Hogging all the juice [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 23:36:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A job to clear out some Pokémon appeared to be a bit under Joseph’s pay grade but he’d do it to the best of his ability nonetheless. It was a simple enough of a task that he didn’t complain, it’d be good training for his Pokémon.

That is if any of these wild Pokémon they ran into ended up putting up a challenge. Even if they didn’t Joseph would find a way to twist it and make it worth the time and effort.

What he was actually concerned about was running into any civilians. He didn’t care at all about whatever the debate was surrounding this plant he just didn’t want to deal with the hassle.

Open mission!
Mission Link: Here
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 1:10:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
How, exactly, had Avery gotten involved in such a dangerous task such as this? It was a funny story, actually. Well, not funny right now, but it might be later on when she tells it to her kids and grandkids. Maybe.

"Pichu? Pichu wait a minute, where are you going? Minun, don't you go chasing him, you know better!"

Cheeks flushed and carrying quite the heavy bag of groceries - Mauville was an excellent place to shop for Hoenn rarities she couldn't find in Lilycove, or maybe she just liked the extra effort of carrying them all the way home and making her life difficult.. anyway.

Minun would weave in and out from under peoples feet as he gave chase to a very excitable and hot-on-the-trail of electric energy Pichu. The tiny mouse Pokemon zig-zagged, jumped on and bounced across people's shoulders and heads, knocking off hats and generally being a nuisance.

Every once in a while he would stop to recalculate his sense of direction, but it was fairly obvious that he was heading directly for the power plant. Of course, Avery had no idea, she was merely concerned for the people he was bothering and for her Pichu's safety.

On more than one occasion she lost sight of him and she would begin to panic and well up with tears.

Eventually, however, the three of them ended up squeezing through a crowd of people and finding themselves lost in the power plant. She clung to her bag of groceries for dear life, narrowly avoiding distrupted and distrustful electric-type Pokemon who had been fueling up on the unfinished and unstable power plant.

Pichu happened to be one of them, but he was so super-juiced with energy he was practically bouncing off walls with excitement.

"Pichu, Minun, it's time to go home, please. That's enough adventure for one day, you're both gonna get hurt."

Unfortunately, neither were the obedient type and they much, much preferred the thrill of the dangerous power plant. Avery turned around, more than ready to head right back for the exit she had just walked... through.

Colour drains from her cheeks as she realises that the exit is no longer directly behind her and everything around her looks identical and maze-like.

Oops.

@joseph
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 18:50:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”My, my! This is no place to be getting lost.”

Joseph said as he walked upon a lost little lamb. He was now walking with his Liepard at his side, the Pokémon finding the two little mice before her rather tasty looking, even licking her lips at the sight of them.

Clearly this woman wasn’t here to assist him in his work; she looked like she was heading home so how did she end up here? Eyeing the two small Pokémon nearby it was easy to put two and two together. Joseph scoffed at the series of events.

”You need to get out of here. Or at least I need you to get out of the way. You’re in the danger zone.” Joseph began, pulling out a Pokeball and releasing his Typhlosion. It was time to start clearing out all the riffraff that were causing all the problems.

”Lucifer, start clearing them out.” He ordered. The Typhlosion began spewing flames from his mouth in an effort to either scare the Pokémon off or take them out.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 21:57:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery gasps in shock as a voice crops up behind her. She turns to face the voice, the colour all but washed from her face. She breaths a shaky sigh of relief as she deems him immediately as no threat. Of course, she had always been a trusting little lamb and willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.. but for some reason he looked vaguely familiar.

What she does find unsettling, however, is the Liepard at the mans side. It seems to have an unwavering stare held on her two mouse Pokemon, who notice as well and scurry up either of her legs to sit on either shoulder. They both hide their faces in her pink hair and grip the soft skin of her neck while trembling.

"Danger zone?"

There's a weak tremble in her voice as she questions him, only to see him pull another pokeball and release a very big, very scary fire-type Pokemon. She winces at the heat that comes off of it's skin and the aggression it exerts as it's commanded to clear out the building. However, instead of be impressed or scared, Avery is mad.

"Why are you clearing them out? They live here, don't they have a right to stay?"

As long as she had been a resident of Hoenn, she was pretty sure the power plant had always been mostly abandoned and uncared for, left alone for the wild electric-type Pokemon to appreciate. Of course, she hadn't meant to step foot in the place today.. but the fact remained.

@joseph
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2019 12:33:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Eyes glanced over to the woman as she spoke but his facial expression stayed ever so uninterested in the whole ordeal. And despite the woman’s protest Joseph did not call off his Typhlosion from his work but instead let the Pokémon continue.

At first he was going to ignore her but he could tell from that look in her eye and from the way she spoke she wasn’t going to easily let it alone, which of course was a bother. Better to nip this in the bud now than have to deal with her getting in his way later, which he figured would eventually happen.

”It’s my job to clear them out for the expansion of the city. These pests are sapping the energy of the generators and being an overall pain.” Joseph explained. ”So if you got a problem with it then take it up with the people who hired me.” And with that he went back focusing on Lucifer’s work.

The fire-type was putting in a good amount of work, soon they would be able to get out of here as long as these damned Magnemite got the message and cleared out. Doing this all day wasn’t a part of Joseph’s plan.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2019 16:00:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Had Avery ever been angry before? Probably not.

Despite her complaints and her insistence that this was wrong, so wrong, the young man continued to allow his Typhlosion to attack and harm and scare the wild electric types. Many of them were of the Magenemite line, their screams of pain and fear echoing across the room.

It made her sick.

"Are you that selfish? They're the ones being an overall pain? They're just living here and minding their own business. The city doesn't need any more expanding, it's already too big."

She's probably shaking, her small hands balled into fists.

"I'm taking it up with you, right now. The only one who can stop this is you, after all."

She squints, as if suddenly recognizing who he is.

"Your cookies may have been sweet, but I can see that the person behind them is totally not!"

It takes all of her strength and bravery then to run up and stand in front of the next batch of wild Magenemite, too frightened to run away. Her arms are outstretched and she's set her jaw, glaring at the young man and his Pokemon.

"You won't hurt them."

@joseph
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2019 3:29:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Why was it him that had to deal with these annoyances? As the girl foolish stepped in the way of Joseph’s work he snapped his fingers, making Lucifer stop his clearing immediately as to avoid the girl getting caught in the crossfire.

He sighed loudly, and as he listened to her words he took off his glasses and proceeded to clean them with a special cloth he took out of his pocket. ”Right, right. My heart bleeds for you and the plight of these Pokémon.” He felt he was going to be sick due to how overdramatic she was being.

”I’m not here to argue with you about the morality of what I’m doing.” He said, putting his glasses back on. As he spoke his Liepard was circling around the girl, the Pokémon’s eyes watching the girl and her Pokémon ever so closely.

”If I don’t do it someone else will and they’ll be a lot less civil than myself, to you and these Pokémon. You should be grateful that it was me who took the job and I’m even entertaining this.” Joseph would then hand wave the girl away.

”Now go on shoo, these are the last bunch and they need to be moved out of the way. Or you can ask the Magnemite to peacefully piss off or else they’ll actually get wiped out. “

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 1:40:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery winces, perhaps a little afraid that Joseph might not stop his Typhlosion inn time and that she might burst into flames. The small group of Magnemite that remain scared stiff behind her slowly relax, their vibrating voices nervously rattle behind her, as if they're still too startled to escape.

Still, though, the young woman stands.

Meanwhile, Joseph reaches for a cloth to wipe his eyeglasses, thereby making it abundantly clear he had absolutely no interest in what she had to say or what she believed in. He could give less of a shit, probably.

"If you say you understand me, and that you're only doing it so that someone else doesn't - why aren't you being more humane about it? There's another way to guide these innocent creatures out of the power plant, without being violent. And yet, here you are, allowing your Pokemon to needlessly assault and instill fear. You disgust me."

Avery glanced down at the Liepard circling her, and she narrows her eyes, remaining guarded.

Her attention follows behind her to the petrified group now huddled behind her. They've grown attached to the young woman, seeking her out as their protector, and therefore are unwilling to move. The man's warning boils her blood beneath her skin and she quiets the frustration in her heart.

"Actually, I'd prefer it if you casually pissed off, as you so delicately put it."

She's blushing as a result of her sharp language, but she stands firmly. The young woman turns then, hand outstretched and coaxing, as she turns to offer her peacefulness to the scared wild Pokemon. They freeze, unsure of her advances, but very slowly creep forward to accept her protection.

"Come along, sweet things. He won't hurt you anymore. Just follow me, please. I promise I'll find you a safe new place to live, somewhere you won't be chased out and attacked."

Avery then walks past Joseph, her footsteps stiff as she cradles the smallest Magnemite in her arms, her fingers brushing the cold metal of it's casing gently.

@joseph
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 18:55:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph only half listened to her words, his gaze on her blank as his mind focused on other things. He did this cause if he had paid attention he was sure he’d get sick from all of this sanctimonious filth that was gushing from her mouth.

Even his Pokémon were feeling annoyed and tired from the whole exchange, especially his Typhlosion who wanted to just burn her, the magnemite, and get this over with and head home. His Liepard just wanted to make a snack of the two little mice but for now, just scaring them would do for her entertainment.

He’d watch quietly as the woman began to walk away, finding this situation humorous. She might have went on that whole spiel but she did exactly what he told her to do, get the Magnemite out of here.

So now that they were all gone he could wipe his hands clean of this shitty job and get on with his day. Honestly, he’ll have to be more careful next time he picks a job like this.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 14:07:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It matters little to Avery how upset or annoyed Joseph and his Pokemon were. It only mattered to her that she did what was right for the wild Pokemon and for herself, no one else.

So when the Magnemite exit the building with her, they buzz and vibrate with appreciation and thankfulness before disappearing into the city, hopefully to find a newer and safer home.

Avery hadn't necessarily been upset about Joseph clearing the Pokemon from the power plant - while yes, it was cruel and careless, she had been more upset about the manner in which he was doing it. Using violence and fear to force Pokemon out instead of being kind and considerate, respecting the fact that they are living, breathing creatures just like any human.

The woman doesn't even give the man another glance. He's lost her respect and she has no interest in rekindling a relationship with the man. She's seen his true colours, his indifference in the face of respect. There's nothing left for her to find any kinship in.

Instead, she glances down at the hungry Liepard and holds her young electric mice closer before leaving the area entirely.

@joseph
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 1:04:42 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy!