NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 6:04:42 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

each blink feels far too heavy but he will not succumb to darkness. he has to remain vigilant through the thick of the harsh, black smoke that fills the room. screams fills the room with panic but he's used to it. he wishes he isn't. but the harsh truth carries when the cries do little to deter him away from his goal. his mission.

a bang! flashes. the bullet whizzes right past him; a part of him wishes it hadn't. the sudden flash of white tells him enough to allow him to retaliate: his own firearm raises and within a second, the trigger is pulled on his own volition. he tells himself that it's not him who pulled it, but that excuse has long lost its validity because he does have a choice.

he chooses incorrectly.

another bang! sets him on top. the others cower and tremble in fear, surrendering to his might. it's the best result he could have hoped for: two bodies. a result greater than that would be if one of the bodies was his own.

alcohol does little to combat against the chilly winds of sootpolis, but that's not why he drinks. the moment the clock strikes six, signifying the closure of the gym until the sun rises, he sheds himself of his assigned duties and situates himself in the middle of the empty gym with a glass of liquor in his hand and a lit cigarette in the other.

the skylight allows the moonlight to beautifully cast onto the gym; the sight is ruined by the drunkard in the middle, laying on his back to admire the stars above.

another shot looks to numb but familiarity is a bitch. he coughs after his drag; a puff of smoke forms above him, slowly rising before dissipating into nothing. that's what he wants: to fade away. he controls his blinking: slows it as much as he can.

he wants to forget.

the sliding of the gym doors won't allow him to. requiring too much effort, he shifts off the ground, rising to an upright position to meet the guest. "welcome to the sootopolis gym—" he slurs his words. "as you can probably see, we're closed right now. but try again tomorrow, yeah?" 

he moves the glass of liquor for a mouthful and as he drinks, he peers through the subtle darkness at the guest. his eyes widen for a moment before he pushes himself off the ground. "actually, darling, for you i'll make an exception." he approaches her, stumbling slightly. he drops the cigarette somewhere along the way.

"what's your name?" 

he forgets that he has a mission tonight.

@sveva
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 7:34:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

nighttime makes her anxious, nighttime in a foreign city even more so. even in dewford a shadowy evening wrecks havoc on her focus -- splitting in every direction at once as her mind tries to keep track of every potential, invisible threat. here in sootopolis the effect is almost crippling. by the time she reaches the gym her hands tremble at her sides and her mind itches for some kind of relief. perhaps that's why when she finds the gym leader flat on his back she isn't upset.

they're supposed to go on a mission -- something about exploring some of the sea caverns to see if anything notable has changed in the tunnels -- but sveva doesn't care. never did, really. when she accepted a position as a gym leader she did so with the intent of serving her community and helping young trainers.

never did she think she'd be given spelunking detail and never did anything bore her more than the prospect of it. from the moment she landed in sootopolis it was the last thing she wanted to do, and now seeing her partner thoroughly intoxicated it's somehow even further down the list.

"i'm, like, not here for a challenge."

she tries to cover up the restless energy stirring in her stomach with her usual brand of cheer. she smiles and laughs off his comments about the gym being closed. when he sits up to look at her she offers a little wave before walking closer. he asks for her as she notices the liquor in his hand. an idea strikes.

"if you, like, pour me a shot i might tell you."

as she sits down beside him her smile is mischievous, but her eyes are focused on the bottle. this is what she needs to take the edge off.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 13:02:09 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

the air around her is different from what he's used to. it contrasts his yet compliments. it's that difference the intrigues and invites him in. his eyes meet hers and for once, her stare doesn't judge. despite seeing him in a beaten and broken state, she withholds her judgement; for what reason, he's not too sure. but it's a change that he welcomes with open arms. he practically embraces it. 

her voice echoes through the emptiness of the gym, bouncing off the scattered rocks that lay atop the battlefield. "then what are you here for?" his tone tries to match hers but there's still slight confusion laced within his words. his eyes trail her as she sits down next to him. her words are mischievous and the smile that accompanies is just the same. it's only polite for him to return it in full.

"a shot?" he chuckles. "i like that. i like a woman that can handle her booze." he's assuming she can.

his movements are slow and groggy but he manages to find the bottle of whisky. he tries his best not to spill it. when he finishes pouring, he doesn't offer her the glass just yet. he holds it in place on the ground as his eyes traverse her figure. he clears his throat because he needs her to understand what he's saying.

"one for your name." he slides the glass over to her along the ground only to pick his up moments after. he raises it slightly. "and one for why you're here tonight." no hesitation as he downs whatever's left in his own glass. the sting is familiar but not distasteful. 

"nikolai."

@sveva
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2018 23:33:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the glass he slides her and the bargain that comes with it are both more than welcome. she listens to him hash out his terms while swirling the dark liquid in her glass, and once he stops talking she tips the glass in his direction in silent consent before downing the contents. the liquor is rough, but it goes down smooth. it hardly tickles her throat on the way down -- where it does its acrid taste assures her it's nothing fancy.

"sveva, vivi works."

she gives her name as if in response to his own before letting her glass clink against the floor of the gym. already she can feel a familiar heat rising from her gut and up her throat, already it makes her feel a bit giddy. charitable. she considers giving up the other half of the answers he craves for free, but the fire in her belly demands more kindling.

"like, pour me another. nikolai."

while she speaks she crosses her legs in front of her before placing her hands on her ankles. absent-minded rocking helps her pass the time.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 2:52:34 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

"sveva." 

she downs the liquor as easily as he did. he watches because he's curious, interested; he wants to know more. he can already feel the heaviness in his head but he won't stop now. he's mid-pour when she tells him to. he does the same to his glass.

shot.

this one doesn't go down as easy. he clears his throat after; the burn keeps him awake and alive. "you owe me one." he wipes the corners of his mouth with the back of his hand, glass still between his fingers. "don't keep me waiting, sveva." 

he's already pouring them another shot while he waits, keen on her answer.

@sveva
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 3:14:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar

it's funny how familiar routines can follow you to unfamiliar places. sveva can't help but notice the only difference between this night and any other is the location and the company as she downs her second shot as quickly as the first. there's an audible sound of satisfaction when this one goes down -- a contented sigh before she sets the glass down again. a deal's a deal.

"i'm sure the anticipation is killing you!"

her smile splits her face and as she speaks she taps the rim of her empty drink. an indication to pour while she answers his question.

"i came to sootopolis to check some ruins or something and you were, like, supposed to come with me."

someone else might have delivered this explanation with attitude or exasperation, but her previous apprehension to do this snore of a job by now has grown to an active dismissal of the responsibility. she's started drinking and once that's happened there's no way she's stopping until she's had her fun. as if to drive this point home she looks up and smiles at nikolai one more time.

"i think i'd rather be doing this though!"

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 3:29:50 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

"the ruins?" it takes him a moment; far too long, really; before it lights up in his head. "oh! i remember. yeah, we're not doing that tonight." the tiredness makes him give in as he moves to lay flat on his back. he holds the glass of liquor still in his hands, placing it atop his chest as he stares up through the skylight and at the stars.

he reminisces of home, of the stars that were once visible in the night skies of kanto. they seemed to have disappeared around the same time as rocket—no. not tonight. her voice saves him.

it brings him back to life as he rises to an upright position. he immediately shifts closer to her. "you think? no, no, no, darling—" he quickly downs his liquor and wipes the corners of his mouth again. he spills when he's drunk. "you would rather be doing this. no uncertainty. you have to be sure." 

he doesn't go to refill her drink. instead, he edges closer and closer, letting his alcohol-infused breath taint the bare surface of her skin. "can you be sure for me, sveva?"

@sveva
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2018 4:25:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

he drags out refilling her glass and she can't help but get a little huffy, especially when he lays down. she's happy he's agreed to skip out on the mission with her but it's not worth the inevitable phone calls in the morning if she doesn't get to drink. it doesn't take long for this line of thought to make her impatient, so by the time he sidles up to her to pick at her choice of words she's ready to throw a fit.

"i'm not uncertain! i just, like, wasn't specific with my words."

a small bit of air puffs up her cheeks as she catches his eyes, openly pouting. he gets closer but its not his body or his breath she's preoccupied with when she moves. her legs uncross and her knees settle on the ground before she reaches, across nikolai and towards the bottle he playfully withholds. if there's any contact between them when she stretches over him she doesn't notice it or especially care.

"i came here to drink, not play word games. well, i mean, i guess i came here for this mission but, like, we're not doing that now. so now i'm here to drink."

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2018 8:04:20 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

she smells good. it's what he notices when she reaches across him for the bottle that he had so precariously placed. her words are almost missed but the gist of it is understood. drinking has long been too boring for him; the only thing gained is the opportunity to forget, even if only temporarily. sometimes it doesn't even work.

"alright, alright." for once, he agrees. he places his glass in front of him and gestures at it. "drink with me. i'll make it worth your while." his head's already groggy but he manages to keep awake; his desire to bed her wills him to.

still, the weight carries him backwards until his back hits the ground again. he slowly exhales, eyes trying to stabilize the spinning in his vision. he extends a hand over to her and creeps his fingers up, dancing along her waist.

"you can't be drinking all my booze, though, darling." he shifts his head enough to be able to peer at her. "what's in it for me?" his hand lays atop his body, open, as if waiting for her to hand him his drink. a little gesture accompanies.

@sveva
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2018 19:53:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"drinking is worth my while all on its own."

her response is cheeky, but really his offer wasn't much better. the implication behind his words is clear and her interest in it is middling at best. he's not the first man to come onto her like this, and he's certainly not the best at it. what kind of man tries to drink a girl into bed and withholds the booze?

when his fingers creep up her waist she responds with a deceptive ease. her hand finds his and guides it gently but firmly to the ground; and once it's there she lets her fingers interlock with his own. it's a concession -- a charitable one she thinks -- but one that still sends a clear message: you haven't earned that yet. as far as she's concerned he's not even close.

"i'm, like, not even tipsy yet."

she grins and her eyes crinkle.

"i think that my company is payment enough for the, like, three drinks i've had."

nikolai is handsome enough and seems interesting enough at first glance. she figures he's worth giving a chance, but not before he gives her a reason to. with that thought in mind she slides her glass towards him once again. taps the rim of it before shooting him another smile.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2018 20:42:40 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

"guess you gotta play catch-up."

his fingers are redirected into a hold on the ground, fingers interlocking as a compromise. he doesn't mind it; the physical touch is nice. he finds himself upright with the bottle of liquor even before she slides her glass over. clumsy movements aside, their empty glasses are soon refilled. 

shot.

the liquor rejuvenates him; he shakes his head slightly as if to wake himself. he wants to be in the moment, with her, in the gym under the beautiful, vast stars, but his body is failing him. the sleepiness continues to be combated as he pours himself another drink, and also hers.

"i remember you now." 

his words cut through the air, interjecting whatever she might have to say. he looks at her and lets silence fill the air as his eyes undress her. after what feels like forever, he breaks into a smile. "gym leader, right? we were supposed to go on that mission tonight." 

he nods to himself as if he should be proud of remembering. he raises his glass. "you know we're going to get fucked tomorrow, yeah?" not like he cares.

shot.

@sveva
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 21:42:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

nikolai sits up and sveva keeps a hold of his hand. she's not sure why. to reassure him that his chances weren't zero? to make sure he kept filling her glass? because it was nice? the last question shocks her when it passes through her mind, but after a moment of thought she realizes it shouldn't. when was the last time she'd held someone's hand? felt someone else's warmth? the truth of it almost sobers her up. she can't remember.

thankfully, the contents of her glass quickly burn away whatever train of thought she was settling into. a couple shots are always a dependable solution when her spirits get low. the warmth in her stomach, the heady high of a buzz, and the way her thoughts scatter after a shot are all magnificent tools for obliterating gloomy preoccupations.

"keep pouring. i'll, like, be on your heels soon enough!"

she watches nikolai sway under the weight of his drunken drowsiness and moves in close to his side to make sure he stays upright. his body heat seeps through his clothes and hers; and when it settles on her skin she can't help but grin a bit. she's not sure she wants to sleep with the man, but she certainly doesn't feel any objections to this. just being close with another person.

"hm?"

he speaks up when she's in the middle of her drink. she quickly finishes it before searching for his eyes, waiting for him to continue. when his eyes wander she barely notices. drunkenness has finally begun to settle on her and she finds herself too preoccupied trying to keep his face in focus to worry about where it's pointing.

"you dumbass, i told you that!"

her response to his memory is prefaced and followed by peals of hiccuping laughter. when he raises his glass she raises her own empty one in turn, body still shaking with quiet giggles. she responds to his question honestly.

"i do and, like, i don't think i could care less."

the league can go fuck itself as far as she's concerned. she just wants to do her job in dewford, not fight wars and explore caves.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 5:39:38 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

warmth doesn't come from the liquor that coats the back of his throat, that flows through his veins, no; warmth comes from the feeling of her fingers intertwined with his, of her body close against his, of her hiccuping laugh that livens the gym. it frees him from the shackles of his past and for moments he's allowed to live in the moment.

here, with her.

laughter comes way too easy to a person who normally doesn't have that luxury. "did you? i can't remember." drink after drink, shot after shot, all he does and all he cares about is pouring because appeasement comes when there's liquor in her glass.

"it's fine, it's fine." he holds off on his shot and watches her take hers. he might be in the lead but he needs her to catch up. "stay close to me and you'll be fine. the league can't touch me." his hand finds her waist if only to pull her closer but somehow it's still not enough. he craves more. he needs more.

shot. refill. the cycle continues.

@sveva
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 6:03:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

they laugh together and after a few more drinks the joy of it all nearly brings her to tears. forget holding hands and intimacy, she can't remember the last time she had fun with someone like this. the last time she sat down and drank for a reason other than getting to sleep or surviving the day. he pours her shot after shot and she drinks them to make sure the fun continues -- forgetting that when they started she drank them just to be drunk.

"oh really? you're, like, some bad boy, huh?"

he pulls her closer and she doesn't fight it this time. instead she aids in his efforts, when he pulls her tight she pushes herself up against him tighter. she folds her legs under herself and leans into his side with a stupid smile fueled by the dregs of her temporarily stoppered laughter. out of the corner of her eyes she steals glances at his face. she's reminded of her thoughts from earlier; he really is easy on the eyes.

"mm, can't say i object to staying close though."

the praise she sings is more playful than heated. when she looks at him her eyes are bright and that mischievous smirk has returned for completely new reasons.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
enivré
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 6:24:52 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

"bad boy—" the words garner more laughter from him as he exhales his amusement, tilting his head slightly at the thought. "in a sense, yeah, i am. but don't tell anyone." the playfulness in his words are transcribed not only by the smirk on his face, but also by the way he lifts his index finger to place over his lips for a gesture.

bad boy: if only she knew the true extent of that word and how much it applies to him.

unlike her he doesn't need to steal glances because his intentions were made clear right from the start. he has no qualms about looking, admiring whenever he pleases, and he makes sure she knows it through the gentle caress of her waist; fingers dance down to her thigh as she fully leans into him but they don't push their boundaries. he stays within his limits because he knows better.

"then don't because i can't either." 

their eyes meet and the mischievousness she presents isn't unnoticed. it's what makes him move closer. his hand abandons the glass in favor of her features; fingers brush against the side of her cheek, down her jaw, almost as a test to see how she'd react.

@sveva