awards
2,633 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
daybreak
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 22:57:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she wrings her hands together nervously. they'd been up early, spending a considerate amount of time in the air above ever grande general. she'd done most of the talking (of course), but even that had been scarce. and it was like this - 

"i'm sorry that it's taken so long. that we couldn't do better. that i hurt you. that i let you get hurt." he had been affronted. he had rolled his shoulders, threatened to toss her off for the blasphemy. "that i hadn't been stronger then."

and that satisfied him. 

now, outside the hospital, with him back in his ball because he's simply too big and this is, after all, a hospital, her anxieties needle her. she is stuck in a constant loop of but doug trusts it. doug can do this. it will be okay.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
daybreak
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 19:34:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

daybreak

With

Doug slept like a baby and rose like a glorious king.

Life was at its best when shared with your other half, he had recently found out.

And beds were a lot more comfortable after a stay in Ultra Hell's prison.

All that was to say— where Freya was understandable tense, Doug was very much not as the doors leading into the emergency ward swung open, revealing the refreshed looking young man.

"Good day, Ms. Morningstar!" He chirped, holding his clipnote against his shoulder as he grinned at her. "Ready? Cuz I sure am. Follow me!"

He half turned with military precision, a marching soldier with far too much pep in his step as he led her towards the surgery room.

Well, at least his confidence couldn't be questioned.

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,633 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
daybreak
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 20:12:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

doug looks like he's in, perhaps, the best spirits she's ever seen him in. the recent calamitous landscape has sullied the spark in most hoenn citizens, especially those more in the know like the avatar himself, and even when he's been carefree and nonchalant, it's never been like this

like some shadow has been lifted. like the days have meaning again. 

it takes her a second to follow after him, much too shocked to feel anything but surprise. it does make her feel more confident - for the moment, at least - and when she finds her voice and her will to move again, she does so incredulously. almost amusedly. 

"i can't imagine you're that excited about the surgery," she says. 
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
daybreak
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 23:19:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

daybreak

With

"Then you underestimate my dedication." He said over his shoulder, winking. "Though you ain't wrong... this time."

He loved his job— it was the only one he had chosen with full understanding of the implications, after all. He didn't regret helping , but he did regret thinking he needed to join the military to do so.

But anyway—

"Even people like me can get real lucky, Freya." Doug said— nay, hummed, discarding formalities. "Life's troubles are a lot easier to carry with two pairs of hands."

Oh... Well that was rather telling.

With any luck, he wasn't joining the ranks of people banging coworkers.

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,633 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
daybreak
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 23:02:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

embarrassingly enough, it takes a second for the euphemism to register and when it does, her nose wrinkles in distaste. she doesn't like to think herself a prude, but, well, she is. 

"good...for you, doug," she manages, if a bit stiffly, but she is earnestly happy for him. he doesn't strike her as the kind of guy to sleep with someone just do so (an unfathomable thought), so she's pleased he seems to have found someone.

the world's too damn messed up to deal with it on your own.

"anyone i know?" she asks with an arched brow.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights