awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 20:47:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once they were free of the avalanche of snow, Lars had practically insisted that Evan take his Altaria, and to keep the coat on. He wasn’t a stranger to the cold, having survived most of his late teenage life out in the wilds of Hoenn, literally living off the land with just his companions and all that.

Now that he was rather more established, well…

He was now faced with a wall of stubbornness. Said wall of stubbornness was named Evan Fader.

Why did he refuse to see reason? That having piercings in other places across his body was a bad idea, especially when exposed to the cold? He knew that anyone who had even so much as earrings, whenever they travelled to colder areas, ended up getting mild cases of frostbite because they had forgotten to take the metal studs out for safekeeping.

And here was a prime example of a complete and utter doofus.

Once they’d managed to get out of the cabin—the very same one that held the Aurorus Winter Ball, they were headed back. Thank the hell he didn’t bring his motorbike, otherwise it would be utter chaos to dig the Indian out of the snow and send it home in pieces for eventual reconstruction (and that sucked).

Knowing that his companion was a rather stubborn individual, he had all but… well, he didn’t want to threaten Evan, but he had eventually made the other take the fluffy cloud bird back to their destination, and that he was fine riding on Ro’s back.

Who, for some reason, was no longer colored blue, but was now a strange, shimmering… silver color.

What the absolute hell?

“Look, I know you’re going to protest, but trust me, it’s better if you stay warm. I don’t even want to think about frostbite. You should be aware of this, he said while astride the now silver beast’s back as they came in for a landing near the Stray.

takes place not too long after the Aurorus Winter Ball

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 10:00:45 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

Walking home really wouldn't have been a problem, if anything it would have been the stretch to his legs and the fresh air in his lungs that the man felt he needed, almost desperately right now. He had his fire types with him anyway, his team had been tailored and shuffled around to accommodate the snow. His mimikyu had been left at home even despite her protests on the matter to make sure he wouldn't be caught unable to take care of himself despite how bad the weather was.

Lars would have none of it.

Normally Evan wouldn't have even argued with him on the matter, would have simply started walking and ignored him when he tried to stop him but the two of them had somehow treaded into a dangerous area of familiarity that left Evan compelled to try and reason with him. His usual gusto was diminished fast, the mental exhaustion he'd felt over the course of the month had begun taking its toll on him and he found himself caving to Lar's own stubbornness, something that might just rival his on a good day.

Evan was realizing more and more that somehow Lars got through his unbroken walls, found the small cracks no one else seemed to see and squeezed his way in. His persistence in taking care of him tonight made a man so used to being on his own, taking care of himself, feel small and vulnerable and like maybe it was okay to say yes when he normally wouldn't have said anything at all. Evan hated it. A lot. Especially since he knew himself well enough to know he only hated it because-

You should be aware of this.

The comment pulls Evan out of his swirling thoughts. He couldn't quite get over the mixture of heat in his chest and the smell of Lars' cologne clinging to the coat he refused to take back. He kept thinking over the events of the night, of recently, mind circling back to how his jacket smelt faintly of vanilla too and how Lars was something like berries and creme and he had long ago pulled the collar up to keep his face hidden behind it. The last thing he needed was for lars to look over and realize just how red his face had gone.

But that pulls him from where he's been hiding and making half-hearted comments the entire way home as a distraction from his thoughts. He doesn't even really register how close to the Stray they are now because he's too busy with his face going red from a flustered annoyance.

"I resent that." he states plainly, looking across the open air at him.

"First of all, my lip has been pierced since I was eleven." he starts, only vaguely aware that he sounds a bit grumpier than he normally does, not enough to actually sound mad, actually if anything he manages to sound like he's not really offended simply making a point.

"Started on my ears by fifteen, got my eyebrow and my tongue done around eighteen and" Evan gives the other man a pointed look, as if to emphasis this next bit. "And I used to have a back corset in my early twenties I just had to give it up because I couldn't take care of that well enough while traveling."

"I started on my hips about eight years ago, three sets one on each side and I plan on getting another set next month." he had a couple of reasons for those ones but he most certainly enjoyed the aesthetic they gave him with his shirt off and his stomach tattooed. In a way, it was part of how Evan dolled himself up.

"I swear Lars, if I was going to die of frostbite from these things I would have already." maybe it was because he felt like the other didn't believe him, or maybe it was easier to write it off as him not believing him instead of it being what it really was.

He knew Lars was insisting because he cared, a lot. Normally he didn't mind, it wasn't like other people hadn't cared for him in some capacity over the years or another, but they didn't have the same effect Lars did. Those people just cared, Lars cared and made him feel like his chest was going to go up in flames because Evan liked that he cared.

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 3:22:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars could only guess the stories behind the multitude of piercings that he was aware of—imagine his surprise when Evan started enumerating the stories of all the ones he had.

He suspected there were more, though. And that Evan was hiding them until…

Until when?

Lars, what the hell are you thinking! He thought to himself, suddenly slapping his own cheeks as they became inflamed with blush. The mentions of a back corset and even more on his hips just made his brain come to a complete stop while he was slapping himself silly. More like to get his head out of the damned clouds!

He had so many questions to ask the other, but they were all dying in his throat as his mind continued to wander towards… certain places, and he had to slap himself harder to make his devious thoughts shut the hell up.

“I—I can’t h-help it, okay,” he finally managed to stammer once his mind was done thinking of all manner of naughty thoughts. “How—how do you even maintain all of those?”

It was a question, and one he had been dying to ask the other ever since.

Since when?

Ever since now, that’s what! He was aware of the ones on his face but didn’t know how much of an extensive piercer the other man was. Maybe it was because the other chose to hide everything under those clothes, and boy they weren’t doing him any good.

No, wait, stop yourself right there, stop, stop, full stop, Lars! He continued to himself as he slithered down from his Metagross’s back and recalled the hulking… silver beast.

“C-c-come on, now, let’s get inside,” he continued after what he hoped was not potentially awkward silence.

dork dork dork dork dork

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 6:32:51 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

"Carefully, and with a lot of practice." his regime was one of the few things the usually laid back and care free man was almost neurotic about. When he missed it even just a little it irked him to no degree. It was almost odd seeing as how he took everything else in stride. Then again experience spoke to how poor a choice it was to keep his piercings badly maintained.

It's a subject they do not linger on for long before Evan is moving to usher the other man into the Stray. It was far too cold out to stay outside and Evan pats around his pockets until he finds his keys, unlocking the rarely locked building. It's kept so only when he's gone and the place isn't open anymore. Even with his pokemon patrolling he prefers to be safe.

It's only once their both in the door that he speaks again. "Heavens you must be freezing lars." he looks to him for confirmation, half expecting denial. There's no way he isn't freezing after tat though.

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 18:20:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Am—am I, n-now?” he grunted, managing to brush off most of the teeth-chattering. Shit, the wind was still so very cold outside—the moment they’d stepped into the bar proper, the air inside warmed him right up.

While his Metagross was more than content to remain outside, he wasn’t going to take any chances and recalled the now-suspected-shiny Metagross back into his containment unit so he could rest for a while. Hell knows that Lars is going to hang around the place and try to get some drink in him because the servings back at the dance were on the small side.

Hell, nobody was going to get satisfied with those tiny-ass servings of food and drink! Seriously? He shook his head slightly and waited for Evan to turn on the lights and get something going.

“You… you mind if I order some food again?” he asked nonchalantly, already digging for his phone in his pockets. “The food there was nice, but… you couldn’t get more than a certain size and that really pissed me off,” he added with a not-so-apologetic look on his face.

“Want anything while I’m at it?” he inquired, waiting for the other to answer as he punched his way through a food-delivery app on his screen.

MAXIMUM DORK

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:46:27 GMT
evan fader Avatar
He doesn't really answer him and there's a moment where Evan looks undeniably cross with him for it.

Without hesitation the man reaches out to touch the other's cheeks, the side of his neck, confirming the cold of his skin before retreating away. "Yes you are."He finds the lights and the hallways to the back of the tavern, seeking out the doorway to the hidden part the barkeep has always called home.

"I don't mind, there's also food in the kitchen if you like." because he has to feed himself too after all, though Evan is decidedly more healthy in nature than the ranger may be used to. Finding that the greasier foods of the city upset his gut too greatly.

Stay put, I'll be right back." he ducks away into a hidden hallway, expecting Lars to stay in the main room of the tavern for the time being, weathering the chill that's still in the air despite the old building's heat having been on all evening. It never seems to keep the place nearly as warm as the old hearth does when Evan gets it going.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:12:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Go on, take your time,” he said as he watched the other retreat into the deeper parts of the Stray, leaving him outside where most of the chairs were. Looking for a place he could easily rest, he decided to humor the other and made tracks for the bar proper and sat down on his favorite stool.

By now he was sure that the locals and other regulars knew better to leave that particular place alone for him, otherwise there would be questions tossed around.

All the while he was poking around and looking for something to eat on his phone. While the multitude of colorful food flashed on the screen, he was looking for something particular. Here’s to hoping he can find it before the other man gets back.

Once he had found the restaurant he was looking for, he then punched in his order before calling out to Evan (wherever he was at the time), “Do you want a salad or anything? I found a nice place that sells these nice rice bowl toppings!”

is it his fault he likes fast food lol

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:17:58 GMT
evan fader Avatar

Evan emerges from the back parts of the Stray just in time to answer the question. "Sure, to be honest I don't really feel up to cooking right now." not with his heart still feeling like it might beat out of his chest at any moment.

Thrown over his shoulder is a pair of blankets, fuzzy and cozy and warm. Draped over his arms is a change of clothes. Lucky for Lars they were close to the same size and Evan liked his clothing a little loose for casual wear anyway. Sweat pants and a t-shirt might not be what he normally wore but it would be better than staying in suite likely made freezing by the weather they had just flown through.

Evan sets them on the counter, quick to look away. "Feel free to go change, get comfortable, I don't expect you to fly out again this late." He won't let him, is what he really means, so Lars better expect to relax for the rest of the night.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:35:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once he’d punched in his choice of food he waited for Evan to return—and return he did, laden down with blankets and such. What really drew his notice were the clothes in Evan’s arms—wait, were they even the same size?

This made him blush indecently for a few brief moments before the other man turned away. “Look, we’re both men here,” he began with a chuckle, but Arceus the suit he had on was getting a little too cramped for comfort to stay in any longer. Thankfully there was nobody else around, so he shed the layers of clothing quickly and folded them properly before changing into the offered clothes.

Oh, shit, and they smelled just like him, even! Woodsy with a hint of familiar earth…

Hoping that his burning red ears weren’t the damned giveaway, he then slid his phone across the table for Evan to look at. “There’s the menu, pick something while you’re at it,” before going back and getting out of the pants and changing into the rest of the clothes as he ducked down and peeled off the formal shoes. Shit, he should’ve left these out to dry first…

oh no lol

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:42:53 GMT
evan fader Avatar
There is a small part of Evan is that is taken aback, perhaps more by surprise than anything at the comment. If only because he didn't expect the answer he was given and he thinks it a good thing he turned away. He could only imagine the look on his face otherwise, because truth be told Lars got to him in a way he wasn't sure he could handle just yet.

"Of course." Evan takes the phone, letting the blankets shift off his shoulder and settle onto the counter. They make a mess of themselves but he pays it no real mind. Eyes more distracted by the idea of glancing at lars in between reading items on the menu on the screen in his hand.

He makes hi choices, salads and light things to munch on because that's how he eats and hands it back. "That at least better than the suit? I was pretty sure we were close enough in size those would fit."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:00:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once the phone is slid back his way, he looked up in time to see that… wait, was he seeing things or was there a flash of color on Evan’s face? Either way, he blinked and took a look at his phone screen to check how much time was remaining before their food arrived.

“Yeah—these feel way better,” he nodded approvingly. It was at this point a thought struck him, and he then turned away, if but to hide the way his ears were now blushing to all absolute fuck.

“How—how can I get these—washed for you? How’m I supposed to… to return these to you later after I leave?” he asked the other man, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

Lars pls

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:08:03 GMT
evan fader Avatar
"Don't worry about it. It's the least I can do after you insisted on giving me a ride home." Evan insists. Because truth be told he didn't really expect much. 'If they don't make it back for some reason it's not a problem." He didn't worry about things like clothes.

He worried more about things like the chill, and that's why he plucks one of the blankets up from the counter. He smooths it out and grabs one end in each hand before through it over Lars' shoulders. Something to make sure he gets cozy and warm.

'You can wash your clothes in the morning during breakfast or something."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:17:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He couldn’t help but avert his gaze for a few moments at the dismissive way that Evan spoke about his clothes. Mostly averted his gaze because there was a blush forming rather quickly on his cheeks and he willed himself to calm the fuck down and stop going off like an alarm bell in front of this man!

…when was the last time he had felt so comfortable around anyone? Certainly it wasn’t like this with Stormy. Leon was another thing entirely, bless wherever he was now.

“You—you know…” he managed to get out after stealing a few glances at the phone he was keeping an eye on (the better to gauge when their food was coming) “…suits are a pain in the ass to wash, they need to be dry-cleaned,” he added with a snort.

“I’m talking about… about your clothes.”

He didn’t want to leave the place stark-ass naked now, did he?!

dorks. They are colossal dorks that is ALL

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:22:40 GMT
evan fader Avatar
Evan busies himself with tucking the blanket around Lars, ensuring that no heat will escape and the man will be warmed without worry. He's not looking at him, trying his best to avoid whatever look might be on his face because his mothering is simply that, mothering.

So he wants to believe.

"oh" Evan looks up at him. "Right."

"I prefer not to wear suites, I forget."

Truth be told Evan only owned a suite for when they were required, and when they weren't he simply dressed nicely. He pulled off a fitted turtleneck and slacks exceptionally well. Better than a suite really. "Like I said, it's fine to take them with you. If they don't make it back it's alright." he shakes his head. "I'm really not worried about it."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:39:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

That was the one remark that had sent Lars tipping over the cliffs into insanity—well, the rightfully placed kind of insanity, if he were to be honest.

At least he’s not letting me go home buck-ass naked, he thought as the blush continued to radiate from his ears, not realizing there was a weight on his shoulders until he saw something from the corner of his eye.

“It’s really warm now,” he began softly as he huddled the blanket closer. “Much better than the cold outside, if I’ll be honest.”

I hope you really don’t mind if I take your clothes home with me in the morning later, he continued to himself in the back of his mind. Sneaking a look at the phone, he noted that their food was out for delivery and would be arriving soon.

I can’t even, this man