Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
green thumb [open]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2019 6:34:05 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"ack - it died again?! no way..."

the pinkette huffed slightly, staring at the wilted plant before her with a disgruntled look. taking care of dragons hundreds of years old seemed far easier than this...seriously, how did people do this for a living? it wasn't as though a plant could just tell you when something was wrong. sure, maybe dumping a gallon of water onto it wasn't a good idea. and yes, maybe mixing in some 'machamp protein power' into the soil really wouldn't help it grow stronger. but it really shouldn't have been this hard to grow a single plant.

picking up one of the pots to, once again, start over, a sharp 'eep' came from the dragon tamer's lips as she stumbled over a left out water hose. with a loud clang, the pot dropped from her hands, sending shards scattering everywhere. cue a very loud whine from her; "oh come on!"
@open 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
green thumb [open]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2019 7:22:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Walking in right at the moment of it's demise, Derek could not help but shudder at the sound of the pot shattering against the floor. Eyes growing wide, he felt bad for the girl after already hearing that this was at least the second time her plant had died during her attempts to grow...well, whatever it was she was trying to grow.

Moving forth to the girl, the trainer did not hesitate to begin plucking pieces of the broken pot from the floor. "You don't mind if I help clean this up, right?" Hoping not to come off as rude or intrusive, Derek was ready to leave in a heartbeat if the girl angrily denied the helping hand for whatever reason...

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
green thumb [open]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 1:30:56 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
The sudden appearance of the other trainer made the pinkette jump - the greenhouse's owner had already yelled at her earlier for breaking so many pots. About to apologize profoundly, she paused when she noticed it wasn't a furious face, but, a helping hand. "Oh! Uh, sure - thanks!" She scrambled to thank him for his sudden help, staring down at the scattered pieces for a moment before back at him. "They're pretty sharp so, don't cut yourself!" She quickly warned with a little frown. The sight of blood always did make her queasy. Seriously, if he ended up cutting himself...ugh, she was internally gagging at the thought of it.

"I'm...kinda poor at the moment because I spent all my money on food, so I...don't really have anything to pay you with, if that's what your looking for. Unless you want like...a hug? I can give you that - I can give you two of them, in fact." She began to ramble on, and on, as she dumped the collected pieces into the trashcan. Notice, she didn't offer to share any of that food she'd bought with him. That was a privilege that very few got - food, for her, was very important after all. 

@n0ble

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
green thumb [open]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 2:03:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

His worn, calloused hands that saw many years out in the fields of hoenn were not easily cut by the shards she warned of. Yet practicing caution regardless, Derek laughed some at her offer to reward him with one, no two hugs for his services.

“Hah, well, I'm not charging, but if you're a hugger then go ahead I guess.” Leaving it up to her to decide, Derek quickly finished plucking the pieces from the ground before scooping up dirt into cupped hands. All the while he contemplated her misfortunes, or at least the few Derek knew about.

“Sounds pretty rough, but I guess going hungry would be worse... I was like that a couple months ago. Gave most of the food I had to my pokemon. They're the ones doing the hard work when we go out to train, so I figured it only made sense.” Finding that they were nearly finished with the chore of cleaning up after her mess, Derek decided to pry some as to what her intentions were with the plant to begin with.

“I'm Derek by the way, but uhm, if you don't mind me asking...what was the pot for? Like what exactly are you trying to grow?”

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
green thumb [open]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2019 23:29:54 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"If you do a good job picking up all the pieces, we'll go from there," a playfully teasing smile grows onto her lips, but, she really did mean it. she didn't have any qualms about being touchy with strangers...which, she likely should've been but...eh. eh. "going hungry sounds awful," her eyes were nearly the size of the moon itself at the thought. despite her questionable financial status, given her own family's status, it wasn't as if she couldn't just request funds from home. it was more of a...pride thing, at the moment. the moment she stopped being able to afford her monstrous appetite though, she was positive that 'pride' would go down the drain.

"huh?" his question was met with a blink and then an almost bitter smile. "I was trying to grow a gracidea flower 'cause they're super pretty and i wanted to give it to someone i really care about but...this is impossible. did you know you can actually drown a plant? or that it can 'catch on fire' if you use sunny day to give it some extra sunlight? amazing!" bitter sarcasm littered her voice until she let out a dramatic, choked sob, "i've...killed some many flowers in the past week that i actually feel terrible."

@n0ble

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
green thumb [open]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2019 8:19:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“I...honestly don't know how to answer that.” Noticing what seemed to be a sarcastic tone, Derek was reluctant to critic her woes and instead finished tidying up the area of the remaining bits of pot, plant and dirt. “But I wouldn't say it was too awful being hungry. At least... I didn't feel like I was that bad off. I feel worse hearing of all this trouble you've been going through trying to grow flowers.”

Brushing his hands together to rid them of any residual dirt, Derek turned to the girl with a bit of a smile forming on his face. “You wouldn't happen to want to try growing another, would you?” If she'd finally given up he couldn't blame her, but if she would give it another try, perhaps Derek would be of some use...