lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
you make my dreams (come true)
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 1:17:37 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]In the weeks that had passed since that day in the Silent Icelands, Lam had often found himself absentmindedly reaching for Rook's arms. Fretting over the burns he'd endured. His palms would slide gently over bandages at first, and later new, flush pink skin. Even now, sitting at their kitchen table with dappled afternoon light slanting through the bay windows, his fingers trailed over the healed burns without thinking about it. Each time, he felt the soft mingling of guilt and awe.[break][break]

Guilt that he'd dragged Rook along with him into that mess.[break][break]

Awe that Rook had been so brave and fast-acting even in the face of his own uncertainty.[break][break]

It was easy to distract him from the finite tedium of wedding planning. There were just so many details that he didn't even realize were a thing. So he was probably a bit unhelpful now, with color swatches and invitation designs spread in front of them. But at least he wasn't sauntering off and leaving Rook to do it all alone.[break][break]

Dopey-eyed, Lam looked up at him and smiled. "It looks good," he murmured as he leaned to the side and his head drooped against Rook's shoulder. Turning his face inward, Lam pressed a kiss against his cheek. The remark was more about the healed burns rather than the color combination that had been presented to him. Though really, it was applicable to both.[break][break]

In all honestly, Lam tended to default to Rook's suggestions for the overall look and aesthetic of things. And really, that was because more often than not Rook's ideas were the better choices. Lam didn't think he was all too good with events, but Rook seemed to flourish with it now.[break][break]

It was super cute, though. Lam had already made at least three jokes about how Rook should become a planner or events coordinator.[break][break]

But the difference was that this was special. This was theirs.[break][break]

"Oh!" his head popped up with sudden, elated thought, glasses askew on his nose. He hadn't bothered with his contacts that day. "Is almost time to go to the cake place?" Because that was what he was most hyped up for, obviously - being able to try their fill of tons of baked, sugary goodness in a variety of flavors.[break][break]

Lam sat up in his seat, joints popping as he stretched his arms up over his head. "Oooh, maybe I could make a design for its decoration." He'd only been hobby painting since they'd moved to Lilycove, but it might be a fun experiment. And give him a little more to contribute with.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: sleepless in slateport[break]
- let them eat cAKE!!!

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
you make my dreams (come true)
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 14:29:37 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar

Lam's contact had always been a lifeline. It didn't always come natural to him — the act of touching and being touched. At first, with anyone else, the contact might have provoked a flinching response. His life hadn't always been this gentle, but it was nice to feel the affects of reconditioning. Clearly, it was working.

Lam seemed to think that he was strong, even if the evidence pointed to the contrary. He certainly wasn't smart enough not to get himself burned, but he wouldn't change anything that happened if it meant that Lam was safe. His partner made him braver than he'd had any right to be.

"What does?" He said absentmindedly, sipping at his coffee mug only to realize he had already suctioned it down. "Are you sure these are the best colors?" Rook had spent most of the planning pointlessly fretting over details that didn't matter. It kept his mind off the explosive realization that he was about to be MARRIED to Lam of all people. How could he have gotten this lucky? He had no clue.

His eyes averted to the little pidgey clock on top of the stove. "Oh wow already?" They had spent a lot of time devoted to staring at colors until he could no longer decipher the difference between them. Cake selection had been the top of Lam's list of priorities, of course. Rook couldn't help but want to tease him for it.

"You totally should!"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights