preparations [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2019 2:40:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony tenses, forcing her smile to hold itself in place despite what feels like a punch to the gut. One she's expecting and one that hurts all the same. "Oh, um - okay."

This time, she calls out her jangmo-o. Mochi snorts, sitting so that her tail curls around her legs. She looks up at Kyle and snorts again, displeased to see it is not Mateo but the other one.

"Use iron tail," Bryony orders, though there's a lack of force to it. Mochi lunges forward, twisting on her front feet to turn and slam her tail against the larvesta.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2019 10:29:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"bry, uh..."

the jangmo-o slams the larvesta to the ground, though it does little to damage the fire-type more than the physical force exerted on the move.

"string shot."

the larvesta points its face towards its assailant and shoots a thick sticky web to the jangmo-o. regardless of how effective it was, the bug-type uses the opportunity to create distance.

larvesta weren't common in johto, so perhaps it was why bryony wasn't familiar with it, but then again, it was bry. she knows a lot of things by the books. he wonders if she was aware of the type advantage being a fire-type brought his larvesta against the iron tail or if this was a part of some elaborate plan.

kyle decides to wait and see what bryony does.

@bryony

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2019 11:18:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As Jangmo's tail smashes against the larva like Pokemon, Bryony realizes her mistake. Steel doesn't have much of an impact to fire.

Too close to dodge the string shot, Mochi makes a sound of discontent as it tangles her legs together.

"Oh - um! Use - use headbutt!"

Mochi springs forward, head bowed as she attempts to hit the larvesta. It's difficult to get enough momentum this close.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2019 18:06:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nice!"

kyle seemed more enthusiastic about bryony's change of tone, as well as the change in her approach to the battle. there was stutter, but that usually meant that bryony got back to her groove.

the jangmo-o throws the larvesta away with a headbutt, but the bug-type finds its way back to its feet once more. kyle orders an issue while the larvesta was still in the mood to battle.

"flame wheel."

flames surrounded the bug as it charged the dragon-type. it probably wouldn't do much to a dragon-type, but igniting the webs with flames seemed flashy enough to think that it would have an actual effect to the opposition.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2019 16:14:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mochi takes the hit, body braced against it. The webs tangled around her feet go up in flames, leaving nothing behind. Unsure of what order to give next, the jangmo-o takes command. Its body turns again, lashing at the moth pokemon with dragon tail to send it back from whence it came.

Bryony winces. Her hands fold together and she rubs her thumbs against one another.

"Oh, um. I guess I was too slow for Mochi."

The jangmo-o lays down and looks at Kyle, tail twitching behind her. She stares, almost hatefully, at him.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2019 16:30:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the dragon tail hits the larvesta, knocking it back until the pokemon was forced back to its ball. kyle watches the jangmo-o's eyes stare at him. it bugs him a bit, but he tries to focus more on the main objective: bryony.

"that's why we practice, bry. you haven't been battling for long, right? can't be good at it right off the bat."

the petty side of him subconsciously brings out his kommo-o in response to the jangmo-o's demeanor. he releases it, standing on the opposite side of the field of the jangmo-o. it's larger frame and better built stature appears more intimidating than the other dragon-type.

it was a case of showing off to the pokemon, and there was also the way the dragon-type dealt with things.

"dance, into sky uppercut."

the kommo-o moves its joints as if to loosen them with dragon dance before jolting towards its pre-evolution form at an increased speed. it positions its body low, claws almost scraping the ground, before pulling his arm upwards straight to the jangmo-o's jaw.

"oh, uh, sorry."

he liked this kommo-o since it was obedient to a fault. it comes with a price sometimes, however, since it doesn't pull its punches unless kyle commands it to.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 1:27:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The entire scene happens in slow movement the faster the kommo-o becomes. Even Mochi is caught off guard, rising to her feet and backing up as the evolved Pokemon charges.

"Pro-protect!" Bryony shouts.

Mochi braces, forcing up a shield at the very last second. The hit cracks against the barrier, far too close to Mochi's head for either pokemon or trainer to like.

"U-use bide!"

The jangmo-o regains her footing and then braces, entire body frozen in place as it awaits another attack.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 1:49:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"bide sounds nice on paper but,"

he stares at his kommo-o, who stays vigilant until kyle's next instructions.

"dragon dance."

the dragon releases a war cry before moving its body in movements that simultaneously eased its movements and strengthened its muscles. kyle hopes the display of the boosts in stats shows bry why bide isn't practical.

@bryony

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 1:51:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Jangmo-o used bide but nothing happens. Bryony winces.

"She doesn't um, have any good moves," she explains, wringing her hands. "I should probably teach her some better ones."

As she talks, Mochi lashes out with another dragon tail.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 2:08:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
at least she's aware. that's one step closer to improving, he supposed. "you probably got it, but i can help you with that if you want." probably. she probably thinks better when left alone, he supposed, cause that's the case for him.

"dragon tail."

taking a step back, the kommo-o readies its attack against the opposition. it twirls and lets the combined force from the inertia and the torque from the spin back up the dragon's brute strength.

the kommo-o clashes the move with the jangmo-o's. the dragon tail meets the other dragon tail, and only the stronger of the two will come out as a victor from a battle of sheer power.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 2:21:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It might be a battle of strength, but it is as one sided as they come. Mochi stand sno chance against its larger evolution and the small jangmo-o is both knocked out and sent back to its pokeball.

Bryony stares at where her dragon had once been.

Her eyes lift to Kyle. Her mouth twitches and she forces a smile.

"I think. Maybe. We should take a break for tea."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 2:27:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he silently hoped that it taught that jangmo-o a lesson. he'd ask bryony for a rematch anytime the next time it shows its face to him like that just to assert his dominance.

"sounds good."

the kommo-o stays outside the ball. he eases up as soon as kyle touches his arm with a hand. it moves across its arm until his hand touches its claws. the trainer proceeds to drag the dragon-type with its claw, not unlike a toddler. the kommo-o lets his trainer treat him as such without question.

@bryony

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 21:18:23 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"]you receive the following: 15 pokedollars and 2 infamy!