Illusions [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 0:04:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A job to inspect some house that may or may not be haunted wasn’t exactly a typical job for Samuel, mostly because he’d find that sort of thing bogus. And even if it was haunted that sounded more like a job for a Pokémon handler or something that like exorcists, it’d just be ghost Pokémon.

So normally he would’ve passed up on a job like this but it was something that Rocket wanted him to do.

The place they were investigating was a safe house for the organization for members to lay low when need be so it was important that it was ghost-free.

Samuel was already kind of disinterested in the job so to pass the time while he waited for his partner to show since he arrived early, he started to play with his Mightyena, playing around with a stick that he found.

But as he was playing he heard a strange noise coming from behind him, almost like a muffled scream.

"What the hell was that?" He turned to face the building but there didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. But at the same time, he couldn't help but feel he was staring at death's door, and that if he went in he wouldn't be coming out.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 5:18:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
if there was something to say about ghosts, it was that she loved them.
not.

the little beings who liked to manifest and disappear, like nothing more than a harmless mirage, always gave her the creeps. they always made her uncomfortable, no matter where she went - which is one of the main reasons why she housed so many dark type pokemon on her person. they made her feel safer. made her feel a bit more sane when her pokemon could get a ghost type down for the count in a single, fell swoop. something like this should have been given to someone else: but what drew her in was the money offered.

it was quick money. it wasn't easy money, but it was quick. and quick was exactly what she needed.

so she walks down the hallways, with a houndoom in haul who was waving his tail around, idly as they took further steps in. her partner seemed fairly indifferent to the mission, while her houndoom was keeping himself on guard to make sure that nothing fishy was happening. it wasn't until she heard the same muffled scream did she nearly jump out of her skin, and stared behind them with him.

"...i-i don't think that was anything.." she tries to brush it off, but the soft growling of the fire canine said otherwise.

"l-lets just.. keep going. i'd rather not be here longer than i have to be.."

@samuel
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 5:56:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Now inside of the building Samuel cautiously walked through the building, diligently taking in his surroundings. Any little oddity might end up being a sign of a ghost type or any Pokémon for that matter being nearby.

Sure at this point, he was a bit on edge but more than anything he was worried about the possibility someone might actually need help than running into some ghosts.

But there was still likely alternative that this was just some ghost Pokémon messing with them.

”We’ll be fine; we’ve got our Pokémon with us at least.” And speaking of which he needed another one out.

He sent out his Klefki and told the little one to stay close to him. Now he had an option for when they did spot the ghost type and they could keep it in one spot. He didn't want to have to play their games of tricks and mirages. 

And again they could hear that screaming but this time it was coming from two different sides of the building. So they had a choice, go towards the one that sounded closer or the one that sounded farther away and deeper into the building.

Either way, Samuel wasn’t particularly in the mood for splitting up.

”Let’s keep going straight, I think that way will lead into a living room of sorts.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 6:28:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she didn't like this.
she really didn't like this.

the idea of going around and looking for ghost type pokemon, even if just to confirm their presence, wasn't something that she liked to do - and she imagines that it's the same for this man over here. the scream that followed wasn't exactly welcome, either, especially considering the circumstances.

... god, she really didn't like ghosts.

so the albino woman only keeps her hands close to her body, almost hugging herself on occasions to try and ease the goosebumps that ghost pokemon loved to inflict. "... mmn." she hums and nods, quickly moving behind samuel and pressing on, deeper into the house. "i would feel better if it were a ghost pokemon, over an actual.. ghost.." at least with a ghost pokemon, her houndoom could crash through with its fangs and claws.

she wants to lighten the mood and get their mind off the.. less.. pleasant reality. "so.." she starts, sticking close with her fingers tented and the base of her hands resting against her stomach. "i don't think i've caught your name..? mine is ophelia."

@samuel

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 6:46:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Agreed.” And the thought process between the two of them was the same as well. He’d much rather it just be ghost Pokémon because he can actually fight those and he also doesn’t really believe much in ghosts outside of that.

Never would he deny the possibility, this world was too weird for him to do that, but he was extremely skeptical. But that didn’t matter much now and depending on how things end up going today he might end up becoming a believer.

Hopefully, today was not that day and it was just a Gengar or something like that.

”Oh right! My name’s Samuel, you can just call me Sam if you’d prefer. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ophelia, wish it was under better circumstances.” He replied, giving her a smile.

Soon they’d reach what was essentially was the living room and where one of the screams sounded as if the source was here.

”Nothing.” Samuel crossed his arms and began to look around. It appeared to be nothing more than a simple living with furniture spread about. But shortly after entering the room, Ophelia would feel a tugging feeling at her ankles.

At first, it’s a faint feeling but over time it becomes stronger and stronger before it feels as if someone or thing is trying to knock her over and drag her away by her ankles and out of the room.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:35:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
at least they were on the same page.

with ghost pokemon, she could just have her houndoom sic it and stop it from causing a ruckus. with an actual ghost.. what was she supposed to do? get prayer beads and perform a chant with it to hope it goes away? fat chance. his smile, though, puts her at ease - even if by the tiniest bit. so, she returns the smile, sticking close to the hound walking at her side.

when they arrive at the living room, she takes a quick look around before giving her houndoom another glance. the hellhound doesn't seem too on guard, which leads her to believe that they were in the clear her. for now.

all was good, sticking by sam and her pokemon - until she felt a very light tugging at her ankles. initially, she thought that it was her houndoom trying to play a trick on the skittish trainer. so, she promptly turned to it and gave it a disapproving gaze. unfortunately, it persisted. it wasn't until while she was walking, did she feel a sudden tug at her ankles. it was strong enough to make her stumble, and squeal.

"wh-what was that..?! th-this isn't funny..!"

she tries to kick at whatever was at her feet, to no avail.

@samuel

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 1:03:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It was strange, Samuel felt a bit disappointed at first that they hadn’t found anything. From the noise that he heard outside and the overall strange vibes he was getting from this place, he expected to have run into something by now.

He was about to call it and suggest moving onto the next room but that was when Ophelia had her outburst.

”What is it?!” He asked but he was about to find out. Once he took a step toward her much like how she felt tugging at her feet he felt tugging at his hair.

”The hell?” He’d turn around to catch whoever the culprit was but there was no one there.

Much like Ophelia, their attempts at dealing with their attackers had no success but that was because as quick as those attacks happened they stopped as if whatever did it had suddenly faded out of existence. But it show would just be getting started as now the furniture had begun to float in the air.

”You’re right Ophelia, this isn’t funny at all.” He made sure to stick to her and their Pokémon, he was certain things were going to get a lot more chaotic. But it did in a way he hadn’t expected, with furniture now flying all over the place.

But for what felt like a split second their attackers' forms were revealed, showing that it was a pair of Haunters.

”Did you see that?” He’d ask in between dodging flying chairs.

”It seems that they’re bodies appear for a moment when they throw something. See if you can blast them then.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 8:18:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
oh god.

oh god, oh god, ohgodohgodohgod! this was a terrible idea, wasn't it?! under any other circumstances, she would have probably been understanding. probably, towards any ghosts. maybe she would have been sympathetic to the lost and weary souls, enough to see if she could appease them. but when they tugged at her ankles and tries to make her freak out like this? it was a tall order, to tell her to not react the way she was. good gods.

it's only when she feels the grip release her leg does she have the time to calm down, whereas her houndoom began to growl and loudly bar at whatever was there grabbing her. ophelia lets out a few soft pants, leading up to a soft sigh of relief following her returned composure. "good gods.." she whispers, hands brought up close to her body.

her immediate reaction was to move quickly to samuel, and very slowly hide behind him and her houndoom, who seemed less than content with how the ghost pokemon made his trainer freak out. it seemed like the pokemon had made the connection, but the trainer wasn't able to until her partner said something about it. when he speaks up, she tries to get a better look at the furniture flying around, which revealed a pair of pokemon.

now this was much less scary.

"oh.. thank goodness. it's just two pokemon.." she lets out a sigh of relief, the nerves being shaken off her spine. giving a glance to the houndoom, she tilts her head and gives it a small, slightly embarrassed smile towards it. "crunch, please." she asks the houndoom. not flamethrower, in fear that it would set the place aflame.

the hellhound lets out a loud howl, dashing towards the pokemon and jumping over the furniture that's thrown, before landing and planting his fangs deep into the ghostly body.

@samuel

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 4:05:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Yeah two makes things a whole lot easier than I thought it was going to be.” Samuel replied, pulling out a Pokéball and releasing his Decidueye. While Ophelia took care of one of them he’d deal with the other, already have formed a plan in his head to do just so.

”Spirit Shackle.” He ordered of his owl Pokémon. The Decidueye fired its arrow, not only doing damage to the Haunter but also keeping it stuck in place, preventing it from escape.

This was good; the last thing they needed to have to deal with was one of these ghosts escaping.

”Gula finish this up with a Crunch.” And with this next attack from Samuel’s Mightyena, his Haunter would have been dealt with.

Once both of the ghosts Pokémon were down they would find that they were the source and no other ghost Pokémon were hanging about due to their being no more shenanigans with illusions.

”Phew, good thing that was easy that really could’ve been much worse.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Illusions [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 6:20:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she'd rather not.

no, really. she'd rather not. not deal with ghosts, nor the pokemon counterparts of them. she should chuck in a request to not be put on these kinds of jobs in the future. she was already scared enough of fernando, and she didn't need another reason for her anxiety to spike twelve fold.

with the haunter downed, the houndoom raises his snout high with pride. he was definitely showing off to the trainer, who could only praise it while gently patting the top of his head. "yes, yes.. you did a great job." she smiles, using the other hand to rub the back of her neck. she glances to samuel to gauge his progress, and only smiles that much more seeing him deal with his ghost pokemon.

"mmn.. i don't know what i'd do if it were an.. a-actual ghost.." scream, probably. cry, too.

taking another gander around the house, she raises her hand to stretch up in the air. hopefully, shaking off any remaining hebejebies. "so we're probably done here?" she asks, tilting her head. "in that case, why don't we celebrate with some bubble tea? i know of a very nice place we could go~"

@samuel