2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Save our Sailors [M]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 22:30:11 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

There were a few moments of silence - well, relative silence - as her companion seemed to process the whole situation. For a brief moment Skyler could've sworn she saw annoyance flash across his face before he stepped back, but she couldn't be sure - and then he was laughing.

The sound of it was infectious. Before she knew it, Skyler was laughing alongside him, holding onto her sides as she teared up, doing her best not to be too loud lest their err, company hear them. The whole thing was just... entirely too absurd. She'd been prepared to find corpses. Instead she'd found some people having a good time. 

Skyler fell with her butt on the sand, inhaling some much needed oxygen after that bout of laughter, giggles still making their way to the surface as she talked.
"You did? Oh, good. What the fuck do we do? We can't go in there like 'oh hi, sorry for interrupting your fun, but we are here to save you, please keep your goods inside your pants, thank you."

Her head fell back against the stone and she blew some blond curls away from her face. "I guess we can give them some time, it's not like we're in a hurry." Galleon landed next to them and Samuel gave him some orders before the Dragonite took off again.

"I..." She wasn't even sure how to answer that particular question. Her eyes found Samuel's and she grinned, feeling strangely relieved. "I think I will need some strong drinks after this." Given what she'd expected to find, this hadn't exactly gone... wrong. "That image is burned into my mind forever. But hey, at least they're alive." 

She dearly hoped they'd been done in five minutes or else they'd have the scare of their lives due to a certain Dragonite... Huh, maybe she'd go and see the spectacle.

Okay, so she might be feeling just a little vindictive. 

● tags: @samuel
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Save our Sailors [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 16:12:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Yeah that is good.” That was another reason as to why he couldn’t stay all that mad about the situation. He’d look down at the watch on his wrist and then to the grotto, he couldn’t hear anything which was a good thing given what was going on in there but he hoped for their sake that they hurried up.

The embarrassment of having their fun broken up by Galleon would probably be enough for them to wish they did take by the sea.

”But hey that doesn’t sound like a bad idea.” His gaze went back to Skyler, a bright smile on his face.

”We should get food and drinks after this! A reward for a job well done and medicine to forget what we saw!” And there were few things better to do after a longs day work. And by the time they make it back to the mainland and get these fools situated it’d probably be late and the perfect time for dinner.

”It’ll be my treat!” He offered, sweetening the deal. Samuel would look at his watch again; they only had about two minutes left.

”It’s about time we go break them up.”

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Save our Sailors [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 11:49:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler got to her feet and stretched her back, feeling something pop into place, much to her relief. Now that she wasn't dealing with a life or death situation, she could feel herself relax somewhat. The laughter had also helped. Honestly, sometimes she found herself in the most ridiculous of situations.

"A good meal with a few drinks sounds perfect after this," she told Samuel, grinning. She knew many places where one could get a nice meal, and even more places where one could get properly inebriated - but most of those were in Lilycove. "Especially since you're offering." 

She couldn't help the groan that escaped her throat when Samuel told her that it was time. Well, Galleon had most likely frightened the pants onto them, so Skyler would probably be safe from other traumatizing images. Probably.

"Come on, then." The young sailor retraced her steps and breathed deeply, pinching the bridge of her nose, before she ducked into the grotto. By the way their faces paled when they saw her, she would've thought they'd seen a ghost or something. "Alright, lovebirds, time to go home."

They were halfway clothed at least. Small mercies. Skyler wanted to give Galleon a hug, but settled for a thumbs-up.

As they waited while the couple got, err, ready for the journey, Skyler suddenly remembered that they would have to go back to the mainland with - the lovebirds in tow. 'Well, that isn't going to be awkward at all...'

Skyler leaned in Samuel's direction, her voice lowered to a whisper. "Very strong drinks. With those mini umbrella thingies." 

● tags: @samuel
● notes: ...
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Save our Sailors [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 18:02:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Excellent! It’ll be fun!” Samuel clasped his hands together as if to seal the agreement on getting some well-deserved food afterward. He’d then follow her lead back to the grotto, hoping that his Dragonite hadn’t done too much to scare the people inside.

The dragon was normally tactful in these predicaments but if the people inside reacted poorly enough they could find themselves being roughed up by the dragon which resulted in them being carried out under the dragon’s arms.

And they were already suffering enough embarrassment so hopefully no more had to be incurred.

And gratefully for all parties involved, there would be no roughing up required, the Dragonite simply was waiting for them to get clothed.

”Good job, buddy. I was worried that we might end up having another Gateon incident.” Samuel patted the dragon on the back as he walked past him, facing the lovebirds.

”And let’s be quick about it alright? There are people worried about you.” And as a gesture to emphasize the desire to get them to move at a speed fashion Samuel clapped as if he were saying “chop chop!”

”Oh?” Samuel leaned over to listen to Skyler’s words, smiling at what she said.

”I know just the place!” And he liked to imagine that it wasn’t that far off from where they were going to drop their passengers off at anyway, making it an easy detour afterward.

And once the loverbids were ready they’d get back onto the boat and head back from the mainland.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Save our Sailors [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 23:38:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@samuel