played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2020 17:21:35 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Something about Annie’s lack of reaction to her Pokemon questioning her told that she was very used to being second-guessed. The lack of surprise on her face played a part, but it was mostly how quick she was to elaborate. “No, it’s a great plan!” She bent down to get closer to eye level with her partner. “You’re, like, a Big Boss Mareanie! They’re not going to mess with you! Just go down there and tell them what’s up! ‘Hey dummies, if you keep eating all the Corsola, soon there won’t be any Corsola left to eat!’ If you tell them that, won’t they, you know, slow down?”

The deadpan, monosyllabic response from Tox said it all. She was right on at least one point. The Pokemon was strong, even by the standards of its sea-crawling brethren, and unusual colours served as a warning sign to threats long before she used a move. Still, if reports were to be believed, the Mareanie were nothing short of an invasive force, too large to be peacefully reasoned with by any single Pokemon. Not unless they had a few days to waste trying, anyway. Of all the things Annie had asked of the spiked dome, public speaking was a first, and it wasn’t eager to start by asking a squad of Pokemon to stop eating what was, in her opinion, a delicious snack.

But Annie could only be counted on to make a sensible plan half the time. She stood up straight, looking to Pokenger for support. “Help me out here, dude. I think Tox can go in there, whip up the speech of the decade and send those guys packing!”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 23:15:22 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

[attr="class","merrkpokesI"]

"oh they totally can! look at them! those colors scream boss mareanie!" how could this plan not work?! a badder pokemon trying to talk down its brethren into not eating something, that sounded simple enough. sure pokenger's history of dealing with problems was more violence oriented he still knew the importance of basic diplomacy. of course looking back at the info about the job maybe your everyday diplomat wasn't going to be enough. it was going to be hard to convince something to stop eating after all.

"but...i think i know something that can help. or rather someone." taking out a pokeball he released his sharpedo from within, the large shark floating gently in the water and looking up at its trainer with curious eyes, eyes that almost looked too soft to belong on a sharpedo of all things. "hey torpedo, think you can give our buddy tox there some help? maybe help put a good shiver down some mareanie spines?" the shark nodded before calling towards tox to follow it down to the cluster of mareanie's that were close by. "a public speech outta be more useful if you intimidate the opposition after all." he stated to annie as his posture was full of nothing but confidence in his pokemon's ability to look scary.

[attr="class","merrktagI"]mission [break][break][break]

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #44d4e4; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 8:08:06 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Dealing with one Annie was bad enough, but somehow she’d found the one person in Hoenn that thought she had good ideas. Tox looked back and forth between the pair, her amused look quickly being overcome by disbelief as she realised they were really going to make her do it. Even the Sharpedo looked ready to take on the hoard!

Tox groaned as best a Pokemon could, prompting Annie to get back down to her level. Toxapex were more legs than body, so the trainer only needed one finger to stroke her partner’s face. “Everybody’s sure you can do this except you! Especially me. I know you’ll be fine, as long as you show them your brave face.”

Tox grumbled something as a leg (with retracted spikes) nudged Annie’s hand out of the dome. That was as good as acceptance to the girl, who gave her Pokemon a thumbs-up as she stood up straight. “Everything’ll be fine. And if it isn’t fine, then one of you should scream for help!”

Tox crawled to a partner that looked much too kind to be a threat… But the same could be said for a lot of Annie’s Pokemon. A leg was raised in greeting, and then she jumped into the water, using all twelve legs to control her descent. It didn’t take long for the two to find themselves the audience of eight Mareanie, and by extension, the poor Corsola they were making meals out of. Tox barely got two words out before she felt the weight of their glares on her, judging her every movement. She was silent – and slowly sinking.

On the surface, Annie eyed Pokenger carefully. She always had a lot of questions about the world, but the masked fighter was a standout character even amongst the trainers she’d met. “So, er… Why do you, like, wear a costume? Do you wear that everywhere?”
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 20:39:44 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

torpedo did his best toothy grin as he watched the topapex come down and do its job. well try to anyway, it didn't take long for their audience to suddenly start doing the pokemon equivalent of jeering at them. torpedo let out a bark which only angered them more and caused half of them to charge at the duo. well that didn't last long, and the sharpedo wasn't going to let any harm come his partner's way. so he gave charge as well, as he did his fins began to glow black as he used a night slash to cut through the crowd and harm at least three of them who stood in his way.

back on the surface..."not everyday. can you imagine sleeping in this? tried it, not as comfy as you think." he replied to the girl's question about his costume. he couldn't blame her, he managed to change into the thing fast enough that someone might think he would have it under his normal clothes like some comic book heroes. unfortunately the suit itself had a bit too much bulk for him. "what about you? i hear people have seen you living in a treehouse. or like, a tent make of branches. is the hobo life fun?"

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #44d4e4; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 10:22:07 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

They were off to a bad start, and from there it took mere seconds for violence to break out. Fortunately, a fight breaking out was enough to snap Tox out of a sullen state, and it happened to be a situation she was much more experienced in. Once Torpedo had performed his drive-by, she followed up with a Pin Missile, unleashing a flurry of toxic spikes on the next wave of Mareanie. Two of their foes were knocked out from the attack, and one more decided that it was better to dine and dash than deal with the fight. That left three stubborn Mareanie for the two to handle. One of them used Wide Guard and went straight back to munching on a pleading Corsola, hoping that the barrier would be enough to dissuade the fighters.

Above ground, and oblivious to the battle beneath, Annie raised a brow at his answer. “Why would you try sleepin- You know what? Never mind. I meant more in general.” The conversation turned to her lifestyle, and she turned away. The cost of her accomplishments had been fame, and where she’d hoped that would mean sponsorships and free food, so far it’d only amounted to people knowing about her sorry state. “Don’t call it that,” she grumbled. When she continued, her voice was mostly fine, but it betrayed a hint of caution.

“It’s not by choice. Not everybody has a home waiting for them at the end of the day. Sometimes you have to make your own. I learned a long time ago to make the most of what I’ve got, and I don’t got much. If that’s just a tree one day, then I’ll make a treehouse. If it’s a cave, then I have to hope something else isn’t sleeping there already. When life gives you venom, you make venomade.” The girl gave a shrug, all too ready to dismiss his thoughts on her life. She’d heard a lot of them, and they’d taught her to have her guard ready.

“You only answered one of my questions.” That was probably deliberate, but Annie wasn’t the best at taking hints. Besides, it turned the conversation away from her troubles, and the pity that tended to follow her mentioning it.
wizz

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 19:36:59 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

there was a lump in his throat when she went on about her situation about her being basically homeless. also poor. perhaps this was the one time that his words were actually pretty freaking horrible. at least she didn't seemed too bothered by it but that just gave the masked hero the realization that she was probably used to it. no one should be used to being reminded that their life is pretty much in the gutter. he couldn't even face her.

down below the two water types managed to make short work of two of their foes with ease. however they were still stubborn about eating some corsola as demonstrated by one that went on to chow down on another one. as it did its friend brought up a shield to both protect their meal and challenge the two pokemon to try and come fight them while their guard was up. too bad for them torpedo was always up for a challenge, he surged forward, the water bending around him and forming an aqua jet that surrounded him as he weaved through the waters around the wide guard and slammed himself into the marieane and its luch, freeing the corsola from its grasp.

up above the pokkenger kicked the top of the docks with his foot as he was presented with the fact that he didn't quite answer the girl fully. "oh-oh right. well its obvious ain't it? i wear it cause i'm a super hero. it looks cool right?" he gestured the entirety of his get up, "plus helps with the whole secret identity thing. can't have people figuring out who your connected to. but yeah, i really wanted to be a hero and this costume just kinda...happened." a lot of his achievements as pokkenger just sort of happened lately. and he wouldn't change it for anything else.

then a light bulb lit up in his head as he realized something. he was a hero. that meant that he should help those unfortunate right? he glanced around to make sure that he and annie were both alone on the docks before undoing his helmet and removing it. "hey sorry 'bout bringing up stuff about yourself. how about this. as an apology...do you want to live in a Secret Base? everyone deserves a roof over their head y'know." showing her his face was his way of showing that he was serious, as if the smile he was wearing wasn't enough of that fact already.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 22:18:15 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

Annie realised a little late that she didn’t much like the helmet. A costumed hero was a cool idea, and she couldn’t deny that it had its uses, but the human element was somewhat missing. She couldn’t see his face; read it, and see how he’d taken her answers. She’d had plenty of chances to refine it, but her honesty drew out looks of pity she’d rather not see.

On second thought, maybe the helmet helped. The last thing she wanted was yet another person feeling bad for her.

“…You remind me of Oreo,” she said eventually, bending down to watch the water. Her voice drew a little quieter, if only for a moment. “Not the whole costume part, but the, what’s the word… Humbleness? These things don’t ‘just happen’. You make them happy, by doing good things. Or trying to. If somebody asks me how or why I’m here, I’ll tell them. It’s because I’m strong. I want them to know it, and see it too. Guess that’s the difference between people like me and people like you.”

A bittersweet smile showed itself, but only for a few moments. Before she could continue, he made his proposal, and surprise took over her face. Then suspicion. Then a cross between the two, both fighting for dominance. Not just because he’d offered her a place to stay, either. He’d shown his face, and more importantly, it was a face she knew. Where did she know that face from?

There were more pressing questions. He’d already shown that he wasn’t joking, and he’d given his reason, and yet… “Why?” She furrowed her brow. The streets had taught her to be cautious of anything ‘free’, but the man had yet to give her a reason to suspect him. Realising that she’d said as much moments before eased some of the doubt on her face. Some.

“I’m not… totally homeless, you know. There’s a guy in Rustboro, Mister Fader. If I spend the day working at his bar, he’ll let me spend the night in one of its rooms.”
It was a start. Evan was a surprisingly nice man, and the work rarely strained her, but the time it took her to earn the night’s roof stopped her from venturing far from the city. Still, it was an option, and to keep that to herself seemed disingenuous. “Besides that, people don’t usually apologise by offering me a house.”

Beneath the surface, Tox was in her element in more ways than one. The Wide Guard did little to sway a Pokemon that knew how the move worked – and knew its weaknesses. She followed suit after Torpedo, slower than the living jet but no less fierce. A Mareanie’s body found itself bashed away from its snack by a Liquidation-enhanced Tox. The last sea star only had to look at the two attackers and realise it was seconds away from a beatdown to decide it was done snacking. Its legs moved in unison to pull it the hell out of dodge.
wizz

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 15:05:41 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

while one of their prey was trying to get away torpedo was not letting it go without a bit of punishment. it needed to learn that going around eating things was just not ok, as hypocritical as that was coming from a shark pokemon was. it rushed towards the remaining mareanie with his mouth wide open as he crunched onto one of its tentacles and shook it around. finally he flung it towards Tox to let his partner deliver the final blow. it was the least he could do to help it build a bit of confidence out of this experience.

"well its the least a hero could do y'know." kaz was feeling...well apologetic but it felt like a very weak version of that feeling. he was at least relieved to know that she wasn't an actual homeless child and that she was pretty ok with that. "that's kind of why i wear the get up you know. a hero's gotta look cool and all while their helping the people out. it...gives them hope. like seeing a legendary pokemon helping out and all that. those things look pretty cool right?" he put the helmet back on when the sounds of people chattering started to reach his ears, he still had an identity to hide.

"y'know if you ever need help, well i can help out. you probably won't though, you kinda give off that tough girl vibe. i like it." he pulls out a card with his, kazimir wynter's number anyway, number on it and holds it out to her. "sides we could all use a few more friends in our lives right? oh wait, don't think i ever caught yer name miss...?"

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 20:04:45 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Annie listened, oddly intently, as if there’d be a pop quiz at the end. Something about the talk of a legendary brought about a glint in her eye, and then he offered her a card. She held it both hands, stern gaze transferring to the name and number. Several seconds passed in silence – an eternity for the little motor mouth.

“I need help.” How long had it been since those words had left her mouth? Months, at least. Maybe a year. And yet, she spoke them with more conviction than she’d found that day, which was an accomplishment for her. “I want to be a legendary Pokemon too.” She stopped. Paused. Slowly shook her heard. “Scratch that. Or don’t. You get the idea. I… I’m going to be the champion of Hoenn. I have to be. But before that, I have to be an inspiration, a hero. I want strangers to hear the name Annie Mei, and know that everything will be alright.”

She offered the card back to the masked hero. The fire was in her eyes, but he could snuff them out with just a few words. “Show me how, Pokenger.”

Beneath the waves, one foolish Mareanie had found itself in the middle of a tag attack. Torpedo’s crunch swung the poor thing towards Tox, and more specifically, the flurry of spikes Tox had fired into its path. The little sea star was knocked out, floating near-lifelessly in the water. For his efforts, Torpedo found himself approached by the pink poisoner (who was kind enough to retract her many spikes). Six legs tucked the shark into a tight hug as she sang his praises.

wizz

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 16:25:53 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

he was quiet for a second as he processed her request. instantly he was going to offer to help her no doubt. but this was like...the second person to ask him of such a thing, or at least the second person he help try and get stronger in some way. "of-of course! a hero helps with any request that is asked of him naturally." maybe he should start a school. "first off is one simple thing; hard work and guts! you gotta commit yourself to wanting to be stronger, sure training yourself and your pokemon are pretty basic but a lot of people do just that. they stick to the basics."

underneath the water torpedo poked at the body of the last mareanie with his snout to make sure that it wasn't going to cause anymore trouble. or to see if they accidentally killed it. however it soon found itself wrapped in a hug by its partner and replied with a happy growl as it made its way to the surface, carrying the toxapex with it.

"secondly is courage! sure jumping into danger is a good sign of courage but that's only to people on the outside, and even then they probably will see it as recklessness gone unchecked, and they're kinda right. you need to make sure your heart isn't gonna quit on you when you try to do something, yeah you can be scared but if you recognize that and still push yourself through it then you've gained just a pinch of courage for yourself." all those times practicing this little speech of his back home made this easier to say, however he was sure he could fix it up a bit. "those are the two easy steps i follow in my work and i'm sure they'll be great help to you."

the water bubbled as the two heroes of the corsola came up to the surface with torpedo parking himself next to the docks to unload his passenger and get a rub of his dorsal fin from the pokkenger. "so after this we can go a few rounds in a battle and i can gauge just how strong you really are annie mei." wait, why did that name sound familiar? "but there is one thing...i can't let you be champion. cause i'm the one that's gunning for that role. some healthy competition never hurt anyone eh?"

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Feeding Frenzy
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 23:52:25 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy.