but clearly not from this time. With wings much more feathery, more primal, it roared loudly and unfurled its wings to full mass.

Arceus,” she covered her ears and pointed at the Gouging Fire, “help… neutralize? Kill? Attack– attack that thing!

It tried, in a sense. With another roar to ripple the water, the sun began to shine down much more intensely. Rays of light burned into the earth, and the water shimmered from the heat. The Sunny Day changed the landscape into a much hotter one, one that the Roaring Moon much more preferred than the weather of the current day.

Unfortunately for Freya, though, the Gouging Fire also preferred the hot climate. Blood flowed from its fresh wound, but the hot sun invigorated its bones. It slammed itself backward with a surprise Flare Blitz, attempting to 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamence in Sun: 229-270 (69.1 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO the Salamence for its transgression. The force splashed water clear over to where June was and absolutely soaked her to the bone.

Gah,” she yelped. Despite the newfound heat, she shivered against the grass. “Alright, uh, is the Sunny Day a bad thing for you? Or good? I’m not an expert in Pokemon-Battle-ology!

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 7:19:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
lyune's fangs sink deeper into the enemy dragon's hide; draconic fire gathers in the back of his throat, spilling out from his maw, and purple embers spurt out in a gust. freya watches the creature writhe in pain. 

lyune twists his neck, tucking his wings, prepared to roll, and then freya feels an incredible heat on her back. sweat instantly runs down her neck, dewing her skin, and the gouging fire finds renewed strength. 

flames scorch even the top of lyune's mouth and he reels back in pain, snarl cut off and made into a loud bellow when the surprisingly agile dog rams straight into him with its massive crown. 

"no!" she snaps over her shoulder, too focused on the battle to put on a polite face. 

the heat from the paradox radiates off of it in waves. freya hisses an order in draconic and lyune leaps, wings unfurling like SAILS!!!. his body enshrouds itself with green and golden flame, jaw and claws sink into flesh and then, with a thundering boom, they're launched in the air in a wave of heat and crackling lightning.

"hit it where it lands," she instructs once in common and again, at the paradox, in the slippery snarl of its native tongue.
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
285 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 17:11:42 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Midnight’s head cranked back, the kind that was more done out of shock at Freya’s ability to speak its language more than her order itself. Not that the Paradox liked it, but it was more willing to listen if done the right way. June looked at Freya in surprise too, but in the crazy person way. “What the fuck was that? You speak gibberish?

Sure enough, her massive Roaring Moon flapped its wings heavily and Flew into the air. Not where its present form did, but somewhere off to the side. June couldn’t even see where the Gouging Fire and Salamence fucked off to. It hurt her eyes to look up. At least she was already dry, though.

But, hey, they had a few moments for themselves. No threat of imminent death, no Pokémon around due to the commotion. If she were stupid, she’d say this was the safest place to be in this entire forsaken chasm.

And she almost qualified. “Well, whatever it was, it worked. So… can you teach me how to speak that? Midnight never listens to me on command. Causes a lot of problems.

How many threats of legal repercussions had there been from angry parents, whose children the Roaring Moon scared? Or just in general? Not that June blamed them. She was pretty fuckin’ scared when she first met it too.

Do you think I should step back a little, or?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 18:06:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she swipes the sweat from above her brows with her thumb and surveys the area. the fight hadn't been without noise and the last time they'd caused such a commotion, it had attracted the attention of other beasts. the blood in the air and the smell of brimstone may ward any adversaries well enough away. 

she can only hope.

"it's not gibberish and speaking draconic won't help your moon listen to you." the artificial sunlight is still harsh. freya takes a step back herself and shields her eyes to squint upward. lyune is still a green blur, the paradox beast at his mercy, and as she watches, their ascent slows and reaches its apex. 

"but i can teach you how to tame it."
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
285 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 16:32:31 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Tame it? You make it sound like it’s a Boltund or something,” she said. June could only imagine the belly rubs and treats for a high five, and she giggled. “Don’t think I can train that thing to claw at the door when it needs to shit.

But the prospect was a good one. Midnight not being as free-spirited could only be a good thing, that was for damn sure. Hell, she could even turn it into a business expense for tax purposes!

But I’m down. My work schedule is… uh.

All day, every day. Hell, sometimes even overnights. Didn’t she owe Matchstick another visit to ’s flying class sometime soon? No, that was two months ago. She frowned, “I might have to get back to you on that.

Meanwhile, Midnight simply followed along with its future-current self. As they reached the top, and then started to descend down. Faster, faster, faster, with gravity in control and its wings knives that cut through the wind resistance.

Hey, do you hear that? Like a piano falling.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 4:42:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her lips curl. she's not good at jokes on the best of days and in the heat of the moment like this, mood soured after the rest of her time spent down here, she has to bite back the urge to um, actually when it comes to taming.

"don't worry about it. the draciary will be there if you want to stop by." she steps back a few paces and gestures for june to do the same. that oppressive heat returns dramatically as the pseudo-entei slams into the ground. 

lyune flares his wings from above, casting a shadow while slowing his descent. freya looks towards june's roaring moon and reaches for a pokeball at her belt, cursing when she realizes she doesn't have any left.
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
285 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 16:49:45 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June followed along, but still couldn’t see the figures get closer. Only the noise, which got progressively louder and louder. “Are they getting close? I can't see them–

First, the Salamence and Gouging Fire slammed into the ground. Its impact rocked the area and sent the rest of the contents of the pond all over the place. For the second time, June is soaked to the bone– not that noticed immediately. She was too busy recoiling from the raw sound of the attack.

Next, Midnight jetted down like the ballistic missile it was. It swooped in and immediately went in for its Fly attack. She slid right along the top of the paradoxical Pokémon, and the air that couldn’t hope to keep up slammed into the large dinosaur. At least she had her ears covered for that one.

She saw Freya reach for a Poke Ball but stop herself. Oh, did she want to catch it? Fair enough; a big shot like her probably wanted as many as these fucks as possible. The woman radiated Dragon Girl energy as was. June reached into her sling backpack and pulled out an unused Poke Ball.

I’ll put in on your tab,” she said.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 22:42:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
proper training or not, the roaring moon displays incredible control as it attacks the fallen gouging fire. the sweltering heat subsides and both she and june are left looking more or less like wet rats. she shakes out some of her hair with a grimace, raising a brow when she offers her a pokeball. 

it's knocked out. she can't just leave it if she's offering her the capsule like this. 

"first lesson's free," she says as she swipes it from her hand. 
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 5:00:36 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: