verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 2:14:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he breezes through the maze, having been on the garden a few times already and solving it whenever he's bored. the time between his entry to the gym and when he reaches the gym leader is significantly shorter than it was during his first time.

kyle sports sunglasses and an outfit that actually meshes well for this trip. he wears a hoodie underneath a leather jacket, along with jeans and boots. dog tags hang on his neck, although a gray scarf hides most of it.

"hello, i'm a new challenger. hehe!"

he tells his purpose, grinning, as soon as he sees cait alfric at the end of the maze. he hopes the disguise helps him, but chances of it working were abysmally low.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 2:24:20 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait stares for a period of time at the young man before her, utterly stone-faced.

"no."

she returned to trimming her finger nails after responding to his challenge, seated and in casual wears as she expertly wields a nail clipper. 

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 2:29:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he pulls out his phone and searches for the name of a higher up in the ladder.

ever since that incident at the aqua-fes, fernando seems to be more interested in him. it brings up more conversations than awkward business talk and eventually gets kyle to know more about the council member, like his phone number.

it dials, and then it connects. kyle continues to stare at the gym leader without breaking his expression until the call is picked up.

"hello? yes, hi. i'm here to report a gym leader who denies challengers."

his voice was loud enough for her to hear. whether she takes it as a bluff or not wouldn't change his stance on this injustice.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 2:33:05 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait rolled her eyes.

"
who could you possibly call that would make me change my mind, kyle?"

she fixed the man with a stern look, reminded of her younger siblings whom had proven themselves just as insistent.

"why don't you go off somewhere and do something - i dunno - elite four-related? i'm trying to finish up my nails here.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 13:11:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he puts his hand against his phone's mic, covering his voice while he responds to cait.

"kyle? who's that? i'm just a random taxpaying citizen of hoenn that deserves the right to challenge any gym i want." he stops for a moment to clear his throat, stopping himself from snickering. "and i'm talking to your superior to voice my very appropriate concerns."

he takes off his hand on the microphone.

"sorry about that. yeah. yeah. mhm. okay." kyle nods with every word he murmurs, fernando's voice on the other line growing increasingly worrying. kyle assumes he's slowly regretting assembling the elite four.

"uh, says he's cutting the budget for this particular gym if the gym leader in question continues to operate in this behavior," he reiterates.

a question is asked, prompting kyle to repeat the statement out loud for cait to hear.

"which gym am i in? uhh..."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 16:16:14 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
are you being serious right now?"

cait paused in the midst of her nail clipping, the disgruntled look she wore remaining firmly in place. she had yet to experience even the slightest twinge of fear, ultimately aware that her superior would see right through kyle's bullshit.

"i hope your ass gets an official reprimand for wasting our superior's time," she remarked, her eyes narrowing a fraction. "i'll ask mister silph to mail me a copy so i can really savor it."

she whistled with a free hand, the noise piercing and reverberating within the vast confines of her personal forest. pokemon began to emerge en masse in response to her call, their entrances greatly staggered. but it wasn't terribly long before a vast majority of them appeared at the river's edge, the woman having obviously bolstered the number of pokemon she had between now and the last time they had battled.

"
what do you want?"

clip. clip. clip. file. 

another perfectly rounded nail.  

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 17:22:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"mauville," he answers.

only then does he drops his call and pockets his phone. she calls out her pokemon, a routine that usually accompanies the usual gym challenge. it's threatening no matter how one looks at it, but kyle knows she wouldn't dare attack a civilian.

"when did you get so sassy? geez."
he misses the old cait. "anyways."

his fingers snaps in the air while he recalls his intentions. "oh right. celebi!" only recently did he get a hint that the dream wasn't exactly a dream. everything that happened there actually happened, though kyle would focus less on cait's less moral decisions and more on what he saw on her arsenal.

"i was wondering if it'll have some kind of reaction to this."

he takes out a pokeball. the cosmog comes out, bouncing and teleporting in short distances around kyle. he would get his hands on the pokemon, his hold somewhat keeping it in place for a moment.

"i don't know what it is, but..."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 17:59:09 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the young woman froze - her expression stunned and her eyes rounding at the sight of the cosmog. cait had glimpsed it in her religious texts, its depiction simplistic - but its key features properly represented in the drawing. 

"
cosmog."

cait stood slowly as she breathed the legend's name, her gaze pinned onto the adorable creature that kyle held within his hands. 

"the child of sun and moon. a physical manifestation of twilight - that which is caught betwixt night and day," she said, easily digging up a series of quotes that originated from her tomes. 

celebi manifested at her side, originating from the depths of cait's forest to join their chosen human in her visual examination of the pokemon. the fae appeared slightly bemused before they approached, a smile spreading across their rounded features as they pressed their face closer to the excitable youngling.

"bi," they trilled, delighted. 

"where did you find them?" cait questioned. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/251.png

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 6:53:12 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
HINDSIGHT OF FUTURE SIGHT

[attr="class","ipad"]DARK DAYS ARE AHEAD[break][break]
His hold somewhat keeps the Pokemon in place. Like with , the moment it's exposed to , the Pokemon passively and subconsciously enters a frenzy and starts to eat away at his lifeforce. Enough so that his grip slackens and his body becomes weak enough for it to squirm out of his parental custody. [break][break]

Kyle had been lucky to introduce the Cosmog to Cait of all people. There are few that know about Cosmog and even fewer who have had the priviledge to be exposed to ancient text pertaining to the Pokemon's history. And while Cait recited the text without fail, the accuracy of the text have been distorted by their religious slant and what little the people of Alola have grown to understand about the Ultra Beast. [break][break]

The advent of Celebi spells the end-time of disaster. Without fail, the Cosmog latches onto Cait, all smiles and snuggles as it rubs against the empty space between her collarbone and neck. What will feel like a gentle cloud against her skin will prick at her mentally with a touch that promises death. All her energy will start to culminate on the spot, feeding into the Cosmog as it drains her of her avatar energy. Even Celebi will feel the tether and bond between them weaken, threatening to break as it eats away at her blessing. She feels cold, she feels weak, she feels alone. [break][break]

Cait's affinity with her Celebi grants her a deeper insight on the Pokemon and their allergic reaction. The attack on their relationship triggers Celebi's innate defense mechanism and it cries out in pain as Cait is subjected to a series of involuntary visions of hazy clairvoyance. [break][break]

Her first vision is of the Elite Four standing in the ruins of a burning Evergrande. Kyle is carrying the dead body of a boy that she doesn't recognize. It is the body of , battered and bruised. Mateo is behind them, yelling out something indistinguishable toward a silhouette that looms over the dying horizon. Neither Cait nor Celebii recognize the outline but it spawns a giant wormhole that unleahes a tirade of Pokemon that noe one has seen before including a Guzzlord and Celesteela that she may recognize from the Mossdeep Invasion. [break][break]

Her vision abruptly cuts to a battlefield with and battling against a small portion of the army. Both are battered and bruised, bleeding from their wounds with several of their Pokemon slain, laid out across the battlefield. As the situation devolves toward something bleaker by the second, the two hold hands and shout something about a VICTORY STAR. The weather changes overhead and a mountain erupts from underneath them. Persephone glows with a brilliant bright light as her family sigils flood with power. [break][break][break]

[break][break]

Her next vision splits across various parts of the region. Fortree is on fire and is desperately trying to put it out with the help of his avian Pokemon. Bailey is thrown out of the air and crashes through several tree, enveloped by the very flames she brought out. The Fortree gym leader succumbs to the flame and the city is burnt to ashes. Lavaridge is the very opposite, flooded beyond recognition. The body of Persephone and make up the many that float to the surface, blue and bloated. [break][break]

Her last vision splits to the last haven in Hoenn: Mauville. and sit discussing the current state of affairs in the last bunker known to man. They discuss Cait's whereabouts and how the missing gym leader may prove an answer for their current plight if she had not been missing for months. An alarm goes off and the door opens, standing on the other end before mowing the two councilmen down with a standard pistol. [break][break]

What feels like an hour long movie is merely seconds and Cait suddenly remembers where she is. She can still feel something tugging at her and her lifeforce is barely clinging onto its last strand. With a turmoil of emotions, she has one last chance to fight back before she's wilted down into a diced onion. [break][break]

[BREAK]
[break][BREAK]

GIVE COSMOG YOUR ENERGY OR RESIST THE INVADER!
[break][break]

's status as an avatar is under attack. if the cosmog is allowed to absorb all of his energy it will reach the 1/3 quota but cait will no longer have her avatar abilities. cait can resist this attempt to steal his energy but must state so through his in-character actions and oocly. [break][break][break]

[break][BREAK]

tag in the post / thread you have accomplished to objective.[break]
repost in the research thread after you have posted![break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 8:20:56 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

rendered slack-jawed and wide-eyed, the young woman tilted her head back and released a retched noise that wasn't entirely dissimilar to a scream. her life energy is leeched from her flesh, darkened lines crawling up her freckled skin as her pupils dilate and shrink. there was a terrible weariness that threatened to overtake her; to have her fall limp and submerge her into a darkness that was never-ending and all-consuming.

the visions were something her mind latched onto - almost stubbornly - clogging the innards of her skull with visions of a future wrought with discord and blood. a trickle of crimson seeped from her flaring nostrils as she was on the cusp of panicking, the girl recognizing that her connection with her god had weakened drastically within those few moments. such a lost would be too much to bear, so she sought to cling desperately onto the link which tethered her and celebi.

'desperation isn't enough.' 

with hands that trembled and shook, she hastily removes the cosmog from her form. it was an almost violent action, the girl rejecting all else in favor of seeking out her god and strengthening a connection that was almost lost to her.  

'i need my faith. my devotion. my love. celebi.'

cait clutches onto her head, her eyes squeezing tightly shut as she grits her teeth. she does not allow cosmog to feast, the girl rejecting the creature entirely so that she may both find and bring comfort to her fae - to the creature she was brought up to embrace and to love.

'be well.'

it ached terribly and the bond was weakened, but it was still there and she grasped onto it - mentally seeking to calm the metaphorical storm that had very nearly taken her. 

'i am here,' she promised. 'i always will be. i am yours.' 

she senses celebi's response, weakened but there. cait retreated a step, alarmed and fearful as her formerly bleary gaze sharpened. the young woman retreated several steps, shaking her head frantically from side to side. the visions - the feel of death as it sought to lock their jaws around her - the fear of losing the blessed bond she held with her god - 

"i - "

cait's eyes filled with tears, the image of 's body coming to mind. her pokemon had began  to approach in great numbers, closing in on both kyle and cosmog with faces that betrayed their anger. after all, it appeared as though the man had sought to harm their mistress - her distress and her cries spurring them into action.

"
..."

the girl continued to cover her face with her hands, her shoulders trembling as she wept. celebi appeared pensive only a stone's throw away, silent as they sought to mull over the terrible vision that had plagued both themselves and their avatar. discontented roars and rumbles fill the air, her personal horde of pokemon edging ever closer to the elite four member. 

- cait screams in response to being inflicted with the horrible vision. 

- she forcibly removes cosmog from her person, pointedly denying the pokemon the energy it needs to strengthen itself.

- cait shakily takes the steps needed to anchor both herself and celebi, seeking to ensure their bond is secure. 

- once she is reassured by her god's nearness, she proceeds to break down - thoroughly distressed and weeping quietly. 

- her pokemon assume the worst, quite a few concluding that kyle had sent cosmog to harm their mistress.

- they enter the field in large numbers, intending to ensure their mistress's safety whilst surrounding both kyle and cosmog with a measure of ill-intent. 

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 15:39:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"cait," he calls her name sharply. "did this... 'cosmog' thing do this? what's happening?"

she falls onto the ground. kyle quickly grabs the cosmog away from her when she pushes it away, keeping it in his hold. "rotom!" with his voice, a pokemon comes out of its pokeball and possesses his phone. the device floats, waiting for an instruction. "call--"

about to take the cosmog's pokeball to recall it and then move to comfort cait, he eventually stops as soon as he realizes that her pokemon surrounds him, threatening him. he knows the next sequence of events should he act irrationally. the hand that would console her stops as with the rest of his body, not wanting for any unnecessary movement to trigger an attack all of a sudden.

"rotom, switch directives." his voice was low, but it's enough for the rotom to cease its previous instructions for another.

to be threatened by one of the first people he had acquainted himself with when he enlisted to the league brings concern. "cait." he calls again. "what is this?" it makes him uneasy and anxious.

instincts kick in and kyle falls back to getting defensive, ready to defend himself even with the disparity of pokemon. this wasn't the first time he faces inherent danger. it gets him hot with nervousness, but at the same, it brings the slightest curve of his lips.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 21:04:00 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the tension in the air was worryingly potent, the pokemon she had accumulated contemplating the fate of the elite four member. they communicated among their numbers, not entirely blinded by their own displeasure over his alleged attempt. the malicious glint in their gazes remained despite this, the temptation to pounce upon the vulnerable man ever present. 

"
w-wait."

cait's voice was weak as she took a step forward, the girl visibly shaken by the turn of events but still very much in control of her mental faculties.

"
kyle."

her lips trembled, her gaze hardening and her voice steadying as she fixed him with a stare.

"
you keep that child in its pokeball," she advised. "and you never let them out."

it was difficult not to come to the conclusion that cosmog was partly responsible for bringing about that future calamity.

"
you need to surrender the child to the council. and you need to tell them what happened here - because i most certainly will."

the combined gazes of both her and her horde remained upon kyle as they awaited his response. 

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 19:06:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"what? why?"

despite questioning her, he still gets the cosmog back to its pokeball.

cosmog was a personal project. he wanted to learn more about it while withholding as much information about it to the public as he can. what cait was suggesting makes sense if one were to take the safety of the people into account. it wouldn't, however, fulfill his intention to learn more about it.

"it did something to that effect on me before." he'd rather not share it, but cait needed to hear it. "there weren't any side effects on me besides fatigue though."

he pauses as he thinks of his next words, hands fumbling the pokeball around as he collects his thoughts. instead, he gives up and goes straight to the point, unable to sugarcoat it further.

"you had a different reaction though." kyle did not have any panic attacks of any sorts. he could have attributed it to physical conditioning, but that wouldn't explain her state of shock. "can i ask what exactly did the cosmog do to you? i think i'll need it for when i write a detailed report for it later."

if this was the end of the road, he might as well take as much information about it as he can.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 20:03:42 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
https://i.imgur.com/H8y2m3K.png

kyle was trotting upon thin ice, the freckle-faced gym leader standing silently as he prodded her with his questions. a portion of her was tempted to share, but it was a very small portion indeed. 

"that information is reserved for the council," she responded, pointedly. 

she purposefully stonewalled him, rendered mentally exasperated by the situation. she had no desire to see kyle harmed, preferring that he instead follow her instructions without question.

"
cosmog is - "

the images of the dead and dying come to mind and her expression grows blank for a moment. 

"
just do what i ask or i'll do it for you. is that understood, lopez?"

cait gestured, the movement enough to prompt her pokemon to allow kyle a decent amount of space. her pokemon obey with an obvious air of reluctance, their combined gazes remaining pinned upon the young man.  

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daisy
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 20:21:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we're back to surname basis now, i guess."

if there was one thing kyle didn't like, it was superiority. the way cait tries to subordinate him with an order brings him to suggest that reasoning with her wouldn't bring a middle ground for them. he doesn't know how to describe his feelings, but it disgusts him.

"cait. you've changed."

giving her a chance to prove that the cait he knew of before she became a gym leader was a wrong decision. he makes a note to trust his logic before anything else when making critical decisions such as this next time.

"council this, council that. do what you want. my input isn't important anyways compared to theirs, right?"

he stares at the rotom phone levitating above him, snapping to get its attention. "rotom, stop recording. we're leaving." he turns around, and goes for the exit, never making an attempt to look back for his farewell.

"good day, alfric."