thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 19:01:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin tries to avoid Pokemon Centers where he can. He's careful, but there's always a risk involved. The wrong person could see his face, recognise his Pokemon, compromise him.

But when his Lucario falls ill, he's bordering on desperate.

There's one more thing he can try before he's forced to take that ultimate risk: Budew.

The idea that the leaves of a Pokemon could heal as effectively as modern medicine seemed bogus at first, but the existence of such Rockets as makes Gavin reconsider his stance. Besides, anything was worth a shot if it meant avoiding the system.

That's how he finds himself in the middle of Petalburg woods, during the rain, slogging through the mud. His Crobat flies just below the canopy of trees, offering an aerial lookout.

This had better work.

mission
figure he can bump into gavin and they can team up to find the leaves?
@sigmund

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gav b] color: #716075; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 20:07:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
Good on the inside isn't enough! Bring it outside every day, too!
POKÉMON

NOTES

the ol' slip and fall

THEME

Petalburg Woods
"Emmol..."

Ratatoskr was miserable, and the woods were creepy. But he refused to go back into his Pokéball and leave Sigmund alone. Using his large round ears as a sort of hood, the Emolga on his shoulder struggled to keep dry as his trainer in the bright yellow rain coat navigated the wilderness.

"Don't worry, bud. We'll find what we came here for and vamoose." Sigmund assured his partner. But suddenly, without warning, he struggled to maintain his balance on the slippery mud. After a moment of swinging his arm and intermittently gasping, it finally came to pass. He slipped and landed on his butt, and the momentum of it all sent him down a muddy grass-covered slope— straight towards the legs of an older stranger walking by.

"Waaaaah! Watch out!"

"Emol!!"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 20:24:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's foul mood is hardly improved by the sudden appearance of a stranger, the warning cries of trainer-and-Pokemon combined serving only to alert him to his fate before it comes to pass.

Sigmund crashes into him and knocks the scientist's legs out from beneath him, and Gavin grits his teeth as he feels mud soak into his pants. His arm, which he'd thrown out to catch his fall, was coated in the stuff. His glasses were speckled with it. It was in his hair.

He was not happy.

"What the fuck was that about?" He clambers to his feet and inspects the damage: he's absolutely covered in mud, now. The rain makes tracks down the white of his jacket, marring those parts that were not already covered. "Arceus. You should watch where you're going."

Gavin's Crobat swoops down from the trees and hovers behind him like a menacing shadow.

mission
he's a big grump
@sigmund

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 20:40:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

found you!

THEME

Petalburg Woods
"Gyuck!" Sigmund cries out in disgust, pulling himself up into a seated position and shaking his arm to whip off the mud. His Emolga, in the meantime, desperately flaps its gliders to remove the mud from them— accidentally caking its trainer in even more mud. Sigmund shields himself and groans. But their attention is soon redirected to the man.

As the other blonde clambers up onto his feet, so does Sigmund. Carefully, but quickly, he finds his footing again and ignores the stranger's exasperated cursing. "I found you! You're the man the townsfolk saw walking into the woods! I was sent to fetch you! They're worried because of the weather!" He explained, still shaking the mud off of his arms, hands, legs, and feet. The side of his face, too, was smeared with the stuff but washing away.

Meanwhile, though his trainer is seemingly oblivious to its presence, Ratatoskr stares down the looming Crobat with a mean look before yanking the bottom of one of its eyelids down and sticking out its tongue in a taunt. "Emol, Emoll!" It mutters, almost as if saying 'take a picture! it'll last longer!'. Boy, did he have an urge to throw mud at it!
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 21:02:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's exasperation reaches new heights. He presses his lips together in evident displeasure, removing his glasses to clean them with what little of his jacket had escaped the muddy assault.

Hazel eyes glare at the newcomer.

"They're worried about the rain? Tch."

What business was it of theirs? His skin prickles at the thought that anyone had been watching him so closely. It's the sort of behaviour he expects from small-town folk, not the likes of Petalburg or Rustboro.

"Well you can go on back and tell them I'm not allergic to the damn weather," he drawls, flapping a dismissive hand. He replaces his glasses. "I'm not leaving 'til I get what I came for."

Crobat appears immune to the Emolga's taunting, though its natural resting expression certainly gave the impression of discontent.

mission
he's a big grump
@sigmund

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 22:05:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

help me help you

THEME

Petalburg Woods
Not having expected the man's response, despite his obvious displeasure with the whole situation, Sigmund endeavors to keep a stiff upper lip regardless as he responds. "W-Well! I'm not leaving either! Not until I'm sure you get out of here safe! What are you looking for anyway? Maybe I can help!" He suggests, wiping the mud from his cheek with the only clean spot he could find on his sleeve. He smirks when he realizes something else. "I found you, didn't I? Me and Toskr? We're good at finding things!" The lad insists.

The Emolga, in the meantime, grows bored and impatient with the Crobat. Instead, it scampers up the back of Sigmund's leg until it reaches his shoulder again. There was no reprieve from the mud, so, for the most part, it'd given up trying to wipe it all way. Even so, every once in a while, the flying rodent would groom itself anyway. The less mud there was, the better his electricity would be if needed! In its current state, it felt incredibly smothered.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 21:22:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin clenches his jaw. This idiot really wasn't taking the hint, was he?

At the same time, the scientist can sense stubbornness the other man. He's not going to give up easy, and Gavin hardly has the time to stand here arguing while his Lucario is in danger.

He huffs, and starts walking, expecting that the other will follow. Without turning around to make sure that he was, Gavin responds to the question: "Do you know where Budew make their nests? Because if you don't, you'll hardly be of use to me."

mission
he's a big grump
@sigmund

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 22:00:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

growing a garden in the city is hard

THEME

Petalburg Woods
Sigmund audibly grins when the older blonde doesn't say 'no' and walks off. Predictably, the young man follows along as they continue navigating the rainy woods. Ratatoskr occupies itself with a little self-grooming on Sigmund's shoulder as he excitedly responds to the man's statement. "Oh! I do, I do! My mom used to have some in her garden. They'd always bury themselves next to the leaky hose whenever it was time to sleep. So I bet they're somewhere near a pond here!" He suggested, finally catching up to the man.

Assessing his nice outerwear and glasses, beyond the mud that now caked and speckled them both, the Johto native had to wonder whether this guy was some sort of businessman or big shot. Either way, he seemed a bit out of place here in the wilderness. He turned to the Crobat to admire its wingspan and cool look, then turned back to the man to introduce himself. "My name is Sigmund, by the way. Sigmund Sauer! What's yours?" He asked.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 22:21:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

The over-eager youth is grating, but Gavin is secretly relieved to find that he has useful information.

Besides, the quicker that they can find what Gavin's looking for, the quicker they can part ways and Gavin can get back to his warm, dry, mud-free lab.

"And would you happen to know where to find a pond in these woods, Sigmund?"

Gavin gestures to the canopy above as he lets out a soft whistle to alert his Crobat, who rises on silent wings to begin the search for a nearby body of water.

Sigmund had asked his name, and naturally, Gavin doesn't give it.

"Patrick," he lies.

mission
he's a big grump
@sigmund

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 6:27:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

spongebob is now canon kthxbai

THEME

Petalburg Woods
"Uh, no," Sigmund responds unabashedly, holding out his arm and turning to his Emolga. "But I bet Ratatoskr here can find one for us! Toskr, go!" He smiles, watching as the flying squirrel departs from his arm and scampers up a nearby tree. From there, it takes a good sniff of the area before beginning a quick traversal of the terrain, gliding from branch to branch in its search. Fully aware of the Crobat's intentions to find the pond, too, Ratatoskr releases a small 'hmph' and endeavors to beat the bat in a race for a pond no matter what!

Meanwhile, the Johto native is seemingly delighted by the man's name. He mimes picking up a phone and holding it to his ear, speaking with a voice a few decibels higher (and more nasal-y) than normal. "'Uh, hello, is this the Krusty Krab?'" Then a few decibels lower (and dumber sounding) than normal. "'Uh, no, this is Patrick.'" He then breaks out of character, laughing at his own joke.

"Anyways, what do you need to find a Budew nest for, Pat?" He asks, looking around for any sign of one.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 22:32:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin stares at the boy, uncomprehending.

"The fuck?"

Perhaps it was indicitive of the childhood he'd had that Gavin had absolutely no idea what the other was going on about, and was instead becoming increasingly convinced that he was off his rocker. After all, who else would follow an angry stranger further into the damp of Petalburg Woods after they'd clearly been told to buzz off?

Patrick's not even his real name and he's already been given a nickname. Fantastic.

"Science," he drawls. It's only half a lie. "I've heard that they can be useful in homeopathic medicines."

mission
good lord sigmund is amazing
@sigmund

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 23:07:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

ur amazing ;A; ♡

THEME

Petalburg Woods
Sigmund briefly stops to pull a camera out of his bag, snapping a particularly scenic photo of a wizened tree drenched in rain and what appeared to be a moss-like blanket of leaves. "Ohh, science. I love science." But he turns to Patrick with a confused expression when he realizes he doesn't understand what he just said.

"What's 'homeopasis' though?"

The moment, however, is soon interrupted by the excited cries of his Emolga nearby, prompting Sigmund to hang the camera strap around his neck before catching up with the older man. "Looks like Toskr found something! See I told ya! We're the fastest finders in the biz!" He happily grins, hopping over a fallen log and nearly slipping but managing to regain his balance somehow.

From around the corner of a tree, the Emolga pokes its head out and gestures for them to hurry to its location. What they would come to find was a small pond overlooked by a massive oak tree. Budew bulbs sprouted out from the wet soil on its bank. For now, dormant.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 21:30:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's almost able to forgive the boy when he professes a love for science.

"Homeopasis," he repeats, dry.

Almost.

He'd tensed up at the sight of the camera, but relaxed as soon as he realised that Sigmund was just one of those nature nuts that had to constantly snap photos of their surroundings. He turns his head toward the Emolga's cry, and follows.

"Homeopathy is an alternative form of medicine. It's pseudoscience and bullshit, but apparently this Budew business has some merit. I decided to see for myself."

He'd trust an antidote to cure poison over chewing the leaves of the offender any day, but this legend was widespread and sworn by. In truth, Gavin hates having to admit it might have any relevance, but his Lucario is more important than his pride in the scientific method.

Gavin kneels down in the mud and plucks a few leaves from protesting Budew. One of them bites his finger, and he shakes it off with an annoyed huff.

mission
<3
@sigmund

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 3:34:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DAYBREAK
POKÉMON

NOTES

shall we start wrapping things up soon?

THEME

Petalburg Woods
Sigmund listened attentively as the man explained what homeopasi— homeosapie— as the man explained the definition of that word. But, even then, he was having trouble completely understanding what it was. Wasn't all medicine some form of alternative medicine compared to another? And by saying 'pseudoscience' did he mean, like... urban legends and stuff? Sigmund mused.

But he knew Budew leaves had some healthy effects, at least. His mom used to use them for teas and stuff. Before he can mention the fact, however, he winces when he witnesses the Budew biting Patrick's finger. "Ouch!" He seethed from over the man's shoulder, though not having been physically bitten himself. "Doesn't that hurt?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
new disease [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 16:45:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

His finger is bleeding, bright red against pale skin.

"I've had worse."

His clothes are already a mess thanks to the mud, so he finds a clean spot on his sleeve to dab away the beaded blood.

The collected leaves are deposited into a test tube he'd brought along for this exact reason, then tucked into his jacket. He whistles to call his Crobat to him, and the violet bat arrives silent and swift.

"I'm leaving now," he informs Sigmund. His tone is arid. "Do you trust me to get out of the forest on my own, or are you going to insist on stalking me on my way out, as well?"

mission
absolutely!
@sigmund