i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Heartbeat [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 23:48:36 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”There we go! Now it’s perfect! Looking real dapper now buddy.”

Adam had finished adjusting the little black bowtie that his Lucario was wearing. Both had dressed for the occasion, Adam wearing a dark grey suit with a light blue dress shirt underneath with a dark blue tie.

Being here felt a bit strange for Adam, he’s never done anything like this in the past before so he wasn’t exactly sure what to expect from it. But while the idea of speed dating didn’t exactly sound like the most amazing thing ever he figured why not give it a shot, he had never done it before and it could be fun after all.

They found their assigned table and Adam took a seat, his Lucario standing next to him. Soon thereafter someone came by to offer him a drink which he gladly accepted. Leaned back in his chair, Adam took occasional sips from his glass and watched the goings-on inside the ballroom.

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
Heartbeat [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 17:24:48 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","league test2"]
[attr="class","test2-wrapper"]
Persephone was running a little late, which was somehow unsurprising and totally on brand. [break][break]

It's not so much that she was nervous - for better or for worse, she was used to the public eye by now - but there was always something about meeting new people in comparatively intimate settings that spurred a pang of apprehension. Persephone wouldn't describe herself as particularly vain, but she had spent longer than she cared to admit getting ready for the occasion. [break][break]

In the hall, she took a moment to scan the rows of tables to find her first allocated partner. He and his Pokemon were already there, and he had even taken care to adorn his Lucario with a little bowtie. [break][break]

She turned her head very slightly to the side to study the Mimikyu on her shoulder. It was snoozing quietly and somehow seemed very under-dressed in comparison. Persephone gave him a gentle poke to wake him up and made her way over to the table. Shaking hands seemed somehow too formal considering the circumstances, so Persephone opted for a small wave and took a seat opposite the man. [break][break]

"The second Pokemon I ever got as a kid was a Lucario," she said, beaming at the trainer, flashing a quick smile to his Pokemon too for good measure as well. [break][break]

"Nice to meet you both, I'm Persephone."

[attr="class","test2-tagged"]

[attr="class","test2-lyrics"]
In a thousand prisms, And more hours, To gaze through their cuts.

[newclass=.test2] width: 350px; margin: 0 auto; background: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ZqPNs5HT/stardust.png); padding:30px; border: 1px solid #1b1b1b; padding-bottom: 0; padding-bottom: 0; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-wrapper] background: #343434; padding: 30px; font-size: 11px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; color: #aaa; text-align: justify; border: 1px solid #222; padding-bottom: 10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-lyrics] background: rgba(34,34,34,.8); margin: 0px -30px; margin-top: -1px; padding: 15px; border-top: 1px solid #1b1b1b; text-align: center; font-size: 7px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.5px; color: #777; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-tagged] text-align: right; margin-right: -10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a] color: #aaa; text-decoration: none; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a:before] content:"("; color: #999; margin-right: 3px; font-size: 9px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a:after] content:")"; color: #999; margin-left: 3px; font-size: 9px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-lyrics b] color: var(--color); opacity: .8; [/newclass] [newclass=.league] --color: #dea02c; [/newclass] [newclass=.rocket] --color: #716075; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Heartbeat [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 2:05:15 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam was still nursing his drink and watching the party goers as they went on with their speed dates. His gaze would then meet with his would be partner, her giving him a wave which in returned in kind. Her interest in Soul had the two grinning from ear to ear, Adam petting the Lucario who had just smiled back at the woman.

”He’s been my partner since the start, when I was just a dumb tyke and he was just a little riolu.” Adam gushed, causing Soul to blush a bit. This really took the man back, what a time the two of them have had.

”It’s a pleasure to meet you both as well, the name’s Adam and this looker here is Soul.” He replied, giving a wave to the Mimikyu on Persephone’s shoulder. Something about her was familiar, why did he think he knew who she was.

"What’s the story between you and that little one?”

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
Heartbeat [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 13:50:50 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","league test2"]
[attr="class","test2-wrapper"]
She watched the interaction between Adam and his Lucario and couldn't help but genuinely smile, warmth settling in the hollow of her chest. The friendships between trainers and the aura-using Pokemon were notoriously special and potent. From this exchange alone she's certain Adam and Soul had been through a lot together. [break][break]

If the Mimikyu held any timidness, it bled out the moment Adam asked about him. The Pokemon flopped his head out into full view and then essentially dashed down the length of Persephone's arm on its bizarre, dark limbs to sit in front of her at the table, gazing from Adam to Soul with what Persephone quickly identified as unabashed delight. [break][break]

"This is Emmett!" Persephone said affectionately, giving the top of the Pokemon's "head" a gentle pat between its two "ears". "He's been part of my, well, party, I guess, for... maybe 8 years? I've started using Ghost-types more for work so I thought I'd bring him out and see if he's learned to behave in public." [break][break]

The answer became self-evident moments later - an empathetic no - when the Mimikyu reached out something resembling a shadowy arm to snatch a handful of heart-shaped candy from a bowl. With a loud crinkling noise, the candy (complete with wrappers) disappeared somewhere underneath his little rag costume. [break][break]

Persephone gave a wan, apologetic smile. [break][break]

"We're working on it."

[attr="class","test2-tagged"]

[attr="class","test2-lyrics"]
In a thousand prisms, And more hours, To gaze through their cuts.

[newclass=.test2] width: 350px; margin: 0 auto; background: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ZqPNs5HT/stardust.png); padding:30px; border: 1px solid #1b1b1b; padding-bottom: 0; padding-bottom: 0; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-wrapper] background: #343434; padding: 30px; font-size: 11px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; color: #aaa; text-align: justify; border: 1px solid #222; padding-bottom: 10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-lyrics] background: rgba(34,34,34,.8); margin: 0px -30px; margin-top: -1px; padding: 15px; border-top: 1px solid #1b1b1b; text-align: center; font-size: 7px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.5px; color: #777; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-tagged] text-align: right; margin-right: -10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a] color: #aaa; text-decoration: none; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a:before] content:"("; color: #999; margin-right: 3px; font-size: 9px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a:after] content:")"; color: #999; margin-left: 3px; font-size: 9px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-lyrics b] color: var(--color); opacity: .8; [/newclass] [newclass=.league] --color: #dea02c; [/newclass] [newclass=.rocket] --color: #716075; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Heartbeat [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 21:57:44 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Hey there Emmett, nice to meet you.” Adam smiled and waved down at the little ghost type. Adam was well aware that these type of Pokémon normally get a bad rap among most people so it was nice to see someone who not only seemed happy to have one around but was making ghost types a priority in their work.

Though that made Adam wonder what was going on with her work that would encourage the increase in the use of ghost types, which is assuming she didn’t just do it because she wanted to.

Watching the little guy snatch some of the heart-shaped candy from a bowl gave Adam a good laugh. ”I guess he was hungry!” This would be the first time Adam caught a Mimikyu actually eating something it was well….interesting.

”Is it a busy work life that brought you to this event?”