Staying indefinitely [DW | Open]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 19:46:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As Gavin faced off against his little shrew problem, Samuel had one of his own to deal with. A Rhydon had appeared and it was less than happy to see what Samuel could only assume was intruders in its home.

”Lagoon.”

The Swampert quickly moved, standing between Samuel and the large Drill Pokémon. The Rhydon might have had size on its side but Swampert had the overall type advantage.

”This should be easy for you.” The man smiled. The Rhydon charged, its arm glowing with a bright energy as it attempted to swing the arm down on the Swamper.

The Mudfish Pokémon countered with a Take Down that pushed the Rhydon a good amount of feet between the two Pokémon. Lagoon then peppered the Rhydon with Mud Shot. Annoyed, the Rhydon then charged again but was defeated with a Muddy Water attack.

”Good job, Lagoon.” Samuel praised the Swampert, petting him gently on his head as the man walked next to the Pokémon. He threw an empty capsule toward the Rhydon in an attempt to capture it as he’d then turn back to Gavin.

”Any particular reason as to why you want an ice type?”

Capture attempt on rhydon
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2019 21:56:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gavin"]

tag
@samuel
notes
pass

Dewgong is a graceful Pokemon, beautiful, but it's not the sort of thing he's looking for. He mistakes it for being relatively passive until the room is suddenly overcome by a sheer cold. Gavin shivers in spite of himself and snaps his fingers for Aurus.

His Turtwig wouldn't have stood a chance. He supposes it's a good thing, then, that it had suffered an attack from the Sandshrew and not from this.

Aurus seems to shake off the effects of the cold, growling with a strange metal sound. He fires off an aura sphere toward the ice-type, hitting it square on and blasting it back into the water from which it had emerged.

The cold in the cave begins to slowly return to normal.

"I'm starting to wonder that myself," Gavin quips, dry. Given the circumstances, he wasn't feeling too fond. More seriously, he adds, "Coverage, mostly. I don't stick to any particular type."

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".gavin"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".gavin b"]color:#da6c79; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gavin i"]font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gavin a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2019 2:49:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD TORTERRA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / overgrow[break]
earthquake / crunch / razor leaf / curse
[break][break]

@samuel &

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD CRYOGONAL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
genderless / levitate[break]
freeze-dry / ice beam / rapid spin / recover / ancient power
[break][break]

@samuel &

[break]
Samuel caught the Rhydon!!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 5:29:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Type diversity is never a bad thing.” Samuel replied, picking up the capsule which had just became the new home to the wild Rhydon.

”Can’t believe there are people out there that actually decide to become a trainer of a singular type.” The mere idea made the man shake his head.

”Honestly you’re just begging to be taken advantage of but I suppose at this point, at least in regard to gyms, that’s some sort of weird tradition or something.” He’d shrug, that was there problem not his. If some single type gym leader like a flying or water one or something wants to get beaten by little Timmy and his electric types who was Samuel to complain, at least that’d make them easy pickings for when it was his turn.

The sound of a Pokémon’s cry immediately grabbed the man’s attention, especially given how the cry sounded as if the Pokémon was in pain.

”That was nearby, I’ll check it out.” Samuel commented, leaving Gavin to his own devices as he went to check out the source of the sound. Much to his surprise he found a Torterra, and one that was badly injured.

”What happened to you?” He approached slowly, hoping to not scare and agitate the gentle giant. The Torterra was weary at first of the man but calmed down when it realize the man meant no harm.

”Let’s get you fixed up a bit, shall we?” He released his Chansey to have the Pokémon use Heal Pulse on the Torterra. That and the combination of the medicine Samuel had on him had the Torterra in a much better place.

The Torterra was quite grateful to the man, maybe a bit too much so as it nuzzled him and almost knocked him down. ”Glad you’re feeling better.” He laughed.

”What do you think about coming with me hmm?”

Capture attempt on torterra
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 0:41:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gavin"]

tag
@samuel
notes
pass

"I'll never understand the gym challenge, myself." He'd thought about taking part in it if only to impress his battle capabilities to the higher-ups; he could be more than just a pencil-pushing scientist. That didn't mean he'd enjoy it. "Use a single type and everyone knows your weakness. That's not a challenge, it's an invitation."

Gavin had more respect for those that prepared for every outcome. They were the ones who posed a real threat.

He nods as the other man excuses himself to check up on a wounded Pokemon, leaving Gavin to deal with a Cryogonal that drifted out of the shadows.

"Aura Sphere."

The blast of fighting-type energy causes the horrific sound of splintering ice, the super-effective move nearly downing the wild Pokemon outright. It retaliates with an ice beam as it tries to recover, but Lucario shrugs off the blow without much trouble and leaps toward Cryogonal with a slash of metal claws. They score through the ice-type and shatter it, leaving a pile of ice-crystals that may or may not reform at a later date back into the Pokemon they once were.

Perhaps, he thinks, he'll stick around to find out.

"Seems you've had luck with it," Gavin muses, spotting Samuel and a much happier Torterra. It was a shame his Turtwig had fainted. It could learn a lot from the hulking dual-type. "Still no Galarians."

[newclass=".gavin i"]font-style:italic; color:#da6c79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 1:30:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD VANILLUXE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / weak armor[break]
icicle spear / avalanche / taunt / acid armor / explosion
[break][break]

@samuel &

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GALARIAN YAMASK APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / wandering spirit[break]
crafty shield / protect / shadow ball / haze
[break][break]

@samuel &

[break]
Samuel caught the Torterra!!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 9:47:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”There hasn’t been any, has there?” Samuel replied, putting away the now full capsule belonging to the Torterra. ”Such a shame! And where I was looking forward to find some.” Oh well, it wasn’t the end of the world and Samuel had his fair share of luck here already in terms of finding Pokémon that interested him.

He’d have to pack it up soon; heaven knows how long he’s been out here for. Besides at night traversing this cave and then getting him would be a nightmare so it’d be best to avoid putting himself in that situation.

”Hmm?” He’d notice something interesting on the floor. A slab made of clay with a rather interesting design on it. However, Samuel stopped right before picking it up as something was off about this slab. Right before he could make any other decision a Yamask sprung from the slab, startling the man.

In response to its master being attacked, Lagoon sprung to action and attacked the Yamask with a Muddy Water, throwing but the ghost type and Samuel off. The attack left the Yamask in enough of a dazed state that Samuel, with a shrug, threw a pokeball at it.

”I guess we did have some galarian visitors here.”

Capture attempt on Yamask
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2019 0:01:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gavin"]

tag
@samuel
notes
pass; just lmk when you want to wrap up the thread and we can, but i'll stay as long as you like!

"I guess so," Gavin agrees, canting his head to observe the Yamask before it's swallowed by red light. "What a strange looking specimen."

He'd want to get his hands on some of the Galarian species himself someday, if only to study the differing effects of their region on their biological composition. It might not have been his main field of study, but as a scientist he was fascinated by most anything he could learn.

BOOM!

Though he prides himself on his composure, even Gavin jumps at the sudden explosion from somewhere behind. He hadn't noticed the Pokemon, and now he spots it only in fragments of ice that scatter about the cave.

"Well, then." He turns his head to check on his Lucario, who seems unharmed if a little agitated by the noise, his ears tilted back. "That was... something."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2019 1:14:40 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MARSHTOMP APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / torrent[break]
mud shot / earthquake / rock slide / muddy water
[break][break]
@samuel+

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GLALIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / ice body[break]
freeze-dry / hail / ice fang / protect
[break][break]
@samuel+

[break]
The previous capture attempt was a success!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 1:47:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The loud noise that broke out abruptly hadn’t bothered Samuel was he picked up the capsule that now contained the galarian Yamask. He looked over to Gavin and his Pokémon; both appeared to be unharmed so there was nothing to be too worried about.

But an explosion like that in a cave might cause some problems so he’d keep an eye out for any structural damage to the cavern. ”That was something indeed.” Samuel responded, noticing that they had new guests to deal with. Surely a result of the explosion from moments ago but they would be dealt with nonetheless.

Samuel returned his other Pokémon and released his Pyroar to deal with the Glalie. The ice-type attempt to close in the gap between the two to perform a close-range attack which cause Samuel to smile, it was a futile effort in the face of Regulus.

The lion opens his maw, spewing a sweltering stream of flames at the Glalie. The flames consumed the charging Pokémon, stopping in its track and causing it to fall down to the ground. In its weakened state, Samuel threw an empty capsule at it to capture it.

”We should probably get going soon, it’s getting late and more will come from the sounds of battle.” Samuel wasn’t interested in fighting all day.

Capture attempt on glalie
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 21:57:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gavin"]

tag
@samuel
notes
pass

"Mm," Gavin agrees, "you have a point."

It's further enforced when the cavern trembles under the effects of an earthquake; Gavin braces himself against the cavern wall in order to maintain his footing, and he sees his Lucario crouch nearby.

A growl ripples up through the Lucario's throat, and Gavin follows its gaze to the offender: the Marshtomp that had caused the sudden instability. In combination with the earlier explosion, the place feels far less safe.

"Take it out, and then we're leaving."

Lucario barks, a metal sound reverberating through the cave. An aura sphere is quick to follow, and the Marshtomp seems to take the hint and flee before the dual-type can knock it unconscious. That's fine by Gavin.

They start to make their way toward the entrance.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 2:29:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GRAVELER APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / sand veil[break]
rock throw / double-edge / rock blast / rollout
[break][break]
@samuel &

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / snow cloak[break]
ice fang / ancient power / take down / ice shard
[break][break]
@samuel &

[break]
Samuel caught the Glalie successfully!!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 0:28:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
They had both taken care of their respective Pokémon and while more appeared Samuel did not want to waste any more time taking on fodder.

So with that being said he made sure all his Pokémon were back in their respective capsules except for this Pidgeot who would be his transport home for the day.

”It was a pleasure speaking with, hopefully we’ll meet again.” Samuel said his farewell with a smile before flying out of the cave.